Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anyone else regret using the Dark Souls wiki?

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Theresonlyone

I used it earlier to discover some good weapons and armour. Beginning to regret it.

Anyone else get the same thing?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Only because it isn't really filled out that well.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No. I used it to discover where I could get the Sorcery trainer and I don't regret it. I had missed a merchant back at the Undead Burg and there's no way I would have ever known about him had I not seen the wiki.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I think a lot of the fun of Dark Souls comes from banding together as a community to crack this beast apart with our combined strength.

The Souls games, at least to me, have always been about reaching across the void to lend a helping hand to those in need, whether that be in game or on the internet.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kingclaw

No, because I havent used, and I won't use it.

You are not going to break me Dark Soul!!

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Theresonlyone

I feel better about using it now. I had been stuck in my hard leather for hours, using eastern now but can't wait to get Halvel's gear.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By huntad

I have not used the wiki to progress through the game at all. I've proudly killed every boss thus far with my own two hands. Wooo!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, one of the in game mechanics is leaving notes for other players. The wiki is kinda the same thing, only (theoretically) larger.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By jimi

@LordXavierBritish said:

I think a lot of the fun of Dark Souls comes from banding together as a community to crack this beast apart with our combined strength. The Souls games, at least to me, have always been about reaching across the void to lend a helping hand to those in need, whether that be in game or on the internet.

Basically this, wiki's are an extension of the messaging system in the game. It's when you start looking at guides on youtube it kind of ruins the experience.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Jimi said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

I think a lot of the fun of Dark Souls comes from banding together as a community to crack this beast apart with our combined strength. The Souls games, at least to me, have always been about reaching across the void to lend a helping hand to those in need, whether that be in game or on the internet.

Basically this, wiki's are an extension of the messaging system in the game. It's when you start looking at guides on youtube it kind of ruins the experience.

Extended blood stains then.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Spoonman671 said:

Only because it isn't really filled out that well.

Yeah, the few things I wanted to look up on it didn't help me at all because there was no info on it. The only help I've had so far is reading a few things on the GB forums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.