Is your XB1X slow?

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By haneybd87

I was surprised to hear on the Bombcast that they were having problems with their XB1X’s dashboards being so slow. Just the other day I was thinking to myself how it’s so quick and snappy using the dashboard on the X. It’s fast right from a cold boot and from suspend and both my drives are almost full. The Games and Apps app is also pretty fast too. Is your XB1X also slow or is it quick and snappy like mine is?

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mine is mostly fine. occasionally it takes like 5 seconds to show all my games in the my games and apps section but nothing egregious. its by no means a great dashboard but its fine.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

It can be slow, yeah. It reminds me of a thread I made relatively recently about how you may want to plug the console into the wall as opposed to a surge protector. That said, I had it in the wall for two weeks or so and it slowed down, so I just went back to putting it in the surge protector. Also, if the system slows after a while, I always restart the system and it fixes it for some time. The games that I can install have recently (as of two days ago) been taking some time to load, unfortunately.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frytup

I'd call it hitchy rather than slow, but either way the Xbox UI team needs to put more time into performance improvements.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, I was kinda surprised how extreme they made it sound. Mine is totally fine 90% of the time.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah its totally fine for me

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

It can be slow, yeah. It reminds me of a thread I made relatively recently about how you may want to plug the console into the wall as opposed to a surge protector. That said, I had it in the wall for two weeks or so and it slowed down, so I just went back to putting it in the surge protector. Also, if the system slows after a while, I always restart the system and it fixes it for some time. The games that I can install have recently (as of two days ago) been taking some time to load, unfortunately.

This. Mine was a little slow on the dashboard, never really thought much about it until I saw the thread about putting it into wall. I haven't seen any slow-down since then.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's alright even if it isn't perfect. Restarting it can improve things sometimes. I wonder if the fact that I have more than 200 installed games slows it down or if it has nothing to do with it. Anyway my biggest grudge after the mandatory update before starting a game (non existant either on switch nor PS4) is the fact that sometimes a game won't even start and then a message indicating it took too long to start the game (What does that even mean!? it never happens on PS4 or Switch) is displayed, and then I try again and it works. It's baffling. If it wasn't for my achievements (I still like those) I would have given up this console entirely by now.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Dont plug it into a plug strip woth a surge protector it causes dashboard lag on boot up

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

It’s slower than it was when I first got it, and slower than it should be, but I wouldn’t classify it as straight-up slow.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ThePanzini  Online

I found little to no difference between the Xbox One and 1X the dash isn't slow but it stutters and hangs frequently it's never really felt great.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

This is still an issue even on the beefy-er hardware? That’s kinda sad and pathetic.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By haneybd87

Seem to be getting mixed answers here. I wonder what could be causing some people’s dashboard to be slow and others not? Something to do with internet connection? Older models slower for some reason?

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the system, but for whatever reason the dash runs like shit. I've read some delightful horror stories about memory failure and whatnot, and while I don't know if that's my issue, it still runs like poop regularly and almost always after a hard reboot (which it did itself in the night).