Have you ever bought the same game more than once? (Remastered included)

• 133 results
kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Edited By kaos_cracker

Poll Have you ever bought the same game more than once? (Remastered included) (516 votes)

Yes 98%
No 2%

So I been looking at games I have bought over time and noticed I end up re-buying games. Most of the time it is because I decided to play the game again on PC because of framerate. (i.e Dark Souls) There is also the remastered games I buy again. (i.e. The Last of Us, GTA V) There is also times when I sold a game then really wanted to replay it again, so I would just go buy it used, which is usually only a few bucks, but is still a dumb thing to do sometimes.

How many people are actually buying games again after they already owned it somewhere else, or bought it again because they sold it or something.

• 
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

Yes, but they are older games that I either lost the discs for, or a more modern compatible version became available of Steam or GOG.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Basically any game I had prior to Steam I've bought again in sales when it's on Steam & then all the multiple copies from Humble Bundle & a few games on GOG.

A few off the top of my head: Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 1, 2, 3 ,4, San Andreas, Vice City, Carmageddon 1 & 2, Tie Fighter, Batman Arkham Asylum/City, Guacamelee, Limbo, X Com Enemy Unknown.

Hm, I guess all the Genesis/Megadrive games that are on PC now count as well right.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Once. I bought Battlefield 3 twice. On PC right away because that's actually where a person would want to play a Battlefield game. And then again to play some with friends that didn't have PCs capable of running the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many many games. Mostly on different platforms. The one I am most "ashamed" of is RE6. Well, not really that game is an alright shooter with a shit ton of content.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O yeah many times, some I get because I love the game so much that even little changes its an excuse to replay it. I own 3 diferent versions of Majoras Mask and OoT, 4 versions on RE4 on 4 diferent sistems and 100% all of them. Some times I do wait on the remasters instead of getting the vanilla ver. Ever since they anounced diablo 3 I waited for the console ver,I never got the last of us when it came out and I sold my copy of GTA5 since I had it but never played it. Now I own all of them in my PS4 and it was great.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have every version of street fighter 4 on every platform it's available on.

Getting Ultra on PS4, too.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#107  Edited By egg

Yes, a few. F-Zero GX, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Heroes, and Shadow the Hedgehog come to mind. Mostly it's because I sold my Gamecube and didn't need my games anymore, but eventually ended up getting a Gamecube again so I needed some of those games back. (but I recently got rid of my Gamecube again and all the games)

I bought a few Command & Conquer games several times, so me and my brother could play LAN, or on the internet simultaneously against other players. The great thing about C&C games though is that each game came with two discs which counts as two copies since you're allowed to put each on a different PC. However the expansions are just a single disc, so I got two copies of Red Alert Yuri's Revenge so we could both play the expansion. I think I might have bought a 2nd copy of Tiberian Sun also because it was on clearance and came with the Firestorm expansion pack.

But if we're talking about much more recently, I got a used copy of Ace Combat Joint Assault on ebay, I think this was back in 2010 when the game first came out. Just last week, I bought the game from PSN, and gave my physical copy to someone else.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently that's all I've been doing... which is sort of depressing.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#109  Edited By KaneRobot

Maybe once or twice as far as straight up same game. I know I got rid of Burnout Revenge when they turned the servers off, but then bought it again (used) when the servers were turned back on.

But I've bought remastered/HD versions of stuff many times.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110  Edited By GaspoweR

@viciousbearmauling said:

I have every version of street fighter 4 on every platform it's available on.

Did you also didn't get the 3DS, iOS and Android versions, too? :D

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#111  Edited By Jeust

I bought two copies of:

• Alan Wake (Xbox 360 and PC);
  • Dead Space (PC and Xbox 360);
  • Silent Hill 2 (PS2 and PS3);
  • Fallout 3 (Xbox 360 and PS3).

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: I have the frame data app on my phone (android) and my wife's phone (iOS) and the 3DS version. Don't underestimate my inappropriate purchasing decisions.

SupberUber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By SupberUber

Very few, but, yes, it happens.

Bought Metal Gear Solid 3 when it came out, then bought the HD collection on the Vita.

Majora's Mask on 64 and 3DS.

2 special ones that comes to mind.

Edit

I tend to avoid "new" ones where the only change is the resolution, unless it's the only way to play it on my modern devices.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By dourin

I think my current record for most bought game is FFVII at 5 purchases. Bought the ps1 discs 3 times, psn copy, new pic copy from square-Enix. Sadly, I plan to buy it 2 more times, once on ps4 and again on of to have a steam copy. I also own the old eidos-developed pc discs, but never could get them to work on my machine.

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a few copies of MGS Legacy Collection with art book

NTSC-U and J copies of Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magic Knight Rayearth, Mega Man X 4, Guardian Heroes

Ikaruga for Steam and Gamecube

I am sure there are plenty more.

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Newfangled

Okami, Okami HD. I can honestly say that's the only repurchase I've ever made, thankfully. I may pick up SoTC and Ico at some stage (SoTC is justifiable, as frame rate was an issue in the original), but otherwise I think it's a waste of money.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By nasp

lots of times.there are times i sold a game and wanted to replay it,so i bought it again.there are old games i wanted to replay,so i bought the games and the console to play them.i like to have the complete editions because i want the dlc on disc to play forever,so i buy all of the GOTY editions for games i like.so yeah,i have done it alot.however,ive gotten to the point where i just buy a game and if i like it i keep it,and ive bought most of the older stuff i wanted to play,so i probably wont be rebuying stuff that much anymore.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: Just buy the iOS and Android versions too so you can get that warm fuzzy feeling of absolute completeness... :3

...and then proceed to delete them so they don't take up space. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yes I've done the sell a game and end up buying it again a few times. On a slightly different note: I really want to play Red Dead again so I'm thinking of buying a PS3 so I can replay it; originally beat it on 360, now I have a Ps4 and would prefer having the trophies if I had to buy a system just to play it again. I would also be able to replay GTA 4 and play the Mass Effect trilogy for the first time. Should I buy a Ps3? I already have a shit ton of games to get through.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many many older games I've bought several of from either not having the copy anymore or wanting a digital copy so that I could either put the console away or not have to worry about discs becoming damaged. However the most blatant one that I still feel sorta weird about is buying Titanfall on PC and playing a bunch of it until the community disappeared (also partly due to the matchmaking at the time) and then buying a copy for Xbox One to see if it was any better.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost every half decent game i bought on consoles i ended up buying the PC version of if possible, after Steam brought the PC market back to life. I'm very frame rate concious so seeing things running better than before is great.

I bought the special edition of Tekken Tag 2 online, when it didn't show up on launch day i ran to the store to buy a standard copy to fill the gap, when i discovered the UK wasn't getting any of those pre order characters (which all became available for free later) i bought the codes for them on ebay for stupid prices, then when the game became availble digitally i bought that too, then when i finally got a PS3 i got it on that... i own 4 copies of Tekken Tag 2.

Spagooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That god damn Diablo 2 Battle chest.

getsomegoagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, many! A few off the top of my head:

- Couple Quake titles. Played all on PC originally, later got Quake 4 (which also included Quake 2 as a bonus) for Xbox 360 and also Quake Arena Arcade, which is basically a slightly stripped Quake 3 for console.

- Half-life 2 originally on PC, later got Orange Box for 360.

- Blood, originally on an old PC that died. Could not find original disc later so I got it again on a cheapie sale online for the new rig.

- Doom 3. PC, later the BFG edition for 360.

- Serious Sam 1 and 2, PC and later 360.

- Diablo 2 with Lord of Destruction expansion. Played it once through solo. Daughter LOVED the game so I gave it to her. Later in life got a hankering to play again so I bought another for myself.

There are more but my brain is tired today :-)

bavelb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By bavelb

Yup, top of my head:

Link to the past,

Mario Bros 2

Mario Bros 3

Super Mario world

Ocarina of time

Windwaker

Metroid Prime trilogy

Bayonetta 1

Fallout 1, 2 and 3

Fallout New Vegas

Broken Sword (about 6 times now)

Broken Sword 2

Probably plenty more I forgot... and Dark Souls 2 will follow on the rerelease.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By NTM

Yes, a bunch of times. For instance, I have all the Bioshock games on every console minus the IOS version of the original, and 360 version of Bioshock 2, it's not really noting as special, because there are more, though the list I don't feel like going through.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As of this moment, no.

McGray90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By McGray90

I bought GTA V twice. Got it for 360 when it first came out, then about 2 weeks later I found it for £25 so bought it on PS3 so I could play online with my housemate.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own SF4 on ps3, 360, and pc. Same with SSF4, Arcade Edition, and Ultra SF4. Including DLC costumes, I have spent a shitload on SF4. Can't wait for SFV.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Budwyzer

Torrents don't count, right? You did say "bought".

Also, my wife's purchases are separate from mine. Just because she bought Kingdom Rush on the ipad and then I bought it on PC, well that's just different.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

I'm an absolute sucker for this. Admittedly, some of it is justified with me getting digital "backups" of my old PC games on GOG, but once we get past that things start getting into stupid territory. Por Exemplo: Why do I own Resident Evil 2 on both the N64 and GameCube? Why do I have Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga on both steam and GOG even though I played it on 360 and sort of hated it the first time? Did I really like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning enough to buy it again on Steam?

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure I own every single version of Metal Gear Solid 2-4 that has been released in the U.S. as well as Street Fighter 4.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#132  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Oh, I'm the worst about this. I do it mostly so I have more than one source to play it or because I've lost disks, but I've had Steam fever more than a few times and wound up buying games a couple of times when I really didn't need to.

jfunkhouser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol. Yes. List is too long to make a list.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of my past purchases have been PC versions of console games (damn you Steam sales).

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Borderlands 2

Valkyria Chronicles

Bioshock

Fallout 3

Burnout Paradise

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Saints Row 2

Saints Row 3

Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast

System Shock 2

Age of Empires 2

And this doesn't count all those arcade classics I've bought through the years.