In light of this news, does the site continue?

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It will go on.

For one thing, CBS owns Giant Bomb. Jeff doesn't. So as long as the brand name is profitable, it will go on.

But more than that, I think he would want it to go on.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

We all know that Jeff is more than capable of being the regular host of the site, I guess it's whether or not he'd really want to.

I could understand it going either way, Jeff must be going through some shit right now. E3 season is going to seem really weird as he'll associate it with the deaths of his father and Ryan :/

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

We love you Ryan

ScrambledGregs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Ryan would not want the site to end. Period.

I think it will take some time for everyone to get over this, and things will undoubtedly change a great deal, but this isn't the end of Giant Bomb.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not to be that guy, but it doesn't really seem the time to be having this conversation. It's just not important at all right now.

I'd implore people to show so restraint and resist speculating about 'what this means' for a few days. What this means is that a man has lost his life, a woman has lost her husband and these guys have lost a friend. That's all that matters right now.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GIANT BOMB IS STILL A THREAT

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm legitimately scared about the future of the site, after losing Dave, Patrick moving away, and now, Ryan was taken away from us. I don't know what will happen.

But I know Ryan, literally, put every bit of his life into this site, and wouldn't want it to go away any time soon.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'll push on. They'll make it, but it will never be the same. Obviously everyone he knew is deeply affected by this, but I keep coming back to Jeff in my mind. We all know they were such close friends, colleagues, business partners. I can't imagine what's happening with him right now, or how he sees the future. And Jeff is so utterly integral to this site.

Uppercaseccc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can never replace Ryan but like the endurance run, TnT, E3 live, the podcast, and everything else NOTHING STOPS GIANTBOMB

shrinerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LOVE the fact that everyone here thinks GB will go on. But let me ask this, If I ask, "Is it still Giant Bomb without Ryan Davis?" and you had to think for even a split second before answering yes, then I think that means something. Sure, the site will continue, which I pray it does. But who is going to stand there with a straight face and say it's the same 'ole Giant Bomb?

Wondeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's to raw for us to imagine how the site will continue. It is true that things will never be the same and there will be a massive void, but the guys will find a way to make it work. What's important now is that they all take as much time as the need and don't feel pressure to produce content immediately... I can't imagine how the guys are feeling right now... Long live giantbomb and all that Ryan worked to create!

ElectricViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#62  Edited By ElectricViking
KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

No fucking way in hell would every else give up that easily. I know it's kind of a cheesy thing to say, but Ryan would absolutely want the site to continue without him. I honestly don't know what I would do without GB. It's a scary thought...

SparkleMotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why people think that the site will not go on. I mean, the site isn't a hobby for them. It's their job. They get paychecks. Are they supposed to just find another job?

fishburger7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KEEP BOMBING

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure the loss will be felt for a long time and there will be some kind of transitional period in the near future, but they're not all going to just give up their jobs over this. Beyond anything like honoring Ryan's legacy, this is what they do. They're not just going to give this all up and find a different job. Especially since it's unlikely most of them would find a job anything as good as they've got now. Not to diminish the great loss of all this, but people lose friends and family all the time. It sucks, but eventually you move on and get back to your life.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to say they have to do anything, but I know that Ryan would want the show to go on.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nothing stops the game room quick look.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#69  Edited By StarvingGamer

People need jobs.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#70  Edited By Bollard

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN OF LIFE

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@milkman said:

You think they'll go down that easy?

This. The show must go on. This is a tragedy, but nothing stops Giant Bomb. Ryan wouldn't want Jeff and the crew to call it quits. He'd openly mock them for even considering it.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Considering Giant Bomb's origins of just two or three dudes doing podcasts in Jeff's house, I seriously doubt the site will end.

As long as video games exist, Jeff, Brad, Vinny and Patrick will still be around. Even if it's not under the "Giant Bomb" label, it will still go on.

Because Ryan would want it that way

NOTHING STOPS THE BOMB MOTHERFUCKER! .

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#73  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I would hope so.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By Monkeyman04

NOTHING STOPS THE ENDURANCE RUN MOTHERFUCKERS!

Damn you @chavtheworld for beating me to it.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way in hell it would go away

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zeik

@shrinerr said:

I LOVE the fact that everyone here thinks GB will go on. But let me ask this, If I ask, "Is it still Giant Bomb without Ryan Davis?" and you had to think for even a split second before answering yes, then I think that means something. Sure, the site will continue, which I pray it does. But who is going to stand there with a straight face and say it's the same 'ole Giant Bomb?

No, it won't be the same. And not to make them sound equivalent, but the site won't be the same without Patrick in the office either. It hasn't been quite the same since Dave left. It hasn't been the same since they went back to Gamespot. There will always be change, and while this is the absolute worst kind of change, it's not something that they cannot overcome with time.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Of course GB continues. Do you think the multi-billion dollar CBS corporation is going to shut down something they paid a lot of money to buy a year ago because one of their employees passed?

My only concern is how the site will evolve. I really like the duders. All of them. Sincerely. I just don't know how it carries onward with the same impact and flavor without Ryan. As much as this was really sort of always "Jeff's site", Ryan was always the center. Of everything.

Skittlenizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's easier for us to think about things like this. But in all the chaos that must be happening right now for those more involved it is not really the time to be bringing this up.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#80 sweep  Moderator

If they close this shit down zombie Ryan is going to fucking murder everyone.

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been writing about video games for my entire adult life. It would be insane to stop now. - Jeff Gerstmann

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I feel like the last thing Ryan would want would be for anything to stop this crazy website, especially in light of this event.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#83  Edited By JasonR86

I don't think there's any question it will. The rest of the staff can, want, and probably should (as I doubt they are ready to retire yet) work. Just the nature of the site will change.

LongMasterWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff created the site. Jeff, will continue it. In his honor.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIANT BOMB IS STILL A THREAT

Hahahaha I think someone in the FBI had a minor heartattack

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#86  Edited By MocBucket62

Giant Bomb will continue. As heartbreaking as it is to have Ryan pass away, he would not want Jeff and the rest of the crew to just shut down the website.

ragintaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will never be the same, but it will keep going on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Ryan would really want it to go on. ONe of my first thoughts though was just how hard that might be, in so many ways. What a day...

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By aspaceinvader

Ryan would want it to continue. I think if he were alive the website closing down because one of our friends and crew has passed away would be upsetting not only to the fans but to the memory of the person who had passed away. He knows the website must continue it was something he enjoyed and I reckoned loved to do. Sad loss but the show must go on and I think Ryan would be very happy for it to continue.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#90  Edited By Brenderous

Giant Bomb will keep going.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ben_H

Of course it will. Why wouldn't it? It will be different but it will continue.

Drummerlp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though i don't feel this is the time to discuss things like this, i don't see this site going anywhere. Ryan's passing is a huge hit but they started from nothing and look at this website now. To even ask a question like this means you don't understand how hard everyone works at this site and their dedication. Will it hit a lull? Sure. But they will bounce back because EVERYONE, not just Ryan, are strong people with their hearts in the right place. They do this because they love it, they love what they have made and they won't just let this legacy die. Unfortunately they will all retire and pass away but that doesn't mean their legacy dies with them, they bring in new people, train them and i have faith that they will leave this website in good hands. So hopefully they do the right thing and continue. Hell, maybe even Vinny's son will work here one day if he wants to haha, carry his fathers torch. Anyways keep up the good work duders.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By shaunk

There is no doubt in my mind that the site will continue to go on and continue to be one of the best damn gaming sites out there.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95  Edited By ArtisanBreads

It's hard to say.

None of us can say what the guys will decide to do. I think they like working together, but they will deal with this how they will.

This could break something up, it has in the past. But either way Ryan meant a ton to the site and I think all of us who came here all the time.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"What you think is the end of the world is not actually the end of the world" -Ryan Davis 2013

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#97  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I sincerely hope it does. I really do.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#98  Edited By csl316

They built this site from scratch. It's slowly become a juggernaut with a good support structure. The crew is a scrappy bunch and will find a way to make it work.

As important as Ryan was, this is kind of a part of his legacy now. He put his heart and soul into it, and that work is why the site will be able to continue.

Loading Video...

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of you are getting a tad overdramatic. Yes Death sucks but if you're still alive you can't let someone's death, no matter how close, ruin your life. Everyone at Giant Bomb still needs a job and most of them are working their dream jobs. I know it's cliche to say and yes Ryan was a self-admitted dick, but even he wasn't a big enough dick to want his friends to give up everything they've worked so hard to achieve just because he died.