A Farewell to Drew Scanlon Thread

rh51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By rh51

I wish Drew the best of luck, but... Damn...

jamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Drew you are one of the best. Always positive, learning new things, and a great sense of humor. I have talked to you a couple times at Pax and you always took time on the show floor to talk to my friends and I. You made it easy to talk with and seemed interested in what people where saying. Metal Gear Scanlon was the best thing for me as a Metal Gear fan. I lost my job and had to move to a new state with no friends and family and watching those episodes made me laugh all the time. Not going to lie for selfish reasons I wish you would stay but I wish you all the best luck.

I think we should all give Drew a final o7 for a job well done.

HmmJustABox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I know it's selfish to be sad, but I am anyway.

Best wishes to you, Drew! Giant Bomb is really going to miss you.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man. I'm so bummed. I remember rationalizing Ryan's passing as "at least Drew has had to be brought in on more stuff to cover the spread." He went from being the cool background duder to one of my favorite personalities on this site. I thought I'd be more accustomed to this after Patrick and Austin left, but MAN, this hurts. Still, best of luck to you Drew couldn't be more excited to see where you go from here. I'm sure you'll be fine wherever you end up.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

North Korea finally caught up with Drew.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By audiosnow

I came to the site in 2010. During the years that followed, Drew grew from the cool behind-the-scenes tech guy with the fascinating hobbies, to Drew Scanlon who showed up in videos on occasion and played through Halo for charity, to one of the major personalities who shared stories of those fascinating hobbies with us.

You'll do great wherever you go, Drew, because you're talented, naturally curious-- and strikingly handsome. ;)

Change is not comfortable, but it's inevitable. Giant Bomb will never be the same without you, and you will never be the same without Giant Bomb. So let's see what happens next!

EDIT: Just so long as whomever GB hires can tell jokes like Drew: slyly.

ColdSzlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm bummed, but also excited to see what you've got planned. Best of luck Drew! GB won't be the same without you.

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Peace out duder. Hope you stay visible and we can follow along with your new endeavors.

Man, that stinks. Who would have thought that the editorial staff at giant bomb east would ever match west in size?

Jeff, brad, Jason

Vinny, alex, dan.

That's it guys. Everyone else is gone. Seems like only yesterday that Dan and Jason joined. Now they are 1/3 of the show. I wonder if this means we'll be seeing Rorie a lot more.

pkmango7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By pkmango7

Drew's such a big part of what has made the site great, both on and off camera. I mean it almost feels as if all the greatest moments over the years have Drew either in the thick of it or behind the scenes. For me, Flight Club was the push that got me to finally make an account and sub to support the site.

All the best and know that we appreciate the years of hard work, low key goofs, and delightfully bizarre cultural exchanges. I can only hope the Extra Life streams live on somehow!!

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's so heartbreaking! I can't believe it... Best of luck and warm wishes to Drew!

I wonder what "going solo" means. Is this a hint that he's doing some piloting gig (flying solo)? I don't know. Just trying to wrap my head around the news. ?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremely bummed about this. Your random survival/mechanical/military knowledge is essential, but I'm excited for you and your new ventures. Happy hunting Drew!

nikemike99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of Luck, Drew. Hope you are leaving to finally realize your dream of being a commercial airlines pilot! Thanks so much for all the hard work at the site. For the great attitude and just seeming like a great dude.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God dang it, every time someone leaves this team I get so sad. I'm gonna miss you Drew, and I hope we still see you around a lot! I also hope this means that the hiring for west will be happening sooner rather than later...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I am super gonna miss Drew, and wish him all best in everything.

<>

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna miss ya man. Keep flyin'.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

Its really a sad moment for me when anyone leaves Giant Bomb or splits like the East crew because it never really is the same. Its like when I moved away from my best friends, yeah we talk on the internet but it really isnt the same.

Still I wish the best for Drew. Good luck man and hope we still get to see him somewhere on the internet

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By MeMonk
Loading Video...

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wish you the best, Drew!

Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck Drew. I hope you'll still have time to do Extra Life and come hang out on UPF from time to time.

yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So long and thanks for all the Drews! You will be missed here but I'm excited to see what you're up to next.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie, when I read his tweets I kinda teared up a bit. I'm going to miss him being part of the Giant bomb crew. However! I know what ever he is going to do next will be amazing, because he is an amazing person. Drew, I wish you the best dude in what ever you do next. Please don't be a stranger to GB! Would love to see you come back as a guest one day. =) You rock dude! Good luck!

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all your hard work Drew. Giant Bomb will never be the same.

Best of luck on your next adventure.

Based

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOBBING

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the best, Drew.

voltan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Good luck Drew, I hope to hear you on another podcast!

Guerrero268705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very sad. Help.

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I've followed Drew as long as Jeff at this point. He truly will be missed as much as Ryan has been missed. But man I knew you'd go at some point with all your tech thoughts/ideas. God speed and I hope to see you around.

Will definitely follow your continued F1 talk with Danny.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Drew :( Best of luck out there with the CIA working undercover in North Korea flying out defectors.

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By grtkbrandon

Drew, this was not the news I was expecting to see today. You were one of my favorite personalities on the site due to your active nature - always bringing something outdoorsy, and uh, flighty, to the table. I'm sad to see you go but wish you all the best and look forward to catching whatever your next project is!

figurehead00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh, every time this happens it hits me really hard. If this is what Drew wants then I'm happy for him and wish him all the best.

But on a personal note I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this. =(

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Best of luck Drew!

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He and Alexis are totally going to come back and do the Extra Life streams though right? RIGHT?!

panicswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish him nothing but the best. I've only been a premium member for a year now but I've loved all of Drew's videos from Metal Gear Scanlon to his Toad impressions during Mario Party. I'm excited to see what's next for him.

And to everyone else, don't despair. I have the utmost faith in Jeff to bring in some new blood that we will grow to love.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fucking crazy. I've always known that Drew would be the likely one to leave next because of how young the guy is and how varied his interests are apart from video games but damn man that's a huge loss.

Jason is always dropping hints of how stressed he is so now I can't imagine him carrying the whole weight of video duties at GB West. They have to be about to hire someone if Drew is announcing his departure. That sucks.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Best of luck in the future, Drew. Your talent has been a great contribution to Giant Bomb and I will miss your insight and wit deeply.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Loading Video...

GrizzledWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best of luck with wherever you go and whatever you do. Godspeed Scanlon.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's tough to hear. Gonna miss the unique humor you bring to the site. Sometimes it's hard to remember that GB is just a job for real people after all, and it's naive to think things will never change, as much as we may want that.

And I just gotta say it, I really hope they're planning on putting up some kind of official (written) announcement. Or are we just supposed to stumble upon a random tweet a user decides to post in the forums, or an aside buried somewhere in a 3 hour podcast? GB's method of surfacing seemingly important information is sometimes... questionable. I can't possibly watch and listen to everything they put out, so being able to scan the homepage for important site news would be nice.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU CAN'T FOOL ME DREW! I know you're just playing hardball to get a raise to pay your plane fuel! *cries* I'd post a reaction gif of drew about to cry ( i think when he tried nose tork?) but im no gif master)

o7

ChunkyGerbil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for everything, Drew. You have been a huge inspiration for me for years, and I wish you the best on you future endeavors. I'm glad I got to meet you at PAX East last year, and thanks again for taking my card! Hopefully I can catch you at this years PAX in March.

MunnyShh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By MunnyShh

After years of falling off of most all game media sites, I started into Giantbomb about a year ago. However, it was the desire to watch Metal Gear Scanlon that got me into Premium membership and I'm eternally please with it. And only this last fall did I get into listening to the Alt-F1 podcast. Thanks for everything Drew. I wish you the best in your ventures and hope to see and hear you again on GB podcasts!

o7

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this is crazy. GB feelin a little slim. Can't wait to see what Drew does next.

Pfhor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing but love for you Drew. You've been one of my favorites since you first started showing up on camera and you will be missed! I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the meme isn't it! It is the meme's fault!

Mendelson9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackno99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say "good luck" but Drew is a fucking pro. Put your shades on.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

I wish you all the best, Drew! It's sad to see my favorite staff member go, but I will definitely keep an eye on where you go next. Thank you for being an inspiration, your wit, your amazing hair, and of course, all your contributions to Giant Bomb!

We're gonna miss you. Good luck, and again, thanks for everything, Drew! o7

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

This is a bummer, but it makes sense. It's kind of crazy that these guys have been working together all of these years, especially when you see the amount of turnover at other sites. Drew always brought his own flavor to videos or podcasts he was on and I really appreciated it. He also has a really good sense of humor. Drew is legitimately funny. Sometimes it's just the stuff he says and no one notices. Don't worry, Drew, I noticed!

Good luck with everything Drew!

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to miss you Drew. Excited to see what's next. <>