Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

CD Projekt Red

Company »

CD Projekt RED is a Polish developer best known for The Witcher franchise.

Cyberpunk 2077 or full fledged Ciri game in half of the time, CD Projekt RED closes after.

• 61 results
    liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Cyberpunk 2077 or full fledged Ciri game in half of the time, CD Projekt RED closes after. (538 votes)

Cyberpunk 2077 (I like the Witcher series) 75%
    Cyberpunk 2077 (I don't like the Witcher series) 8%
    Ciri game 8%
    Why are you doing this to me? 10%

Here is the scenario:

Quality can't be assured on either projects but we know for sure CDPR can make the heck out of a Witcher game. Whenever you think Cyberpunk is going to come out, chop that in half, that's when Ciri's game would come out and it's as fully formed as The Wild Hunt. We're also assuming they've been working on it as long as Cyberpunk. Studio closes after, no more games from them, goodbye to the other game.

I quite liked Ciri and wished W3 had more of her in it. When I beat W3, I just wanted a Ciri game and that's still kinda what I want. I also haven't really been paying attention to the little info there are about Cyberpunk.

Which would you choose in this scenario? Are you optimistic about Cyberpunk? Does the mystery of a new IP outweigh your love of the Witcher?

• 
    Qrowdyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ezekiel: Yes. Ciri had sex appeal. Was it anywhere near as egregious as in other games(think Overwatch a game praised for its inclusiveness and diversity). No. What kind of puritan world are you living in where a visible bra strap is out of line? Do you also shake your head at women wearing yoga pants and tank tops in real life?

@redhotchilimist: Found the anime fan. :p

I really hope the Witcher series isn't over(cuz I love it). But it definitely needs some time to breath. With Mankind Divided being kind of mediocre, I'm waiting for CyberPunk to get my sci-fi fix.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Ezekiel

@qrowdyy said:

@ezekiel: Yes. Ciri had sex appeal. Was it anywhere near as egregious as in other games(think Overwatch a game praised for its inclusiveness and diversity). No. What kind of puritan world are you living in where a visible bra strap is out of line? Do you also shake your head at women wearing yoga pants and tank tops in real life?

I don't have a problem with visible bra straps. This is okay:

No Caption Provided

The way Ciri has it looks too overt and intentional. The shirt doesn't look comfortable. It looks like it got stretched out and is ready to slip off her shoulder. As for women wearing yoga pants, I don't like it at all. It looks lazy and sloppy, like she didn't wanna dress up. Men and women have become so lazy about dressing up. I know some women wear yoga pants because they wanna show off, which I find trashy.

@justin258 said:
    I seem to remember Triss talking about cancer and biology like she was a college student in The Witcher 2. They didn't know what the fuck cancer was in the Middle Ages. The technology level in The Witcher 3 is not remotely equivalent to any point in our history. You're also making the assumption that all societies progress through technology the same way when there's plenty of evidence that they don't (the Incas and Mayans and other ancient American civilizations never invented the wheel). In any case, there's no reason why a society that has magic, trebuchets, knowledge of cancer, tons of books, and a city as massive as Novigrad couldn't also have invented something resembling a bra at some point.

I still find it ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as someone wielding a gun in Game of Thrones. It can happen, right? Magic and alchemy, right? Triss's design would look better with a properly fitted shirt and no bra.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like Ciri so...
    Also why would they close after? They run GOG also so i assume they're slightly more financially stable than most other developers.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Was Ciri the dwarven lady at the beginning of that one witcher game? If so I'd say hell yeah to a Ciri game!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I didn't bump this thread, whoever did seems to have had their post deleted.

Oh boy. I engaged with some parts of this thread that are... a bit weird.

@cikame said:

I didn't like Ciri so...

Also why would they close after? They run GOG also so i assume they're slightly more financially stable than most other developers.

I mean they're not going to close but there's still some irony in this comment.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#57 chaser324  Moderator

Wow. This is a hell of a bump. A lot of this hits different knowing what we know now.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite it all, I'm still happier with Cyberpunk.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By theonewhoplays

@ezekiel: This comment is funny to me considering Ciri's outfit is positively chaste compared to 90% of the outfits in 2077.

@alexw00d: That line about Ciri and her scar is almost at 'she needs to show her skin to breathe' levels of stupid. It would have been fine to just not have that line at all. Just say she's a daredevil who prefer to travel Light. That's pretty close to how she's portrayed in the books anyway. Btw she has been using mascara ever since she studied under Yennefer for a while.

dizzie_lizzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole thread is a hell of a trip. Who knew bras were such a hot topic.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 bigsocrates  Online

@efesell said:

Despite it all, I'm still happier with Cyberpunk.

I don't remember posting in this thread at all. I was hyped for Cyberpunk and then I sort of lost interest in Cyberpunk and then it came out and I played it and really liked it.

So I guess past me who I forgot about was sort of right to be hyped, though if I'd known about the bugs and the terrible working conditions I would not have been.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This whole thread is a hell of a trip. Who knew bras were such a hot topic.

Sounds like strapless ones are the way to go.

Looking back at this I think I still would have wanted this game knowing how it would have ended up. It's deeply flawed but there's a universe (and the city at large) here worth fleshing out more whether it be expansions or sequels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.