Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 20, 2007

Jump into the shoes of a genetically-enhanced operative of the Agency and fight off criminal organizations alone or with a friend in Crackdown, an open-world sandbox game for the Xbox 360.

Is there anyone still playing online?

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By K0rN

I am planning on buying Crackdown from Game on Demand and I was wondering, is there anyone to play online co-op with or is it dead?
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

...Why would you buy a game that overpriced when you could just get it from a store?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

This game was online???? 

Wow.. that might answer your question. I owned this and wasn't even aware.

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By K0rN
    @Hitchenson said:
    "...Why would you buy a game that overpriced when you could just get it from a store? "

Yeeeeaaah..... Not helping.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure

I pop it in every once in a while and get random messages "Player <name> wants to join your game! Allow them?" (I always deny but whatever) and it happens pretty constantly so I assume there is still some people playing. However, it is a co-op game for 2 players only, something I figure most people might enjoy more playing with someone they actually know. 

Also you don't want to buy it on games on demand for different reasons. The game was not able to install to the HDD when NXE originally launched for some reason (don't think anyone bothered to go into detail as to why) and recently they finally added the option (I assume when it launched on demand as well) and after installing the game it completely breaks some parts. For example you can climb on top of buildings and look off too literally the other side of the game, however I noticed for whatever reason when the game is installed to the HDD areas off in the distance are not textured, we are talking like half a city NOT TEXTURED. There are also other various differences I noticed but those slip my mind at the moment. 

Is this same problem on the Games on Demand version? I have no idea, but logic tells me yes it probably is since that is also installed to your HDD. Also the game is like $4 online, even after shipping that is cheaper than buying it from games on demand. Just sayin'

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By K0rN

Well if you want to know why, its because I don't have much money on me at the moment but I got plenty of MS points. So there.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @K0rN said:
    " Well if you want to know why, its because I don't have much money on me at the moment but I got plenty of MS points. So there. "
    I don't think you can actually use M$ points for games on demand, can you? They are priced in $ and charge your card immediately. At least they have for the ones I have bought (Civ Rev/SF4/Army of Bros).
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By K0rN
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " Well if you want to know why, its because I don't have much money on me at the moment but I got plenty of MS points. So there. "
    I don't think you can actually use M$ points for games on demand, can you? They are priced in $ and charge your card immediately. At least they have for the ones I have bought (Civ Rev/SF4/Army of Bros). "

You can either pay money or MS points. I have plenty of MS points to pay for it but not enough money to buy it at the store.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.