The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Lideth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Does anyone remember this one old PC game, from ehh 1998+ish. It was, I think a girl, in a house. I believe her family was having dinner or something and she had to gather her family members or something. I vaguely remember but I remember a soda machine that if you clicked it, you get a sticker. And you would have to use the items you clicked for different things. In one mini game you had to balance people on a scale....thats all I remember.

Also theres another old PC game that came out that same time. It was a about fighting a wizard...that one is more of a blur. But I remember you would collect powers and what -not...

bvazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702  Edited By bvazz

Hi everybody, I'm trying to find a SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive) game that I would guess was released sometime around 1993-1996.

I have gone through literally every one of the 915 games Wikipedia has listed as being released on the Genesis.

It was a platformer with colorful graphics and a sort of cartoonish style. I remember one level in particular and it had either a waterfall or a big ladder on one side of the screen but other than that I cannot find this game for the life of me. Anybody have any clues?

SnowyPliskin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#703  Edited By SnowyPliskin

Im afraid my reccollections are pretty vague but maybe someone might know.

Black and white, kinda hand drawn,PS2 (or PS1?) with a hub world sort of thing. EDGE did a piece on it way back in the day, probably talking later 90's-early 00's.

annielei93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am looking for an old kids PC game. Would have been made in the 90s probably for Windows 95. The game was cartoony and bright coloured much like the PC game Candyland or any of the Fisher Price Adventure games. Anyway, it had a medieval theme. You went around trying to stop the villain who was, I believe, a jester. Part of the game required you to decorate a cupcake which you topped off with something very spicy. There was a festival and the villain was there disguised as a dragon. You tricked him into eating the cupcake and he blew fire. Later in the game, there was an old-school roller coaster. I cannot remember much about this game, but I do remember not being able to beat it...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Vasiliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706  Edited By Vasiliz

First post here, pretty desperate and in a state of utter brain burn!

So, here goes:

dystopian setting, a pretty grey future world, i think a first person adventure game, contains world government elements etc, a massive sub/railway system connects all major european cities. probably published after 2004. any help?

KasparX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707  Edited By KasparX

@bvazz said:

Hi everybody, I'm trying to find a SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive) game that I would guess was released sometime around 1993-1996.

I have gone through literally every one of the 915 games Wikipedia has listed as being released on the Genesis.

It was a platformer with colorful graphics and a sort of cartoonish style. I remember one level in particular and it had either a waterfall or a big ladder on one side of the screen but other than that I cannot find this game for the life of me. Anybody have any clues?

Erm...Contra?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfBVde87P2s

More "cartoonish"?

Gunstar Heroes?
http://www.giantbomb.com/gunstar-heroes/3030-2190/

catmando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot the name of a third-person open world game that took place in a robot city of some sorts. The main character was some kind of a average joe robot while all the other robots looked the same according to their job (bankers, guards, priests, reporters etc.) and also had the abilty to transform/disguise himself as another robot, gaining their ability or clearance to some areas, but he had either had to "steal" another robot's looks or do it when noone sees him. In between the areas that needed disguising there was a free roaming traffic area with flying cars, some of them having weapons and upgrades. Some of the missions were also associated with cars such as races, chasing other robots, flight combat etc. I remember playing it on PC but sadly I can't remember around which year it was released.

sianhowellslp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok really need help seen this forum and had to post I use to have a pc game it was between 1998-2000 you play this character who has been poisoned and his veins are green you start out in this like big castle and you have to sneak past guards and find a cure think it was a rpg that's all I really remember but I know I loved the game and want to play it again but for the love of god I can't Remember its name Iv been trying to find it for last 2 years please help

kkoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710  Edited By kkoo

I used to play this game as a kid on xbox. I remember playing as a small alien/monster. Going through sewer like settings, and powering up by drinking an orange beverage of some sort. I cannot for the life of me remember what the game is, and google isn't helping. Anyone have any ideas?

bloodywhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711  Edited By bloodywhat

Well sometime in the mid to late 90s I played a 3D sci-fi first person action game. I can't remember most of the game but I do remember some of the things that stood out most to me. It was a modern, urban game that seemed to have a subway station at the start of each level, the civilians and enemies were flat images that rotated facing you at all times and often the player would encounter 'hologram' enemies. I can tell this info is almost completely useless however I might as well post something. It was pretty cool even though at the age I played it I probably didn't have a clue what I was doing.

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kkoo: Could that be Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee?

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bvazz: Joe & Mac? Chuck Rock? Bubsy?

Pink_o_mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bluemau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi guys,im newbie here..so,forgive me if make many mistake in my first post...

i already searched google about this game,and i find a guy at yahooanswers with the same problem as me,but the answer is not good enough,so can anyone here help me???

oh,here is the question,i just completely copy that guy's question

[[[Whats the name of this somewhat old Insect strategy game?

alright guys and gals, I was thinking back on old video games with a friend today, and I remembered this old game I used to play, it was kind of like Command and Conquer, but with Ants,bees, beetles, and other bugs. I was wondering if anybody here could help me remember the name of it, so I will describe it in a little better detail:

In the game you have "hives" as your bases, each hive can create one type of insect depending on which kind of hive it was.

then there are a few types of said insect each hive can create, each getting progressively stronger.

Ants=light guns and i think possibly a rocket launcher

beetles=Grenades?

bees=cant really remember

and the full version had scorpions too I think.

hives had a gun on the top of them to help defend them.

the goal was to take over all enemy hives, you do this by creating a lot of bugs and sending them in to attack other hives,once you destroyed them they would turn white, then the hive would shoot some globs of stuff on the ground, you send your insects to pick up the globs, and once they do the hive becomes yours to produce more bugs at.

any help is greatly appreciated, as the computer I used to play it on has long since been recycled.]]]]

ty in advance for u guys help

Pink_o_mat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@pink_o_mat: Nah, couldn't have been that. Battle Bugs wasn't a base-building game.

bluemau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723  Edited By bluemau

@pink_o_mat nope..already check that...not that one....

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#724 sgtsphynx  Moderator

I got one, not sure if it's released yet though...

I'm trying to remember the name of a village building game. I think it's an indie game, probably still in development, seemed to be 17th century era constructions, your villagers marry and have children and I think that is the only way to increase your population. You also assign those villagers to different tasks like farming, chopping wood and the like, camera zoom is much closer than something like AoE2.

exxy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi guys, i cant remember the name but it was an 80s ish racing car game, it was a cocktail type machine (sit down) and it was 4 player - one player per side, i cant remember if you selected your color car or if it was auto chosen by the side you chose but you raced against the other 3 players ( computer controlled if no one played that side) and it side scrolled as you got further and further along the race. i think you picked up cash on the road along the way and at the end of each stage you could upgrade your vehicle - tyres, engine, turbo etc. if you were doing really well and pushed to the edge of the race screen and cars trailing couldnt keep up then the game auto caught them up but took fuel away or something like that. it had a small cartoony car feel to it and it was a look down game. it had a feel to it as though you were racing across the country or similar because as you finished one stage you went on to the next, it wasnt racing on a set track loop it was open racing.

thanks in advance

exxy

exxy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#727  Edited By Slag

I am looking for an old kids PC game. Would have been made in the 90s probably for Windows 95. The game was cartoony and bright coloured much like the PC game Candyland or any of the Fisher Price Adventure games. Anyway, it had a medieval theme. You went around trying to stop the villain who was, I believe, a jester. Part of the game required you to decorate a cupcake which you topped off with something very spicy. There was a festival and the villain was there disguised as a dragon. You tricked him into eating the cupcake and he blew fire. Later in the game, there was an old-school roller coaster. I cannot remember much about this game, but I do remember not being able to beat it...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

The Legend of Kyrandia?

http://www.giantbomb.com/the-legend-of-kyrandia/3030-295/

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Ok so this one is hard to explain but here goes:

It's a 4X space game, it ran in a window on Windows XP (98 maybe?), it looked like Asteroids' vector graphics (black background, wireframe ships) and controlled much the same way. You'd pilot a ship, land on a planet, build a convoy and take over that planet. Other ships would all be doing the same...

It's NOT Aurora either. I played a demo that was on the disk of a magazine ... but that's all I know.

tekurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi im looking for an old space game i used to play. i think it was around 1998-2001

its a 2d space game where you are a spaceship and you have weapons and kill enemies on levels.. i remember a weapon that is a chain attached to the spaceship with a spikes ball on the end.. when you finish a level you go to a vortex to the next level.. the level maps are repeating itself as you fly through the map... (you go to the end of the map and come out from the other end)

hope you can help me.

KMitchell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730  Edited By KMitchell

Ok. Here is what I remember.

We are talking about a 90's arcade game. The genre is fighting and I don't remember more than two people playing at one time. It was medieval-ish based. There was a female character named Kris who wielded a quarterstaff. I remember this vividly because my name is Kris and it was awesome that I could kick everyone's keester with a girl. I remember another character, male, with a large war hammer. It was a lot like Mortal Kombat, but it didn't have so many special abilities and move combinations.

The more I think about it I think you had to move to a different set of controls to play a different character.

Here is the last piece. I think that name of the game was blockheads. I have done some seriously googleing and searching from the links above to no avail.

Anyone out there remember this one?

Darkwalker75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have had a game on my mind for a while, but cant for the life of me remember the title.

I will try to describe it as best I can, unfortunately my memory is vague at best.

I dont remember any specifics like company or release year, what I do remember is that it was a PC game

If I were to guess I could only give a timeframe, around 1990-2000, pluss/minus a few years,

I believe it was a side scroller type of game, but not sure, and I think you can choose loadout as well, and that you take off from a base of some sort.

You could choose aircrafts among most modern jet fighters, Harrier Jump Jet, F14, and I believe it was arcade action oriented.

One thing that frustrated me was that I was supposed to be able to swap aircraft between missions, but somehow it never worked for me, I was only able to swap aicraft and certain intervals.

Thats about all I can remember of it.

KMitchell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732  Edited By KMitchell
Darkwalker75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmitchell: No its not a Janes game, its not a simulator game of that kind.

From what I remember its closer to Pe-2 Dive bomber, only its not WWII, but modern day.

I wish I could remember more.

Nitestar319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x19: This is my first time writing in a thread so here goes nothing! I am trying to find a game that is either on the nintendo/supernintendo system. I would say it is from the late 80's early 90's.

The game has a mystical edge to it. The main character is a young boy and he is either wearing a hat or has messy hair. He has a side kick that looks like a brownish color fur ball which he throws at his enemies. When the fury creature is thrown, it bounces 2-3 times forward hitting any bad guys and then boomerangs directly back to the main character.

It is a one player game only and the graphics and colors make me think of adventure island for nes or snes. The layout of the levels are mario like in that the character can only go forward, maybe backwards, cant remember but only those two directions. It's not like the majority of Zelda's where Link runs all over the place. I hope that's enough recollection to ring some bells. Thanks so much for your help!

rojvol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I am trying to find one game and I am not really sure how old it can be. I could have played it somewhen around year 2000-2003. But I guess it could be older. It was adventure with drawed graphics (at least I think) where you played as a bear. The game started in his little house where he woke up and went out (I think you have to click to wake him up). Then I remember only some baloons which were flying up... I never beat that part of the game. It could be some hardcore logic game, and it could be for child. I was around 6-7 years that time, so it felt very complicated. I remember few more things, but I am not sure that they are real: I remember some walking mushrooms and I remember that whole world was inhabited by other animals.

Hamfunkiiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im new here.I was trying to find this game for 1 weeks.it's about 15 years ago.The game is A spaceship game that the spaceship fly from the left to the right.We can produce our ship when we pass a stage like buy a gun and put it on the top of the ship.I can remember 1 boss it's about 2nd stage maybe.The boss look like a yellow starship.

Please FIND ME THIS GAME.

i really go back to my childhood

sorry about my English :)

mirisplock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hi guys looking for name of the game :

used to played it on my pc ,back i high school in 90ties. you are some sort of alien trapped in castle with loads of rooms ,dungeons etc, u have to collect different things to get from one room to another like torches, gems, think coins as well ? sometimes u cannot step on the floor coz u activate creatures , sometimes they stand still, u cannot enter darkness coz some type of ghosts will kill u, they r figures like monks there as well , some other creatures moves like on chess board in straight lines , i think game stars outside in some sort of roof or balcony of the castle then u have to jump downstairs to room with some creatures , thats all i remember , tanks for help, mags

wwderonww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739  Edited By wwderonww

I'm almost sure no one knows the name of this particular game but I will give it a try. '92 - '96 is my best guess ('92-'00 would be my second best guess). Definitely a PC game, I played it on my PC. You controlled a space shuttle. There were a few different models of space shuttles that were unlocked by playing the game OR you chose one depending on what you had to do (finish fast, have more control, more weight, I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense, my memory is a blur). You played with a view from the top. I remember they were very difficult to control, as they slid outside of the map. I think it was mainly racing, but also shooting other objects/spaceships.

I would say the game was not specifically designed for kids as it didn't have that feel to it. It was not for adults but definitely not for kids only.

Thank you!

Stepanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got one I could never find again, found the rest.

On PC, going to go with 1988-1992. Intro or main menu showed a view of a Cube? that was a Space Station I would assume. I think the gameplay was a top-down puzzle. The player was maybe a triangle shaped thing. you moved in squares and there were solid blocks and lines of arrow tiles that forced you in one direction and you couldn't go back on them, I can't remember if there is combat sorry but I think there could've been a battery charge level that you had to be aware of. When I think back on it now, I can just picture what looks like circuitry.

Good luck.

abulranee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Help please? I used to play this game back in 1998-200. It's on PlayStation, and I'm not really sure about the genre. It could be action, or flying sim. It's polygonal, and it's about a cat (or some kind of animal) and he's a delivery man (or mailman), and he's riding a hot air baloon. He has to pick up red boxes and deliver them. And I think on some level he got shot at by canons. The opening music is in Japanese and to be honest, it's the music that I was after. Any help will be greatly appreciated, because this has been bugging for years. Thanks in advance :)

ilhamilkom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742  Edited By ilhamilkom

I watched my cousin play this game. It's about an US Navy/Army astronaut something who was stranded in a planet. The gameplay is like 3rd person free roam open world game. It's not "Body Harvest". There have such an indie effort to re-make the game with new engine. The game wasnt a best selling one but I think it pioneered open world/free roam gaming. The game was released in 1990s where there was not a lot of 3D graphics games. I mean 3D games. The graphic of the game is very very gorgeus for that time. It seems the game was ahead of its time.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

sprytliek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I'm looking for a PC game I watched my brother play in the early-to-mid 00's. As far as I can remember it was a FPS similar to Quake or Half Life. The part I remember the most is being in an outdoor area (though most of the game was in some sort of facility) with these little three-legged creatures hopping around. They weren't enemies, I remember them being kind of cute, but you could still gore them up pretty bad if you wanted to. They were kinda like rabbits or mini kangaroos. The area was fairly green and lush, I think surrounded by mountains, with some sort of shack/shed being the only structure. I also remember parts where you could go underwater and find items and stuff, and I think you could die by running out of breath. Oh, and this might be from a completely different game but I think the inside of the facility was some kind of abandoned laboratory or scientific research centre; I remember a part with dead scientists lying around everywhere and an alarm going off with a lady's voice counting down, and at the end of the countdown a door opens and the whole place gets swarmed with monsters. The inside was quite dim, there were a lot of alarms and red flashing lights. The monsters as I remember were fairly humanoid-looking, but I didn't watch him play the whole game. Any ideas?

Hlektr0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hlektr0n, #660 (my glorious self)

Ha, I found out what the game was: Wardner!!!

(I'm so happy with myself)

SamEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746  Edited By SamEyes

Hi guys, new here, wondering if you could help me,

First of all, great thread. Quite a few of the games mentioned have brought back a lot of memories, most I'd forgotten even existed! (Fury3 especially, wasted days on that game when I was a kid),

Anyway, the game I'm thinking of is very much like Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, pretty sure it was a point and click and was set on a boat, though I only faintly remember it. I thought it was Titanic: Adventure Out of Time at first but after watching a few videos of it, although it's similar, I'm not convinced it's the same game. Are there any other similar games set on boats? Pretty sure it would have been around the same time as it (between 1995/1997 is my best guess, on the PC),

I can't really remember much else about it, but it's driving me nuts not knowing what it is. Anyone?

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sameyes said:

First of all, great thread. Quite a few of the games mentioned have brought back a lot of memories, most I'd forgotten even existed! (Fury3 especially, wasted days on that game when I was a kid),

Anyway, the game I'm thinking of is very much like Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, pretty sure it was a point and click and was set on a boat, though I only faintly remember it. I thought it was Titanic: Adventure Out of Time at first but after watching a few videos of it, although it's similar, I'm not convinced it's the same game. Are there any other similar games set on boats? Pretty sure it would have been around the same time as it (between 1995/1997 is my best guess, on the PC),

I can't really remember much else about it, but it's driving me nuts not knowing what it is. Anyone?

Oh God, you've just reminded me how much I loved Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time as a kid.

Is the game you're thinking of also a FMV game? I assume it is because you say it looks very similar. Remember any specific moments?

SamEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#748  Edited By SamEyes

@sameyes said:

Oh God, you've just reminded me how much I loved Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time as a kid.

Is the game you're thinking of also a FMV game? I assume it is because you say it looks very similar. Remember any specific moments?

I don't think it was, the main reason I don't think it was Titanic is because I'm sure it didn't have actual live film characters, if any characters at all? But that would be the only difference. Perhaps it actually was Titanic but I only played a short segment/demo and didn't run into any people on it.

It's so frustrating that I can only really remember the general "vibe" of the game (if that makes any sense at all) and not really anything useful that would help identify it! Only thing really was being in a room with dark green walls and finding some papers on a table. Maybe it was Titanic, I might be going mad.

sleight5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping someone knows this game...

It was either late 90s early 2000, it was on the pc and it was very much like pokemon where you caught monsters and fought with them vs other people/monsters.

I think you started off inside a crystal forest of some sort.

If anyone thinks they know the game or can give me a hint it would be very appreciated

Thank You

bobisimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems like just the thread for me, because I've got a game in mind and I'm totally stuck trying to remember it.

What I (think I) remember:

I believe the game was made with Flash/on the web, and free. I think it was 2D, pixel graphics. I think it was an overhead view. I think you may have started in a military bunker, which may or may not have been abandoned. I think you may have been told to not leave the bunker, but I think you may have had the choice to stay or leave, and maybe received different endings as a result? I seem to remember a maze? I can kind of remember a field or maybe desert plains. There may have been a radio tower or signal coming from a tower? I think a sniper may have shot at you if you left, and you had to somehow avoid him or dodge the shots? I'm really struggling to remember specific details. Some of these details may be wrong. I hope any potential mistakes don't confuse people and make it so you can't help me out.

I think it would be more of an "experiential" or art-house game. I believe it was short, maybe 20-ish minutes in total. I think I played it around 2002-2004, give or take a year. There may have been some kind of surprise or twist that was discovered when leaving the base or bunker or whatever it was.