Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dex weapon damage test

AkiraK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AkiraK

All written done base on memory so I think there is some errors here and there but I guarantee its a miss by few points.

All tested at 40 DEX on Black knight in Kiln

Equipped with Hornet Ring (Boost 50% critical damage)

15 Int with Oolacile Ivory Catalyst 180 Magadjust. 198 magic damage with Great Magic Weapon.

The damage stated is the one in R hand weapon in character screen, not how much I deal.

Painting Guardian Sword+14 - A scaling - 344 damage - Parry damage 753 - Buffed with GMW 853

Iaito +14 - B scaling - 354 damage - Parry 929 - Buffed with GMW 1008

Qualeeg Fury Sword +4 -B scaling - 494 damage - Parry 945

Lifehunt scythe +4 - B scaling - 408 damage - Parry 1088

Fire Uchigatana +10 - Nil scaling - 504 damage - Parry 1219

Lightning Knife +4 - Nil scaling - 294 damage - Parry 1256

I know I should make bandit knife + 14 to compare the damage to Lightning Knife +4 but I ran out of stones. You will have to compare Iaito and fire Uchi for some rough estimation. Overall, I feel kind of disappointed the only A scaling dex weapon performs so badly. This doesn't mean we should all go elemental weapons though. For example, I prefer to pvp with my iaito +14 and hidden weapon to hide the range.

Hope this helps out new players.

Lancezh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lancezh

Cool, thx for sharing. Although 40dex is low to compare the A weapons in here. The Paintin Guardian Sword will move up in that list fast once you reach higher Dex Numbers. Plus its moveset is very unique and i feel like others have a hard time to handle me when using the double spin attack.

AkiraK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AkiraK

The stat diminish after 40 seems bad to me but I don't want to risk extra 10 points into dex. I rather pump int for crystal magic weapon. I agree Painting R2 is kinda cool, it eats up quite some stamina against blockers. Then again... the range is really short, i prefer my katanas.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.