Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dangerous Golf

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 03, 2016

From many of the developers of the Burnout series, comes a humorous, physics based, destruction focused arcade golf game where the goal is the earn the most points possible using a variety of power ups including an aftertouch ability similar to Burnout 3: Takedown.

Has anyone played Dangerous Golf yet?

raptor74205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just wondering if anyone has played Dangerous Golf. If so, whats your first impressions? Worth it?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@raptor74205: Moved to the Dangerous Golf forum. Please try and keep all new threads in their relevant areas. Thanks.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I played about an hour of it

It's *very* one note. The entire first cup (which was ten different scenarios) were all basically the same, except the end which was a not entirely good "putting" challenge. The normal stages where you're just smashing stuff is fine, but I guess I never realised how much more satisfying it is when it's a bunch of cars. Plates and wine bottles don't offer the same thrill.

Also my biggest complaint is that it takes too long to restart each challenge. Almost every challenge has three parts to it: the tee off, the slow motion part where you can kind of control your ball, and the final putt. But if you fuck up your tee off or you want to start again because of a low score it's a whole ordeal to get in and out. It really needs a trial-like quick restart.

If this is just them testing out a physics engine for a spiritual burnout sequel then that's awesome, because it looks really nice and everything gets smashed up real cool. But as a stand alone game it's pretty slight, and maybe a bit overly priced at $20.

There are 100 challenges and 97 co-op challenges, so there's a lot there. Though those are spread out across for different environments. It's just that, unless they make some drastic changes in the later cups, it's all very much the same from one thing to the next. It's a fun thing to do in small bursts, but I was worn out after the hour that I played.

Also the game hardlocked on the me when I was trying to find a multiplayer match to see what that I was like and I needed to restart my computer.

It's fine, but I wish it was better. I actually kinda wish that it resembled more of a golf game, oddly enough, with the destruction being to eliminate obstacles or add additional (or subtract, I guess?? golf.) points.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I'm not sure why, but this game has no mouse & keyboard support on PC. It's 360 or Xbox One controller only.

Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mike: Looking at the unfinished, I can see it being a game that doesn't really work with KB+M

dancinguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's basically identical to the Unfinished video. No explanation for what you should be doing, no way to beat the levels without memorising exact spots as to where the hole pops up, the camera gets caught on everything... It's a real mess, unfortunately

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It just looked really boring to me from videos. Haven't played it, though.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I can't say that what I saw on the Unfinished video was compelling me to buy it. You coudl sort fo see what ist was going, it was certainly a 'take' on the smash stuff genre, but I think I'd rather see the teams next game...they car game they will eventually make. They seem like fine folks, but I think they are a bit too "in the weeds" with this one. I wish then a ton of luck, I hope it works out for them.

bondbill2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played about 30 minutes and kinda regretting the purchase already it's exactly as pictured in the unfinished play, the first level starts no explanation but I accidently shot the ball and managed to platinum the level straight away. Putting and trick shots are super auto locking like Jeff said in the video how did they get some of those shots....does it for you! Oh the tee off shots are confusing as he'll the ball fly off too fast to see and the camera doesn't follow then pauses for 5 seconds before flying to the ball, why not give us a bullet time style camera following the ball 3rd person? It does feel like a slightly unpolished XBLA game at the moment which is a real shame I've been following three fields hoping their first game would be a success!

raptor74205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By raptor74205

Well thanks for the replies. I'll probably pick the game up at some point, but not right away. Back to Overwatch.

bondbill2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I attempted a refund on xbox but was told as I'd played a total of 20 minutes (mainly load times) I was not able to :(

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looked really bad on UPF. The best part was the slow motion stuff, which looked fun but lasted a couple of seconds. It'd be better if as you're hitting stuff and racking up score you also regained some meter so you can keep on going. Or if you complete tasks during it or get power ups. Something to make the actual fun part of the game last longer.

The initial hit and the final putt looked really dull, particularly the putt which just seemed to be press up and hope for the best.

And the time between levels seemed way too long. The ratio of playing the game vs looking at a menu/loading screen is really bad for a game like this. Really you want a Super Meat Boy or Trials like experience for this.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't like it. Took about fifteen minutes to realize I goofed on buying it.

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has potential to be more entertaining. But the load times... dang. The load times are too long. Each course usually takes no more than 20 seconds to complete. I couldn't justify waiting on loading screens for such little gameplay time.

RockGrumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Everything I've seen of this game gives me strong "Trash Panic" vibes. It's destined to be a PS+.

Yorkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played about 4 hours and think it's decent, mindless fun. The controls took some getting used to. The camera could definitely be better. And it takes about an hour an a half for any variety to show up. You eventually get levels where you're a "glue bomb" that sticks to walls and after you launch yourself the spot you were just at explodes. That was a fun bit, but the putting challenges at the end of each "tour" are pretty boring.

There are also (eventually) hazards to avoid, locked doors that you need to open by scoring enough points in order to access your goal, warp portals, and a bunch of secrets to find.

The most annoying thing for me, once I got further in, was the sporadic difficulty. Most levels have been pretty easy for me so far, but suddenly I'll get to a level that seems nearly impossible and have that followed up by a bunch of super easy levels until I hit another infuriatingly tough one again.

I'd say wait for a sale for $10 or less. It's got an addictive quality to it that I'm enjoying. But the GB content is pretty true to how the game plays, so if it looks good to you, then you'll probably enjoy it.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
    Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played about an hour or so. Thought it was trash.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LeStephan

Anyone remember PAIN on ps3?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.