• 60 results
Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

It's definitely a 2v2 game based off of the trailer, right?

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@zelyre said:

@spaceinsomniac: PC and XBox versions coming in March.

SF5 is so bland that I'm actually more psyched to play UMVC3 again, on Steam.

Hope Infinite turns out good too though.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@zelyre said:

@spaceinsomniac: PC and XBox versions coming in March.

I'm fine with that, and happy for those who don't own a PS4. If I were Sony, however, I'd be livid.

AzureGale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By AzureGale
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

"exciting and accessible single player modes"

Oh ho ho.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Got to see the trailer now and feel 99% sure that Marvel has long hair so she can go super saiyan. The ending teaser is fun. It looks like Thanos because they pull this stunt for the marvel movies, but then eyes light up in his stomach, which makes me think Gurren Lagann is somehow getting in on this deal. Considering the universes are joining up to fight a "new threat", I suppose it's a combination of Thanos and a Capcom villain, though I wouldn't know who.

I think it's a pretty neat trailer, although Captain Marvel isn't building my hype levels too high personally. The fans have wanted Mega Man forever though, right? Even if they can't do X-Men, it seems decent of them to put out UMVSC3 on ps4 and give people Mega Man.

For now, I'm most skeptical about the infinity stones. I remember Street Fighter X Tekken, but only barely, to put it that way. Smart of them to explicitly state that it's gonna have the modes that SFV either didn't have until many months in or still don't have.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Yeah, they spent a bunch of money on SF didn't they? Huge bummer for them. I threw a PSPro in my Amazon cart and would have pulled the trigger - but I loaded up the Youtube trailer and saw the "Coming to PC March 2017".

@wynnduffy:Yeah. I have always been wanting a PC version after seeing SF on the PC. I played the crap out of MvC3 on the PS3, but always wished it was crisp.

sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now. Now's Marvel.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Loading Video...

I guess we are talking about this.

I will hold my hopes until I see some gameplay. It has potential, but everything at this point is speculation.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By hmoney001

So what if that rumor they got the movie actors to voice some of the marvel characters was true...

Robert Downey Jr. yelling proton canon would make my day.

Loading Video...

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ghost_cat

I'm getting some Injustice vibes from the gameplay trailer, which is weird but not a bad thing.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: I don't think that financial info regarding how much money Sony poured into SFV is out there, is it? I don't even think it'd necessarily have to be much, given that the deal put SFV in the promotional machine for the generation-leading console (by a landslide no less) which was also far more likely to host the lion's share of their customer base, including the entire nation of Japan. You might even heap some of the blame on Sony for the way SFV rolled out, depending on the extent to which you consider them a "publisher" for the game, since a lot of its shortcomings are the sort that smack of an understaffed/underbudgeted game.

Regardless, I'm glad this one burnt all involved if it encourages console vendors to look inward with their publishing money instead of outward to snatch games away from their competitors' players. It seems like Microsoft and Square-Enix got burnt by the RotTR arrangement too, and I think Phil Spencer was talking about moving away from that kind of deal even before that game launched. I get that it's hard to find finance and promotional outlets these days for huge-risk big-budget AAA games, but it's sad for these kinds of games to take the exclusivity route, and it kinda means less games overall.

-----

On-topic, I'm a little more interested in MvCI than I thought I'd be. I vastly prefer the MCU look over the cheesy comic book look, and I usually like to go deep on one or two characters in a fighting game, so less characters and bullshit to learn before I can play a proper match is a win for me. I'm curious to see where the gameplay settles once people have had time to suss out the meta, I like a game with potent offense but I think MvC3 was silly.