Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2018

Concept »

The twenty-fourth Electronic Entertainment Expo was held June 12-14, 2018 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

E3 2018: Your Bold Predictions?

• 82 results
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By pweidman

ES VI playable at the show and announced with a 2018 fall release, just like Bethesda worked the FO4 bombshell. :(sadly it seems this one's impossible, didn't realize Beth had ruled out it's even early development)

Borderlands 3 announced w/gameplay shown, coming early 2019.

Many great pc strategy games announced to be coming to consoles, among them: BattleTech, Frostpunk, and They are Billions.

Halo 6 announced, and to be releasing simultaneously on pc and X1X, and shown off with a cross platform BR mp mode.

New Splinter Cell shown with gameplay, and playable and w/a dedicated co-op mode as well.

Crackdown 3's immediate availability announced by MS at their conference, along w/several short and a bit vague new IP announcements leaving everyone with questions.

Breaking news announced at Ubi's conference of Bioware being sold to Ubisoft..... sans only the rights to Anthem AND:

A new KOTOR series teased by Bioware, heralding their strong return to developer greatness......

.........coinciding with no official word from EA, but only rumors of Anthem floundering in development hell, while their conference is very Battlefield centric with a desperate looking BR mp focus, lol.

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Moderp

Here's a prediction... the writing for borderlands 3 is not going to mature in the way and time I did from high school to now and I'm going to inevitably be heartbroken by my own expectation and conceived thought about how much I have absolutely adored that series.

Side prediction:

Microsoft buys IO interactive.

We get a master chief stealth game.

Mitch2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so exited!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I may be so bold in my predictions: Final Fantasy 7 and Shenmue 3 will NOT be present. But somebody will say they are coming in a quick off hand comment.

Sony shows off Monster Hunter World DLC or a massive event quest / some kind of summer event. (Like the spring festival!) PSVR 3.0 announcement as well? Or at least a VR game or something.

Microsoft has a car game to show off... and that's about it. Brags about console units shipped as well.

Nintendo shows off a ton of cute and interesting looking games that almost everyone is going to be psyched about.

Microsoft AND Sony show off new Battle Royale games. Both are platform exclusive.

Every major game developer and indie dev at E3 has a battle royale game on the floor in playable form. They are all made from unity or unreal asset packs. All shipping in time for christmas 2018.

Fortnite Battle Royale is seen at every press conference in some capacity. Fortnite Save the world is swept under the rug and vanishes...

Avatar image for fissionmailed10
    FissionMailed10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Fortnite Switch.

Dragonborn character in Smash.

I hope someday we see that weird extreme sports playground game we saw very little of from EA probably around 3 years ago at this point?

No cyberpunk gameplay.

Switch Sports

Significant Mario Odyssey DLC

New Blood Dragon, In Seige or Far Cry.

Fallout 4 Switch with Metroid power armour.

A long drawn out animation showing off a gun/skin but no mention of loot boxes/micro transactions during Anthem gameplay

Division 2 to have the coolest Battle Royale mode showing of E3.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100 Battle Royale games are dropped onto an LA convention center...

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Rage 2 isn't happening, I'd want Dave Lang getting on stage announcing that Iron Galaxy are doing a VR Commander Keen. (with a GFB somewhere in the announcement which should be mandatory by now really)

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Microsoft: They will show off a new Gears of War before Halo 6, revive one of Rare's classic IP's that will be developed by another developer (Thinking Perfect Dark made by someone like Machine Games) and they'll show off some kind of new IP. While not an XBOX 1 game, I can see them revealing gameplay of Age of Empires 4 since AOE is Microsoft 1st real big gaming IP.

Sony: They have already been pretty clear on what the presentation will focus on (Spider Man, Death Stranding, Last of Us 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima) but we'll likely get quick gameplay reveals for other games like Medieval Remastered and considering Capcom's track record of revealing a pretty big title at Sony's shows, Resident Evil 2 remake.

Nintendo: The Smash Tournament will likely reveal some new characters and features for the upcoming Smash. I say the new characters we see are Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS), Decidueye (Pokemon) and a third party character which will come from Bethesda (Dragonborn or Doom Slayer). Also a new Animal Crossing will be announced and for major 3rd party reveals, we'll get GTA5 and Fortnite on Switch.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@pweidman said:

ES VI playable at the show and announced with a 2018 fall release, just like Bethesda worked the FO4 bombshell.

Bethesda has been absolutely clear that they are not working on TES VI. They have said on multiple occasions that BGS has two new AAA RPGs in development that will come out before TES VI. It's assumed that one is "Starfield," which was trademarked several years back. That project is expected to be unveiled at this E3 and come out this year. Nothing at all is known about the second new IP they've said they're working on.

Elders Scrolls VI is not coming out any time soon. Don't expect it before 2023, at the very earliest.

robohasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Microsoft will reveal and partner with Crystal Dynamics' Avengers game, as they have previously partnered in the past and it gives them something to position against Sony's Spiderman

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone keeps talking about a Bethesda character in Smash but I feel like if Solaire of Astoria isnt a playable character in Smash, whats the point?

@robohasi said:

Microsoft will reveal and partner with Crystal Dynamics' Avengers game, as they have previously partnered in the past and it gives them something to position against Sony's Spiderman

Yeah but last time they did, it didnt exactly go over that well right? Rise of the Tomb Raider didnt exactly sell that well on Xbox One right?

robohasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@atastyslurpee: That's why this time, it's not an exclusivity deal, just a marketing partnership ;) I do hope this game shows up somewhere, although they only recently went on a big hiring spree so maybe it's too early for gameplay

BigSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to see some Atomic Heart gameplay.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@trulyalive: I sure hope not! Id love to see OG Dante to make a proper return. No Nero, and no new Dante please :)

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC Gamer Show: Halo Master Chief Collection for the Microsoft Windows Store.

Nintendo: Star Fox Racing game.

Sony: Not real sure about brand new things. Maybe some new remaster?

MS: No idea honestly, I heard a new Gears.

frontfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rage 3

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even after watching people play it, we still will be incredibly confused if the new Smash Bros is a port of the Wii U version or a whole new game.

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamb1t said:

A sequel to alien isolation. i can hope at least

As someone who has insider knowledge when it comes to Creative Assembly...I'm afraid your hope is lost....well unless its somebody else that makes it.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Ms Caffeine

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I predict someone will steal all the video games right before the show starts and all the developers and ceos will have to do stand up comedy to try and appease the masses while the E3 mystery solvers try and find the culprits.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not really predicting it, but a few things that would be nice:

• The World Ends with You Too (Ishimoto back on music)
    • Okami 2 or similar game from Platinum
    • Ghost Trick 2 or new IP from Ace Attorney team
    Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegon said:

• The World Ends with You Too (Ishimoto back on music)

Clearly "The World Ends with U2"'s music would consist entirely of the album Joshua Tree.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freakache: the hottest scoop let's bring back Mr. Caffeine. Kinda over the whole girl wood let's make bad meme thing with this influencer dressed as some UBI dude.

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA: Tries to explain that loot boxes arent gambling, tries to show their new version of loot boxes (maybe under a new name) they get called out on and it is dropped... for now

Bethesda: Skyrim... NOW ON TI-81 GRAPHING CALCULATOR *with full Creation Club support

Sony: Last of Us 2, PS5 hints, new Uncharted, Trap Gunner HD remake, hint of PSN username change, return of Kevin Butler!

Microsoft: tries to announce some games with a vague "Exclusive to Xbox" tag but those companies have to clarify thats it is only a timed exclusive/a mistake. Another Halo, another Gears of War, bragging about how powerful their system update was but wont say sales figures, announce some price drops

Nintendo: Smash Bros, Bayonetta 3, Mario stuff, Zelda stuff, a new version of Switch that was already planed... not trying to cut off the whole "processor cant be patched so system can be hacked to play bootlegs", announcements of old gen games for sale but not under a "virtual console" tag

Marsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

Rage 2 releases week of E3.

Microsoft actually announces something completely new and interesting.

Splinter Cell from Ubi, its gotta be there right...right?!

SKate 4... (wishful thinking, i know)

flackbyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By flackbyte

Cyberpunk 2077 somewhere (Trailer premiere could be a good get for microsoft)

EA

• Anthem
    • Battlefield V
    • FIFA
    • Madden NFL
    • Influencers
    • Disapointment

Microsoft

• Halo 6
    • New Forza
    • Crackdown 3
    • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    • Gears of War 5
    • Battlefield V
    • Anthem
    • Metro Exodus
    • Japanese Games (https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/990669650244571136)
    • Adaptive Controler
    • XBOX Services

Bethesda

• Fallout 76
    • Rage 2
    • Quake Champions
    • Prey DLC
    • Switch Ports
    • Doom 2 (?)

Square Enix

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    • Kingdom Hearts III
    • Octopath Traveler
    • The Avengers Project
    • Final Fantasy VII Remake
    • Just Cause 4
    • Dragon Quest Builders 2 (?)
    • Dragon Quest XI (?)
    • Life is Strange 2 (?)

Ubisoft

• The Crew 2
    • Skull and Bones
    • The Division 2
    • Beyond Good & Evil 2
    • Transference
    • Starlink
    • Splinter Cell (?)
    • Assassin’s Creed (?)

Sony

• Death Stranding
    • Last of Us
    • Ghost of Tsushima
    • Spider-Man
    • From Software Game
    • Dreams

• Devil May Cry 5 (?)
    • Spelunky 2 (?)

Nintendo

• Pokemon Lets Go
    • Smash Bros
    • Metroid Prime
    • Bayonetta 3
    • Yoshi
    • Mario Tennis Aces

• New Star Fox (?)
    • N64 Classic (?)
    • Fortnite (?)
    • Dragon Ball FighterZ (?)
    • New Punch Out (?)
    • New F-Zero (?)
    • Core Pokemon Gen 8 probably not gonna be there since its still a bit far away (?)

Devolver

• Shit all over E3 and the ESA
    • Best thing at E3
    monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think the overall show will have a few surprises, but nothing 'Earth shattering'. There will be no "Well, this changes everything...!" statements made by the pundits. The moest interesting thing to see shoudl be how well they learned from last years set up for the public ticket days. You have to think that some of the important they already mentioned shoudl be helpful, but I do wonder what people will be saying this years. Everyone in line last year seemed stocked just to be there, but I think a year later expectation are higher. The Entertainment Software Association has to do a better job for the general population who buy tickets. And, I hate to say ist by last year had overly lax security...it could have been a real shit-show if someone who really wanted to do damage had shown up. The bag checks and metal detectors can help, but only if they really follow through. Last year's event TWO laptops were stolen at the Dell both...neither recovered...that shoudl not happen if there arte bag check I woudl hope, but that means they NEED to check people as they leave too. Give the rash of shootings; sorry to bring ist up but it is sadly relevant; I hope the security is very tight.

Sony

Music! Sony always bring the whole orchestra when they show up to e3, it might not be easy to appreciate from home while streamed, but a live orchestra playing is a nice touch. Other than that, they said they were doing more show of less games, but I think there will be a healthy showing, but only a few tites will really get a multi-minute segment. I think if there is anything that really gets "honest cheers" ist might be if they say they are working on a PSOne Retro. I am not saying they are going to show it, but they might say, "We are doing one." A real scream will occur if they say st will be on sale in November 2018. Sony is riding high with God of War doing so well, and they have The Last of US 2, so they have no big issues about not having stuff to show off and crow about. I'd love to see another indie showcase, but I have a feeling they won't do a blow out like they did in 2015...or was it 2014?

Microsoft

I honestly don't think they have many exclusive games to show aside from Halo, so I fully extend that "...and [such and such game] is a [timed] exclusive". They will get a lot of cheers at the Microsoft Theater, but about 20 minutes after the conference there will be news stories pointing out that only Halo and one other games are "actually" exclusive. A huge venue like the Microsoft Theater is a good idea for Microsoft because they can let "A LOT" of fans into the auditorium and thoise people will be exited no matter what Microsoft says just to see the spectacle first hand.

Nintendo

Well, a curated program like they do for e3 works for them. I can't say that I get much thrill out of pre-recorded content,but whatever ift not for me. The Splatoon 2 World Championship tournament might be interesting but honestly not my thing either...but it will have a party atmosphere and that cool. They seem to have a MOTHER 3 HD in the wings, sothat will make fans happy. A true Switch Pokemon games would be a nice announcement.

EA

I am actually eager to see more about Battlefield 5 or V (or whatever). They are kicking off so early though...I'll be at work...I'll still try to sneak a peek at what gets streamed quietly. I hope EA is willing to lay it all out about how they will be better, I think that si what people want....they sure as hell shoudl not avoid the issue with SW Battlefront. I think if they say sorry a lot of people will get less angry pretty quicks and they can move on even if they plan other shenanigans. EA has its own store, right? I wonder if they will be offering a better deal or a better way to play their games; they could do something with their back catalog if they get their shit together.

Bethesda

I hate that company they can go suck an egg.

Ubisoft

Well, if they can show Beyond Good & Evil 2 was actually real and made some progress that woudl be nice. Another Assassin's Creed is okay, but Greece seems like too safe of a bet, they really needed to head to Mesoamerican or Asia in my mind. What they should crow about is how they supported Rainbow Six Siege, that game got ton of constant since launch...ist a far better games than at launch...good job. The games I want to hear the most about are The Division 2 and Skull & Bones. I do not know what The Division didn't do better, I thought it was an excellent campaign and the multiplayer was fun (not well tuned at higher levels though).

TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

DMC5, give it to me Capcom!

Patchcoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Patchcoat

IO Interactive announces a completely remastered version of Freedom Fighters and/or just straight up announces Freedom Fighters 2. I'm pretty sure I would shit my pants with utter delight if that were to actually happen.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 76 detailed and released immediately after the show.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Knack 3, Uncharted 5, Bloodborne 2

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IO Interactive announces a completely remastered version of Freedom Fighters and/or just straight up announces Freedom Fighters 2. I'm pretty sure I would shit my pants with utter delight if that were to actually happen.

FF is my favorite game of that generation...If that happens.......

Long Live Chris Stone!!

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Guardian 2

Fusion Frenzy 3

Skyward Sword Remake

Microtransaction City Builder 2018

Fallout X Elder Scrolls

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.