No more endurance runs thank you very much!

Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@Astras said:
" Whatever you say man, just because I like the site and dont like the endurance run means that I should not be able to say anthing about the fact I don't like it on a DISCUSSION FORUM. Pleaase dont take the site to seriously, Your hotdog analogy is pointless, this is the internet. There are 2 of the same endurance run's going on which I don't like either of them I wish the resources were spent making all the cool shit they were doing before.  People that say they are still knoking out the same content... I'm not personally conviced and niether are alot of people. I love the site, hate the ER. So i guess that makes me an arsehole!
It doesn't make you an arsehole it makes you ignorant. People do like them. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they should stop them and others aren't going to enjoy them. I understand the argument of "why have two on the same game?". Personally doesn't make sense to me either. But just because you or I don't like them doesn't mean they have to stop. I would like them to divert resources to other projects. However it's no skin off my back if they keep doing them.  The way you worded and started off this thread was bait for people to flame you and it made you sound like an ass even if that was not your intent.
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#152  Edited By Afroman269

lol at the flamebait

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By Scullinator

To the people who enjoy the ER runs:  Do you also enjoy watching Mystery Science Theater 3000?  I have never understood why people watch that show.  I would also like to add my 2 cents on the ER video debate.  More quick looks and video reviews please.  Less of this ER stuff.  I would even rather watch a review of a really bad game.  You dont even have to play it all the way through.  You can just talk about how bad it was and how after a few hours you just couldnt take it any more.  Bad reviews could be just as funny as playing through an entire crap game just to make fun of it.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By Ryax
@CL60: im with you. once the endurance run is over people will lose hype. but the game is awful and thats why people like it.
nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#155  Edited By nobull6

Endurance runs aren't for me either.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#156  Edited By Astras
@pyromaster222: If I remember Spiceworld on the PS1 has multiple endings, and is considerably shorter.. wouldn't that be awesome?
ev_rowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#157  Edited By ev_rowe
@Scullinator said:
"I would also like to add my 2 cents on the ER video debate.  More quick looks and video reviews please.  Less of this ER stuff.  I would even rather watch a review of a really bad game.  You dont even have to play it all the way through.  You can just talk about how bad it was and how after a few hours you just couldnt take it any more."
For what it's worth, the perceived slowdown in Quick Looks and Video Reviews has nothing to do with the Endurance Run. It's got everything to do with the following: 
  1. This is a slow release period for games right now
  2. The GB staff (if you haven't noticed) is very picky about what they review, and even pickier about what they give video reviews to
  3. There hasn't been a ton going on in terms of press events showing off game development, and what has been going on, they have covered
  4. You can get further insight as to their opinions of games both released and in development if you listen to the Bombcast
When the ER actually, certifiably interferes with the release of other video content on the site, this argument will be more justified.
Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ev_rowe said:
" @Scullinator said:
"I would also like to add my 2 cents on the ER video debate.  More quick looks and video reviews please.  Less of this ER stuff.  I would even rather watch a review of a really bad game.  You dont even have to play it all the way through.  You can just talk about how bad it was and how after a few hours you just couldnt take it any more."
For what it's worth, the perceived slowdown in Quick Looks and Video Reviews has nothing to do with the Endurance Run. It's got everything to do with the following: 
  1. This is a slow release period for games right now
  2. The GB staff (if you haven't noticed) is very picky about what they review, and even pickier about what they give video reviews to
  3. There hasn't been a ton going on in terms of press events showing off game development, and what has been going on, they have covered
  4. You can get further insight as to their opinions of games both released and in development if you listen to the Bombcast
When the ER actually, certifiably interferes with the release of other video content on the site, this argument will be more justified. "
Also don't forget that E3 is coming up. So a lot of behind scene info and stuff is going to be hitting press media in prep for the event.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Ryax
@heatDrive88: shit. i dont have anything on that. i concede. you win 

EDIT: oh shit wait 

No Caption Provided
IS THAT A FUCKING LION DOING A FACEPALM?! i think it is. what now?
ev_rowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ev_rowe
@White_Silhouette: Exactly. We are pretty much in the calm before the storm right now. Publishers and developers are going to start talking less and less about what they're working on in the lead-up to E3, at which point there is going to be a veritable blitz of media. If anything, the ER will be taking a break at that point if it's still going, or will have been filmed entirely in advance since the guys will be at the conference the entire time anyway.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Astras
@ev_rowe: 
Really?? I'm not listing through the list of latest releases of games... I know the GB staff are fairly specific but there has been some worthy releases this and last month.. or have you not been keeping track?
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#162  Edited By mutha3

Hell, what game released in the past 3 weeks didn't get a quick look even though it deserved it?

Nothing much of worth is coming out.

@Astras said:

" @ev_rowe:  Really?? I'm not listing through the list of latest releases of games... I know the GB staff are fairly specific but there has been some worthy releases this and last month.. or have you not been keeping track? "
Really? Like what?

Everything worth covering has been covered.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Ryax
@mutha3 said:
" Hell, what game released in the past 3 weeks didn't get a quick look even though it deserved it?  Nothing much of worth is coming out. "
woah. red dead redemption. dont hate
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#164  Edited By Crono11
@Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
" Hell, what game released in the past 3 weeks didn't get a quick look even though it deserved it?  Nothing much of worth is coming out. "
woah. red dead redemption. dont hate "
That's not out yet.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Ryax
@crono11 said:
" @Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
That's not out yet. "
he said coming out
KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By KarlHungus01
@Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
How much you wanna bet that they'll do a video feature of some sort on Red Dead Redemption?  Either a Quick Look or a Video Review.  The ER has no effect on the amount of other content that is produced.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Ryax
@KarlHungus01 said:
" @Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
How much you wanna bet that they'll do a video feature of some sort on Red Dead Redemption?  Either a Quick Look or a Video Review.  The ER has no effect on the amount of other content that is produced. "
at this point i dont care what they do with it. i just want it to come out. what ever they do will be fine
ev_rowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By ev_rowe
@Astras said:
" @ev_rowe:  Really?? I'm not listing through the list of latest releases of games... I know the GB staff are fairly specific but there has been some worthy releases this and last month.. or have you not been keeping track? "
What has been released that you would have liked to have seen covered? I keep track as much as the next person…hell, they have a fricking release tracker on the front page. It sounds like the issue here is more along the lines that GB didn't give attention to a game you wanted them to. And that does suck when that happens. I would have loved to see them actually review Demon's Souls and give it a fighting chance (aside from the QL), for example. Unfortunately though, they run the site and they determine what gets coverage.
Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By SomethingClever

Is there a way to flat out totally make a person disappear from your view of the forums?  Reading through bits and pieces of this topic and a few other posts I've seen scattered around I've come to the conclusion that any post by Astras is a post I really don't need to read. 

Dude tries to make an argument but then doesn't bother to actually back it up. I am all for standing your ground for what you believe in but damn it, have something to say about it beyond "I don't like it."  Seems flat out too lazy to bother actually making a real argument. 

So, knowing there is no way to truly set someone to "Total Ignore" I am going to go perform a frontal lobotomy and forget about his lunacy.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#170  Edited By EpicSteve
@KarlHungus01 said:
" @Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
How much you wanna bet that they'll do a video feature of some sort on Red Dead Redemption?  Either a Quick Look or a Video Review.  The ER has no effect on the amount of other content that is produced. "
For every hour the spend on ER is another hour they could spend writing or recording other stuff.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By mutha3
@Ryax said:

" @crono11 said:

" @Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
That's not out yet. "
he said coming out "
I was obviously talking about so far.

And Red Dead Redemption is definitely getting a quick look/review.
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By fwylo
@21stCenturyJesus said:
" @Astras:  
while i enjoy the ER once in awhile, i totally agree with you. been thinking about this ever since they started the DP ER.

@fwylo: yo do realize that this makes YOU a complete asshole. "
Please elaborate.
KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By KarlHungus01
@Astras said:
Name me a major release since the ER started that hasn't been given their normal treatment of QL or VR or heavy discussion on the bombcast.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Ryax
@Phunk_King said:
" Is there a way to flat out totally make a person disappear from your view of the forums?  Reading through bits and pieces of this topic and a few other posts I've seen scattered around I've come to the conclusion that any post by Astras is a post I really don't need to read.  Dude tries to make an argument but then doesn't bother to actually back it up. I am all for standing your ground for what you believe in but damn it, have something to say about it beyond "I don't like it."  Seems flat out too lazy to bother actually making a real argument.  So, knowing there is no way to truly set someone to "Total Ignore" I am going to go perform a frontal lobotomy and forget about his lunacy. "
pm the staff. maybe they will listen but i doubt it. 
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#175  Edited By meteora
@Astras said:
" @fwylo: cool, cheers dude.. what can I say apart from the game sucks.. and watching people play it TWICE sucks even more "
... Don't watch it twice then?

Zing.
Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#176  Edited By Jazz

you could..you know...just not watch it. 
does sarcasm work on the internet? discuss now.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Astras
@KarlHungus01: 
Dude ive been through this in older threads about a month ago... i even brought up the entire release list.. in not doing it again... just google it if you want to see.
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By mutha3
@EpicSteve said:

" @KarlHungus01 said:

" @Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
For every hour the spend on ER is another hour they could spend writing or recording other stuff. "
Or an hour spent picking their nose, seeing how we haven't been getting less video or written content.

@Astras said:
" @KarlHungus01:  Dude ive been through this in older threads about a month ago... i even brought up the entire release list.. in not doing it again... just google it if you want to see. "

None of those releases matter, and they wouldn't have gotten quick looks anyway.
ev_rowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ev_rowe
@Astras said:
" @KarlHungus01:  Dude ive been through this in older threads about a month ago... i even brought up the entire release list.. in not doing it again... just google it if you want to see. "
If you don't actually site examples, then you're not making an argument, you're just complaining without direction. People asked you to mention what specifically you didn't see coverage of that you wanted to so that we could see if you had a valid argument or not. This response further strengthens the impression that you don't. 

And regardless of that, the ER has no effect on other site content whatsoever. There was normal content before, during and after the P4 ER, and the same is/will be true of the DP ER.
KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By KarlHungus01
@EpicSteve said:
" @KarlHungus01 said:
" @Ryax said:
" @mutha3 said:
For every hour the spend on ER is another hour they could spend writing or recording other stuff. "
In theory, yes.  In practicality, no.  Before the Persona 4 ER and during, the site generated the same amount of other content.  Same with this one.  You're still getting every bit of the same coverage of games that you would normally get.  There's like 1 or 2 major releases each month during the late Spring and Summer.  What do you think they're going to be taping?  A Quick Look of "Shrek Forever After: The Game"?
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Astras

see a psychiartist or hypnotherapist

@Phunk_King said:
" Is there a way to flat out totally make a person disappear from your view of the forums?  Reading through bits and pieces of this topic and a few other posts I've seen scattered around I've come to the conclusion that any post by Astras is a post I really don't need to read.  Dude tries to make an argument but then doesn't bother to actually back it up. I am all for standing your ground for what you believe in but damn it, have something to say about it beyond "I don't like it."  Seems flat out too lazy to bother actually making a real argument.  So, knowing there is no way to truly set someone to "Total Ignore" I am going to go perform a frontal lobotomy and forget about his lunacy. "
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#182  Edited By KingBroly

You don't have to watch the Endurance Run then.

ev_rowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By ev_rowe
@KarlHungus01 said:
What do you think they're going to be taping?  A Quick Look of "Shrek Forever After: The Game"? "
GASP! Are you insinuating that "Shrek Forever After: The Game" isn't going to be a major Summer blockbuster? MY WORLD IS RUINED
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By mutha3
@Astras: uh.....what?

I guess you really want that Shrek quick look, huh?
captroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By captroy

I'm really enjoying the DP Endurance Runs - it appeals to the MST3K fan in me. My biggest worry was when Brad was getting so frustrated trying to kill wall-crawling-hairy girl, he sounded so angry that I wondered if that was going to be the final Brad-Ryan episode. Ryan can rest assured that, should he need a career change, his soothing voice would fit perfectly with one of the helping professions, like Family Counseling.  Sometimes, it's nice to know that occasional hair-tearing frustration doesn't discriminate among its numerous unfortunate victims.

That said, I can see why they don't appeal to everyone. I love RPG's, but, for some reason, I just can't stand playing the Fable games. Believe me, I've tried. I wish they'd do an ER of Fable II so I could see story unfold without actually having to PLAY it. I need the running commentary - watching gameplay on YouTube just isn't the same, just like watching "The Blood Waters of Dr. Z" would be intolerable without the MST3K guys cracking jokes.

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By KarlHungus01

There's a reason why the timing for both the P4 and DP Endurance Runs have been during the slow release season, people.  When they run an ER for a game during the fall release window, and coverage of games slack, you'll then have a valid argument.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I enjoy the Endurance Run because it's a justified means of producing daily video content. That is something a lot of sites don't do.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By RavenX302

A lot of people really wanted an Endurance run for this game and it speaks a lot of the staff members to respond and deliver. I personally stopped watching after about the 4th or 5th 'episode'  and can't help but feel it is beyond boring in every way. However, I respect the fact people enjoy the ER I just do NOT understand why their are two teams on one long ass game. I think it would have been better if Brad and Ryan waited for another game to do an ER for. Maybe something like Alan Wake? (I know it just came out, but the QL really made me want more)

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By KarlHungus01
@captroy said:
"I love RPG's, but, for some reason, I just can't stand playing the Fable games. Believe me, I've tried. I wish they'd do an ER of Fable II so I could see story unfold without actually having to PLAY it."
It has nothing to do with DP or the ER, but THIS x1,000,000.  Too bad an ER of Fable 2 would suck because no story is present in that game.
DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#190  Edited By DukeTogo

ER started, and continues to exist for one reason, it's a way to play a game that they otherwise wouldn't.  Go watch the first episode of the P4 one and see how little they really wanted to play it.  When deciding on what game to do next, it was between DP and Resonance of Fate.  As goofy as DP is, it's nowhere near the chore to play that RoF is, so they went with DP.

I'm not watching the ER because I'm playing DP, so I didn't want to start confusing what I saw and what I played.  I also don't care for how Vinny plays and comments during it, it's like watching a dipshit 12 year-old smart-ass play a game.  Trying too many times to be funny or say something outlandish for attention.  Having two other dudes play the same game was probably due partly because of it, I'm sure some people on this site like some of the guys more than others, so another ER with the other two was formed.  Unfortunately Ryan is a dick who likes to run through a game, and Brad is the complete opposite, making for an episode of the Odd Couple playing a game.

The ER should move to a Ustream format where they play it live and everyone can chat while they play.  You could let people decide where t ogo and what to do i nthe game.

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By KarlHungus01

I'm calling it.  Deadly Premonition > Fable 2.

Bratcher_Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Bratcher_Lev

In this thread: feeding trolls.

blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By blueman90

jerk
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By mutha3
@DukeTogo said:

" ER started, and continues to exist for one reason, it's a way to play a game that they otherwise wouldn't.  Go watch the first episode of the P4 one and see how little they really wanted to play it.  When deciding on what game to do next, it was between DP and Resonance of Fate.

Um, they didn't sound like they didn't want to play it. Hell, the reason they started the first ER is because they wanted to play it but didn't have time.

All they really said about the game at that point was them liking the style of the game, and Vinny saying he liked P3 but felt it was too long.After that they were pretty damn positive about it for the rest of the ER.

They were also willing to give DP a chance at the start of this ER, and they still sound like they're enjoying it. Jeff even wrote on his twitter that he has been thinking about it a lot.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Ghostiet
@DukeTogo said:

" I'm not watching the ER because I'm playing DP, so I didn't want to start confusing what I saw and what I played.  I also don't care for how Vinny plays and comments during it, it's like watching a dipshit 12 year-old smart-ass play a game.  Trying too many times to be funny or say something outlandish for attention."

Wait, you're not watching the ER, but you speak about Vinny's commentary in the ER. Time paradox? And yeah, let's insult the staff more, I can't get enough of that.

Unfortunately Ryan is a dick who likes to run through a game, and Brad is the complete opposite, making for an episode of the Odd Couple playing a game.

Unfortunately it is bullshit, because Ryan "bought" what DP is in the second episode and actually wants Brad to explore the game. It was Brad mostly who wanted to finish it as quickly as it was possible, until around the wall-lady episode when he stopped complaining and said the story is making him dig it. The only Odd Couplish bit in their episodes come from Ryan's irritation with Brad's unwarranted cockiness.

And yeah, a community-driven ER would be a great idea. I can picture it right now: "FUSE TRUMPETEER YOU DIPSHITS", "DO THAT, I DID THAT, I DON'T CARE YOU DON'T LIKE FISHING".

Phaseshift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#196  Edited By Phaseshift

surely this guy has his achivement by now :p

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By mutha3
@Ghostiet said:
"

And yeah, a community-driven ER would be a great idea. I can picture it right now: "FUSE TRUMPETEER YOU DIPSHITS", "DO THAT, I DID THAT, I DON'T CARE YOU DON'T LIKE FISHING".

"
Eh, that's pretty much how the original and this one went anyways.

No streaming, though. Video quality usually blows, I'd prefer them to keep doing the same thing they have been doing up until now.
Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Brunchies

Don't watch the endurance run if you hate it dude.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#199  Edited By OllyOxenFree

10/10 troll thread.  i mad

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Ghostiet
@mutha3 said:
" Eh, that's pretty much how the original and this one went anyways.  No streaming, though. Video quality usually blows, I'd prefer them to keep doing the same thing they have been doing up until now. "

Yeah, but now it would be live. And we know what anonymity combined with a microphone/live chat can produce.

And I agree with the streaming, barely watchable and it would alienate half of the community - not everyone can watch them live streams, due to technical or time difference.