No more endurance runs thank you very much!

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#201  Edited By EpicSteve

This thread is full of a lot of people saying bullshit.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#202  Edited By bonbolapti

but this is my personal gaming website and I have everything tailored to suit my needs.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#203  Edited By mutha3
@EpicSteve: 
Are you talking about those of us disagreeing with your ''every hours spent on the Endurance Run= 1 hour less on other content ''?

Dude, seriously, they have covered everything worth covering these past couple of weeks.

Unless you're really stoked about that Shrek game coming out, which they probably wouldn't have done a quick look of anyway.
@Ghostiet:
Ah, also forgot this: random assholes posting spoilers.
JamesValdes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By JamesValdes
Corpsegrinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Corpsegrinder

Seems like everything has been covered already but I'll throw in my two cents. I personally think that the Edurance Run is a fairly unique experience. I haven't really seen anything like it on other websites. I'm not that big of a fan, but I find it interesting. I've watched a few of them and they can be entertaining at times. The bottom line is that if you don't like it, don't watch.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#206  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Threads like these are garbage because they do not promote worthwhile discussion, and one inarticulate expression of opinion is not going to change the structure of the site.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#207  Edited By FlipperDesert
@Astras:  Lucky for you, you aren't forced to watch anything and we can watch what we like.

Video reviews are harder to produce and take much longer to edit while offering less content, by the way. That's why you see less of them. They also don't feature tank-kicking/FK'ing in the coffee nearly as much.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#208  Edited By Skytylz
@avidwriter said:
" I watched one of these ER... and I'd never watch another let alone the ton of them they have for Persona. I don't see the point... "
The Persona 4 ER was the best thing this site has ever done, but the Deadly Premonition ER is just because people were hoping they could match the magic of the first ER.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#209  Edited By trophyhunter

screw off ashole

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#210  Edited By LordAndrew
@Astras said:
" Why, just because I dont like the endurance run? "
Never express dislike for any of the site's features. Ever. Unless you don't care if people hate you.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By weltal

Nah, there should be MORE endurance runs. Run two or three at a time! Bring Drew in! Make him run through the entire Halo series with Dave! Make Will play through Final Fantasy 13. I don't care that he has work to do for Tested.com, get to it, Will! 

MORE ENDURANCE RUNS.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#212  Edited By Cube

I think Brad and Ryan doing the ER is such a waste. 

It's almost as if Ryan just suddenly realized he contributes less to the site than Jeff or Brad! 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By mutha3
@Lambert said:

" Well, endurance runs are synonymous with Japanese crap (i.e. Deadly Premonition, and Persona 4), which is the whole point. It is them making fun of shitty games that people actually spend their free time playing. It is ingenious since you get all the stupid otakus as well as people who want to see this crap, without playing it, and with great commentary. "

The whole point was ''we don't have the time necessary to spend on Persona 4, so lets play it at the office!'' . I'm pretty sure P4 won 2009, 2008 game of the year and Jeff called it one of the best RPG's he's ever played on his blog, bro.
obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#214  Edited By obcdexter
@Lambert said:
" Well, endurance runs are synonymous with Japanese crap (i.e. Deadly Premonition, and Persona 4), which is the whole point. It is them making fun of shitty games that people actually spend their free time playing. It is ingenious since you get all the stupid otakus as well as people who want to see this crap, without playing it, and with great commentary. "
Are you on crack?
Your talking smack about one of the most amazing games of all time ...

... and Persona 4!
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0799277f8eb
deactivated-5d0799277f8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is purely based on taste, and there is no right or wrong opinion, either you like it or you don't. I watch it everyday. To me, this is good content. I wish they keep doing these kinds of things, and that's why, in my opinion, this is the best gaming website on the internet.

ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#216  Edited By ColinWright

....dont watch them?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By mutha3
@Costello said:
" This is purely based on taste, and there is no right or wrong opinion, either you like it or you don't. I watch it everyday. To me, this is good content. I wish they keep doing these kinds of things, and that's why, in my opinion, this is the best gaming website on the internet. "

If you like the Endurance  Run you may want to check out some good LP's. The ER is basically a glorified Lets play anyways.

Here's a place that archives them: lparchive.org

@obcdexter said:
" @Lambert said:
Are you on crack? Your talking smack about one of the most amazing games of all time ...    ... and Persona 4! "
.....the most amazing game of all time:P
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#218  Edited By Coltonio7

BEAR-SONA!

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#219  Edited By Symphony
@Lambert said:
Hot damn! This is the second time someone has stumbled onto a deep dark secret involving Japanese culture and/or games, today! 

We've got a couple of friggin' Da Vinci Code-breakers in the community!
Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Coltonio7

No Caption Provided
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#221  Edited By Brendan

Although most people are being dicks, I can see where you're coming from.  This ER is based around a rather terrible game, and lately it seems as though more in depth written gaming articles are being authored by tested.com staff.  Before anyone jumps all over me, I still love this site, I could stand for there to be less Deadly Premonition all the time.
Kefkaesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Kefkaesque

Yes, if only they stopped this foolish Endurance Run, they could do Quick Looks of of all the hot new releases like... Oh wait.

There's a reason the endurance run takes place at this time, and that's because there's not many games coming out in the Spring and summer months. If not for the Endurance run, the front page would be a lot more empty. 

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By mutha3
@Kefkaesque said:

" Yes, if only they stopped this foolish Endurance Run, they could do Quick Looks of of all the hot new releases like... Oh wait.  "

HEY!

.......... you know Shrek:Forever after is going to be A GOTY canidate >:(
Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Nephrahim

I woulden't mind if they were only running one ED instead of 2.  I don't even have time to WATCH them.... 

But yeah, I like the Endurance Runs.  Haters off.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I propose they actually play a truly shitty game instead. Like Far Cry.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#226  Edited By Ryax
@Asrahn said:
" I propose they actually play a truly shitty game instead. Like Far Cry. "
they are playing a shitty game. its called deadly premonition. 
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By kishan6
@fwylo said:
" Inb4 Flames.  YOU sir. Are an asshole. "
@Astras said:
" @fwylo:  Why, just because I dont like the endurance run? "
@fwylo said:
" @Astras: Yup "
fwylo is never lies 
or maybe that abe lincoln 
i mix them up alot
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By raviolisumo
@kishan6 said:
" @fwylo said:
" Inb4 Flames.  YOU sir. Are an asshole. "
@Astras said:
" @fwylo:  Why, just because I dont like the endurance run? "
@fwylo said:
" @Astras: Yup "
fwylo is never lies or maybe that abe lincoln i mix them up alot "
You rang?
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#229  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I LOVE watching Deadly Premonition, especially the story. It's amazing, its the perfect horror-comedy.

However, if I would rather throw up than play it myself, watching it is sweet though. I only watch VJ, just throwing that out there.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#230  Edited By buzz_killington

A lot of people, including me, enjoy the Endurance Run(s).

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By dancinginfernal

If you don't like the ER don't watch it, you don't need to make a damn thread about it. 

/rage

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#232  Edited By Siphillis

GB is starting to stagnate from scripted material (video reviews, TANG) in favor of more candid commentary (Quick Looks, Thursday Night Throwdown, Endurance Runs), which is a shame since I've always thought of written material to be their forte. 

I think a better argument is that the Bomb Squad is too small, and too selective.  I love this gaming site more than almost any other, but it cannot substitute running blog (Kotaku, Joystiq) or major media outlets (IGN, Eurogamer, GameTrailers); if I were to go to one of those sites instead, I am guaranteed a timely review, ample news coverage, and High Definition video, even if they don't care for Mondays.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By TheKidNixon

As many other have said, I think its foolish to think that the ER(s) take away from other content from the site. I'm curious what you'd like instead, other than maybe more video reviews (which personally are never very interesting to be totally honest, save for a few gems, as most of them are just flashier versions of the written review which was already released). 

Plus the ER gives some of us a reason to return to the site every day, and so we can catch all that OTHER great content the site is already putting out. The amount of Quick Looks this week and all the stuff from Bethesda event stands as a good example. 

Plus PLUS, Giant Bomb is really doing a service. Deadly Premonition is a game worth witnessing and talking about, but playing it is actually a bit torturous. And this is from someone who actually bought the game. 

Plus plus PLUS, people who say that Persona 4 is shitty are hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By TheDoorman
@Astras:  Just because you don't like something does not mean other people do not enjoy it. You don't like the endurance run, Do not watch the endurance run. An example of what not to do is make a thread saying you hate it.

I personally do not agree with your opinion because I enjoy my daily endurance run with my coffee.
deadbynature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By deadbynature

I fell in love with the persona ER cause it gave the experience of playing the game I would never play otherwise and had an awesome experience with Vinny and Jeff. but hey that's just me. But I hear what your saying, they aren't for everyone.. I find myself skipping brad and Ryan (sorry guys!) a lot cause I can't watch the same thing twice. maybe a second play through after vinny and jeff finish.

to sum up, to each there own. =)

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#237  Edited By HadesTimes

I agree that DP is an awful game, it certainly has not made me as excited about this Endurance Run as I was about Persona 4.  But I still usually like watching Jeff and Vinny play it.  I would NEVER play it myself and I WOULD prefer them play another game.  But if they can stand playing, I can stand watching.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By bhhawks78

Worst poster ever, besides the combat which isn't bad if you use your head it's one of the top 5 games of the year.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Hourai

Deadly Premonition isn't really that bad of a game. The combat bits are mostly terrible, but the story more than makes up for it. Besides, they could play through Big Rigs and the commentary would still make it entertaining. 

Although I kind of wish they picked a different game, something similar to Persona 4. Always next time. 

Globox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Globox82

who ever watched ER, especially every or most Persona episode is complete loser and no lifer, sorry.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Hourai
@Globox82 said:
" who ever watched ER, especially every or most Persona episode is complete loser and no lifer, sorry. "
Trolling on video game forums doesn't make you any better. 
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By iamjohn
@Globox82 said:
" who ever watched ER, especially every or most Persona episode is complete loser and no lifer, sorry. "
PROTIP: Calling people losers on a video game forum is the pot calling the kettle black.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By ArchScabby
@Globox82 said:
goddammit!  Why did nobody tell me I was such a loser?  I wouldn't have watched these if  I would have known!  Thanks for letting me down guys.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#244  Edited By Astras
@LordAndrew:@LordAndrew said:
" @Astras said:
" Why, just because I dont like the endurance run? "
Never express dislike for any of the site's features. Ever. Unless you don't care if people hate you. "
Nope, dont really care because all I was saying was the truth about what I was thinking, heck I like giant bomb but just dont like the endurance runs.... If people can't handle one persons opinion and feel the need to tell me how worthless my opinion is to make themselves either :

a) Be part of the mob screaming giant bomb defence rants at me.
b) General insults to make themselves feel more manly
c) Sheeping it, as following the crowd makes them feel more part of the community, without a single thought of their own

it kind of makes me feel a bit sad for them. Anyway yeah I just think 2 of the same endurance runs is over the top. I know I don't have to watch it if I don't want too. But I thought i'd just make a thread about what I was feeling and see if anyone feels the same. For people saying there is no substance to my argument... why do I have to make an argument for this... it's pretty obvious, and i'm glad some people are writing that they like it because it shows at least everyone has different tastes.
DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By DoctorWelch

Wow, this astonishingly stupid thread has really drawn out a lot of the idiots (or at least whinny little kids) on Giant Bomb.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By yakov456

Boom.

I don't watch these, but it is only because of the length of said videos. The time you need to invest in these is just too much, at least for a working adult.

D6Chicago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By D6Chicago

Nothing stops the Endurance Run mother f'er! -Jeff Gerstmann ER-Persona 4 ep. 61 08:35 

Oh and Vinny casts Bufu on things.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Hunkulese

What game haven't they sufficiently covered since they started the Endurance run?  Your argument falls flat because everything worth covering has been covered.

If you don't like watching them no one is forcing you to. There's no way the site would be any better if they weren't doing an ER. I have no interest in DS or PSP games so I don't watch those videos. I don't have the need to bitch about how they should be spending their time doing something else.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Globox82 said:
Thanks.
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Ryax
@Globox82 said:
that makes you sound like more of an idiot than astras. which at this point is kinda hard. congrats.