No more endurance runs thank you very much!

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Astras

The endurance run sucks, the fact that they're all doing it also is just pointless. Surely theres other things that the guys could be doing instead of these pointless endurance runs such as video reviews/ features/ quicklooks etc..
If I wanted to watch someone play a crap game and have a laugh at the same time.. I would go around to a mates and watch him play FF13.. at least I can interact with the banter.

So yea, fuck Deadly premonition or whatever it's called and lets have some better website content :D

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lucifer

Sarcasm detected.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By fwylo
Inb4 Flames.

YOU sir. Are an asshole.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Astras
@fwylo:  Why, just because I dont like the endurance run?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Astras:  I'm 100% with you.
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fwylo
@Astras: Yup
groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By groin
@Astras: You forgot to switch your profile background :)
Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bobdaman18

I like watching endurance runs, i kind of wish that brad and ryan were endurance running a different game though.
Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

I iz culz., caz i hatz tingz peps likz.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Rhaknar

you absolutely have the right to bitch about content and demand something else, you do pay money for your memb...oh wait.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By avidwriter

I watched one of these ER... and I'd never watch another let alone the ton of them they have for Persona. I don't see the point...

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho

Video reviews are pretty pointless when preceded by a Quick Look, which anything that gets a VR is. Watch the Quick Look and read the review, don't whine at them for not making something completely redundant.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Astras
@fwylo: cool, cheers dude.. what can I say apart from the game sucks.. and watching people play it TWICE sucks even more
Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Tiwi
@Bobdaman18 said:
" I like watching endurance runs, i kind of wish that brad and ryan were endurance running a different game though. "
I kinda agree on this note, but I don't think the endurance run is a bad thing.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By armaan8014

NO MORE YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH
just joking :)

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho
@Astras said:
" @fwylo: cool, cheers dude.. what can I say apart from the game sucks.. and watching people play it TWICE sucks even more "
Someone's putting a gun to your head and making you watch them both? Wow poor guy.
JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By JokerSmilez

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Astras
@ryanwho: 
Na, I only watched a couple of episodes of each.. watching brad play it and Hate playing neally as much as I hated watching him play it put me off that one.... I watched a couple more of Jeff and Vinny but the game is just so crap.. and the endurance run format is just to lengthy for me
Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#19  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
@Astras said:
"...lets have some better website content :D "
And, JUST LIKE THAT, the editors put down what they were doing and realized exactly what they were doing wrong. For years, they've been wondering how to improve their site and, here comes Astras, with the solution in hand. Boy, having better website content, who'd have thought? Thank you for saving Giant Bomb good sir, for this site would've been truly lost without you.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Astras
@JokerSmilez: 
That pic should be a picture of Rivaldo instead, when the ball hit him in the leg and he fell holding his face... bit more classic
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Ryax
@Astras said:
" The endurance run sucks, the fact that they're all doing it also is just pointless. Surely theres other things that the guys could be doing instead of these pointless endurance runs such as video reviews/ features/ quicklooks etc.. If I wanted to watch someone play a crap game and have a laugh at the same time.. I would go around to a mates and watch him play FF13.. at least I can interact with the banter.  So yea, fuck Deadly premonition or whatever it's called and lets have some better website content :D "
maybe you didnt notice but videos other than the endurance run are still coming out. so shut the fuck up and dont watch the endurance run. nobody gives a shit about what you dont like.
Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By SomethingClever

Seems to me that the content on the site has not been hurt by the Endurance Run.  We are getting Quick Looks and other stuff just as much as always plus they added the Thursday Night Throwdown.  If you don't enjoy the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run then I've got a tip for you. . . don't watch it.  There.  Problem solved.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Astras
@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" @Astras said:
"...lets have some better website content :D "
And, JUST LIKE THAT, the editors put down what they were doing and realized exactly what they were doing wrong. For years, they've been wondering how to improve their site and, here comes Astras, with the solution in hand. Boy, having better website content, who'd have thought? Thank you for saving Giant Bomb good sir, for this site would've been truly lost without you. "

Very nice... LOL, attack my credibility just because I state something that I don't like and you probibly like. You basically have misrepresented what I wrote by only showing a part of my original post which is pathetic.
As I stated, to ME I dont like the endurance run, I like everything else... since the endurance run theres been a real slowdown in everthing else.. so can we just stop doing a DOUBLE???  endurnace run and maybe just have one or summat.. then maybe things would pick up again?
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By MikkaQ

Then don't watch it? What's the big deal, it's not like quick looks or interviews have slowed down at all, in fact, I think the last couple weeks we've seen like 8-9 quicklooks. 

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NakAttack
@Astras: why did you make this thread? i mean, c'mon, you must have know you were going to get flamed.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Astras
@Ryax said:
" @Astras said:
" The endurance run sucks, the fact that they're all doing it also is just pointless. Surely theres other things that the guys could be doing instead of these pointless endurance runs such as video reviews/ features/ quicklooks etc.. If I wanted to watch someone play a crap game and have a laugh at the same time.. I would go around to a mates and watch him play FF13.. at least I can interact with the banter.  So yea, fuck Deadly premonition or whatever it's called and lets have some better website content :D "
maybe you didnt notice but videos other than the endurance run are still coming out. so shut the fuck up and dont watch the endurance run. nobody gives a shit about what you dont like. "

What a really nice and polite guy you are *sarcasm.. and you come on the forums because you want to discuss topics and are interested in other peoples opinions.... or you come on to vent some steam?
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Rhaknar

what exactly is this slowdown that people claim there is (people that dont like or want the ER that is)? Is this about video reviews again? Go to gametrailers if you like video reviews so much, I bet that even without a ER they wouldnt do many (if any) video reviews, as they have stated countless times they are a bitch to produce

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Astras
@nk19: Just wanted to see if anyone else agreed I guess... should of really expected auto defence mode... but it;s interesting to see that everyone is enjoying the endurance runs...
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By armaan8014
@Astras: You should be a bit more patient. More than a hundred people watch the ER. They can't ALL be retarded!
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mmmslash

Dear Astras,

You are a dink. Please proceed to the nearest ledge and throw yourself from it.

With love,
Mmmslash

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CL60

So basically this topic was just so you could bash FF13?

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Astras
@armaan8014: 

Didn't say they were retardid... it's interesting to see that people really like the endurance run soo much... but I mean come on... 2 endurance runs for the same game... still going on. It's a bit much.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AlwaysAngry
I agree in a less whiny piss-fuck-tarded way.
NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NakAttack
@Astras said:
" @nk19: Just wanted to see if anyone else agreed I guess... should of really expected auto defence mode... but it;s interesting to see that everyone is enjoying the endurance runs... "
why so interesting, the ER is the biggest, if not the main, attraction to the site. why would people, such as yourself, not like it?
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Astras
@CL60: 
HAHAHA...... love it, maybe I should of chose a different game oops.. I just didn't think and just put in "X" crap game in my opinion. Nope it's not a FF13 bash thread.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_A_Drain

'Cos everybody is here to make content specifically for you right? gtfo. 

Don't like it, sure voice some protest, but seriously, it's a unique video feature that you cannot find on many other sites, if I wanted video reviews or crap like that i'd be going to other sites (in fact, there is nothing to stop you going elsewhere for 'better' content...) 

So w/e.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By ProfessorEss

Geeze, this thread is like, Grand Asshole Station.

...or would it be Asshole Central Station?

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Astras
@nk19: 
Its just really fcin pointless to be honest. I love the banter between the guys at giant bomb and their other video's. 2 endurance runs of a game that they worked out was crap at video 1.. just seems pointless.
NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NakAttack
@ProfessorEss: central, it were all the junctions are.
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40  Edited By Shadow

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Astras
@The_A_Drain: 
What a jumped up little prick you are. Better content if you read the statement in context with my original post is basically everything else that the giant bomb staff have done for the years that I have been coming to this site. I didn't mind one endurance run.. but 2 of them is pointless.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By armaan8014
@Astras said:
" @armaan8014:   Didn't say they were retardid... it's interesting to see that people really like the endurance run soo much... but I mean come on... 2 endurance runs for the same game... still going on. It's a bit much. "
Maybe the episodes you didn't see were good!
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hey, I have an idea.  Don't watch it.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Phished0ne

This thread AGAIN?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Astras said:
" @The_A_Drain:  What a jumped up little prick you are. Better content if you read the statement in context with my original post is basically everything else that the giant bomb staff have done for the years that I have been coming to this site. I didn't mind one endurance run.. but 2 of them is pointless. "
Hooray insults! 

Srsly, Endurance Run is one of the main reasons a lot of people come to this site. Don't like it? Like I said, feel free to GTFO or simply not watch it... 
NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NakAttack
@Astras: different strokes i guess
Kifftopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Kifftopher

The game isn't crap, the Endurance Runs aren't crap, you aren't forced to watch them and the site has just as much if not more content than ever... I've watched every episode and love the banter between the guys just like in everything else they make.  Sounds more like a personal problem you have with the specific game choice, a problem many others don't have... I guess you'll just have to hope they play something you like more for the next ER.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Astras
@armaan8014: I'm all up for a bit of banter and a bit of gaming... it would probibly be easier for me to watch one playthough if the game was any better.. but I can't watch a crap game with banter that I cant interact with that basically revolves around taking the piss out of the crap game. 
I'm sure some people like endurance runs, that's awesome but for me... no thanks.
ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ricetopher

So remind me...what exactly, in this rather slow release period since the DP ER began, did the GB staff stop doing that they used to do?

Because I got nothing.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Astras
@The_A_Drain:
:) nice one