Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Is Tranquil Walk of Peace and Ring of Fog OVER-POWERED?

simpliztik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By simpliztik

I'd love to hear some opinions on TWoP and the RoF. I'm not much of a whiner and I really do put the effort into trying to get around TWoP and RoF, but it just seems a little over-powered. Not being able to target your enemy and temporarily slowing down your movements is something really difficult to get around. There are just way too many people using this strategy now and it totally destroys the purpose of PvP. Where the hell is the fun in invading somebody else's world when you previously faced a person who just used the exact same strategy? If anyone has found a counter strategy please share :D

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Nadril

I really dislike fog ring. I don't mind it if they do a fog ring and melee... but fog ring and a mage is just way too annoying. 

As far as TWoP goes I'm not sure how I feel about it. I use it all the time on my main PvP character. It does crush people who do sort of your standard PvE builds and crushes a decent bit of pvp builds out there -- mostly light armor ones. The fights I've had issues with is going up against a tank character, perhaps someone with havel's shield, who can literally just tank the shit out of me and then try to combo and deal some damage to me when TWoP runs out. It can be tough to get TWoP casted a second time if your opponent is good.  

If it was nerfed I could see a slight durration nerf or something on it, or perhaps nerf how much it slows.  

I will also agree that something like a fog ring + tranquil  is real annoying though. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.