Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

So Adam Jensen is back in Deus Ex Mankind divided.

• 65 results
    Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hayt

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/04/07/may-cover-revealed-deus-ex-mankind-divided-568435.aspx

Looks like Eidos is continuing the proud Deus Ex tradition of disregarding it's own ending choices for the sequel. Unless they have written little "outs" for each ending option although the Suicide Ending (my choice) would be a tough one to write around. I guess they could just robocop him again.

All that said Fuck yeah new Deus Ex game! Interpol and globetrotting bad business also sounds perfect.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mellotronrules

@hayt said:

All that said Fuck yeah new Deus Ex game!

you got that right, chief. i give 0.00 fucks about continuity- i'm just psyched to have my favourite cyberpunk series back! i really, really enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution. what that game lacked in mechanics it overachieved in style and aesthetic.

let's all collectively bask in the glory of that soundtrack again-

Loading Video...

edit: god- even all these years later it sounds so good. so understated and SPOT-FUCKING-ON with the tone.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules:

Other then the "boss" fights the game was amazing! I might actually replay them now. Been looking for somthing to occupy my time.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

He was so lifeless the first time they just had to bring him back!

Was hoping for another character. At least give me a new voice actor.

Huge fan of the original game and HR rubbed me the wrong way with different aspects. I would love for this game to win me back though.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm fine with them picking a canonical ending to Human Revolution that allows for the sequel. Though choice was very key to the experience, the ending choice wasn't exactly the highlight.

I cannot wait to see what's in store for the sequel. Everything about the art direction, themes and the atmosphere was great in Human Revolution. One of those games were I could spend hours just looking through every nook and cranny.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

The only continuity I care about in Deus Ex is the original's ending. Anything before that, fuck it man. Add dragons and aliens (oh wait, there already are aliens in Deus Ex), I don't give a shit.

Looking forward to this! Figured it would've come much sooner, but I ain't complaining.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I'm excited for a new Deus Ex. Really enjoyed HR.

Disappointed it's still about the same character. Never cared for him. Basically just pretended I was someone else.

Graphics look cool, but I was a little tired of that art style already, so, I dunno.

Color me 50/50 right now.

BoxxyBae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with them picking a canonical ending to Human Revolution that allows for the sequel. Though choice was very key to the experience, the ending choice wasn't exactly the highlight.

I cannot wait to see what's in store for the sequel. Everything about the art direction, themes and the atmosphere was great in Human Revolution. One of those games were I could spend hours just looking through every nook and cranny.

Well they could do what they did in Mass Effect. Personally I'm all for them choosing a ending for DE:HR that they want to use to continue the story as opposed to our choices affecting sequels.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Just excited for more deus ex. HR was way better than I ever would've imagined even despite is glaring issues

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO HYPED. Really hope this ends up resulting in a remake of DX1 and DX2, with the new engine.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan

You know, I liked Jensen a lot, and I like the look and style of big robot arms and stuff more than what I know about original Deus Ex (nanomachines but without the Metal Gear), so I'm happy that Jensen is returning. Even if they had to pick a "canon" ending.

Also, yay, more Deus Ex! :D

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I hope they bring back the same music composer.

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish they went with a different character, but I am all for a new Deus Ex (what took them so long?).

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats a shame, I was hoping they would make another Thief.

Instead of the follow up of HR we all wanted, to begin with.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans.

Sounds like they're going with the "Truth" ending. The one where Adam reveals what and how it happened. My guess is that they fudge it a bit by having it so, instead of outright banning transhuman research and development, it's now far more restricted and controlled.

Ideal? Maybe not. That said, I'm fine with Jensen coming back because I liked his character. No idea what his arc would be in this game, but I'll play it.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Brendan

The ending branch of options was superfluous so it could not matter less that they're picking something and going with it.

I'm excited about this sequel but did we already know this was coming, or is this the official announcement?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I'm beyond pumped for this. Human Revolution is a hell of a game. Really glad they brought Adam Jensen back, too. He was a fun character.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to know the answer to two questions before I jump on the hype train for this.

How black is it?

How gold is it?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Having replayed through Deus Ex HR recently...give me more.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpgeist said:

I hope they bring back the same music composer.

amen.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this is superficial, but this screenshot made me wonder something.

CryEngine?
    CryEngine?
    archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@spoonman671: black and gold? I thought it was blue and white.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

I don't really care that it's not taking certain choices in the end as canon. I am really excited, and it's great that Jensen is back, and the same team is making the new one. I have actually been playing the Director's Cut of Human Revolution on Steam, and have been thinking about going back through the first, and finishing Invisible War. This is great! :)

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By LackingSaint

Man, I don't get people that hated Jensen. I found his character just delightfully gruff and stoic, though i'll admit my appreciation for him is colored by what a cool guy the VA is.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spoonman671: Not sure if it's CryEngine, but since you mention it, it looks a lot like how you customize weapons in Crysis, which I felt other games should have taken, because it's pretty cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
    deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deus Ex: Human Revolution was one of my favourite games from the last cycle.

Can't wait to play this!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spoonman671

@ntm: I only mention the idea that it could be on CryEngine because I remember a non-Crytek game that included the same weapon menu. I think it was that Day Z mod that ripped people off. I wonder if it's something that is built into the engine somehow.

EDIT: I was thinking of Infestation: Survivor Stories, formerly known as The War Z.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

@mellotronrules: I felt the music was really only superb when there were some type of vocals in there, otherwise it felt pretty generic in spots, aside from a few tracks. I agree that they should get the same composer, he did great overall, but it can be better. You can listen to the soundtrack, and more likely than not, you'd skip quite a few songs to get to others. I thought a lot--though not all--of the action/combat themes weren't that great. This may sound like I'm saying it wasn't that good, but overall, I really liked the music, it was just some of the tracks that could have been better. The only reason I mention it is because there are songs in it that are stand out.

@dudeglove: Yeah, in the Director's Cut, most of what they talked about was what they didn't get done and so they couldn't put it in, or didn't get down as well as they had hoped. Also, Elias Toufexis, the guy that voiced Adam (and yes, he actually has that voice), has said in a video I was watching, of him playing the game with others, that by the end, hearing him in the game, that he hopes to play the character again because he felt he could do a whole lot better in some instances.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uhtaree

Sweet I love Adam Jensen, maybe favorite character of last gen. My brother and I were at a Penguins hockey game recently and the graphics package they have on the jumbotron involves these gold cyberpunk looking lines and triangles and it got us talking about Deus Ex and me all nostalgic about that game. #chan

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never asked for this.

I felt like he was a very sterotypical main character. Not much to him.

Oh well, i guess Deus Ex was always more a story about the world itself.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs more JC.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By BoOzak

I liked Adam Jensen. I thought he was better than JC Denton and Alex D. But they were intentionally given very little character so you could insert your own, so it doesnt matter that much who you play as anyway.

This is the first i'm hearing of a new Deus Ex. I really enjoyed Human Revolution and it doesnt bother me that it continues that story.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liked Adam, especially after you do some of the sidequests that flesh his character out.

but goddamm fuck yea more Deus Ex.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mellotronrules

@ntm said:

@mellotronrules: I felt the music was really only superb when there were some type of vocals in there, otherwise it felt pretty generic in spots, aside from a few tracks. I agree that they should get the same composer, he did great overall, but it can be better. You can listen to the soundtrack, and more likely than not, you'd skip quite a few songs to get to others. I thought a lot--though not all--of the action/combat themes weren't that great. This may sound like I'm saying it wasn't that good, but overall, I really liked the music, it was just some of the tracks that could have been better. The only reason I mention it is because there are songs in it that are stand out.

ha- OPINIONS, amirite?

i find i come at it from the opposite direction in nearly every aspect you mention (i favour the more ambient instrumental tracks, don't skip, etc). but i think we can both agree it's certainly worth taking another stab at.

truth be told, i'm just a sucker for dark, vangelis-esque synths. i'll take em anywhere i can get em.

edit: just realized McCann was responsible for both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and XCOM: Enemy Unknown's music. makes a lot of sense when you compare

Loading Video...

with

Loading Video...

man knows how to get yer blood up!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I'd say about half of my excitement for Mankind Divided is just for the new music alone. The soundtrack from Human Revolution is one of the few game OSTs I have ever listened to outside of the actual game.

For anyone that hasn't played Human Revolution or heard the soundtrack, give it a listen. It may just be the push you need to check the game out leading up to Mankind Divided.

Loading Video...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NTM

@mellotronrules: No, I like the more ambient tracks as well. The song you posted is great, but the song that plays in the police station, the action theme, I don't much care for. Plus, like I said, all the songs with vocals, whether it's a big or small part of it, I like. There are some that don't have vocals that I like too, like the ambient sewer theme for China. Blade Runner has a great soundtrack. I'm not sure how we disagree. I don't care for these that much because it just sounds generic, and doesn't really improve the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKZnDhiI-Ao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCWBbJeq7os

The majority of the songs in the game I really like, it's just that at some points in the game, songs like those stood out that I didn't much like. I'm not saying only the vocal songs, nor do I dislike all the action themes. I was going to post a bunch that I'd compare it to, in terms of what I did like, but when I was doing it, there were too many. I just mean, songs like those two above, I skip. There are a few more I think. Again, overall the soundtrack is really good, and it helped form the game into what it is, one of my favorite games of last-gen. The soundtrack heightens the feeling of moving around that cyber punk setting. I think my post came off as if disliked it more than I do, but my point was more about how I felt not every single song was great, and due to how many are, it stood out to me.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super disappointing that they're making it a direct sequel to 3 instead of doing something with a new character, but I'm still optimistic and excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

loved Deus Ex: HR. pretty cool to see this coming back, and on new consoles no less! gaming is getting pretty good again.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Guys please avoid posting open Human Revolution spoilers in this thread, just in case. It isn't that much effort to mark them, there are a lot of people who haven't played the game before who are going to want to catch up before Mankind Divided comes out. Thanks.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm fine with Adam Jensen returning, although his voice actor could lighten it up a little. Sometimes his voice would get on my nerves because it's just too gravelly, bu that's hardly going to stop me from buying a new Deus Ex game.

I'm fine with them declaring one of the endings "canon", that doesn't bother me in the least, especially since the way that endings were chosen was so arbitrary. If the game had, say, taken all of your choices up to that point and chosen an ending, that would be a different story, but anything and everything you do in that game has no effect on which ending you get. You are just told to pick one, and none of them are particularly great.

I grew to like Human Revolution more and more since I first played it so I'll definitely keep this game in mind. Uh, should probably play more than the first level of Deus Ex 1 in the meantime.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope they have a great trailer at E3. Human revolution had one of the best trailers of all time a few months before release:

Loading Video...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Milkman

I asked for this.

How many times has this joke been so far? Enough, probably?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully they got someone else to the VO for Adam Jensen. The guy they had last time was awful. However, I feel like it was due to bad directing so maybe if they changed that it could be better.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graphics look cool, but I was a little tired of that art style already, so, I dunno.

Yeah you really get sick of something after that one time.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@korwin: huh? I put 70 some hours into replaying HR, which is longer than many trilogies. Regardless, it was cool but samey from hour 1. That's how I feel. It should't make you defensive. Please don't include me in your smug comments.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin: huh? I put 70 some hours into replaying HR, which is longer than many trilogies. Regardless, it was cool but samey from hour 1. That's how I feel. It should't make you defensive. Please don't include me in your smug comments.

I wasn't being defensive, your statement simply read as a little ridiculous without context. It's like saying your totally sick of Big Mac's after having eaten one 4 years ago :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.