Bombcrew opinion you vehemently disagree with.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Wondering what crew member opinion you strongly disagree with.

For example, I really don't agree with Brad saying Red Dead Redemption is this gen's best game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I don't agree with Jeff saying Red Dead is bad. Funny because he likes GTA IV so much. Listen to the GOTY when he picked GTA IV so hard, really funny. I guess he hates westerns that much.

Red Dead is my favorite game of the gen hands down so I'm with Brad.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#3  Edited By Kidavenger

I get really ticked off when they shit all over Android, it's clear that none of them have spent a reasonable amount of time with one in years.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By renmckormack

Yea Jeff saying Red Dead is bad. FILLED ME WITH WHITE HOT RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111!!!!!!

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By liquiddragon

@ArtisanBreads: I see. I'm kinda with Jeff on that one. GTA IV came out earlier in the cycle and a lot of its flaws were more forgivable.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

Another vote for Jeff saying Red Dead is bad.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Anund

Two things. The first is when they criticize PSN for hiding anything behind a paywall while accepting that Live hides freakin' multiplayer behind one. Admittedly they have gotten better about this.

The second was the way they dismissed Mafia II because it was not a GTA clone. Still bothers me. Admittedly it seems almost everyone did the same thing. I really liked that game for what it was.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By JohnDudebro

Popeyes is delicious.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Anund

@Kidavenger said:

I get really ticked off when they shit all over Android, it's clear that none of them have spent a reasonable amount of time with one in years.

Oh yes, this too. This may seem shallow, but the Apple worship is actually why I stopped listening to the Tested podcast x.x

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@liquiddragon said:

@ArtisanBreads: I see. I'm kinda with Jeff on that one. GTA IV came out earlier in the cycle and a lot of its flaws were more forgivable.

I find it funny because I think Red Dead was an improvement in all areas:

Better gameplay, better story, better art, better graphics

I guess if the west isn't your thing that's fine. Red Dead's only flaw was pacing issues but that's an open world and Rockstar open world problem. GTA IV had worse pacing issues.

Undead Nightmare is also the best DLC of the gen.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By BisonHero

I strongly disagree with Patrick giving away some of the best moments of Shut Up & Jam Gaiden instead of saying like, one particular joke or story detail and leaving it at that. For a podcast that so vehemently kept saying "You should play Saints Row The Third", he sure leaped into demotivating any of them to ever play it.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By YI_Orange

I can see why Jeff doesn't like Red Dead. I never finished because I got bored somewhere in Mexico. Bored to the point of even fast traveling feeling like a hassle. Maybe I'm just not into Rockstar's writing though. I never finished GTA IV, and when I played GTA III and Vice City I didn't really care about the stories, I was at the age where I just liked blowing shit up.

To answer the question, nothing really comes to mind. I disagree with them on stuff, and wish they would pay more attention to certain things, but nothing I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN DOING?!" about. Except maybe not giving Missile a nod for best new character of that year. That was some straight bullshit(though I know none of them played enough Ghost Trick, which is part of it. Ghost Trick was fantastic)

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Jeff shitting on Red Dead, especially when he loves GTAIV so much. Red Dead has better shooting, controls, graphics, story, setting and characters.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Animasta

@BisonHero said:

I strongly disagree with Patrick giving away some of the best moments of Shut Up & Jam Gaiden instead of saying like, one particular joke or story detail and leaving it at that. For a podcast that so vehemently kept saying "You should play Saints Row The Third", he sure leaped into demotivating any of them to ever play it.

it's been years, if they weren't going to play it then... any of them could've spoken up.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#15  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It always irks me when they speak about the kinds of games I like (insert RPG or strategy game here) as if they were impenetrable and only for crazy people, but I've gotten used to it by now.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By GunstarRed

Jeff has said some crazy things about the Ratchet games in the past... Jeff has has said some crazy things about a lot of games.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BisonHero

@Animasta said:

@BisonHero said:

it's been years, if they weren't going to play it then... any of them could've spoken up.

To his credit, he did warn that he was going to spoil a bunch of it. Still, he could've tantalized the crew with one or two examples, and then maybe roped them into a doing an incredibly after-the-fact Quick Look of the game.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bane122

That Mark of the Ninja fixed stealth somehow. A 2D stealth game is hardly comparable to a 3D one. MotN, while a good game, doesn't try to do half the stuff MGS does (can't speak to SC, haven't played one in years).

Stealth's not broken, they just don't like it.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ares42

Anytime they're pandering to try to seperate themselves from crazy people on the the internet. There was just so many episodes last year of them trying to be "reasonable" about things and taking it too far the other direction. Like crappy DLC, which they have always downplayed yet they named it the worst thing in the industry last year, or the entire violent videogames thing during E3 yet we hear them relishing the violence in QLs like todays Anarchy Reigns.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By pr1mus

All of what Patrick says all the time.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zeik

Pretty much their entire attitude toward Japanese games.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By Atlas

The dislike of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion expressed by Vinny at various stages during podcasts and by Brad in 2011 GOTY discussions. Somehow, he got it in his head that Oblivion was hot garbage while Skyrim iterated and refined it to perfection, despite the fact that they are, in many ways, very similar and both completely amazing in their own ways.

And yes, Jeff is wrong about RDR. Also Jeff said on a podcast in discussing ME3 that ME2 is probably the best game of the generation. I strongly advise anyone who feels this way to go back and play it again - it was totally gripping and epic when I rushed through it first time, but second time through you realise just how flat so much of the design of that game is. Not that it's bad - it's extremely good - but best of the generation? Better than BioShock, or Skyrim, or RDR? Hell, I actually think ME1 is a better game in many respects.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By izzygraze

I disagree with Jeff and Brad on most things. Ex: I really like Super Smash brother melee and believe that there is some skill associated with it. I also like kart racers.

Also, I like Minecraft.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@BisonHero said:

This part of the Bombcast also annoyed me because after a while it was what is the point? You are just saying everything that happens and no one else has anything to say in response. It was weird.

I'm usually fine with spoilers if they give you a heads up but like in this instance there was literally no point to it at all. Not saying it was malicious or something it was just dumb.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I don't side with Jeff on the whole Red Dead thing, but I don't think it's particularly enthralling either. I generally disagree about how amazing ME2's design is touted as - it's a fantastic game sure, but chest-high walls => morally binary choice => more chest-high walls does not result in the "best design of the generation."

I disagree about the Patrick thing as well. If it's a truly funny portion of the game, experiencing it myself shouldn't devalue it because I've heard the joke before. I downloaded it immediately after hearing him talk about it, despite knowing things like Ghost Dad and Neo-New York already. I dunno, maybe I just don't give a shit about joke "spoilers."

@ArbitraryWater said:

It always irks me when they speak about the kinds of games I like (insert RPG or strategy game here) as if they were impenetrable and only for crazy people, but I've gotten used to it by now.

Yeah. It's also worse when they stress how keerazy Civ is and how 'difficult' games like XCOM and Dark Souls are.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#26  Edited By rjayb89

I like Combos. Only me and Vinny get Combos, man. We understand them.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By yetiantics

Nights into Dreams is not that bad.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By MudMan

@ArtisanBreads said:

@BisonHero said:

This part of the Bombcast also annoyed me because after a while it was what is the point? You are just saying everything that happens and no one else has anything to say in response. It was weird.

I'm usually fine with spoilers if they give you a heads up but like in this instance there was literally no point to it at all. Not saying it was malicious or something it was just dumb.

You know what? Screw that nonsense. We fret about spoilers way too much. More so on a freeware game that has been around for a while and has a sequel coming up.

We're really becoming this and I don't like it:

Anyway, on topic, I disagree with a LOT of stuff the guys say, I rage about nothing. It's really, really pointless. No surprises here, I also disagree with the Internet at large often and have my share of unpopular opinions (Bayonetta sucks! The Vita actually had a very decent first year of software! On disc DLC makes perfect sense!), so who cares? I can give it as well as I take it.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Branthog

Not only do I agree with everything everyone on the Bombcast says -- I derive all of my opinions in life from them.

His brain has not only been washed, as they say... It has been dry cleaned.

evanbower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By evanbower

@ArtisanBreads said:

@BisonHero said:

Haha yeah.. it really was, "So there is this really funny, free (right?) game, now sit here while I describe every joke for you."

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Atlas said:

And yes, Jeff is wrong about RDR. Also Jeff said on a podcast in discussing ME3 that ME2 is probably the best game of the generation. I strongly advise anyone who feels this way to go back and play it again - it was totally gripping and epic when I rushed through it first time, but second time through you realise just how flat so much of the design of that game is. Not that it's bad - it's extremely good - but best of the generation? Better than BioShock, or Skyrim, or RDR? Hell, I actually think ME1 is a better game in many respects.

I've gone through ME1 and ME2 at least 3 times each. Two of which were in the past year and I agree that ME2 is way better than ME1.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@SirOptimusPrime said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Yeah. It's also worse when they stress how keerazy Civ is and how 'difficult' games like XCOM and Dark Souls are.

Also: all stealth games were always bad. Everyone thought so.

@NoelVeiga said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@BisonHero said:

You know what? Screw that nonsense. We fret about spoilers way too much. More so on a freeware game that has been around for a while and has a sequel coming up.

Did you read my post at all? The point is he was spoiling things and there wasn't even a point. There was no discussion.

daggon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By daggon55

Several times Brad has claimed that Snap Shot is essential for snipers in X-Com. He is completely wrong, Squad Sight is way better.

Curse him.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Dark Souls I suppose (eh not really that much, I just wanted there to be a badly informed argument about it in the GoTY casts last year), but for the most part it is the lack of an opinion or the regurgitation of other opinions that bothers me (praise of D3, barely anyone playing Witcher 2, praise of Skyrim). On the other hand I love that they occasionally embrace things that are uncommonly talked about, like Jeff calling attention to Drox Operative.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@daggon55

Several times Brad has claimed that Snap Shot is essential for snipers in X-Com. He is completely wrong, Squad Sight is way better.

Curse him.

That's one that I just chock up to play style. I personally have no idea why someone would sacrifice 20 aim on a sniper so he can move and shoot but maybe Brad plays more run and gun than I do. Still seems INSANE to me.
AyKay_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AyKay_47

Whenever one/some of them start unleashing vicious diarrhea on something, be it games, food, "lol the internet", or just about anything, really. More often than not this is Jeff and Patrick's domain, such as the whole Red Dead thing or something like Patrick's thoughts on Chrono Cross and the new Twisted Metal being "dog shit". There's something to be said for the expression "if you ain't got nothin nice to say, then don't say fuck all" or however that goes.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By TwoLines

The Android hate is a little weird. Yeah, it's inferior in many ways, but it's superior in others. I kinda don't get all the Apple love.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rafaelfc

That PS+ is a superior service compared to xbox Live just because it gives out a few free games, while ANYTHING ELSE it's supposed to do is significantly worse by comparison.

But hey, Steam already proved that people overlook a shit-metric-ton of crap if you give them a couple free things...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@AyKay_47: Chrono Cross, not a good game. Though quite possibly the best soundtrack ever produced and kind of worth playing just for that and the NG+ mechanic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV-FvxoR1PQ

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By TheHT

@JohnDudebro said:

Popeyes is delicious.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42  Edited By granderojo

@BisonHero said:

I hate this sort of mentality. The bombcrew needs to talk about games as they play them because that's when they have the passion. It's the sort of mentality that get people complaining about spoilers that hold the bombcast back from it's potential.

As for an opinion I vehemently disagree with. I can't really think of one. I was quite disappointed that Alex was not as hype on Sleeping Dogs as Vinny.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Petiew

I disagree with Patrick's apparent hatred of FF9. Although his well developed argument conisting only of "Fuck that game" almost won me over.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By C0V3RT

The Majora's Mask hate. Forget being the best Zelda game... Majora's Mask is maybe one of the best video games ever made. Maybe.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Branthog

@TheHT said:

@JohnDudebro said:

Popeyes is delicious.

Popeyes and Del Taco are both nasty as shit. Especially Del Taco. It looks like actual feces and tastes like what I imagine feces would taste like (sorry, I've never eaten shit -- only drank piss).

truckington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By truckington

Patrick's random extreme vitriol at things with little to no explanation. Hating on android when none of them appear to have used it recently or at all.

Guestuse1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Guestuse1111

@Pr1mus said:

All of what Patrick says all the time.

I heard that Patrick said you are a nice person.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I dislike GTAIV and I love Red Dead Redemption, so that.

byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By byterunner

The, I hate many things about Patrick and Brad Thread....Cool

Honestly, the only thing I ever got irked about is the android hate.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By superfriend

Irrational hate for any game kinda worries me. I actively hate a lot of games, but I always have my reasons for doing so. I have played them, sometimes even a long time before passing judgement.

Some of the hate from the bombcrew seems irrational to me because I don´t get where it´s coming from. Red Dead for example- I´m sorry but if somebody wants to call that game "bad" he or she better have some good reasons for doing so. Otherwise it´s just kinda irrational- and wrong.

Oh and Patrick hates FF9? I never got that from him.. did he mention that on a bombcast?