Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 27, 2015

Dying Light is a first-person, open world game set in a zombie apocalypse. The player character is able to free-run to get around the environment quickly.

Is this Game worth getting?

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Hey Gang!

Saw that the full meal deal for this game is on PSN for pretty cheap now and it was something on my horizon that I completely forgot about until now! So what kind of taste did it leave in every ones mouth 1-2 years later? Gameplay/Story fun enough to keep you engaged?

Reviews for the game seemed to have a pretty big range from luke-warm to loved it.

Thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Wondering the same thing, it's for sale 50% off on Steam right now. I know Brad was super into it at one point.

My main concern is whether it is as fun playing solo as it is co-op.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

One of the best games released last year, IMO. It was just fun to run around and hack up zombies. The Following DLC was pretty good too.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it a lot, and played the whole game solo. Definitely worth it on sale. Did not go back for the DLC, but heard good things about it.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I had a ton of fun with it, it does first person traversal really well.

The story/characters were bad in my opinion, but the world is well realized and has some neat graphical touches.

I'd absolutely recommend it.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Defiantly worth picking up, very solid game. Very much enjoyed the traversal stuff and just running around doing quests.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

very good game though i havent finished it. recently went back to it. it controls super smoothly.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkerman: Yes, If you have people to play with. Its serviceable solo, but its built for coop. Honestly though, I found to have more fun with 3 people rather than the full 4. With 4 it becomes waaaay to easy.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stryker1121

Yes! It's a fun game, though like many open world affairs, suffers from second-map fatigue. DLC is really good - better than the main game, I think.

peteycoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the first couple of hours, but you get too powerful pretty quickly. If it's for sale I'd say go for it.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Super fun. Even after you've beaten the story and all that, it's a great podcast/music-listening game to run around and thwack zombies to.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Don't know how it runs on consoles, but I had a ton of fun on PC. The first person combat is satisfying, the traversal is surprisingly excellent, the graphics are marvelous and it all worked flawlessly in co-op. It has a bit of a slow start as it takes forever to kill zombies with the shitty starting weapons, but once you level up a bunch and find better upgrades, it's a ton of fun.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Junkerman

Cool beans, I'll probably check it out! Thanks!

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its good, but overstays it's welcome. I wouldn't focus on 100%ing it.

camwil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the best of 2015 and the The Following expansion stuff is top notch.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I like that game!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhh yes very good. I think a lot of people bounce off of it quick though because u start off super weak.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By McShank

@junkerman said:

Hey Gang!

Saw that the full meal deal for this game is on PSN for pretty cheap now and it was something on my horizon that I completely forgot about until now! So what kind of taste did it leave in every ones mouth 1-2 years later? Gameplay/Story fun enough to keep you engaged?

Reviews for the game seemed to have a pretty big range from luke-warm to loved it.

Thanks!

Is a bullfrogs asshole water tight? Hell yes, get the game! Especially now that the game comes with the dlc/remastered/blah blah blah full deal. The game is great and is one of the best zombie games out there. I... unfortunately haven't completed everything in it yet but for where I am at 3/4 through, I have invested at least 30+ hours due to just killing things and side quests.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dying light is damn fun.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

To chime in with no new news, the answer is yes. This game is great - I played 100% solo and still loved it - the Following added quite a bit too if you've got that as part of the deal. I played on PC and loved every second, even booted it up just the other day because Tis the season and all. Holds up well and the nightime still gives me some shudders from time to time.

facktion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic game. Play it for the traversal stuff if nothing else. It's easily the best first person platforming I've ever seen in a game. Ended up not beating it because I didn't enjoy the combat, but honestly just exploring the world and ignoring the story is worth the price of admission

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great game solo but wears out it's welcome a bit in spots. But it's one of the best co-op games I've ever played if you have a buddy or two. Any boring parts were overcame by the fantastic open world hijinks you can get into with friends. Sale price solo sounds about right. Full price was 100% worth it with 3 buddies of mine in a 4-pack.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played about a dozen hours of it coop but I found it to be pretty boring. I kept expecting another layer of the game to open up and it never did. The night time sequences were also touted as being really good but I realised you can just navigate by the minimap because it shows you enemy sight lines. If they ditched the minimap that shows all the special zombies it would have been better.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a great game with an equally great expansion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@handlas said:

Uhhh yes very good. I think a lot of people bounce off of it quick though because u start off super weak.

No kidding. I just started a game on Hard and man is it difficult. Having a tough time completing even one side quest. Maybe I should just go ahead with the main story or just scavenge more and try to upgrade my weapons. It's still super fun so far, the whole parkour gameplay feels fantastic.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, it's fun. It's not revolutionary or anything, but if you have a hankering for an open world thing with fun traversal and you can get it for cheap, you could do a lot worse than Dying Light.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really liking it so far! Pretty intense with those fast zombies chasing after you

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By MachoFantastico

Came to Dying Light rather late and I'd say yes it's absolutely worth getting. I haven't messed with the expansion at all (yet to get around to it) but Dying Light is a blast with some of the most enjoyable first person movement controls I've used in a video game. Combat to is a lot of fun.

Keep in mind I'm someone who hates zombies but I'd highly recommend Dying Light to anyone, one of the more pleasant surprises of recent years.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A solid game. If you can get somebody to co op with you it is definitely worth it.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes it is. I really enjoyed my time with it especially because you can just kick most of the enemies to death, whit is not only really fun and satisfying but it helps you save your weapons for when you really need them.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a demo on ps4, i tried it and while the game seemed fun i got real sick playing it. So if you're prone to any type of motion sickness maybe try it first, or just try and see if you like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.