• 60 results
nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nicksmi56

Nintendo just announced that Bayonetta 3 is indeed coming to Switch!

In addition, Bayonetta 1 & 2 are being ported over to the hybrid console February 16th, with the first game (sadly) being a download.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

What.

Gonna have to buy a Switch to play Bayonetta 2 and 3.

TensionHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Excellent news! Always thought that 2 would get a second life if they ported it to Switch. A new one is also great!

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Wemibelle

Kinda wish it was an announcement for 2 (and even 3) coming to other (non-Nintendo) platforms. Bummer.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, I've told myself that I wasn't going to get a Switch unless/until the brought Bayonetta 2 to it. Now there is pretty much no reason to not get one.

DarlingDixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Astounding first year for the Switch.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I will happily buy Bayonetta 2 again like an absolute sucker, BUT YO BAYONETTA 3.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This was the first time I've been so overcome with emotion because of a damn trailer. I'll play the first two and buy 3 day one because they are just that good. With this and DMC Collection 2018 is gonna be a great year for character action, I'm ready for that.

JunkerWoland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty much eventually in on a Switch for Shin Megami Tensei V, and having not owned a Wii U, it's nice to know I'll get another chance at Bayonetta 2--hopefully it'll be a decent, if not superior, port.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelle: It may be changing, but I don't hear people grumbling about, say, Forza or Halo or Horizon or Uncharted not being on the Switch. It's like Nintendo alone isn't allowed to have competitive exclusives for its console. Maybe ironic given exclusives are their bread and butter, but I always hear people loudly complain whenever a Nintendo game isn't on other platforms,

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By Humanity

@kingbonesaw: it indeed continues to be a huge waste considering how absolutely desolate the character action genre has become. Good on ‘em for continuing to invest in the franchise as Bayonetta is one of the more unique and fun IP’s out there in a world of dreary shooters and serious stories. Would be fun but more people could enjoy it, especially considering how some older Platinum games, including Bayonetta 1, just recently got PC ports.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

We live in a reality where it seems like Bayonetta is now a core Nintendo franchise at this point. I still can't get over how amazing/bizarre that is.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: Probably because Nintendo consoles are shitty for 3rd party games so you have to buy a second console just for whatever they happen to put out, instead of being able to buy just the Nintendo console and be fine like with the other two.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@wemibelle: It may be changing, but I don't hear people grumbling about, say, Forza or Halo or Horizon or Uncharted not being on the Switch. It's like Nintendo alone isn't allowed to have competitive exclusives for its console. Maybe ironic given exclusives are their bread and butter, but I always hear people loudly complain whenever a Nintendo game isn't on other platforms,

I think people were so bummed because the first game wasn't on a Nintendo platform so everyone who played it didn't play it in the Nintendo ecosystem so it was fair to assume a lot of them weren't in it at all. But more importantly the Wii U was simply a machine that didn't interest people and they resented having to buy it in order to play the sequel. Now that Bayonetta is considered a Nintendo property and the Switch is a more desirable proposition than the Wii U ever was I think it's safe to say that the will be a lot less vocal opposition.

As someone who will place Bayonetta as one of my fav games of all time and didn't get a chance to play Bayonetta 2 let me just say

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Why yes, I do feel good about my decision to wait on replaying Bayonetta 2.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh I am rather disappointed it will be for the switch. Even though I own one. First Nintendo console since the Gamecube. Loved original Bayonetta, as I did Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. Ninja Gaiden/Black is one of my all time favorite games. I would have liked to see Bayonetta get a more graphical bump on a more powerful console, with better controls. IDK play the switch more hand held then on TV, and thats not sitting well.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@john1912: Playing on a TV with a Pro Controller would solve your issues, I think. While the power bump from, say, a PS4 might be nice, the Switch is plenty capable of good looking visuals (see: Doom), and Bayonetta's style doesn't demand a powerhouse.

And we should probably all remind ourselves that without Nintendo's support, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't have happened -- and I imagine the same is true of Bayonetta 3. It makes perfect sense that it's a Switch exclusive, and I look forward to playing it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john1912: Whilst I understand the want for a fidelity bump I really don't understand the 'I mostly play in handheld' part of your argument. If it's a game you'd rather play on a tv with a controller, you can, that kind of the whole point of the Switch. Whilst I predominantly play the console in handheld mode there are a few games I do the majority of my play time on the TV with a pro controller. No need to stick to the same habit for all games.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to get around to playing that Wii U copy of Bayonetta 2 I bought, I'm not going to rebuy it on Switch, I'M NOT GONNA DO IT.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FUCK!

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@ripelivejam said:

I generally just don't like exclusives, no matter what platform they are on. The fewer platforms I have to buy to play the games I want to play, the better.

I don't begrudge Platinum for putting Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U and Bayonetta 3 on the Switch--I assume those games wouldn't have gotten made without the money from Nintendo. I just wish I could play them without having to spend hundreds of dollars on another gaming console. Oh well. I'll get around to it eventually.

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john1912: I get what you're saying, but without Nintendo is there even a Bayonetta 2 let alone a 3? I know people liked the 1st game but it didn't set the world on fire. To me, complaining about it being on a Nintendo platform is akin to complaining about it existing at all.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its the same thing as any franchise not living up to the expectations of its past triumphs. Generally any movie sequel is not as good as the first. They get new directors, new platforms, or new controls. People are attached to what the original was. Maybe its great, but Im not happy about it being switch only again, and definitely not happy about using switch controller.

@mvp1101 said:

@john1912: I get what you're saying, but without Nintendo is there even a Bayonetta 2 let alone a 3? I know people liked the 1st game but it didn't set the world on fire. To me, complaining about it being on a Nintendo platform is akin to complaining about it existing at all.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Redhotchilimist
@mvp1101 said:

Unfortunately, this is the case.

I'd rather it was multiplatform, but Nintendo paid for 2 and presumably did the same for this one. I'm just happy I can play all of them on Switch. I'd been waiting since the Switch dropped for news on ports of the few games I thought looked cool on Wii U, and Bayo 2 is the most important one. It's been a rough few years for 3d brawlers and I'm stoked that they're making another one.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Switch may have had the best first year of any console in history. Honestly can't think of any other that had 3 massive, generational quality games (mario, zelda, xenoblades) along with a ton of other high quality games. I mean fuck the new SMT is even coming out of that thing

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

And so my decision to buy a Switch with my birthday money was SEALED.

@ripelivejam said:

I think people were so bummed because the first game wasn't on a Nintendo platform so everyone who played it didn't play it in the Nintendo ecosystem so it was fair to assume a lot of them weren't in it at all. But more importantly the Wii U was simply a machine that didn't interest people and they resented having to buy it in order to play the sequel. Now that Bayonetta is considered a Nintendo property and the Switch is a more desirable proposition than the Wii U ever was I think it's safe to say that the will be a lot less vocal opposition.

As someone who will place Bayonetta as one of my fav games of all time and didn't get a chance to play Bayonetta 2 let me just say

No Caption Provided

As someone who found playing it on the WiiU incredibly clunky, I echo your enthusiasm.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

This is very good news. It also gives me more hope that Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE will be ported to the Switch someday. (I know they're from totally different publishers and all that, but it still keeps the dream alive)

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Well, shit, didn't see this coming. I had just played Bayonetta 2 a few days ago too thinking "wonder if we'll ever get another one of these?" and then this happens. I'm not sure if this a similar situation where the game literally would not exist without help from Nintendo, but I'm glad it's a thing either way. Video games yall, they're pretty awesome.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Well, I am getting a Switch.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a condition that I made for myself to get a Switch, if there's a new Bayonetta and if they brought 2 over to the Switch.

Looks like Nintendo just sold another Switch.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This will be the fifth time I buy Bayonetta and I have no regrets.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ATastySlurpee

If they are going to do ports, lets just do the Metriod Prime trilogy. Its the one Nintendo series I never had the opportunity to play. Would be great to release them sometime next year since 4 isn't coming anytime soon.

On Topic: I know Bayonetta has a huge following, but its not my cup of tea

Thats also because those 4 games are 1st party developed/published/owned by Sony & Microsoft...Sega is a third party developer and not owned by Nintendo ( unless they bought they rights to Bayo)

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Nintendo got me by the balls. ~

It's ok though, at least this time there's breath of the wild and presumably something else I want coming out. A good improvment compared to getting a console with almost nothing on it. Though I'm a sucker for getting both instead of just one of them. >.>

I'm also dumb enough to consider getting the first game again even as a downloadable just so I can still own every version.... The actual worst reason. I wouldn't even play it since I already have a good save on PC.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Bayonetta is my favorite (adopted) wholesome Nintendo franchise.

Actually, I never did get around to playing those WiiU versions of Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 I have laying around. With another one coming out I guess I have even more of an incentive to change that. I should make it my new years resolution or something.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Teddie

In my case it's mostly because those other consoles always have way bigger "variety", the exclusives are a bonus on top of being able to play all the great 3rd party and indies. Meanwhile, the exclusives are almost always the only reason to get a Nintendo console-- I've seen a lot of sentiments of Nintendo being a companion system to a PC or other system, just because they've been terrible with 3rd party support in the past. A lot of people don't want to shell out for a full-priced console for a couple exclusives when they can't get the majority of other big games every other system gets too.

At least, that was the sentiment I got the last time everyone was talking about how Nintendo was dying and should just go 3rd party.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: No doubt, I get that 100%. But I'm in the minority and think console exclusives are healthy for consoles.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I got a Switch mainly for Metroid Prime 4 (and it was on sale during Black Friday) but this is great news, does mean i'll have to buy a pro controller eventually though.

Also does Bayonetta get cut in half in that trailer? And is that old/young Bayonetta? Seems like the story is going to make as much sense as the first two games.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time to triple dip!

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasnt fair for a game like Boynetta 2 to die on a failed system so im happy to see this

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like what I played of Bayo 1, but if it's something I get to play on my Switch then I suppose I'll be buying this collection.

It's strange, even though I'm glad I'll be able to try Bayo 1 and 2 on Switch, I would much prefer to 3 on a big boy console. I guess I won't have a choice, so I'll get it on Switch if I end up liking these re-releases.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmorales94: If you weren't a fan of the original, I don't think the second or third will grab you. And much like the case with Bayonetta 2, I am sure that we are getting a 3rd game in the series, is due to NIntendo supporting the development. Sony and Microsoft passed on the series after the first game failed to sell on their platforms.

It is crazy to think that we are getting a third Bayonetta and No More Heroes game.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cannonballbam: I forgot about that NMH game, it seems more like a Suda 51 WarioWare game than a true sequel though from what i've heard. Which could be amazing.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By nicksmi56

I've been looking out for this bundle since the Switch first got announced, so this is a Day 1 buy for me!

Sorry, Kirby, you have to wait :( but I'll get ya soon!

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now they just need to announce and release a good Animal Crossing-game on that beautiful thing and I'm down to boogey!

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nicksmi56

Some details on the eShop release:

• If you buy Bayonetta 2, it'll cost $50 and you can get the first game for $10.
  • If you bay Bayonetta 1 first, it'll cost $30 and then 2 will cost $30.

I think I'll just go for the physical release myself, which is $60 for those who are wondering.

Tag Climax co-op will be able to be played locally now and you can record footage of your gameplay.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

Also does Bayonetta get cut in half in that trailer? And is that old/young Bayonetta? Seems like the story is going to make as much sense as the first two games.

Yeah, a lot of weird stuff going on. Bayonetta from the first game, not the second. Her face is all bloodied up during the shots where she fires her guns. New enemy that seems to rip shit to pieces, both her bullets and... her? The logo treatment also seems to emphasize shit being ripped apart and broken, as it is literally a crack. Soooo.... time travel and ripping stuff to pieces? I dunno! I haven't had a chance to play Bayonetta 2 yet so I might be missing some hints. Is the moon being red significant?

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysterysheep: All i'll say is hell plays a bigger part in the second game but a blood moon could mean a lot of things. Looking forward to it, however bizzare it turns out to be.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More like Shadow of Bore-dor. Never forget.

Have they announced any differences between the Switch and Wii U versions? 3 is a day one buy for me, but I can't see myself buying 1 and 2 again just so I don't have to spend five minutes hooking my Wii U back up.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers