So Diablo 4 was officially shown off Friday and it seems to be a mixture of D2 and D3. It's dark like D2, and is always online like D3. But this time the world is shared with up to 100 people in some of the larger areas. They said you can still solo the entire game if you want, but when running around the world there will be others always around. At first I wasn't really happy about this news, but then I guess I got over it fast because everything about it looks amazing to me, and at least you can solo the whole game if you wish. Still, the thought of launch day being a total disaster keeps lingering in my mind. I guess because I remember the launch of Diablo 3. Does it bother you any?
(grabbed some info from mmo-champion)
The Open World
- Shared world does not affect dungeons. They are still private for you and up to 3 other people.
- The campaign areas will also remain private until you complete the objective for that campaign area.
- You will see other players outside your party in the open world and come across many activities.
- Public events can include events like demons attacking a coastline or a difficult boss.
- You will find treasure, lore books, and crafting materials in the open world as well.
- Open world PvP is another aspect.
- You will share the open world with a varying amount of people based on what is currently happening in the zone.
- They want Sanctuary to feel bleak and so they don't want you to see too many players while traveling.
- Towns will have more people in them at one time than the open world.