Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Well we had a great run.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By kingzetta

Dark Souls completely konquered the giantbomb boards for great 21 days. Now the boards have moved on to GTA 5/Battlefield 3 talk. It was a great run and frankly I'm pretty much done with Dark Souls myself. Time to move on to something like uncharted 3 or something. I plan on beating dark souls once a year like I did with demon's souls.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By jacksukeru

We still haven't even gotten a "what's your favorite character thread" so I say we're not quite done yet.

Mine currently is a toss up between the pyromancer guy and Oswald of Carim.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I’ve kindled by bonfire so DS will I’ll still be here long after BF3 and the other Christmas releases.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

I am not looking forward to all this BF3/UC3 talk :/

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands

@kingzetta: I was thinking the same thing. Loved seeing close to half the topics on the first page being Dark Souls.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Tesla

While it's true that there are some big releases coming soon, a game like Dark Souls has staying power for me.

I haven't played near as much DS since Batman came out. I'll probably beat Batman, Uncharted, and the Halo remake before I beat Dark Souls. But I won't be still playing those games 6 months from now, like I probably will with Souls and Skyrim.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Chummy8

Since I only play 1-2 games at a time and buy games so infrequently, I'll be playing Dark Souls for a long time. My other game by the way, is Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By doobie

i reached blighttown in DS last night and im really not enjoying it.

so i think i might put it away for a few months and play BF3 and Skyrim

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jozzy

Yeah, was cool to see how much community activity dark souls was generating. Seems like it will be a decent success for "From software" in general, hope they will keep making these types of games. Maybe we even get other companies that want to take astab at creating a similar type experience.

As far as I am concerned, I played about 80 hours of this game with multiple characters in the works, and not one reached the end yet. This game still has a lot of life in it for me.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By bybeach

I don't rue you your experience. I`d rather read the comments about Dark Souls than Battlefield 3. And someday I will pick up on Dark Souls, probably not for full price, and more to dick around with than locking myself down. But I cannot help but wanting to check Dark Souls out, just do. As for other games, I've learned that for the most part, it's pretty easy to deal with those with gaming interests different from mine..except where, well, I won't say it. There's usually enough going on that I can find something interesting. Uncharted 3 though does have my major interest, and I am waiting for Batman on PC, so that floats me pretty well. Lots of other stuff also, the Halo and MGS HD's, etc.

But to finish, Dark Souls, even if just reading the comments, fascinated me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.