• 60 results
Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zirilius

Seeing a lot of sites reporting that there may be a Marvel vs Capcom 4 announcement coming up in the next few days. While I am intrigued that this is a thing I'm not sure what my interest in this as a fighting game would be as my tastes in the genre has significantly changed.

What would you like to see out of the franchise if the rumor is true and who would you like to see in it?

I'm curious if Marvel as a game license still retains rights to the mutants and if they'll go more the Inhuman route. Personally on the Marvel side I'd like to see Captain Marvel, any Guardian of the Galaxy, and maybe lesser knowns like Angela or Iron Fist (since he does have a show next year).

Capcom side seems relatively static unless they are going to include a Dragons Dogma pawn or SF5 character.

Link to source

Ktargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A Monster Hunter/Palico. I don't even like Monster Hunter that much, I just feel like it is time that franchise is represented since it is so popular.

... and Mega Man

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah most sites are 'reporting' that it will do away with all Fox related characters(Deadpool, X-men, Fantastic Four etc) and focus more on characters within the MCU, which is understandable, but with the popualrity of Deadpool and Wolverine, that seems odd

That being said, its Moon Knight or bust for me

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd like it to ditch the overly stiff, cel-shaded graphics of 3 and look more like SFV.

I'd like Luke Cage and the other Netflix characters to appear.

Lots of costumes.

Shang Chi.

bson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica Jones \o/

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Redhotchilimist

We've talked about this in the general fighting game topic, and basically what they need to do to appeal to me(Who's a capcom fan, a marvel fan, and likes certain fighting games) is to make regular street fighter with these characters. And I can't imagine any fans of Marvl Vs Capcom wants that.

But characters we'd like to see... I could go for some God Hand representation after all these years. And I wouldn't mind a Dragon's Dogma character. I want to say they're masterworks all, you can't go wrong, but I guess the only possible choice is Mercedes. A shrunk-down Grigori would lose all the charm.

For Marvel characters, I want way more Spider-Man folks. I'm not keen on Green Goblin, mind. And I don't want any other spiders. Not Venom, not Miles Morales, not Spider-Gwen, not Scarlet Spider, not Silk, not Miguel O'Hara. But get some Sinister Six in there. I'd love to see Dr. Octopus. If it has to be MCU, then I'm down for some Loki and Malekith, just make it less alien Malekith and more bishonen harlequin Malekith.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asura would be cool in fact most of the characters in Ausra's Wrath should be in the game. In Marvels side I would like to see some strange characters like Squirrel Girl, Frog Thor,ect along with the normal character.

I'm actually happy that there will be no Xmen characters in the game time for some new team compositions.

CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a lack of X-Men to draw off of there are actually a lot of new characters for Marvel to tap:

Squirel Girl, Ms Marvel, SpiderGwen, Spider-Man (Miles Morales), New Thor (sorry, don't know her name)

And plenty of recently rebooted/refreshed characters:

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy (any of them)

My dream character would be a Jessica Jones who bashes people over the head with whiskey bottles and snuffs out cigarettes in peoples faces.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I like these types of fighting games get weird. Put the dumbest, weirdest characters in this game please. Ego, the living planet?

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a confirmed hoax btw from the dude who made it

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

G E N E. Make it happen Capcom.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping this is real because Street Fighter V being the "main" game of the fighting game community is depressing. I think it is a monumental step back from Street Fighter IV in almost every way.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a PC version so I can actually play it.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heard you talkin Mahvel.

No Caption Provided

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without mutants and the X-men it's not even worth considering for me. Same thing happened with GG and my fav characters getting bumped for XRD. I could let it slide on others not being there but without Testament I haven't even considered the game.

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gene from Godhand is all I really care about on the Capcom side, maybe Hayate or The Arisen.

Marvel side I really want Super Skrull to come back that guy was my jam.

If they nix mutants (which I don't think they will but they probably will reduce their numbers) we'll probably get Medusa, Ms. Marvel and the dark horse Lockjaw from the Inhumans.

I could see Venom/Carnage, Dare Devil, Ant Man or more likely Yellow Jacket, Gwenpool could replace Deadpool but I doubt it, Black Panther, maybe Bucky or Cap-Falcon, Thanos would be cool, and obviously Batroc the Leaper is a shoe in.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'll buy this game if Asura's in it.

Phil Coulson time?

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@csl316 said:

Phil Coulson time?

It's gonna be movie Zemo, just a regular dude with a gun and a bunch of words he can read to activate you.

Edit: You guys saying Gene. I'm with you up to a point, but how about...

No Caption Provided

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0 said:

Without mutants and the X-men it's not even worth considering for me. Same thing happened with GG and my fav characters getting bumped for XRD. I could let it slide on others not being there but without Testament I haven't even considered the game.

X-Men were in MVC3 even though they also didn't have the license back then, there's been some other Marvel mobile games with them too.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No wolverine? No thanks! ;-(

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get that they want to involve more of the MCU characters because of the movies, but c'mon. Wolverine, Magneto and the other popular X-Men are such beloved characters in those cross overs. It's going to be really disappointing if they are all being left out.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Savan from Dragon's Dogma. The dude you play in the prologue.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember wanting to get really into MvC3 and it just being so hard to wrap my head around.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By MocBucket62

OK, this was probably brought up before the release of MvC3, but since Disney owns Marvel and Capcom has a history of making Disney games, could a Disney character crash the MvC4 roster?

There's 1 Disney character that might have a better chance than many of us think, and that's Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales. Consider this, the Capcom side of the MvC3 roster has a good number of newcomers to the series from old Capcom IPs (Mike Haggar, Sir Arthur from Ghosts N' Goblins) and characters from the company's new IP's every since MvC2's release (Phoenix Wright and Viewtiful Joe). Ducktales Remastered came out in 2013, which was about 2 years after UMvC3 came out. If Capcom is gonna do a similar method of getting new fighters from games they've released since UMvC3, Scrooge could represent both retro Capcom and what the company has released this decade (Despite not actually being a Capcom character). Plus there is a new Ducktales cartoon that's planned to be released in 2017, which is when the rumored MvC4 is slated to come out. This could be a strange way to promote the cartoon if Scrooge has any shot of being in this rumored title. This is pretty crazy to consider, but it might happen.

I watched to this Maximilian Dood video about how this might actually be a MvC reboot rather than MvC4. That might explain the Marvel Cinematic Universe focus a little better, but the whole No X-Men rumor will make people slam Capcom like they did for not including any incarnation of Mega Man in UMvC3, even if its not entirely their fault that they can't include X-Men.

dartell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dartell

@mocbucket62:

Its hard to blame Capcom for not including X-men. I'm sure they are aware of how hype Mag is! I thought about a ducktales character coming through too, but I'm more excited for that hot Howard the Duck :D

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62: I think the fact that charcters are burned, maimed, stabbed, shot, and banished to the depths of hell make inclusion of a Disney character unlikely.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MocBucket62

@dartell: I should have stated that people will slam Disney and/or FOX for no X-Men, since FOX owns the movie rights the X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Also, the thought of a Disney cartoon character fighting someone like Nemesis from RE3 (assuming he's in the game) is way too far fetched, but who knows, maybe Scrooge and Howard the Duck get in as Duck DLC (somewhat kidding).

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be pretty stoked about Scrooge McDuck.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw... Marvel vs. Capcom. I'm not that into fighters anymore, but Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was one of those games I played a lot on Dreamcast. That said, I am more into Capcom vs. SNK; I think it makes more sense and is just cool to see those characters together.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Can't wait for the followup to the second-best fighting game of all-time! If we could basically get an evolution of MvC3 with some smarter tweaks to avoid infinites and maybe some concessions to the steep execution curve (just gimme an input buffer for links), I'd be happy as a pig in a thing that pigs enjoy being in. Oh get rid of TACs entirely pls.

Also gimme Wanda I don't really care what else. MonHun would be super cool too tho. Suuuper coooooooool.

@mocbucket62: Don't think the game will be called "Disney VS Capcom" :P

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, this was probably brought up before the release of MvC3, but since Disney owns Marvel and Capcom has a history of making Disney games, could a Disney character crash the MvC4 roster?

There's 1 Disney character that might have a better chance than many of us think, and that's Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales. Consider this, the Capcom side of the MvC3 roster has a good number of newcomers to the series from old Capcom IPs (Mike Haggar, Sir Arthur from Ghosts N' Goblins) and characters from the company's new IP's every since MvC2's release (Phoenix Wright and Viewtiful Joe). Ducktales Remastered came out in 2013, which was about 2 years after UMvC3 came out. If Capcom is gonna do a similar method of getting new fighters from games they've released since UMvC3, Scrooge could represent both retro Capcom and what the company has released this decade (Despite not actually being a Capcom character). Plus there is a new Ducktales cartoon that's planned to be released in 2017, which is when the rumored MvC4 is slated to come out. This could be a strange way to promote the cartoon if Scrooge has any shot of being in this rumored title. This is pretty crazy to consider, but it might happen.

I watched to this Maximilian Dood video about how this might actually be a MvC reboot rather than MvC4. That might explain the Marvel Cinematic Universe focus a little better, but the whole No X-Men rumor will make people slam Capcom like they did for not including any incarnation of Mega Man in UMvC3, even if its not entirely their fault that they can't include X-Men.

When did Disney buy Capcom? Capcom wouldn't be so hard up for money if Disney owned them. I believe Disney used them to make and publish a lot of games in the 80s and 90s but don't believe they are a subsidiary of Disney.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I just don't know about this man.....

I can't get over the fact that it would have core characters like Magneto, Doctor Doom or Wolverine. Those are as important to this franchise as any Ryu would be to a Street Fighter.

I think the roster from MVC3 was just awesome top to bottom!

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Give. Me. Moon Knight! With an alternate Mr. Knight costume as well.

Oh and Punisher, I need Punisher. He's a little more likely, since he's getting his own Netflix series I'd imagine.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MocBucket62

@zirilius: I never said Disney owned Capcom. Just saying that since Disney owns Marvel and the same company got Capcom to make games based on Disney properties (as you said), that there may be a chance that a Disney character could be playable. Though honestly, it probably won't happen.

For characters who have more of a realistic chance in making the roster, off the top of my head I'd say Rashid, Juri, Asura, some Monster Hunter rep, Loki, Venom (could return to the series), Falcon and Hulk Buster. The last character could be a replacement to Sentinel, who may not return with the X-Men licensing issues.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62: Not sure about Disney but what about Star Wars?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corvak:

No Caption Provided

You know what, sure why not. Not surprising that Marvel makes Star Wars comics now since Marvel and Stars Wars are under the same umbrella. Could be cool to see Darth Vadar fight either Akuma, M. Bison and/or Albert Wesker. Also, this wouldn't be the first time Vadar randomly fights fighting game characters, if he's in this rumored game.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist: Anything that gives us a MvC remix of this would be good in my book.

Loading Video...

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62: So are we going with DLC characters for pre-order (get Darth Vader on PlayStation 4 and Yoda for Xbox One)? :P

I am interested to see what this is if it does happen.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Wolverine, no deal.

He has been one of my mains since Children of the Atom. An MvC game without him is like a MK game without Scorpion.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes said:

No Wolverine, no deal.

He has been one of my mains since Children of the Atom. An MvC game without him is like a MK game without Scorpion.

They didn't have the license for MVC3 either and X-Men were still in it. I think people are forgetting that, there's also Marvel games post-MVC3 with X-Men.

AzureGale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My biggest question is who the final boss will be. Who could they use to at least match Galactus in MVC3?

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Dont trust this man"

No Caption Provided

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#47  Edited By SMTDante89

ITS HAPPENING! Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Looks like 2v2 style, Iron Man and Captain Marvel revealed for Marvel and Ryu/Mega Man X for Capcom. Remaster for UMVC3 is coming out TODAY on PS4.

Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Redhotchilimist

You know... I can work with 2v2.

Surprised Captain Marvel has long hair, thought she cut it after the big redesign. She's not a character I'm very familiar with.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Is this going to be an exclusive? After Sony invested so much money into the pile of failure that was / is Street Fighter V, I think Capcom still owes Sony a fighting game exclusive that that they don't fuck up.

I'm still bitter about that one. Between the launch state of the game and the reality of "you'll be able to get all the DLC just by playing the game," that game was a massive disappointment.

Fight Money is a limited resource that you don't get from playing local multiplayer in a local-multiplayer focused game. Even if I could complete Survival with every character on 4 difficulties AND all the Trials, I've burned out a non-renewable source of FM. Then I'd be stuck gaining the currency in intervals of 50 until the end of time. 50 currency at a time, for items that cost 40,000 currency each.

The system is heavily weighted toward getting you to spend real money. The ways to gain currency are either annoying, slow, or both.

They are designed to grind your soul to dust, until you cave and say "okay I'll just spend some cash on this". The idea that "you can buy everything in the game just by playing!" is currently laughable.

I tried to buy the new Street Fighter V stages with Fight Money. I gave up.

You do this shit in a true free-to-play title, fine. You do this in a broken, featureless game that I've potentially paid 60 dollars for, then FUCK YOU. Thankfully, I just rented SFV, and never gave Capcom any of "my work money!" for it.

Marvel Infinite could be really good, though, if they actually finish the game before releasing it. I hope they understand how important the casual fighting game market is now, especially with a game featuring highly lucrative super hero licences. If they pay attention to the quality of their competitor's games this time, this game could be a massive success.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers