Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Detroit: Become Human

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 25, 2018

An interactive drama from the studio behind Heavy Rain, Detroit follows three androids in near-future 2038 as more androids in the city become fully sentient.

Well, Detroit is now free with PSN+

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I was happy to see Detroit Become Human was put up as teh free game fro this month on PSN+. I had meant to pick it up when ist came out, I'm stiull a sucker for Quantic Dream games. The narrative never get where they really should, but they try. [I think Supermassive made what Quantic Dream wanted to make - Until Dawn. I think Until Dawn is the "Quantic Dream" gameplay and narrative done right.]

I bet there is enough "there" to justify downloading and playing for free. I'm pretty sure Sony gave out Beyond Two Souls for teh PS3 too. Even if you don't think QD makes games worth buying they certainly make games worth trying a bit of.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

But, and hear me out here, what if it were the robots who were second class citizens and humans who were the oppressors?

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's some automation creeping along in my job and I put maybe 10 minutes of thought into it which produced this:

We can't be replaced by robots and AI. People need to work and contribute to the state via taxes and rampant consumerism. We cannot spend without income. We win. Always.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tired and dumb plot aside I enjoyed this game. I feel like Quantic Dream have yet to be surpassed in terms of production values and scope when it comes to these movie style games. Until Dawn was alright and achieved it's goal of being a self-aware trashy horror game but everything Supermassive have done since has been trash.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like Quantic Dream stuff. I liked Detroit probably the least out of their output, but it was still a solid game that left me invested in its characters.

I got a terrible ending, and was pretty pissed about it in the short term (everything seemed to be going well until a couple of bad late-game choices), but I appreciated the consequence after a short period of fuming over my characters’ fates.

I play all Quantic Dreams games once. I do this with branching narrative games these days because 1) I don’t have time to replay them, and 2) it feels like it cements the story as mine. I appreciate that greatly.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@nutter: Honestly, it is the best way to do it. Detroit is weird because it almost seems to outright push you to do multiple playthroughs? With the whole decision tree thing that it does, I mean.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.