Why Can't I Download Video? (or) Where's My Videos?

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#551 Rorie  Staff

Hi!

My premium expired recently, and then I reupped a day or so later. Since then however, I always get the error video when trying to watch videos using the Giant Bomb Enthusiast App on Fire TV. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and reconnected multiple times. I've also tried running the app through the Android Emulator, as I've been toying with the app code lately. This also shows the error video.

Using the Video Bomb app on Android, and the web browser, both work fine. Is this likely to be an issue on your end? No code has changed in the version of the app installed on my Fire TV since it was previously working earlier in the week.

You should be fixed now.

flammabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rorie: that GB customer service is just *chefkiss*

thanks rorie, all good!

MasterBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

#553  Edited By MasterBrief

Trying to download videos on my Surface 3 but get the error message. I can watch them just fine. I tried chrome and Edge neither worked. I did just re-up if that has any effect.

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#554 Rorie  Staff

Trying to download videos on my Surface 3 but get the error message. I can watch them just fine. I tried chrome and Edge neither worked. I did just re-up if that has any effect.

Were you in a free trial? Is this still an issue for you?

MasterBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 2

@rorie: I was wondering if that was it. Works fine now thanks Rorie!

craymen_edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't download videos on Chrome android. I tap on the icon, but the drop-down menu doesn't populate with options, it just sits there saying "Processing...".

It's the same whether I'm on WiFi, 4G, or if I select desktop mode.

ZanzibarBreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

toomuchcraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I just randomly started getting the error message through my podcast client (Pocketcasts). I've tried another client and many variations on the API url and still am having no luck. Just tried to download a video from the giantbomb site and had the same message too.

Can somebody tell me where I am going wrong? I have attempted all the steps in the original post and am getting nowhere.

jlyoung188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started getting the error message on Pocketcasts as well. My premium is up to date. Maybe an iOS 13 app update issue?

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#561 Rayeth  Online

I'm having issues downloading the HD quality level only. The downloads always "complete" before downloading the whole file. I don't see this issue with the other sizes (high, medium, low or mobile).

No idea what is going on there.

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#563 Rorie  Staff

@jlyoung188: @toomuchcraig: Hey, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I had someone else report issues with Pocketcasts as well. I suspect they're splitting up the files to make for a quicker download which is making the app hit our daily download limit very quickly. Is this still happening for you?

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#564 Rorie  Staff
@rayeth said:

I'm having issues downloading the HD quality level only. The downloads always "complete" before downloading the whole file. I don't see this issue with the other sizes (high, medium, low or mobile).

No idea what is going on there.

Hmm, I haven't been seeing this myself personally lately. Can you give me a few example vids where this has happened? Have you tried another browser?

toomuchcraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@rorie: Hey Rorie, I am still having the same problem. It seems to be intermittent, some videos get through but others display the message.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#566  Edited By Rayeth  Online

@rorie:

I haven't tried another browser yet. I'll be able to do that later tonight when I get home.

Videos I tried before I posted:

YGFI: Spongebob

Burgle My Bananas: Episode 06

I'm in the process of downloading Vinnyvania Bloodstained 08, I'll update if it happens there also.

Edit: Vinnyvannia seems to be ok? Hm.

Edit2: I cleared the cache and now cannot get the problem to occur again. I'm guessing it was me.

Clavicle14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: I’ve also been having issues with Pocketcasts. Got frustrated and downloaded the bomb cyclone app and am still getting the same error messages in that.

Avatar image for wanderingnewbie
WanderingNewbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie IDK if this is just me or more widespread but since last night i can't download premium videos anymore. I checked and my premium is good till July 2020 but when I try to use the drop down to open the video separately in what would give me a window with just the video before now gives me a white window with the text "Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable". Note I can still watch the videos not using the drop down box. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#569 Rorie  Staff

@rorie: I’ve also been having issues with Pocketcasts. Got frustrated and downloaded the bomb cyclone app and am still getting the same error messages in that.

Are you able to download from the site as usual? This might be an issue to bring up with those app developers. Pocketcasts has always been the wonkiest app out there in terms of how it deals with authenticated subscriptions and the like.

Rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#570 Rorie  Staff

@rorie IDK if this is just me or more widespread but since last night i can't download premium videos anymore. I checked and my premium is good till July 2020 but when I try to use the drop down to open the video separately in what would give me a window with just the video before now gives me a white window with the text "Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable". Note I can still watch the videos not using the drop down box. Just wanted to bring this to your attention.

Can you try logging out and back in and see if that works? Or another browser?

Avatar image for wanderingnewbie
WanderingNewbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:
@wanderingnewbie said:

Can you try logging out and back in and see if that works? Or another browser?

Sadly this doesn't seem to work, I even went as far as to check on another computer and I'm getting the same result.

Clavicle14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: yeah able to use the site just fine. The bomb cyclone app works now so I’ll just avoid pocketcasts.

No_Style

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video Buddy app on iOS stopped playing videos so I did a bit of searching and tried GBTV. Unfortunately, all I get with that app is the Jeff error video. Videos of all types play fine on the site and via the Roku app but not the iOS apps.

I have tried logging off, logging back on. Deleted and redownloaded the app as well.

dcyoung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#574 dcyoung  Online

Similar issue here -- GBTV and web browser downloads not working (both iOS and Firefox on Windows 10), but web player is OK.