Why Can't I Download Video? (or) Where's My Videos?

beaudierman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I'm also getting this "Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable" error on any download that I attempt.

V_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am now getting the same error 😰

homelessguy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm Getting the Same Error as Well.

"Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable"

Avatar image for rocketraccooncmro
rocketraccooncmro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same error. downloading is the only way I can watch premium content because of the video size.

Fjolle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ran into the same problem.
I don't normally download stuff or apps or use a download manager, but i had problems with the premium player, so i tried downloading a video with firefox but it failed partways.
I have used my api key for premium podcasts on pocket casts, but the api page doesn't show any problems.

ShiroGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606  Edited By ShiroGamer

I am also running into the same "Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable" problem using IDM to download on Chrome. Tried logging out/in and it didn't fix it. FWIW, I can watch content fine on the site, but i'd like to be able to download videos since my internet isn't always good, and I sometimes watch videos on my TV and have no way atm to stream.

Anidem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hey me too, for a minute there I thought my subscription had ended, but it seems a lot of us are having this issue. FWIW this week I downloaded three videos but also I assume that those didn't exceeded the download limit (the size of them combined must be a little over 3GB) As a fellow developer I know that when things break due to small changes and support starts getting tons of the same error reports it can be a bit stressful (or maybe that's just me) so I just hope it gets fixed!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QLCrew.com guy here!

This is happening for me too. Cannot download anything. Tried on two different PCs in two separate locations.

Example URL:

https://static-giantbombvideo.cbsistatic.com/vr/2019/11/06/vf_deathstranding_impressions_10142019_kjbgasdf_1800.mp4?api_key=....removed...

Result:

HTTP 403, Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable

I checked recent content and UPF from 2014. Nothing works. Same thing applies to Progressive mode in the video player.

Please help @rorie, @wcarle

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@szlifier: Will believes he has a workaround for this issue and hopefully he'll be pushing something out soon. Sorry for all the trouble! I cleared your download limit in the meantime .

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611  Edited By Windex

@rorie@wcarle did a change get pushed out today?

My video feeds are now empty except for any videos I had previously downloaded. I tried to re-subscribe to both the HD and SD feeds from giantbomb.com/feeds with and without my "username:password@" and the problem is on all of them.

I am using the Apple Podcasts app if that helps.

V_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612  Edited By V_Ben

The error, which had disappeared earlier in the week, has now returned again - Downcast on iOS, every download now errors out again :/

Interpol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_ben: I am having the same issue.

craigbandicoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#614  Edited By craigbandicoot
No Caption Provided

It appears that starting Wednesday it broke again.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@interpol:

@v_ben said:

The error, which had disappeared earlier in the week, has now returned again - Downcast on iOS, every download now errors out again :/

Which error are you seeing? I believe Will removed the download limit entirely so I'm not seeing how the same error could be occurring but I suppose anything is possible. Can you send a screenshot?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toomuchcraig: This is most likely due to the HTTPS error reported in another thread, which has been filed with an engineer.

CanadianCowz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also having issues with the premium video RSS feed. Going on about a week or so now.

V_Ben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie - I believe the previous error was fixed, but now I have the HTTPS error instead.

codestone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also having this issue, my subscription lapsed, I re-upped for 1 year and now when I try to download a premium video on my Android phone (using chrome browser) I get a white screen and a message that says "Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable".

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm also having this issue, my subscription lapsed, I re-upped for 1 year and now when I try to download a premium video on my Android phone (using chrome browser) I get a white screen and a message that says "Based on your subscription level, this content is unavailable".

That's because you're in a free trial. I think I fixed the issue for you though.

codestone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thank you! It's all good now.