Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

I hate Tomb of the Giants(minor spoilers)

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

I'm gonna start with a bold statement. I did not think Blighttown was as bad as other people have said. Yes, frame rate was bad, yes, poison was annoying, yes, unlimited respawning mosquitoes are annoying, etc etc

Yes! You are right!

BUT!!!!

Tomb of the Giants!! OH MY GOD!!!

The total darkness was okay after I got the lantern. That was fine. Whatever. I can live with that.

But that crawling skeleton!! I block all the attack and it takes away ALL OF MY STAMINIA!!!

What the hell??!!! I have fought some tough enemies but I have yet to see an enemy that can take away all of my stamina with one chain of attacks! It was ridiculous!

That sksleton was harder, like a LOT harder, than Nito. I killed Nito with my first try(I knew I had to have a divine weapon). That crawling skeletons make everything worst!! I hate it!! I truly hate it!!

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By McGhee

I haven't gone there yet, but you definitely have me looking forward to it! I though Blighttown was a cake walk.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

oh my gosh yes!!!!!!!!!

i did tomb of giants today, and it was my least favourite part of the game so far. just annoyingly painful... its the first place i have ever run past monsters.... those darn crawly things! GRrRRRRR

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Heh, my experience with them was...

'Oh hey skeleton dog'

*throws fireball*

'Oh bye skeleton dog'

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By OroJackson

They are offensive powerhouses, but have really shitty life, so magic/pryromancy will easily kill them. As a melee character, I would just wait for them to pounce then back up quickly, watch them hit air with their combo, and as they finished hit them with a 1-2-3 combo and see them die.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Grillbar

@nohthink said:

I'm gonna start with a bold statement. I did not think Blighttown was as bad as other people have said. Yes, frame rate was bad, yes, poison was annoying, yes, unlimited respawning mosquitoes are annoying, etc etc

Yes! You are right!

BUT!!!!

Tomb of the Giants!! OH MY GOD!!!

The total darkness was okay after I got the lantern. That was fine. Whatever. I can live with that.

But that crawling skeleton!! I block all the attack and it takes away ALL OF MY STAMINIA!!!

What the hell??!!! I have fought some tough enemies but I have yet to see an enemy that can take away all of my stamina with one chain of attacks! It was ridiculous!

That sksleton was harder, like a LOT harder, than Nito. I killed Nito with my first try(I knew I had to have a divine weapon). That crawling skeletons make everything worst!! I hate it!! I truly hate it!!

since tomb was one of the last places i cleared it was really easy 1 heavy attack and down they go. so basicly i just ran and when i ran in to a skeleton i just used up+ heavy attack and on to the next. worst area that i can remember is the ruins since theres nothing i could do to kill the ghosts if i did not have the curse item. and they could go though walls and urgh

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CptBedlam

After all those horror stories I was relieved that it actually wasn't as bad as everyone said. Sure, the first few minutes are a pain in the ass but once you figure out the layout and reach the first bonfire, it's totally alright. And it's not that big of a level.

I love how this game makes you fear the environments.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By gosukiller

Yeah Tomb of the Giants was horrible. The first giant skeleton raped me, at which I just jumped down, into TWO giant skeletons! I was running for my life untill I ran into an NPC, who was kind of a jerk also! The "on all fours" skeletons are the worst enemies in the game, in my opinion (I've finished it).

The worst part of it all was this, which is kinda spoilerish:

Once I got to the bottom, you run into a magical wall. I was not supposed to be here untill the end-game -.- ARGH!
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

I think I hated ghosts in Ruins of Anor Lando a bit more. I don't like dumb gimmicks and having to purchase a bunch of curses to get through the areas was annoying - at least it's relatively short.

I think my favorite atmospheric level in Demons Souls was Tower of Latria both 3-1 and 3-2 - in Dark Souls I can't really choose a "favorite" looking area..

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Branwulf

It's not that bad when you know where the bonfires are, also you can get a spell that casts light around you from Dusk of Oolacile which makes the whole experience much easier.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nadril

It's pretty easy to run through the tomb real quick if you know where you're going. Can bypass all of those skeleton dogs. 

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jozzy

@Humanity said:

I think I hated ghosts in Ruins of Anor Lando a bit more. I don't like dumb gimmicks and having to purchase a bunch of curses to get through the areas was annoying - at least it's relatively short.

I think my favorite atmospheric level in Demons Souls was Tower of Latria both 3-1 and 3-2 - in Dark Souls I can't really choose a "favorite" looking area..

Definately "Ïnside the painting" for me. Love the looks, enemies and the nicely interconnected lay-out.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By EVO

@jozzy said:

@Humanity said:

Definately "Ïnside the painting" for me. Love the looks, enemies and the nicely interconnected lay-out.

Same here. The level design is brilliant.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By emkeighcameron

@EVO said:

@jozzy said:

@Humanity said:

That painting was such a god-damn nightmare.

"Oh hey what's this? 'Examine'? OK, Let's have a loo- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

@emkeighcameron said:

@EVO said:

@jozzy said:

@Humanity said:

That painting was such a god-damn nightmare.

"Oh hey what's this? 'Examine'? OK, Let's have a loo- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

I'm gonna have to check it out, I'm already there mopping up some bosses and I just killed Darkmoon.

I heard that area is pretty difficult. I'm in the archives but I think I'll just backtrack to the painting since it sounds exciting.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

Those giant skeleton dogs were a real fucking pain in the ass. Got to that part where there's 3 of 'em all together and said forget it and just ran past. The darkness was probably the most annoying part of the game, way more annoying than Blighttown.

I actually though New Londo Ruins would be the worst, but it ended up being the most fun. It was like a survival horror game. Well... I guess that could be said about the rest of the game, but there was something extra special about walking everywhere two-handing my only means of defence and offence to the ghosts (Cursed Greatsword of Artorias) through narrow hallways and walkways with ghosts coming at you through walls.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By bkbroiler

I'd say the only part of the game I really didn't enjoy was Lost Izalith. That damned lava and those T-rexes. Thank god they didn't respawn. I was a bit prepared for Tomb of the Giants because I saw mention of the Maggot helm that emits light, and also my pyromancy killed those skele dogs in one hit. =/

therightway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By therightway

@bkbroiler said:

I'd say the only part of the game I really didn't enjoy was Lost Izalith. That damned lava and those T-rexes. Thank god they didn't respawn. I was a bit prepared for Tomb of the Giants because I saw mention of the Maggot helm that emits light, and also my pyromancy killed those skele dogs in one hit. =/

When i first go to this area and saw the lava lake filled with giant headless zombie T-rexes i just had to laugh at the ridiculousness of this game haha. Once i realized you could just make them kill each other it got a lot easier though.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By bkbroiler

@therightway said:

@bkbroiler said:

When i first go to this area and saw the lava lake filled with giant headless zombie T-rexes i just had to laugh at the ridiculousness of this game haha. Once i realized you could just make them kill each other it got a lot easier though.

I had no idea you could do that! That'll come in handy next time I go through.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aetheldod

@bkbroiler: Yes lost Izalith is my least favorite place , I felt just a bother to play through it.... yes tomb of the giants was a nightmare , but an effective level were I had to take 1 step at a time , lost izalith was .... ugh

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mithical

I went through ALL of the Tomb of the Giants WITHOUT knowing how to use the lantern. If it wasn't for one of the enemies revealing a certain path downwards after he fell (watched the lock-on icon move through the darkness) I would probably still be down there. I read there is a Silver Covetous Ring down there but didn't find it. Maybe I'll have another look now that I know to use the lantern like a shield...

That said, if those f-ed up T-Rexes respawned in Lost Izalith, it would've been worse than TotG without the lantern.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By Barrabas

I just ran past all those things in Lost Izalith. I can kill them in 3 strong hits, but with them always jumping around and only being able to see one foot at a time when in close combat they're a pain in the ass to target.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TeamJersey

Tomb of the Giants is not fun, but didn't seem that bad. The cast light spell makes life easier. Also, crawling skeleton dogs...homing crystal soulmass or crystal ring shield makes very quick work of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.