Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

It's been 6 weeks now. Do you still play, do you still enjoy it?

• 155 results
    pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pr1mus

What the title says.

After 6 weeks worth of patches and RMAH do you still play it. If so do you still enjoy it and how far have you progressed and what are your current thoughts on the game right now and what do you want to see in future updates.

And if you stopped playing what made you stop and did you play D2 and were you still playing after 6 weeks? I know for a lot of people D3 was just another flavor of the month kind of game but i want to hear what those who played D2 for years think.

I know what people think on the Blizzard forums but you really don't want to go there. If there is a ranking somewhere for worst forum communities, Blizzard's forums are pretty high on that list. I want to hear the thoughts of more reasonable people.

For me i've got a level 60 Barbarian, currently at the start of Act 2 inferno and got my ass handed to me and i'm reassessing the situation. Act 1 was really not that hard so i may simply be in need to change skills a bit. Playing in groups obviously helps a lot. Otherwise i have level 10 Monk and Wizard. First impression of the Wizard gameplay is terrible but i almost never like mage type class anyway. I'm a melee kinda guy. Monk is a blast.

I have pretty mixed feelings about the game once you reach inferno. Obviously hell difficulty is a joke and doesn't do anything at all to prepare you for the difficulty spikes. Repair cost are stupidly expensive. I did try to swap my skills around a bit to experiment but after dying pretty quickly a couple times in a row this really does take away any idea of experimenting with new builds for now. As for loosing your Nephalem Valor stacks when switching skills i just can't accept their reasons for it. This and the repair cost really go in a completely opposite direction of what the big redesign of the skills system and the philosophy behind it is, having players experiment and not be stuck with the same build forever. Surely there is a better way to address the situation. I can't say i have had a lot of fun in the last week or so.

There's a ton of other smaller issues but they're not worth talking about for now and these two are really what have been sapping the fun out of the game for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I still play but not as often. I still have fun. I try not to listen to any of the community BS because I quickly learned the DIablo and WoW communities are far too similar for my taste.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm still playing a ton of it. It's a great game.

Paranoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Paranoid

I played until I discovered the Auction House and bought a full set of orange items. That pretty much killed the game for me.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By breadfan

Lost interest. It's a good game, but I just can't love it for some reason.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WMWA

I still play, albeit not every night anymore. I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it. I'm just trying to beat D on inferno so I can move on. I'll come back when the significant patches start hitting

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

I haven't touched it in almost 2 weeks, I think, and I doubt I'll ever really pick it back up. It just wasn't satisfying for me anymore and most of the objectives being in a set place in every playthrough certainly didn't help the repetition.

I played Diablo 2 for years and it is one of my favorite games of all time, Diablo 3 just seems like a worse version of that to me.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Simplexity

Completed Hell like 4 days after release and never touched it again, just didn't seem all that engaging to me and Inferno just seems like a grind/farm fest to me.

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dayve86

I got halfway through nightmare on one character a couple of weeks ago and completely lost interest. I might come back to it later, but I'm definitely done with it for a while now.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I made it to Inferno Act 2 and got stuck thanks to repair costs, so my friends and I made alt characters and are playing through with those.

The game's still fun, but I'm excited for what TL2 will be bringing to the table.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By emem

Yep, I wished there was more content, but I'm still loving it.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valrog

I'm still playing. 50 hours in with my Demon Hunter (only character so far). Act IV Nightmare.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Wemibelle

I stopped a few weeks ago. Got my Demon Hunter to through Normal and decided for a change of pace. Got the next character to Act 2 and lost all interest. Might go back soon and see about trying Nightmare, since everyone says the game gets more fun at that point.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dillonwerner

@Breadfan said:

Lost interest. It's a good game, but I just can't love it for some reason.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm kinda done with it, spend a lot of time on my chars, got 4 60's and for none of them good gear is dropping, still struggling in act 2 inferno and even more so thanks to the patch.

I refuse to fork over millions or real money to progress through this.

Instead I installed Titan Quest, which I had bought in last years Steam sale, and I'm having a blast with it.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Marz

i've played about 200 hours on my demon hunter... i think i'm satisfied with what i've done... i've made about 350$ on the RMAH. Still need to kill Diablo on Inferno but think after i kill him I will put down the game for awhile and enjoy some other games before coming back.

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#17  Edited By lumley

I'm certainly still playing it. I only bought it about 3 weeks ago and I've had exams so I'm only up to Nightmare Act I, about 20 hours in, with my Witch Doctor.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#18  Edited By StarvingGamer

Still play a few hours most days.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Turambar
    @Paranoid said:

I played until I discovered the Auction House and bought a full set of orange items. That pretty much killed the game for me.

You played until you could spend tens of millions on items that are not that good comparatively.  Troll detected.
    Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Robo

I still play a bit most nights. Can't say I'm enjoying it. I just don't have much else to do or any other current games to play.

Also, i want to get a few different classes to Inferno and geared up a little before passing any final judgement on the game. So far I have a 60 Barb and DH both in Inferno (as of today). And yeah, my judgement hasn't changed much since I got the DH there a while back. Inferno is broken in some significant ways.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By cornbredx

It's a fun game, and its polished enough. I don't feel much reason to play it at the moment, but Diablo was always a good game to "go back to" for me more then play it nonstop all the time.

If it's anything like Diablo 2 after the expansion it will be even better, but we'll see. I was never hardcore into Diablo, playing on the insane difficulties (altho I always try but eventually get bored of beating my head against the wall). The game is still cool and I got a lot out of it. I finished it like 3 times, so... that's more than most games haha

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By MildMolasses

Actually, after only playing a bit the first week, I just got back into it. I finished my normal play through and then, because the game defaulted my server to the wrong region, I just started a new play through in the correct region. I don't find anything overly compelling about the actual gameplay, but the way the economy of the game operates is fascinating to me and that's what has driven my current playthroughs. I'm not interested in trying to make any money off the game, but I love seeing it in action

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first time in a while I have had buyers remorse for a game. It feels like such an empty game. I don't understand what $60 bought me. I force myself to play it till I have a dollar an hour investment. And I like ARPGs.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BionicRadd

I still hit it up on the weekends, just like I did with D2. Still working my way through Act IV on Normal, then I'll either keep going in Nightmare or level another character. Diablo has always been a marathon for me, not a sprint. I played D2 off and on for 6 years and I don't see D3 being much different.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#25  Edited By alistercat

Yes and yes. If you've been playing for 6 weeks though, and you've had enough, I think that is a great value. People who spent hundreds of hours with it and decide none of it was worth it because they aren't getting the right drops are fucking crazy.

TRSJabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TRSJabber

I just finished the story for the first time on Normal about an hour ago. Played through it with a friend. I enjoyed it but I am pretty sure I only enjoyed it because I am playing with a friend and do not think I would have as much fun if I was playing alone. We are going to continue on Nightmare but at a much slower pace because we just don't feel that urge to find out how it ends.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By pweidman

Still playing some every day, lvling new characters strictly, while popping achieves. Not like it's going anywhere, and when loot lust hits I'll revisit off and on.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#28  Edited By Kidavenger

I haven't played in a few weeks, my main issue was that around level 25 nothing that dropped ever seemed like an upgrade which ended up forcing me to the auction house: not really how I want to play a game like this.

Otherwise I liked it, maybe I'll get back to it someday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2
    deactivated-5abeb9715d7a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Got a couple characters to 60 and so forth, but there's nothing all that interesting to do now. I ended up making back the money I paid for the game by selling some of my gear on the RMAH, and won't return for a few months.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30  Edited By Seppli

After a roughly a month of playing other stuff, I did check in yesterday to attempt Belial (Inferno) twice. Deemed it feasible, but not worthwhile. Then I went to repair before logging out. And I shall never log in again.

Maybe doing the inevitable add-on, maybe not. Definitely not farming for 'rep costs'. Ever again.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sockemjetpack

Ran out of gas. After I went to Whimseyshire that was the last thing I needed to see. Not interested in trying to beat Inferno or Hell or even Nightmare. Done. Maybe I'll come back to it when I'm really REALLY bored.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

I'm still going through it. I'm only at the end of Act 2 Normal with a Monk. I've been having fun with it, but what with college and other games that keep grabbing my attention, I just haven't gotten back around to it.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MikkaQ

I stopped playing cause I already beat it once and it got boring on nightmare when y'know... all the content and even challenge were identical.

BlamBlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BlamBlam

Bought it last week and got around to installing it this morning. Having never played a Diablo game I thought it was hyperbole but no... it really is just clicking on shit until it dies. Completely baffling how people are so ape shit for this game.

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By potatomash3r

Stopped playing after two weeks, I just found it too boring.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lukeweizer

I finished Normal with a few characters, but I'm hitting a wall with Nightmare. I want to go farm Normal bosses for loot (like I would in D2), but that's not an option D3. It wouldn't bother me as much if everyone's tip for find it gear was "Buy it." It depresses me.

Groundings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Groundings

I've stopped playing, simply because the risk versus rewards is no longer significant as it was pre patch 1.03.

The auction house is emotionally demoralising to look at when I regularly see gear in the millions because it is too time consuming to make money. It feels like the time it takes to make money in Diablo 3 is almost as fast as it takes to make money in real life, which depresses me. Anything remotely useful for lvl 60 characters is in the millions and the average gold intake comes in three ways for me: I can make around 20,000 in 20 minutes on whimseyshire hell, run act 1 inferno or by leveling a new character.

Whimseyshire Hell for a lvl 60 monk is a cake walk, which is fun but the one level dungeon design gets old and boring really quickly. Act 1 Inferno is varied and fun to play, but the unforgiving repair costs after patch 1.03 means i'm losing money quicker than I gain. Or I can level a new character, which is my wizard, and it makes peanuts pre inferno,

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ichthy

Still play, but not as much since finishing Inferno. Maybe once I'm finished thesis writing I'll go back and plow through with other characters and grind out some achievements.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By stinky

lost will to play after 1.03

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By sjschmidt93

Yes and yes. I definitely think it's an (extremely) flawed game and I literally could put together a 50+ bullet point list of things they did wrong, but I still like it and will probably keep playing until I got A4 Inferno on farm, which will be a long time since I'm sure CC/CD nerf is inc

Avatar image for presidentofjellybeans
    PresidentOfJellybeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still playing and still having a ton of fun, and I'm quite surprised about it. I didn't care much for Diablo 1 or 2, and the idea of replaying the same levels over and over again didn't seem like it would remain appealing. Only thought I'd go through the game once on normal, maybe a second time with a different class. Have actually got a barb to half way through act 2 inferno (don't have the gold to progress), but still farm on him once and a while, and am leveling both a wizard and a demon hunter. Have got well over 150 hours sunk into D3, which is the most I've played a game, besides WoW.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By ajamafalous

No and no. 250 hours, four 60s, Inferno Diablo on farm status (as a Barb, no less) pre-1.0.3 nerfs. See my comments in this thread for my reasons why I am no longer playing. 

It's fucking depressing.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Subjugation

Not really. Still stuck on Act II Inferno. Bumping up my AR and getting some LoH has definitely helped, but my damage feels low and I still get walloped by champions. Comparatively, I can literally just stand there and tank Act I champion packs. The difference in difficulty is striking.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By Skytylz

Killed Belial pre patch and haven't really tried Act 3 before or after patch. I'm pretty much done at this point unless I can get some people together to make a run at finishing it off.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gamefreak9

@Paranoid said:

sounds like BS and your an idiot. That will be all. A full set of oranges costs about 100 million, and nobody who has played the game for that many hours would be retarded enough to buy items which are inferior to yellows. PLZ GTFO.

I'm still playing it, not as actively but I will put in like 1-2 hours a day. Also don't take advice from people who haven't been to inferno... you don't listen to people who aren't even halfway through the game... especially when its an RPG.

Also I didn't like inferno until the patch because it was just endless zerging but now some thought and tactics have come into the game so its MUCH better, the game is much more balanced now. So still 10/10 game and my game of the year so far though we are only halfway.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46  Edited By zyn

Been about a week since I started playing, still good.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gamefreak9

I've gotta say after reading the whole thread its depressing how many noobs there are. The game is intended for you to like never die, so if you die and the only thing you lost was money for repairs you should be happy you didn't lose 35(how long it took me to inferno) hours of leveling. If the patch hit you hard, chances are you weren't playing the game the way it was intended and you deserve punishment.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#48  Edited By Mnemoidian

Mostly no, and ... kind of?

I've got 2 characters at 60, a Monk (first character) and Wizard. Monk is at the start of Act 2 Inferno, the Wizard is near the end of Act 1Inferno. I stopped playing the Monk because I didn't think it was fun, barely clawing my way into Act 2 Inferno (largely without any time spent on the AH) only to hit pretty much a vertical wall.

I stopped playing the Wizard (regularly) when I realized how much time I would need to put into farming gold to be able to buy anything reasonable for a wizard, and not really having time to theorycraft on which builds to use, or what stats to prioritize.

I still log in now and then to play a bit... but heart's not really in it. I intend to eventually kill Inferno Diablo with a character, but... we'll see when that happens.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Gravier251

Not played it in some time really and kind of doubtful I will again. Just haven't been enjoying it really. The story is painfully bad and rather and nonsensical. Also the main bosses are nowhere near as interesting as the borderline silent ones in Diablo 2. They all seem like cheesy overly talkative cartoon villains in 3. And that is to say nothing of the frustrating auction house design focus of the game. *Everything* is designed to facilitate the auction house, even unique gear is no longer compelling with fixed variables. Instead it is random so chances are even if you get a certain unique one is bound to show up that offers a tiny bit more dps, or a bit more of one of the few stats items have.

the gear is largely just condensced down to a handful of generic, variable statistics with no real flavour to them. Just +x damage, +x dex, etc. And the compulsion to farm loot is just gone for me. I won't have the fun chance of a boss dropping a unique or set item, with their stats pre-set. In Diablo 3, on the rare chance that something actually drops, chances are there is one on the AH slightly/much better anyway. There also dosn't seem to be much room for build variance, largely being focused on vast amounts of health and survivability along with damage. There isn't the fun chance of going into a game and seeing a sorceress running around as a werebear tearing through stuff in melee.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Binman88

No, no. Just popping back in every couple days to sell off my stuff. €55 to go to earn my money back on the game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.