No more endurance runs thank you very much!

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#51  Edited By BeachThunder

Wow, what's up with the insane amount of defensive comments? o_O

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

You made this just looking for a fight didn't you?

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By NakAttack
@BeachThunder: from who astras or everyone else
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By Astras

@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" You made this just looking for a fight didn't you? "

@W0lfbl1tzers: not really, just looked at the video's that I havn't watched yet and all there was , was basically most of the endurance run video's.. and i wanted to watch more giant bomb but can't be arsed with those video's because they suck to me...
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#55  Edited By sweep  Moderator

So basically: 

• You personally don't like it. 

Which is fine. Some people do like it, you should acknowledge their opinions even if you don't respect them. No need for all the rage :)
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Lowbrow

Start your own website, I'm sure you'll have more users than GB in a week.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ThePaleKing

Holy shit I  just had a brilliant idea! If you don't like it, then just don't fucking watch it! Wooooawwaahahoowow!    

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By KarlHungus01

You really must have not watched much of the ER, because not only is the game good, it's one of the more memorable games I've played in the last year or two.  All 4 of the staffers have mentioned a growing enjoyment ever since the first few episodes were over.  Gameplay isn't the point in this game.  It plays and looks like you would expect a super budget title to play and look.  It's not coincidence that the combat heavy portions of the game make for the worst ER episodes. 

However, you can't help but smile when you get a scene where a character repeatedly tries to convince York to try a Turkey, Strawberry Jam, and Cereal sandwich, or when you get weird pop culture banter while driving around in your car.  These moments come very frequently and are entertaining.  IMO the game is best played on Easy, where you can breeze past the combat sections quickly.  Sidequest for an infinite ammo weapon and the radio, and all of a sudden you've solved two of the main complaints with the game: combat and driving.  This allows you to enjoy the characters and the story, which are both far above average for the gaming industry and something unique. 

The ER brings an audience to quirky games that fly seriously under the radar.  Most people who watch and enjoy them will probably never buy either Deadly Premonition or Persona 4.  Whether or not they should be doing the ER is beside the point.  As mentioned earlier, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@Astras: No, you did make it looking for a fight. You would have a valid argument if they stopped making other content but they haven't. In fact, they have increased the amount of content they pushed out specifically for the community. I like How I Met Your Mother but I think Two and a Half Men is a plague on mankind. They won't stop making it because it makes them money. The endurance run gets clicks. Whether you like it or not it will be here.
NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NakAttack
@KarlHungus01 said:
" You really must have not watched much of the ER, because not only is the game good, it's one of the more memorable games I've played in the last year or two.  All 4 of the staffers have mentioned a growing enjoyment ever since the first few episodes were over.  Gameplay isn't the point in this game.  It plays and looks like you would expect a super budget title to play and look.  It's not coincidence that the combat heavy portions of the game make for the worst ER episodes.  However, you can't help but smile when you get a scene where a character repeatedly tries to convince York to try a Turkey, Strawberry Jam, and Cereal sandwich, or when you get weird pop culture banter while driving around in your car.  These moments come very frequently and are entertaining.  IMO the game is best played on Easy, where you can breeze past the combat sections quickly.  Sidequest for an infinite ammo weapon and the radio, and all of a sudden you've solved two of the main complaints with the game: combat and driving.  This allows you to enjoy the characters and the story, which are both far above average for the gaming industry and something unique.  The ER brings an audience to quirky games that fly seriously under the radar.  Most people who watch and enjoy them will probably never buy either Deadly Premonition or Persona 4.  Whether or not they should be doing the ER is beside the point.  As mentioned earlier, if you don't like it, don't watch it. "
QFT
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Evilsbane
@Astras said:
" @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" @Astras said:
"...lets have some better website content :D "
And, JUST LIKE THAT, the editors put down what they were doing and realized exactly what they were doing wrong. For years, they've been wondering how to improve their site and, here comes Astras, with the solution in hand. Boy, having better website content, who'd have thought? Thank you for saving Giant Bomb good sir, for this site would've been truly lost without you. "
Very nice... LOL, attack my credibility just because I state something that I don't like and you probibly like. You basically have misrepresented what I wrote by only showing a part of my original post which is pathetic. As I stated, to ME I dont like the endurance run, I like everything else... since the endurance run theres been a real slowdown in everthing else.. so can we just stop doing a DOUBLE???  endurnace run and maybe just have one or summat.. then maybe things would pick up again? "
A slow down with other videos? What the hell are you talking about? There have been 9 quicklooks in the past 7 days and two ER's every day what else do you want?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By CL60

I can't believe people in this topic are actually saying DP is good. I can understand defending the ER, but no..DP isn't a very good game. The only reason they are doing the ER of it is because it's so bad.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Milkman

Cool, bro. Too bad 90% of the site disagrees with you. But since Astras doesn't like the Endurance Run, they might as well cancel it.

Buccura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By Buccura

Could always just, y'know, not watch them.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By rjaylee

Someone's gotta do it. 

SmoovLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SmoovLT
@Astras:
Then ignore it, or go somewhere else for the content you want.  Oh, and stop making stupid threads about stuff you don't like.
KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By KarlHungus01
@CL60:  

Have you played Deadly Premonition?  It isn't a AAA title, but it's not a bad game.  Sites like Gamespot wouldn't give it a 7/10 if it was truly atrocious.  The story and characters are very memorable, which is more than you can say for most video games.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By ProfessorEss
@CL60 said:

" I can't believe people in this topic are actually saying DP is good. I can understand defending the ER, but no..DP isn't a very good game. The only reason they are doing the ER of it is because it's so bad. "

That's actually the main thing I don't like about this round of Endurance Runs.
I think the joke that is Deadly Premonition would've worn out a lot quicker if they weren't doing it. :)

"Gameplay isn't the point of this game", what does that even mean?
KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KarlHungus01
@ProfessorEss:  

It means that some people will be willing to accept the fact that the gameplay in DP is mediocre at best to have fun with a very quirky and interesting story.  Deal with it.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Astras
anyway, so yes I dont like the endurance run. I dont like the game, the format of having two endurance runs... so cool for me. And yes I would rather maybe see a single endurance run of something else instead or other content.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CL60
@KarlHungus01 said:
" @ProfessorEss:   It means that some people will be willing to accept the fact that the gameplay in DP is mediocre at best to have fun with a very quirky and interesting story.  Deal with it. "
And the only reason you can accept that is because there is an ER of it....if it were any other game, or the ER wasn't going for this game everybody would be calling it shit because the gameplay sucks.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Astras
@SmoovLT: 
Well I can clearly see that i'm not the only one that doens't like the endurance run current setup... *looks through... I think there was one or two other brave souls that dare to say they are not enjoying it at the moment.
KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KarlHungus01
@CL60:  

Got news for you.. plenty of other sites gave DP good reviews before the Endurance Run started.  Plenty of people played and enjoyed the game before the Endurance Run started.  It was already becoming somewhat of a cult game.  Giant Bomb was somewhat late to the party.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dbz1995
@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
" @Astras said:
And, JUST LIKE THAT, the editors put down what they were doing and realized exactly what they were doing wrong. For years, they've been wondering how to improve their site and, here comes Astras, with the solution in hand. Boy, having better website content, who'd have thought? Thank you for saving Giant Bomb good sir, for this site would've been truly lost without you. "
This is great. Thanks for that.

Dude, you watch around very few episodes and say it sucks. You are but 1 person. There may be around 20 more people that agree with you.

There are around 84,000 people as registered members of this site. If we take half of that number, we get 42,000. That's, I'm going to say, how many people watch the Endurance Run. Maybe you want to half that again, making 21,000 views. Still 1000 more than your number.

Is it hard to ignore something you don't like? There isn't a massive necessity to watch the ER. There is very little advertisement of it. And it isn't like the ER disrupts them from doing any more work for you 21 people.

There are probably more Vega players on SSFIV than there are complainers about the ER. Just sayin'.
Burntlettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By Burntlettuce
@KarlHungus01 said:
" @ProfessorEss:   It means that some people will be willing to accept the fact that the gameplay in DP is mediocre at best to have fun with a very quirky and interesting story.  Deal with it. "
Blasphemy...
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By iamjohn
@CL60 said:
" And the only reason you can accept that is because there is an ER of it....if it were any other game, or the ER wasn't going for this game everybody would be calling it shit because the gameplay sucks. "
There's an entire thread on NeoGAF and a bunch of threads on the DP board that show just how very wrong you are.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#77  Edited By EpicSteve

I agree with you. I don't understand the draw of watching long periods of gameplay daily. I would much prefer another video series, or more written content.

EliasT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By EliasT

Wow leave the guy alone.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By CL60
@KarlHungus01 said:

" @CL60:   Got news for you.. plenty of other sites gave DP good reviews before the Endurance Run started.  Plenty of people played and enjoyed the game before the Endurance Run started.  It was already becoming somewhat of a cult game.  Giant Bomb was somewhat late to the party. "

A lot of people were joking around. For example..destructoid giving it a 10.

And example of you saying...yeah the gameplay sucks but the story is good! So the game is good!

The gameplay of Star Wars The Force Unleashed got very repetitive and boring. But look at the story, the story is FANTASTIC. Yet, a crap load of people on this site say that the game sucks because the gameplay is repetitive, completely ignoring the story. 

What's so different about Deadly Premonition? And don't even say "Well it's supposed to be bad!"

Simple fact is...the game sucks regardless of how the story is. It's a terribly made game.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Astras
@dbz1995:@dbz1995 said:
" @Astras said:
This is great. Thanks for that.  Dude, you watch around very few episodes and say it sucks. You are but 1 person. There may be around 20 more people that agree with you.  There are around 84,000 people as registered members of this site. If we take half of that number, we get 42,000. That's, I'm going to say, how many people watch the Endurance Run. Maybe you want to half that again, making 21,000 views. Still 1000 more than your number.  Is it hard to ignore something you don't like? There isn't a massive necessity to watch the ER. There is very little advertisement of it. And it isn't like the ER disrupts them from doing any more work for you 21 people.  There are probably more Vega players on SSFIV than there are complainers about the ER. Just sayin'. "

Really dude, this is a discussion forum, do not think I am stupid enough to believe that anything I write here acutally makes a difference to how the site operates. The forums are for discussing and that is exactly what I did. I opened up with an opinion about the endurance run.. how I fell about that and wondered what everyone else thinks about it. I dont care about the numbers of people that come to giant bomb. I am only interested in what people think about the endurance run setup. That IS what a forum is for isn't it?
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Brians

The video on the site is free. If that was not true peoples opinion of what the video is might matter more. As that is not the case, complaining about something you get for free makes you look like a dick. If you don't like it don't watch it. I didn't think I would enjoy this endurance run, but then the story got crazy it a great way.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DrPockets000

Don't watch it then.  Some of us like the ER.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By JoelTGM

Then don't watch it.  The reason I come to this site is for gaming news and reviews, but also all the original video content, like the endurance run.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Astras
@Briguile said:
" The video on the site is free. If that was not true peoples opinion of what the video is might matter more. As that is not the case, complaining about something you get for free makes you look like a dick. If you don't like it don't watch it. I didn't think I would enjoy this endurance run, but then the story got crazy it a great way. "
Dude, insults are not cool, a discussion forum is for discussing things. Why should i ever feel worried about voicing one of my opinions and seeing what everyone else thinks about the topic?
WHY? because people like you just think that the forums actually matter beyond the discussion at hand and feel the need to jump on a flame bandwagon or something... flame away!
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By CL60
@iAmJohn said:
" @CL60 said:
" And the only reason you can accept that is because there is an ER of it....if it were any other game, or the ER wasn't going for this game everybody would be calling it shit because the gameplay sucks. "
There's an entire thread on NeoGAF and a bunch of threads on the DP board that show just how very wrong you are. "
Just because a game has a following doesn't mean it's good. Big Riggs Over The Road Racing has a following...does that mean it's a good game? I think not.
Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Um, ya know, no one's got a gun to your head and forcing you to watch the ERs. In fact, no one's forcing you to visit this site at all.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RichardLOlson
@Astras said:
" @fwylo: cool, cheers dude.. what can I say apart from the game sucks.. and watching people play it TWICE sucks even more "
I do agree with you Astras, there is no real point to endurance run.  Just 2 or 3 guys playing a game till the end and making comments about it during the game play.  Anyone can do that, but because its 2 or 3 guys who run the website that do it, everyone has to dick ride them and say how awesome this thing is.  And then when someone comes around and says "I don't like this or that", those "dick riders" decide to call that person an asshole and say how wrong they are.  Well if Astras don't like the show, so what.  Some people on this site really need to not dick ride, its really annoying.
Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Lowbrow
@Astras said:

" @dbz1995:@dbz1995 said:

" @Astras said:
This is great. Thanks for that.  Dude, you watch around very few episodes and say it sucks. You are but 1 person. There may be around 20 more people that agree with you.  There are around 84,000 people as registered members of this site. If we take half of that number, we get 42,000. That's, I'm going to say, how many people watch the Endurance Run. Maybe you want to half that again, making 21,000 views. Still 1000 more than your number.  Is it hard to ignore something you don't like? There isn't a massive necessity to watch the ER. There is very little advertisement of it. And it isn't like the ER disrupts them from doing any more work for you 21 people.  There are probably more Vega players on SSFIV than there are complainers about the ER. Just sayin'. "

Really dude, this is a discussion forum, do not think I am stupid enough to believe that anything I write here acutally makes a difference to how the site operates. The forums are for discussing and that is exactly what I did. I opened up with an opinion about the endurance run.. how I fell about that and wondered what everyone else thinks about it. I dont care about the numbers of people that come to giant bomb. I am only interested in what people think about the endurance run setup. That IS what a forum is for isn't it? "
Actually, you posted what amounts to a whiny flame about the current endurance run. The users here generally tolerate a well though out post that has discussion value. So lets stop for a moment take a look at what you wrote: 

" The endurance run sucks, the fact that they're all doing it also is just pointless. Surely theres other things that the guys could be doing instead of these pointless endurance runs such as video reviews/ features/ quicklooks etc..
If I wanted to watch someone play a crap game and have a laugh at the same time.. I would go around to a mates and watch him play FF13.. at least I can interact with the banter."

Speak like an asshat in a public forum and a million more asshats come out of the woodwork to answer said asshatery in kind, my brother!

Welcome to the internet!
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#89  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Ok. Gonna watch the some VJ today.

KarlHungus01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By KarlHungus01
@CL60:  

The Force Unleashed was also a $60 game.  Deadly Premonition is $20.  I'm not saying the game is high art, but it offers good entertainment value for the money.  There are other, better, Star Wars games out there.  Nothing is like Deadly Premonition.
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Astras said: 
Dude, insults are not cool
I lol'ed
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By CL60
@RichardLOlson said:
" @Astras said:
" @fwylo: cool, cheers dude.. what can I say apart from the game sucks.. and watching people play it TWICE sucks even more "
I do agree with you Astras, there is no real point to endurance run.  Just 2 or 3 guys playing a game till the end and making comments about it during the game play.  Anyone can do that, but because its 2 or 3 guys who run the website that do it, everyone has to dick ride them and say how awesome this thing is.  And then when someone comes around and says "I don't like this or that", those "dick riders" decide to call that person an asshole and say how wrong they are.  Well if Astras don't like the show, so what.  Some people on this site really need to not dick ride, its really annoying. "
I agree, that this community really likes to kiss the staff members asses. All the damn time. Nobody is allowed to disagree with a staff member on this site for the most part, and if you do, you will get shit on by everybody.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Brians
@Astras:  the way you started this topic, was a bad way to start it.  " The endurance run sucks, the fact that they're all doing it also is just pointless. Surely theres other things that the guys could be doing instead of these pointless endurance runs such as video reviews/ features/ quicklooks etc"

Makes you sound like an entitled jerk. If you said something that wasn't completely negative and had something worse discussing it would be fine. Feel free to have the opinion's you want, but when you come in and complain like you were people will call you on your attitude.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Astras
@The_A_Drain: 
hehe, mr A Drain, you know all about that huh... just because you can get a response from someone because of a random flame you made does not make you have moral high ground :P
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By CL60
@KarlHungus01 said:

" @CL60:   The Force Unleashed was also a $60 game.  Deadly Premonition is $20.  I'm not saying the game is high art, but it offers good entertainment value for the money.  There are other, better, Star Wars games out there.  Nothing is like Deadly Premonition. "

Alan Wake? Which will be a shit load better.

And it shouldn't matter how much the game costs. Just because something shitty is a low price doesn't automatically make it good.
Avatar image for white_silhouette
White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By White_Silhouette
@Astras said:
Well I can clearly see that i'm not the only one that doens't like the endurance run current setup... *looks through... I think there was one or two other brave souls that dare to say they are not enjoying it at the moment. "
So logically since you, and a few other don't like them (on a site of thousands + ) they should stop them?

I don't like them. I don't watch them. When the appear on the main page i ignore them. Maybe they will do a game i'm interested in and I'll watch them. That doesn't mean they should stop. Maybe you should try this logic.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By dbz1995
@Astras said:
" @dbz1995:@dbz1995 said:
" @Astras said:

Really dude, this is a discussion forum, do not think I am stupid enough to believe that anything I write here acutally makes a difference to how the site operates. The forums are for discussing and that is exactly what I did. I opened up with an opinion about the endurance run.. how I fell about that and wondered what everyone else thinks about it. I dont care about the numbers of people that come to giant bomb. I am only interested in what people think about the endurance run setup. That IS what a forum is for isn't it? "
But then, there are other ways of expressing your opinion on the forums instead of making this a to-and-fro assault onto you. For example, I was literally just about to make a thread: 'After watching some more of the ER, are you starting to enjoy Deadly Premonition?'. My view on this is yes, but making an entire thread on that will just lead to a large amount of 'Yeah, I do too' or 'Cool story, bro'. You could have easily made a thread saying whether you like the Endurance Run or not. Then you would not have got this huge amount of replies.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#98  Edited By EpicSteve
@Briguile said:
" The video on the site is free. If that was not true peoples opinion of what the video is might matter more. As that is not the case, complaining about something you get for free makes you look like a dick. If you don't like it don't watch it. I didn't think I would enjoy this endurance run, but then the story got crazy it a great way. "
At the end of the day, the staff gets paid to provide us a service. If someone is unhappy with that service, then they have the right to complain in a constructive manner. With the GiantBomb staff being so small, the ER is taking up a lot of resources. The OP would much prefer those resources being put to use elsewhere.
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Astras
@Lowbrow: 
True, but then again sometimes I dont feel like constructing carefully  written essays everytime I want to make a post, it gets tiresome for me.. maybe it does sound whiney but u basically understand what I mean with the post.
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Brians
@dbz1995:  100% agreed, I think it's such a hot topic because instead of discuissing endurance run he started by whining about it.