• 86 results
DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Edited By DarkbeatDK

Nintendo celebrated their 139th birthday over the weekend as Japanese Twitter passed the 1 millionth tweet about クッパ姫 aka. Koopa-Hime aka. Bowsette.

It all began on September 19th with this Tweet

Referencing the new Super Crown item in New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, which turns Toadette into Peachette, this new take on the lovable villain Bowser took the internet by storm as artists around the world started pumping out their own fan art. It's no surprise that fan art happens, but it's the pace as which this has happened over the past 5 days that is surprising. Further more, several big-name artists have joined in on the trend as well

While "Trending on Twitter" is not much of a metric to go by, as a large percents of tweets at any given time will be from people asking what is trending and why it's trending, the numbers cannot be ignored.

No Caption Provided

With such an outpouring from fans, will this force Nintendo's hand to make her Bowsette official? Is anything that grows so massively in popularity in such a short time destined to crash and burn like Kid Icarus flying too close to the sun? Right now there is a sense of unity of peace as artists from all over the world join forces to create all this art that nobody seems to have any real big complaints about. Check out some more fanart below or check out the hashtag on Twitter (on your own risk as some of it is very NSFW)

Who's next?
Who's next?

*EDIT* I forgot to point out that the trending tweet right above クッパ姫 is キングテレサ which means "King Teresa", Teresa being the Japanese name for Boo.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is gonna be lit, is all I'm sayin'.

*UPDATE*

Nintendo's stock went up

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's a bit of fun, clearly, and the design is strong, but I'd prefer it if a big-titted, horny Peach/Bowser monstrosity remained a non-canon side thing. It doesn't need to stick out like a nip-slip in Nintendo's generally family-friendly image just because some loud people want it, but again, I do like it for what it is just fine, which is about the same as an above-average meme.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why do anime weirdos have to put big tits on anything fan made? It's weird.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

I'm mildly disappointed that the fan art of Bowsette isn't some kind of Zarya-esque muscle-bound lady. But I guess I'm not very surprised that if you give the internet carte blanche for a new character, they decide to make a busty lewd anime girl with fangs. Some of the art is pretty good, though.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I could see them referencing this at some point during a comedic moment in one of their games (like a Mario RPG). You know, have some sequence where Kamek casts a spell on Bowser to make him stronger, and ends up accidentally turning him into Bowsette for a minute or so before turning him back to normal. Have one of his underlings try and calm him down by complimenting something about him in that form (looks good in a dress etc) and only make the situation worse; they could totally do something with this.

But make this a regular thing? No thanks. If it's all the same to everyone else, I'd be happy with confining this creation to the realm of fanart.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunothethird:Yeah I don't see Nintendo adapting it either. Despite how stuff like Xenoblade and Fire Emblem is now, I don't think Bowsette would be in a game, unless it was some really way-off offshoot like a Super Princess Peach 2... and perhaps not even in that.

@bisonhero: Well, there definitely are some very musclebound variations out there as well. After all, none of it is canon so people can do whatever.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So that's what this was about. I saw this all over twitter yesterday and had no idea what was happening.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By burncoat

I love it and can't get enough of it. Only bad thing is that it highlights the real lack of an evil girl villain in the Mario universe. Closest we got was the Shadow Queen in Paper Mario.

EDIT: It reminds me a lot of Eggette/Omelette fanart from Sonic Mania. A really cool fanart creation that would be really interesting if expanded on in canon, but has little to no chance of being official.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

More like boobette, amirite?

matiaz_tapia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nux: There's a pink crown pickup that turns Toadette into Peachette, aparently. Which basically makes her look like Peach, so now it opened the flood gates for people to take the same mushroom and apply it to other characters.

If the internet is good, we'll find out what the effect would be for Mario.

They did this to themselves.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

This is all well and good but why is her English name Bowsette? If Toadette became Peachette shouldn't Bowser become Peachser?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well that explains my tumblr feed.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, there is a lot of good art there. I really like it! Zero chance this becomes canon.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

So that’s what was going on with my Twitter feed yesterday.

Always fun when a fanbase takes a small thing like this and runs with it. It would be cool for Nintendo to implement the character somewhere (though they’d have to tone down the horniness a little) but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Seems like the kind of thing Nintendo will just pretend doesn’t exist.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chummy8:Nice!

@imhungry: That would make more sense, yes. The Japanese "Princess Koopa" seems more correct as well.

@milkman: I can kinda imagine Miyamoto's expression upon checking Twitter after TGS. Looking at Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and even Zelda now, he is probably the last great bastion against turning Nintendo completely Horny.

No Caption Provided

Jurck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this meme has already surpassed Infinity War memes in quantity. But at least I get this one.

Considering they had Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart, I don't think Bowsette would be too out of place there. And I wouldn't mind another heavy weight female driver. But they would definitely have to come up with their own design for her and probably call her something different; I'd feel weird seeing a character created by the internet get put in any Mario game.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's fascinating how much this blew up instantly. And how there's no a mini-civil war among them between the red-hair and Blonde hair versions.

I can't wait for Anime Expert Jeff Gerstmann to weigh in.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Bowsette is good. Bowsette makes the world a better place.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boy it really doesn’t take long for the internet to grab something relatively innocent, and turn it into something perverted.

Xdeser2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Xdeser2

Bowsette is extremely good but I'm not going to be happy when the straights rush in to own it.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Princess Koopa is cool but the Boo version is just so much better. I barely have a handle on it because I don't really use twitter or gaming websites besides GB like 90% of the time, but its Dumb I guess.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are bad people.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's harmless and fine.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Even the Dagashi Kashi artist is in on this? Holy crap this exploded.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'll be in my bunk.

Avatar image for anonymous_jesse
Anonymous_Jesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the internet being the internet. I can't help but feel Nintendo is intentionally courting the memeness recently and it seems to be working.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Bowsette is about as relevant as Waluigi, so why not?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FacelessVixen

@darkbeatdk said:

I can kinda imagine Miyamoto's expression upon checking Twitter after TGS. Looking at Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and even Zelda now, he is probably the last great bastion against turning Nintendo completely Horny.

As a fan of pervy anime things (except harems), Sony and Microsoft: Eh. PC: Fuck it; everything is on the table with SFM. But Nintendo consoles and handhelds were a nice safe place from the horny despite scumbag artists like myself running taking characters from Pokemon and running them though the rule 34 filter. But now, waifus soured kinda me on current Fire Emblem, Pyra from Xenoblade makes me feel uncomfortable, and Senran Kagura Reflexions is both a joke that is being taken too far but also not far enough for the Custom Maid 3D 2 people out there.

I'm gonna miss [relevantly] pure and innocent Nintendo.

MrSensible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burncoat said:

Only bad thing is that it highlights the real lack of an evil girl villain in the Mario universe. Closest we got was the Shadow Queen in Paper Mario.

If you're counting Wario games as the same universe (and why wouldn't you?), there's always Captain Syrup:

No Caption Provided

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Never underestimate the internet's capacity to turn anything into a sexy lady with a huge bust. The only real difference here is that it's trending on twitter from artists you've heard of instead of lurking in someone's DeviantArt account.

That said, I'd be lying if I wasn't enjoying this.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xdeser2 said:

Bowsette is extremely good but I'm not going to be happy when the straights rush in to own it.

Bowsette can be enjoyed by many different people.

Well, now this is on my Giant Bomb profile forever.
Well, now this is on my Giant Bomb profile forever.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man, this shit runs deep huh?

can we get a hot...nvm...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Efesell  Online

But why not a redhead tho

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering she got to have horns, so by definition this has to be horny.

The whole gender bender thing has been around anime forever, with the current events regarding gender, this might not be the worse thing in the world. Some might say animu has been ahead of the curve...funny how that turns out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Sometimes it is, depending on the artist, but if we look at how it transforms Toadette by turning her hair blonde from pink, I guess people feel like that is the way to go, maybe.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the internet

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't know if this is the best meme, but it's certainly my favorite. Every single part of it, especially the yuri

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the internet

There are a lot of horrible, disgusting, soul crushing shit to come out of the Internet on a regular bases. A day where the worst we get is a sexy genderbent Bowser it's a pretty good day for the Internet.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Efesell  Online

I hate the internet

The internet is a miserable crushing heap of trash let everybody have Bowsette.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By uhtaree

Sorry, while I personally find the blonde one hotter, she has to have red hair, cuz, yunno, BOWSER HAS RED FUCKING HAIR! It just works.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nintendo should make Bowsette canon. For reasons.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Efesell  Online

This will be a strange inscrutable segment on a Direct someday.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nicksmi56

Lol this is actually great! I love when communities express their love for something and everyone gets to weigh in with their different interpretations.

Sure, there's the creepy pervy stuff, but compared to some of the other stuff I've seen from fandoms (That Hermione/Voldemort fanfic several people in high school were into will never leave my brain. I will never feel clean again.), this is pretty tame and pure.

LyndBako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can anyone dislike this? It's so great

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Oh, she'd have been instantly beloved if Nintendo had created her, with a more intelligent titty design that tonally matched the Mario universe, but the blatant nympho look so obviously clashes with everything else Mario, and people wanting her to be canon in that very kinky and fuckable form are hilarious dreamers.

I'm on board with the concept 100%, it works on every level there, but she needs tweaking. Kids play these games, not just gamers. I'm a big advocate of sexiness in games, it's great fun, but I love common sense, too.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'm enjoying it, it's a fun trend and it's great seeing tons of artists have a good time coming up with designs (and, in many cases, getting a bunch of attention and new followers along the way too).

I like that the initial designs all followed the implied canon of "This is a direct transformation into Peach" the way Toadette/Peachette went, but that over time people naturally branched out into more muscular, angry, turtle-featured, and other such variants. And now we're starting to get a ton of spin-offs for the other characters in the Mario univers.

Some of the art is a little... much for my tastes, for sure - but that's true of basically any fanart trend. On the whole everyone drawing it seems to be enjoying themselves. Plus I'm glad that in most cases they're spinning it in a positive light rather than a forced or unpleasant/embarrassing thing, which can often be a bit upsetting.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is a pretty good question.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@meierthered said:
@cyraxible said:

That is a pretty good question.

Are you guys(?) seriously asking this? Big tits are fun in general sense. Big boobs are popular. Big boobs are fun shape(-wise) to draw. Big boobs are boobs and big.

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, she'd have been instantly beloved if Nintendo had created her, with a more intelligent titty design that tonally matched the Mario universe, but the blatant nympho look so obviously clashes with everything else Mario, and people wanting her to be canon in that very kinky and fuckable form are hilarious dreamers.

I'm on board with the concept 100%, it works on every level there, but she needs tweaking. Kids play these games, not just gamers. I'm a big advocate of sexiness in games, it's great fun, but I love common sense, too.

Half these artists would draw Peach in the exact same style if she was the Meme instead of this. Of the "Original" look only the cleavage is a bit out of control. Probably just hike that dress up a few inches and she'd fit right in.

Not that I think that's ever going to happen, but not because of the style.

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyndbako said:

How can anyone dislike this? It's so great

People who are exceptionally against Transgender anything being in their entertainment. Sort of reminds me when it was announced that the next Doctor was going to be a woman.