MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By MildMolasses
@Rallier said:
" Not entirely sure how this works but it looks like as soon as you type something it autocompletes what you are typing making it impossible to add certain pages.  I just tried looking up the Endless ocean page by typing it completely. When you are done typing endless it will autocomplete it with "super robot taisen ..." and when you continue typing the whole thing resets to simply ocean. "

On a related note, the video search will autocomplete things preventing you from finishing the word you meant to type. 

And I seem to be the only one, but IE 8
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Milkman
@Renahzor said:
" @Diamond said:
" @Milkman said:
" Also, on the achievements page, the graphs block all the text. Once again, Firefox 3.6.  I would upload a screenshot but it does seem to want to let me do that either. "
Are you talking about the pop up text when mousing over the graph that says like Vinny , 9 achievements and such?  Graph is not blocking the text here in Firefox 3.5.7 Vista "
No, the graphs below the main session graph on the achievement page.  the pie charts and legends respectively block whatever text is on the graphs.  "
Yeah, what he said. 

I guess while we're at it, I might as well also tell you that I can't upload any pictures. At least not from a forum post, maybe it works from the profile page but otherwise, I just get a loading box and nothing happens.
Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Meltac
@ChrisTaran said:
" Can you please, for the love of god, remove the hideous Facebook link from the top of the site?  It's destroying the way the site looks.  I despise Facebook, please do not let it alter how I feel about the best site on the internet.  I can't even 'adblock' the image because most of the button is just code.  This would improve the site 100 fold! "
Calm down, man. It's not like it's constantly popping up with a big, bold text, where it says "FACEBOOK!".
Dujun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Dujun

On the profile page while using the white theme, the top corners of the profile picture, and the link to a user's images below are black. 
Browser is Chrome 5

Eg. 

No Caption Provided
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By rallier
Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By Renahzor

forum drop down bubble is having issues with formatting because of 2 line entries (persona 4 and white knight whatever), causing funny looking blank spots in the forums list.   Simply mouse over the menu bar above  ^^

Firefox 3.5.7, win XP

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By snide

The autocomplete bug should be fixed so you can find games better. We're working through this list as quick as possible. The graph bug likely won't get fixed soon since it's a cosmetic problem.

newmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By newmania
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rallier
@snide said:

" The autocomplete bug should be fixed so you can find games better.  "

Check on that

I was able to find the humphead wrasse.
mrjared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By mrjared
@snide: Hey Dave. When sharing a list on GiantBomb with Facebook Connect, there are a few errors. 

Safari OS X Version 4.0.4 (5531.21.10)     

No Caption Provided
Here's the list I attempted to share with Facebook:  http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mrjared/i-play-this/46-4789/ 

The Facebook link is pointed to:  http://www.giantbomb.comreview.get_absolute_url/ 

Also, the image is one not associated with my list. I didn't place Rock Band 2 on my list and it doesn't appear as an image for any of the "similar lists." 

I think we're actually friends there, so you should be able to see it live. Hope this helps!
Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Rayeth

The post reply box is tiny now (running Firefox 3.6 on WinXP). Not sure if that is intended but it is very hard to type in it.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#62  Edited By gingertastic_10
@MKHavoc said:
" Views aren't being counted on new threads.  Chrome. "
This is also happening on Firefox.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By ajamafalous

Not sure if this has been reported yet, I'm not about to read the whole topic:

When viewing the graphs on my achievement page, the legend for the graph with the staff members obscures the graph title, the legend for the bar graphs cover up their titles, and the pie charts obscure their respective titles as well. 

Also, when mousing over the pie charts to view the number of each section, sometimes the number of achievements in that section runs off the picture, since it seems they're limited to the width of the graph. 

No Caption Provided

When I view my Outbox, the Inbox tab is highlighted, not the Outbox one.

Firefox 3.5.7
Windows 7 64-bit
1920x1080
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By dethfish
  • Searching for things is really hard sometimes
  • 500 error when skipping to the final page of a thread
  • Achievements page has stuff covered up by pie charts. The thing at the top telling me to connect to facebook and twitter looks bad too.
  • You can't tell the difference between read and unread messages
Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Firefox 3.5.7, Vista.

Wall-to-wall links don't seem to be working....

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By erinfizz

from the Wiki Mod Queue - Some of the relationship changes are highlighted in peach with white text, which is unreadable on the black site. FF 3.5.7/xp

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By JJOR64

Not sure if this is a bug or not but:

Page numbers are missing at the top of the screen.      (Taken from Anime Vice.)
 Page numbers are missing at the top of the screen.      (Taken from Anime Vice.)
bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By bacongames

Pm's won't delete individually nor with selecting all and choosing "delete selected". 

Firefox 3.6 on Vista 64-bit.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ArchScabby

On the achievement page all the graph titles are overlapped by the legend or graphics on the graph. 

Firefox   
 Edit:  oh, sorry looking through the thread it seems this has already been posted.

No Caption Provided
skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#70  Edited By skrutop

Firefox 3.5.7 on OSX

"Following" text is missing on the top.  Next to my unread mail count is just another number for following.
The bar graphs in achievements are completely unreadable
I had a case where I clicked a page and the entire site switched to white, but I can't reproduce it.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Renahzor
@JJOR64 said:
" Not sure if this is a bug or not but:

"
I found your missing page numbers, they're at the bottom of my empty PM inbox.   

Page 1 of PM inbox seems to always show a list of page numbers even when there are no other pages.  Cosmetic, and non crashing, minor bug.  clicking a page nuber eliminates them until reload. 

FF 3.5.7 Win XP.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Azteck
  • When trying to upload pictures it's stuck on loading.
  • Black on black text where it should say "See (user)'s images" on profile pages.
  • Every page but the very front one of my profile says I'm connected to twitter when I am not:  http://tinypic.com/2mpkkspe

Windows Vista 32bit, Firefox 3.5.7
gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By gpbmike
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#74  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

In Internet Explorer 8 text for the graphs on the achievement pages overlap the titles of the graphs in certain cases and the graphs themselves do not appear. In Internet Explorer 7 neither the graphs, nor their text or titles appear. Windows XP.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By snide
@MrJared said:
" @snide: Hey Dave. When sharing a list on GiantBomb with Facebook Connect, there are a few errors. 

Safari OS X Version 4.0.4 (5531.21.10)     

No Caption Provided
Here's the list I attempted to share with Facebook:  http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/mrjared/i-play-this/46-4789/  The Facebook link is pointed to:  http://www.giantbomb.comreview.get_absolute_url/  Also, the image is one not associated with my list. I didn't place Rock Band 2 on my list and it doesn't appear as an image for any of the "similar lists."  I think we're actually friends there, so you should be able to see it live. Hope this helps! "
This should be fixed for any new messages you send out for lists. Good spot.
snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By snide

Can someone explain the read/unread messages bug? I'm seeing new PMs as white and bolded and read PMs as gray and normal-weight. 

Can someone please take a screenshot.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By rallier

Some weirdness with the images from the gallaries that show at the top of the wiki pages:

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#78  Edited By FLStyle
@gpbmike: Thank yee thank yee sir.
BronzDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BronzDragon

User Tiwi can't post replies to forum posts SUCH AS THIS VERY ONE. 

He wishes a PM when the problem is fixed.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#80  Edited By trulyalive

When attempting to write review, the box to write the review in will only fit about 40 characters before needing to scroll. 
Internet Explorer (whatever the latest one is)
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Azteck
@snide: I am experiencing no issues with read and unread messages. Looks like it should on my end.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#82  Edited By Fallen189

Not a bug, but, grey text is almost impossible to read on white background.

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ChrisTaran
@august: I'm really hoping!
ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ChrisTaran
@Meltac said:
Calm down, man. It's not like it's constantly popping up with a big, bold text, where it says "FACEBOOK!". "
Actually, it kind of is.  Every time I see the top of the page (which is often) my eyes get drawn to it's hugely contrasting colors to the rest of the site.  It's very distracting. 

And no, calming is not what I'll be doing. Why would someone want to hurt the visuals of their site just to add a link to the worst site on the internet?
august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#85  Edited By august
@ChrisTaran said:
" @Meltac said:
Calm down, man. It's not like it's constantly popping up with a big, bold text, where it says "FACEBOOK!". "
Actually, it kind of is.  Every time I see the top of the page (which is often) my eyes get drawn to it's hugely contrasting colors to the rest of the site.  It's very distracting.   And no, calming is not what I'll be doing. Why would someone want to hurt the visuals of their site just to add a link to the worst site on the internet? "
They aren't going to remove new site functionality they just worked to implement in order to satisfy your internet snobbery/misanthropy.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Azteck
@ChrisTaran said:

" @Meltac said:

Actually, it kind of is.  Every time I see the top of the page (which is often) my eyes get drawn to it's hugely contrasting colors to the rest of the site.  It's very distracting.   And no, calming is not what I'll be doing. Why would someone want to hurt the visuals of their site just to add a link to the worst site on the internet? "
I can actually agree with this. I find it somewhat distracting as well whenever I'm on the top of the site.   And it doesn't go well with the sites otherwise sleek look.  Not to mention that it is a few pixels taller than the white/black button, which disturbs me to no end. To me it looks like the two of them are the same size, but that they are not level with eachother. Had to confirm that they were in PS before I could see it.

• Comment boxes do not seem to stretch as comments get longer instantly, but only about half way in on a new line.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Xeiphyer
@snide: Im trying to upload a screenshot right now, but the uploader is pretty broken..  

Waiting for it to time out or something to try again.

Also, I'm using Vista 32bit, Firefox 3.5.7
rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By rallier

When adding/deleting related pages to a wiki it is impossible to confirm your edit. Vista, Firefox 3.6 

edit: It is still impossible for me to upload images to the site without firefox crashing hence the weird link

http://yfrog.com/jdimage2wmj

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#89  Edited By Luke
@snide:  Can't copy/paste into the forums' reply-box with Firefox 3.6.  IE8 works just fine.  I actually had this problem a few days ago, so it may not be related to these changes.  I think Firefox 3.5 works just fine as well, like IE8... it may be a Firefox 3.6 problem, which I also tried on 2 separate computers. 
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#90  Edited By Fallen189

Keep the politics to PM's guys, this isn't the place.

Image uploading is being hit and miss, firefox.

Main forums or "most popular games" list is all up in arms, but that looks like it might be a character limiting thing.

See here

Also, when I go to link a link in text, there's no red box around the "Add link" button. UI error.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By AndrewB

No Caption Provided
I don't know if this is by design or not (and I looked to see if it was already posted here, but if it has, sorry for the repost), but when I edit a post the finalized changes are offset with extra margins. Tested in both Firefox 3.6 and Chrome 5.0.37.1. Really minor if it is a bug, I know.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChrisTaran said:
" @Meltac said:
You're a bit damn ridiculous.  Just sayin'.
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Venatio

I can't connect to my facebook account 

Chrome

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By rallier

Looks like when hyperlinking a link there is no image to confirm it but just the text. Not sure if this is on purpose but since it looks quite odd i doubt it. 

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By ChrisTaran
@august: Wow,  misanthropy.  That is awesome.  I think misanthropy is severely under represented anymore.  But you're right.  I am  misanthropic. :)
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Xeiphyer

@snide:
Vista 32bit, Firefox 3.5.7  

Here is the screenshot of the inbox bug, Firefox is hating on the image uploader, so I had to use photobucket.. BLARGH.

Also, I just found a new bug while linking that.. the search feature when using the link button overlaps and is grayed out. Heres the link
 Also is the create link button supposed to be just text? It was a button previously I believe.

After you finish tracking down all these major bugs, would it be possible to make an option in the settings to disable the facebook stuff.. Its pretty distracting and doesn't match black GB at all. Especially the FB button at the top by the inbox. Also the Black/White GB buttons don't need to be on the main bar since people will not be changing the colours very often.

No Caption Provided

Another user had a problem with the forums and not being able to view your created threads anymore due to the forum tab optimization in our profiles. Currently there is no way to view created threads anymore.

And the featured user review is gone from the front page, not sure if that is intentional.

I'll buy you a beer sometime =P Thanks for the hard work.
ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ChrisTaran
@xobballox: Hmm, I don't think so.  It hurts the sites design aesthetic.  I don't think that's a minor thing.
bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By bacongames

Is the site loading WAY slower for anyone else?

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By snide

We'll get the speed quicked up here in a bit.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By rallier
@Tuffgong: you are not alone