Roku App Issues - 5/22/2020

• 168 results
The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Yeah. Still doesn't work. It's getting frustrating, since the Roku is how we watch 100% of our GB content...

Avatar image for deactivated-609ba772e99db
deactivated-609ba772e99db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I must have got the update or fix because it works for me now.

The_Boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's working for us now, too. Thanks for the fix and sorry for being so grumpy!

Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Almost a year and the app still hasn't been published to the official Roku store...

StanleyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to add to this thread, the Roku app is working fine for me last couple days, thanks for the fix/update.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56  Edited By rorie

@bacon said:

Almost a year and the app still hasn't been published to the official Roku store...

We are going back and forth with Roku about some stuff before this becomes official, unfortunately. Communication with them has been a bit slow.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it matter or make a difference between the roku dongle player and the builtin rokuTV app?

jeffrola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any updates here? Really missing my GB Roku app.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeffrola: Are you running into issues with the beta app?

LeraA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

On the roku app I used to be able to see premium stuff like Unprofessional Fridays. I did have to verify by linking my roku channel with my account and putting in that code in order to be allowed to see the premium stuff.

These days, nothing premium shows up as an option to watch on roku (no UPF, no Die Another Friday, no Playdate, etc.). Is this a deliberate policy change or did I mess something up?

Thank you!

yourbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leraa: You might just need to re-link your premium account (with a new code). My Roku randomly forgets?/drops? my premium account link every couple of months.

LeraA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LeraA

@yourbrain: that was it! Thanks. I generated a new code, hooked it up on the website, and restarted the roku channel. Suddenly there's UPF and all the other stuff.

I really appreciate you taking the time to write that out. \o/

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@leraa: @yourbrain: Thank you for asking and answering this! I've often thought, did they get rod of UPF?

I rarely frequent the site but watch videos using the app every night. I really started to miss the premium content, and thought maybe my membership lapsed or something, so thank you both! I'll relink again too.

ST1LL_iLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys,

So lately I haven’t been able to access the latest episodes of Playdate or Pokemonday Night Combat. I can see the previous weeks episodes, just not current eps. I unlinked, relinked, nothing. Restarted Roku, still nothing. Deleted and re-downloaded app, linked premium account, restarted Roku and still have a lock symbol on both videos.

My Roku is up to date at version 9.0.0 Build 4142. My GB app is version 2.1 build 4. Out of ideas on this one. Any help will be appreciated.

TheGrimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im having the same issue. Account is linked but it says to link account to access this video. Major bummer since rokus are the only way i watch videos from the site. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

CrazyArm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same issue as the last two posts. Account is linked but unable to access premium content. I even tried to uninstall the addon, but that didn't work either.

vioxtreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did older videos get removed by chance?

I was attempting to finish "Playdate: MISSING: An interactive Thriller (and Subways)," but it seems to have been removed from the Roku app. I also noticed that the Until Dawn videos were also gone.

givemesnacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Giant Bomb interested in community help with the app? If it could be pushed to GitHub I would be happy to help enhance it.

izzy89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By izzy89

Is there no way to change the stream quality on this app?

kinrider25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the past two weeks most days I'm having trouble just getting videos to load on the App, it is definitely not my internet as everything else works just fine. It is only the Giant Bomb app. I can get in just fine but Videos will take FOREVER to load most days, if at all. When they do they just stutter and start buffering again.

This is only a problem I'm facing with Giant Bomb app itself, and I'm on a fiber connection.

pauljordanjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over the last few days, I've been having trouble with the app. It goes to the load screen then crashes.

harveydanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to add the channel and it says "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." I'm in North America.

WelshCleats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lately (the last few days) I've had trouble getting videos to play in the beta Roku app. As far as I can tell they'll start loading, then get stuck. Backing out then trying again a few times had occasionally gotten it to work (like with the Bloodroots QL), but today's East Playdate keeps getting stuck even with multiple attempts. Tried rebooting the system and app, everything's up to date (as far as I can tell), etc etc.

Also it seems random but I'd say about every forth video or so won't display a thumbnail.

Either way, not a huge deal, since I can always use the GB app on my Xbox. But thought it was maybe worth mentioning or seeing if anyone else was having the same problem.

I'm on a TCL Roku TV if that's helpful. Thanks!

thebolt90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@welshcleats: Same issue as this guy. Also on the TCL Roku TV.

Lively

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to add the channel and it says "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." I'm in North America.

Just tried to add it, getting same error as above.

Avatar image for financingisfree
financingisfree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lively said:
@harveydanger said:

Just tried to add it, getting same error as above.

i am also having this issue with the beta version of the app today.

Gatorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently tried to get in with the Roku app, both the standard and the beta version and neither of them will open. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling however I am now receiving the following, "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." Curious why I paid for a subscription that is not working.

demazin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gatorman said:

Recently tried to get in with the Roku app, both the standard and the beta version and neither of them will open. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling however I am now receiving the following, "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." Curious why I paid for a subscription that is not working.

I'm getting the same issue. Problem started yesterday.

PartTimeSarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having the same issue, I just noticed it this morning. The Roku app had been working great, now I click on it, the Bomb logo comes up for about .5 seconds, and then it crashes back to the tv’s homescreen. I hope they fix it soon! GB’s been my lifeline during all this!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, sorry for the trouble here. It looks like the GameSpot app broke too so we're assuming something happened on Roku's end. We'll have someone look into it!

omdata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad/sad to see others are having the same issue with the GB Roku Channel. Hopefully ya'll can get Roku to get their crap together soon! I want my GBTV!

Gatorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not a Roku problem. Once or twice a year the Giantbomb app goes down. It is the only app that seems to do this. I just renewed my premium subscription and I use Roku as my primary source for videos. It has been down for two weeks. We need to start talking about refunds.

eyehatezod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: any potential update at all?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By rorie

@eyehatezod said:

@rorie: any potential update at all?

It is on the docket of an engineer and while I'm not sure how difficult of a solution it will be, hopefully we'll have some news next week.

Edit: Sorry, I know this is frustrating. If this was something I could fix myself I would do so; unfortunately Roku issues often entail working with Roku themselves to fix, and sometimes that's not always easy (there's a reason we had everyone side-loading a beta channel for over a year to get the app to work). I know it's important to you all though and I'll do my best to make sure it's the priority for the engineer working on it.

eyehatezod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: awesome, thank you for the quick response! Xbox app is scratching the itch. Hope you’re all well during this! Loving the home streams, missing UPF though.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am told that the beta app is no longer functional but the official one *should* be working. Please try loading it via search or go here:

https://my.roku.com/add/giantbomb

And let me know if there are any issues with that. Sorry for the trouble.

jred250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm working and I can't check right now, but does the Roku app sync progress? That was one of the things that I had problems with the beta version was that it didn't sync progress across the app and the site.

malrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just installed the newest official release (2.2 build 4) and premium videos still show as locked even after linking my account...

sethparmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Mine is still not allowing me to access some of the premium content. I since reverted to the Xbox App but would love to use the Roku App once it gets sorted out. I just thought I'd give my experience.

Avatar image for misadventurelnd
Misadventurelnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My app is working but will we ever have a resume feature? I end up bailing on a lot of content because it doesn’t save my progress even within the Roku app itself

poopasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m on the official app, updated to version 2.2, and a large portion of the premium content is still locked.

adamdemarie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still having the problem described a couple weeks ago where the app crahses while trying to open it. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no luck, unfortunately.

Kapn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fanboyremix: I've had luck getting a resume by pausing the video,then hitting the back arrow

I still can't log in to the app on Roku either. Quick flash of the Giant Bomb logo and back to Roku home.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamdemarie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I'm using a Roku Streaming Stick 3600x. Thanks for personally working through this, Matt!