WiredFolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By WiredFolf

Sergei Dekker : "I'll see your friend in hell..."

John Mullins : "Say hi to him for me." *Shoots down an industrial rigging, cutting Sergei in half*

- Soldier of Fortune

And of course...

Sovereign : "...You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it..."

- Mass Effect

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#103  Edited By Dagbiker
No Caption Provided
confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By confusedowl

So I guess I'd become what they wanted me to be, a killer. Some rent-a-clown with a gun who puts holes in other bad guys. Well that's what they had paid for, so in the end that's what they got. Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for, and these chumps had paid for some angry gringo without the sensibilities to know right from wrong. Here I was about to execute this poor bastard like some dime store angel of death and I realized they were correct, I wouldn't know right from wrong if one of them was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister...

-Max Payne 3

Kovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By Kovie

Has anyone made the Cave Story joke yet? If not, then that's my answer.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Acura_Max

Kitty got Wet!

-Nathan Drake

vasylkoB317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By vasylkoB317

"You win again technology"- Captain Qwark

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@awesomeusername said:

Quotes are in bold. The whole ending scene from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. That whole scene is just fantastic.

"All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

-Cave Johnson, Portal 2

everything from Portal 2.

This.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By VisariLoyalist

In Far Cry 3

Innocent villager "the lilies are in bloom" - proceeds to be murdered viciously by a crocodile.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#110  Edited By egg

"You failed humanity... Nice job!"

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Jagged85
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#112  Edited By Snail

"Yes."

- Captain Falcon

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By panvixyl

"Who turn out de lightsss!?"

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Maajin

"Jammin'!"

-ToeJam

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By cthomer5000

There was a line in Catherine that got an 'oh..shit!' reaction out of me. Minor spoilers ahead....

It was during the confrontation, and Catherine said "If you work hard enough to get something, you'll get it. Well, he worked me hard and he got me."

I was impressed that the game was so adult in tone. It was turning point in the game, and it's the type of line that would have led to a similarly hair-pulling type cat-fight in real life. I was caught off guard by how genuinely adult and edgy the writing was there. Excellent translation work too, i assume. I doubt the expression would translate literally.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By jerseyscum

"Do you ever ask what it's all for? The surveillance, the police, the shoot-on-sight laws? Is that freedom?"- (Leo Gold) Deus Ex

"Do you not trust the feelings of the flesh? Our biology yearns to join with yours. We welcome you to our mass. But you puzzle us. Why do you serve our mother? How can you choose cold metal over the splendor of the flesh? But you fear us. We hear your thoughts, and they rage for your brothers who you believe dead. But they are not. They sing in our symphony of life. We offer another chance to join us. If you choose to lie down with the machine, we will rend you apart, and put you separate from the joys of the mass." (The Many) System Shock 2

"Courtney Sheldon was a corpsman, Roy. He served his country! He went out with a medical kit and an Army .45 and into places that made the Valley of Death look like a picnic. He was either naive enough or dumb enough to get involved in the Suburban Development Fund along with the mayor, D.A., Monroe, and a certain crooked cop. He was involved in the morphine heist, but he has a puncture wound in his jugular, which makes it a murder case. He was a better man than you'll ever know. You say one more word about him and I will BLOW YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF!"

: (Cole Phelps) LA Noire

"Look at me, I'm standing in a nightclub, listening to music I can't stand, I'm five thousand miles from home, I'm armed and I'm drinking. You don't want to listen to advice from me, amigo."- Max Payne 3

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Winternet

So, I'm just gonna drop some Max Payne quotes all willy-nilly over here:

"The sun went down with practiced bravado. Twilight crawled across the sky, laden with foreboding." (what does that even mean? I don't know, but it's awesome)

"I might have laughed, if I had remembered how."

"On a night like this you couldn't help but think of the dark army of dead men, sleeping with the fishes, cement shoes in line. No minotaur lurked in this labyrinth, but somewhere out there, on the clanking deck of his cargo freighter, the skipper of the Charon was waiting, like the ferryman of the river Styx." (Damn, Max. Damn.)

"You'd find that Lady Luck was really a hooker, and you were fresh out of cash." (How awesome is this one?)

"He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any."

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By mandude

@Winternet: These are all awesome. They must have had staff there whose sole duty it was to write this stuff all day.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Winternet

@mandude: Yep. And they did it again with Max Payne 2. Here are some of the best quotes from the second game:

"Everything had started out as black and white. Somewhere down the road, the line went blurry. The colors started to run, got smudged and gray."

"Kissing her, I think of the cold laws of cause and effect."

"The past is a gaping hole. You try to run from it, but the more you run, the deeper, more terrible it grows behind you, its edges yawning at your heels. Your only chance is to turn around and face it. But it's like looking down into the grave of your love, or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off." (this one makes me shiver when it's voiced during the game. So good)

"All this time we got the fable of Sleeping Beauty wrong. The prince didn't kiss her to wake her up. No one who slept for a hundred years is likely to wake up. It was the other way round. He kisses her to wake himself up from the nightmare that has brought him there."

"The past is a puzzle, like a broken mirror. As you piece it together, you cut yourself, your image keeps shifting. And you change with it. It could destroy you, drive you mad. It could set you free."

"The things that I want", by Max Payne. A smoke. A whiskey. For the sun to shine. I want to sleep to forget. To change the past. My wife and baby girl back. Unlimited ammo and a license to kill. Right then, more than anything, I wanted her."

"Like always, the dead had all the answers I was missing. It wasn't that they weren't eager to talk; quite the contrary, the dead had plenty to say and once they started, they would never shut up. Their words would keep you awake at night."

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#120  Edited By fraser
Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jagged85

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Jagged85 said:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Colonel: "I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

That shit legit freaked me out. I was playing late at night and at first I had no idea what was going on. So bizarre.

Indeed. It was so surreal and mind-boggling... One of the greatest moments in video game history!

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122  Edited By BabyChooChoo

"You exist because we allow it and you will end because we demand it." - Sovereign, Mass Effect 1

DrIntrovert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By DrIntrovert

"This is sickening, you sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!" - Kefka, Final Fantasy VI

"Well you found me. Congratulations. Was it worth it? Because, despite your violent behavior, the only thing you've managed to break so far is my heart." - Glados, Portal

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!" - Battle text, Earthbound

"OBJECTION! I object! That was... objectionable! - Miles Egdeworth - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

HP/MP restored! But you're still hungry... - Chrono Trigger, Future-health-restoring-machine-that-I-can't-remember-the-name-of

Also +1 on the Andrew Ryan speech from Bioshock.

Edit: added a quote

clush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By clush

Rise and shine, mr. Freeman. Rise and shine. - G-man, Halflife 2

You look like you need a monkey. - Street salesman, No One Lives Forever 2

Go for the eyes, Boo! - Minsc, Baldur's Gate

Shake it, baby! - Tanya, C&C Red Alert

Turn around, walk away, blow town. That would've been the smart thing to do. Guess I wasn't that smart. - Max Payne, Max Payne

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By iam3green

heavy rain, when jason leaves. jason, jaason JASSON. i remember just kept on pushing what ever button was to yell it.

shadowwolf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By shadowwolf9

Sovereign : We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

- Mass Effect

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Xtrememuffinman
ominousbedroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ominousbedroom

"Welcome to the Velvet Room."  
- Igor, SMT: Persona Series. 

EDIT: Forgot to add "Bitches." - Tohru Adachi, Persona 4.

mutantgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By mutantgenius

"Were it so easy"

-The Arbiter, Halo 3

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#130  Edited By recroulette

"A pro isn't someone who sacrifices himself for his job. That's just a fool."  
-Reno, Final Fantasy VII

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#131  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

"War, war never changes." -Fallout

"When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me... but they try." -Full Throttle

"My name is Larry. Larry Laffer. Heh heh!" -Leisure Suit Larry

"Run, you pigeons! It's Robert Frost!" -Grim Fandango

"So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato!" -Portal 2

"Nice view! Wanna make out? Two gruff military dudes in an elevator, snuggling out their troubles in a totally hetero way?" -Bulletstorm

"Take a lick on the salty taint of doom, you brain-dead biker whores!" -Also Bulletstorm. Can we just go ahead and include everything from Bulletstorm? Mmmkay. Thanks.