#1 Posted by mordi (587 posts) -

When I watch a video using Giant Bomb's own video player on an iPad Air I get this issue. The video runs fine for maybe 10-20 minutes, but after that it'll start looping about ten seconds over and over again. To get around this, I have to manually skip ahead a little. Usually, this fix lasts for a few minutes - then it starts looping again. Often before this happens, there are some issues with the audio sync as well - where the audio keeps going and the video freezes for a while before it speeds up to catch up with the audio.

I've had this issue on an iPad Air (1) running iOS 11, using Chrome and Safari on an ADSL2+ connection - with around 6mbps download speed.

It's quite maddening when it happens.

#2 Posted by cheesedgrate (4 posts) -

I have this exact same issue. Also on the first iPad Air with iOS 11. I have noticed though that it has gotten slightly better during the last month or so... Or maybe I'm just getting used to it.

#3 Edited by nnickers (433 posts) -

I’m on my phone and can’t find it easily, but just FYI there is an existing thread for this issue. It’s been around for a few months now.

#4 Posted by fledeye (222 posts) -
#5 Edited by KirkyX (351 posts) -

I had this constantly - on Giant Bomb and a bunch of other sites - on my iPad (first Air 2, then Pro 10.5) for ages, but it cleared up for some reason a few months ago. No idea what I might've done to fix it, so I'm afraid I can't really help--just wanted to add to the 'you're not alone' bucket.

It's definitely an iOS specific issue, for what it's worth--I have an Android phone, and it's never been a problem there. Totally fine on desktop, too.

#6 Edited by mordi (587 posts) -
#7 Posted by Nev (759 posts) -

Yeah... I gave up on this getting fixed, and just stick to using the Video Buddy app. I highly suggest it, if you're having this problem.

#8 Edited by fledeye (222 posts) -

@nev:

The problem is none of the apps work with mobile data. And as a person that has unlimited data on my phone, but very limited data on the family computer, I can’t be watching 3 hours of Garfield games. The rest of the family would kill me the first time someone tried to check Facebook and we’d run out of internet.