Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

Last night the latest version of the tvOS app worked great and was a much loved update. However, this morning the tvOS app and iOS apps stopped functioning.

No Caption Provided

kevwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#454  Edited By kevwn

@mathewballard: Same issue here. Just sent an email to support. The new update on tvOS seemed great from what I saw of it last night.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By mathewballard

@kevwn: I just got in contact with the developer of the tvOS app on Twitter. Happy-ish to see I'm not the only one.

avenged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#456  Edited By avenged

@mathewballard@kevwn I think you need to chat with a dev, its possible that your account was blacklisted for too many API requests. @wcarle@rorie Can you help out with this?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@avenged said:

@mathewballard@kevwn I think you need to chat with a dev, its possible that your account was blacklisted for too many API requests. @wcarle@rorie Can you help out with this?

Email ipbans@gamespot.com with your username and they should be able to look into this for you.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Sent. What kind of ETA should I expect?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mathewballard: I honestly don't know, sorry! I don't man that address. Hopefully within a day.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Would it be appropriate to bug you if I don't hear back by EOD tomorrow?

avenged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mathewballard In the meantime you could skip authentication in the tvOS app to access non-premium content.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By mathewballard

@avenged: I know. Unfortunately, its the premium content I want access to the most right now - gotta see whose sunshine was stolen today! But, that is ok. I can live with some Airplay action from my laptop for a day.

kevwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenged: just reinstalled the app and skipped authentication and it's still just a black screen with icons(search, home refresh) on top but no video thumbnails at all..

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenged: Are you the dev of this tvOS app? As far as I can tell something has changed with it that is causing people to get IP banned. Are you by any chance referencing our ad feed? That is the only thing I can find on our end that has changed recently.

avenged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie I am the dev, yes. I am not accessing the ad feed. Only thing I can think of would be that too many API requests for a particular user are going out causing the ban. When chatting with @wcarle about this a few weeks ago we didn't think it would be an issue. My personal account must be whitelisted as I have not been banned.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466  Edited By rorie

@avenged said:

@rorie I am the dev, yes. I am not accessing the ad feed. Only thing I can think of would be that too many API requests for a particular user are going out causing the ban. When chatting with @wcarle about this a few weeks ago we didn't think it would be an issue. My personal account must be whitelisted as I have not been banned.

Hmm, OK, I think he's out today but I'll see if I can bug him tomorrow, maybe.

ploonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having the same issue with the tvOS app as the other two folks. Waiting to hear back from the ipban gamespot team.

Shoegazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Want to chime in that the tvOS app stopped working for me last night as well, a few hours after the update. What I saw of it was fantastic though!

Avatar image for iouonegalaxy127
iouonegalaxy127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Also wanted to chime in and mention I'm having the same issue. Was really excited to see the new updates. I wrote to the email above. Hope it can get sorted out soon.

mathewballard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't heard back from IP Bans, however, my access appears to be back to normal. First noticed when the images were loaded into the Top Shelf. I then went through the authorization process and the app is currently working as expected. Video Buddy apps are also functioning as expected again without any changes on my end.

Shoegazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can confirm that things are working again for me as well.

ploonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m still banned. :(

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just keep in mind that the email is staffed by engineers, so you'll probably have to wait until 9-5 in some American timezone. Sorry for the trouble. Videos should hopefully work on the website in the meantime?

ploonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like I'm back. :)

iouonegalaxy127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still banned here unfortunately. No reply yet from ipbans@gamepot.com. Luckily site still works fine although I did have to do a captcha a couple of times which has never happened before.

iouonegalaxy127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Working for me again! Yay!

pedantics1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ATV4 app “works” for me, however the Apple TV screensaver now appears during playback, and it’s also getting my ip blocked (requiring captcha when logging into the site).

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#478  Edited By Y2Ken

I'm currently having an issue where the app closes every time I attempt to connect to Chromecast. I have tried uninstalling and redownloading the app, but am still encountering the same issue. Have used it with no trouble in the past, so I'm not sure what might have changed to cause this? (Running on Android, HTC 10)

Avatar image for vertebreaker2k1
vertebreaker2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ATV app (which was working for me last night) is now not functioning. I've also seen the captcha on the website at least a couple times since last night.

AdrianCase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m in the same boat, Apple TV app stopped listing things all of a sudden and then I find I’m IP banned, no reply from the ipbans@ account yet :(

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingdom Heartache 6 doesn't show up on my Latest menu, but shows up if I search for it.

sschulze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenged I saw that you said you were the developer above. I was wondering if there is any future chance of the app syncing with the website so that I can have all my watched/incomplete videos transfer from my phone (where I watch most videos) back to the website. Been watching a ton on the app (it's awesome, great work!) but it's a bit frustrating to not have that data tracked back to the website.

NHLmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I have this issue as well. Used the Apple TV app once and now it doesn't load anymore. Do I need to contact someone or are we just waiting on a fix?

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august said:

Kingdom Heartache 6 doesn't show up on my Latest menu, but shows up if I search for it.

Same thing with NHL 18.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485  Edited By august

Same thing with Six Crazy Frights.

zelah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six Crazy Frights is Missing this week from Latest, too

Windex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like all three episodes of Six Crazy Frights are missing from the Latest feed. Spooky.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this thing was an absolute treat to discover. Wish I’d found it earlier in my GB life.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any chance for PIP compatibility for iPad Pros? I use it all the time on other video apps, but since I mostly watch Giantbomb stuff I’d really love to have it.

panda21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this thing was an absolute treat to discover. Wish I’d found it earlier in my GB life.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any chance for PIP compatibility for iPad Pros? I use it all the time on other video apps, but since I mostly watch Giantbomb stuff I’d really love to have it.

yeah picture in picture would be super useful for the iPad.

jaklap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance of the app being updated for iPhone X screen soon? I love having the videos downloaded for the train rides to work.

espiox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Is this app ever getting updated again? This and Burger both seem to be abandoned :(

church95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, love the app! Just noticed something new, some unprofessional Friday’s don’t pop up unless searched and get a message on the latest unprofessional Friday saying I have to be premium to download the video, I am currently a premium subscriber, I tried logging out and back in and didn’t seem to fix the problem. Thanks for all the work and taking this upon yourself to make this available to your fellow duders

SpiralEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanted to confirm the latest Video Buddy problem also. My account was linked and attempted to download a premium video (e.g. latest VRodeo) when the message saying you must be premium flashed at the bottom. Doing a quick check, I logged on the website in a browser - no problem. Back to the app, I unlinked and linked back up yet still cannot download premium videos... Seems like something has changed in about the past 4-5 days..

cheezus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Same problem for me, I can watch premium content through the app and site, but any kind of download fails with the same pop-up..... weirdly I can download older premium vids, but anything recent like the new million dollar Abby etc doesn't work. Appreciate any fixes you duders can come up with!

CastorTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve been experiencing the same bug as @Cheezus mentioned. I can't seem download newer premium content on the app, but I can stream through the site. I logged out and logged back in the app with the /boxee code. No luck. Seems to be a bug, hopefully it gets addressed soon. Love using the app while on the go.

CastorTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading some more posts I figured I would try to download a non premium video. I tried downloading the quick look for Battletech and the same error pops up “premium subscription required to download, please log in if you are a subscriber”.

I also tried the City of Brass quick look and no luck.

I can’t view the website at the place I view giantbomb content most due to the site being restricted.

Please help! (Also, I believe it was mentioned in a UPF or podcast that the video buddy was not going to be as “maintained” as it was previously. I hope I am remembering incorrectly :(

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soup_menu@jeff

Any chance of this getting fixed? I donated at every level I could, and definitely feel like I've gotten my money's worth over the years. But this app and the service it provides has been a huge boon to making my premium membership worthwhile, and it would be huge shame to see it finally give up the ghost.

soup_menu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@august@castortroy@cheezus@spiraleye@church95: I just took a quick look and it appears that a number of recent videos don't have HD versions yet and, unfortunately, that can confuse the app a bit. Normally the API not including an HD link indicates that you don't have a premium membership, which is why the app would refuse to download them.

The good news is that as soon as the HD versions get posted those videos will become available for download. The bad news is that I'm not sure when that will happen. The HD version usually isn't too far behind the others though, so hopefully things will sort themselves out soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience, all.

cheezus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499  Edited By cheezus

Awesome, thanks for the update!

rkk667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points