Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

So, who's soloing bosses?

• 54 results
    SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By SpartyOn

@Tiwi said:

@SpartyOn said:

@Tiwi: Well I've never played Demon's souls so I kind of went into this game in the dark and, after looking some stuff up, realized I've made plenty of mistakes with leveling. I'm a knight with dex, vitality, and endurance in the low 20's, and strength around 50. I've been using the black knight sword +4 up until now, and it hits for around 400 damage or so, but it's so damn slow and leaves me so open to attack, making bosses like smough and ornstein are very tough....especially since I'm trying to kill smough first to get ornstein's armor.

I just started dabbling with faster weapons and I'm using the halberd +10 right now.

err... i finished the game twice with the black sword at +4... there's nothing wrong with it :-P it's about getting a good shield.

I pumped all my points during my first playthrough into vitality, endurance and str.

I have a Halberd +10 now, and I'm actually doing similar damage per hit, but the halberd is quicker and has range. I think I'm just too impatient to use a slower weapon that leaves me open, I always just want to go for it and end up getting spanked.

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Tiwi

@SpartyOn said:

@Tiwi said:

@SpartyOn said:

@Tiwi: Well I've never played Demon's souls so I kind of went into this game in the dark and, after looking some stuff up, realized I've made plenty of mistakes with leveling. I'm a knight with dex, vitality, and endurance in the low 20's, and strength around 50. I've been using the black knight sword +4 up until now, and it hits for around 400 damage or so, but it's so damn slow and leaves me so open to attack, making bosses like smough and ornstein are very tough....especially since I'm trying to kill smough first to get ornstein's armor.

I just started dabbling with faster weapons and I'm using the halberd +10 right now.

err... i finished the game twice with the black sword at +4... there's nothing wrong with it :-P it's about getting a good shield.

I pumped all my points during my first playthrough into vitality, endurance and str.

I have a Halberd +10 now, and I'm actually doing similar damage per hit, but the halberd is quicker and has range. I think I'm just too impatient to use a slower weapon that leaves me open, I always just want to go for it and end up getting spanked.

you should upgrade it to 15 or to 5+ lightning. makes it into a beast. also I changed to greatsword of athoris (the wolfsword) half way through my second play through. it's amazing. it's the best sword in the game, check it out. it's I think it's 35str/27dex/20int/20faith though so get ready to grind a lot.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By SpartyOn

@Tiwi: I really really want to get it to +15 but I need the very large ember or w/e from new londo i order to upgrade past +10...I'm just not entirely sure where it is exactly.

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Awolf007

Co-op'd O&S;, Gaping, and Gargoyles on first playthrough. On NG+ im soloing all bosses. Just waxed 4 kings. Was struggling a bit trying to cheese iron flesh on them until I chilled out on that spell and just circled them more. On my way to the catacombs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.