Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Ahhhhhhhardcore trophy!

BR4DL3I9H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BR4DL3I9H

I have every single trophy in this game except for completing hardcore mode and the DLC ones because i haven't bought them, but damn! This game is hard, ignoring how stupid of a statement that is. I just got 3 hours in and was killed by a lone swarmer who was hiding under a chair after i barely made it out of a fight with 3 standard ones. I love this game, and i think this will really test me! The biggest problem is finding 3 hours to sit down and knock out a session.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By JTB123
    @BR4DL3I9H:  Hardcore mode sure is tense, I'm going through it again on the PS3 version, which is tougher because you get a bonus checkpoint due to the disc swap on the 360.  

You really need to make full use of all the weapons on hardcore, I never usually deviate from the plasma cutter, ripper and contact beam on a regular play, but hardcore forces you to be pretty resourceful. 
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I just did hardcore. FUCKING HARD TO THE CORE IT IS.

Tip: God damn Force Gun. That is all.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NTM

@BR4DL3I9H said:

I have every single trophy in this game except for completing hardcore mode and the DLC ones because i haven't bought them, but damn! This game is hard, ignoring how stupid of a statement that is. I just got 3 hours in and was killed by a lone swarmer who was hiding under a chair after i barely made it out of a fight with 3 standard ones. I love this game, and i think this will really test me! The biggest problem is finding 3 hours to sit down and knock out a session.

Yeah, I have the same problem. I love the game, and I play it a lot still, I've beaten it about 10 times now, so you'd think I would go through it on Hardcore already, but the biggest problem is wanting to sit there for a certain length of hours until I can save it. I can't sit there and play it for hours and hours until I get to my first save and what have you, you know? The game itself isn't too hard, but there are times when you will find yourself dying, and when you die... well, BAH! I want to go through it still though, but I haven't really tried it after the first time I did it. It all kind of annoys me. I can do it, but I don't know if I want to. Maybe some day before Dead Space 3. Oh, did you beat Hardcore yet? This is an old thread.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

I was lucky, I only died once on Hardcore, and that was in the first chapter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.