They're Giving Us the Broken Archstone?

• 54 results
Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@shindig: This is the investigative journalism i'm here for :)

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

True enough, I loaded up Demon's Souls to find out. He does get more aggressive with your shield up but he still shows you his turtle animation twice before he strikes. I had to get right in there.

Still, for demo purposes, they'd probably quicken the process. Also, the Dark Souls 3 feel I was imagining is probably down to just the engine. The strikes seem on point.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

I just watched 3 separate playthroughs of that part to be sure. The second knight turtles up by default, waiting for you to make the move. In the remake footage, he's more aggressive, although seems to hold his shield whilst attacking his with other hand. Although the player's got his shield up so maybe that's why he's going for it.

Maybe I've just never approached him with my shield up.

Yeah trust me this is the same enemy AI for this guy. If you stand there waiting for an attack to parry he will gently sidestep with his shield up for awhile. The second you put your shield up he starts shield bashing you though. It's the way to get the player to see the ramifications of getting shield bashed and the need to shield bash others. Generally in Demon's/Dark souls, if you approach an enemy with a shield up (that's what this player did) they will almost immediately do some kind of guard break bash/kick/attack. They could have also just made him charge up immediately for short demo purposes, but that led into the BEKnight's standard AI pattern.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NTM

@toughshed: Well of course, but that's kind of my point. It's not representing what it'll be like when you first go through that section, especially for those that might play it for the first time. I get why it was shown the way it was though.