The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Morzun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#801  Edited By Morzun

I've also consulted another forum, but I'm going to try my luck here as they had no clue so far.

- Platform was either PC or N64

- Genre: racing

- Probably late 90's to maybe 2005

- You could choose between these aircraft-like types of vehicles

- It was not normal racing, as you had to fly

- No pickups (I think)

- It felt pretty arcady

- There was a sauzer-like ship, also another one I remember had a green and yellow paintjob

- One level was a canyon, with a few tunnels in it

- A game that feels a lot like this one is AeroGauge for the N64, the ships in the one I'm looking for were less futuristic though

- It's not a game from the F-Zero or Wipeout series

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hey guys, I cant remember the name of an old game so I will try to describe it, any help will be appreciated:

It was a demo and it was a PC game from 1990 to 2000, cant remember because I was a kid and I am 26 now :|.

It was a top down 2D view and the main char was a guy with 2 pistols initially, then once you kill an enemy you could take its body

and "become" them. If the enemy was a "ant with machineguns", then you "transform" in an ant with machineguns once you pass

near its body. I remember there was other enemies like a minitank robot who shoots rockets, once you kill it you could pass near

its body and then you would transform "in him". That's very nice concept and I want to play it again, but this time not only the demo.

Thx for any help.

Machine Hunter, loved that game.

Morzun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morzun said:

I've also consulted another forum, but I'm going to try my luck here as they had no clue so far.

- Platform was either PC or N64

- Genre: racing

- Probably late 90's to maybe 2005

- You could choose between these aircraft-like types of vehicles

- It was not normal racing, as you had to fly

- No pickups (I think)

- It felt pretty arcady

- There was a sauzer-like ship, also another one I remember had a green and yellow paintjob

- One level was a canyon, with a few tunnels in it

- A game that feels a lot like this one is AeroGauge for the N64, the ships in the one I'm looking for were less futuristic though

- It's not a game from the F-Zero or Wipeout series

Someone on a dutch forum got it! It was 'Slipstream 5000'

Soberdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, there's I've played this PC game from early to mid 2000 that I couldn't remember the name. So the lemme describe:

-The game is some kind of political simulation, you control a dude that talks to other dude.

-Game starts with some questionnaire.

-Sets in a fictitious post-soviet collapse fake-slavic state.

-Story start with something about your parents got kill? Killer is a dictator/president of aforementioned state.

-You try get support and members for your political party.

Those are the only thing I could remember, any help would be awesome.

package_attack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm searching for a spy game that was released for the PC roughly 10 years ago(maybe).

- Could have been the second or third game in the series

- Took place in WW2, you were an Allied spy up against Nazis

- You could steal uniforms; however, the higher ranking officers could spot you out if you tried to impersonate other officers

- I believe it was very Hitman like...

- A.I. was not partially great, it was easy to get them to talk one-by-one into a room and simply let the bodies pile up.

1. I believe it was ~10 years ago

2. PC

3. It was a spy / stealth / shooter type game

4. I remember the reviews being middling (at best) and specifically recall a video review on Gamespot.

Thanks in advance for you time and brain power!

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm searching for a spy game that was released for the PC roughly 10 years ago(maybe).

- Could have been the second or third game in the series

- Took place in WW2, you were an Allied spy up against Nazis

- You could steal uniforms; however, the higher ranking officers could spot you out if you tried to impersonate other officers

- I believe it was very Hitman like...

- A.I. was not partially great, it was easy to get them to talk one-by-one into a room and simply let the bodies pile up.

1. I believe it was ~10 years ago

2. PC

3. It was a spy / stealth / shooter type game

4. I remember the reviews being middling (at best) and specifically recall a video review on Gamespot.

Thanks in advance for you time and brain power!

Could it be Prisoner Of War?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#807  Edited By Krullban

I don't remember much. I was very young. I played it on a floppy disc. It was an adventure game, I think there were maybe 2 playable characters? I remember one of them possibly being blue, and the only thing I remember was a statue that was peeing.

Not a lot to go on.

Odiseuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so the game im looking for :

Genre: spaceship, shooter(a spaceship has to shoot), abit of puzzle, platform(newer than DOS, i think windows xp)

the screen is above the ship and the ship can go in any direction. i remember that in some maps there where machines that create aircurrents that push the ship around. i dont remember how to pass a map i think by driving the ship over a button!!!

its a bit similar to "zaxxon" but way newer and the screen was farther and it was top view.

one partecular map the air currents created a "sink whole" and the buttons where at the corner of the map!!

i played this game after i formated my pc to windows xp, and i think its a mini game but dont remember!!!

please can anyone help me!!! thanks in advance!!

RodrigoChaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809  Edited By RodrigoChaves

@thunderslash: OMG man, thx, you really have no idea how hard I was trying to remember. many thx

sleight5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping someone knows this game...

It was either late 90s early 2000, it was on the pc and it was very much like pokemon where you caught monsters and fought with them vs other people/monsters.

I think you started off inside a crystal forest of some sort.

If anyone thinks they know the game or can give me a hint it would be very appreciated

Thank You

pilaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, I am a new here and I am desperate finding one game I use to play long a go. Sorry for noob mistakes in advance. I hope someone of you will help me :)

It is a platform game, action genre. I played it in 1998. on PC. It has approximately 10 levels.

You play as a man handling gun struggling his way to final boss. First level you start in town, battling with some aliens/creatures. Second level is an some construction site. Third level is in the forest (here you can have assistance from some levitating head sized robot who shots at your enemies). Eventually at the end, you meet boss who is a some kind of doctor/scientist in laboratory complex (last level). He turns in some kind of monster (I think he turns into some bib monster boar???remembering guess)

Any help is appreciated. Thank you all.

EmiLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal_guy:

OH MY GOD YES!!

Its Jade Cocoon :DDD

I love you hahaha :D thanks mate <3

Been looking for this for aaaages. Thanks once again :D

Immortal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emilee:No problem. Glad to know I was right :)

Ms_Kitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I have 2 that I have no hope of getting figured out.

The first one was a FPS from the 90's for the computer. It was normal people, and I believe the very start of it was in a train station. I remember the first thing is you are at the top of a set of stairs and at the bottom are your first enemies to shoot. (I really don't remember much else)

The second game was a free world car game again for the PC around the mid to late 90s. I could have sworn it was called Route 66 but apparently it's not. You got like an old GTO to drive (if I remember) and you could drive around a very vast area. (I never played the missions, mostly just drove off cliffs to make my car explode) There was an online mode also. I think the only mission I remember any of, was that it involved a bus...

Sorry it's not much. :S Any help would be great, cuz I would LOVE to play them again lol.

LimpingFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Ms_Kitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms_kitteh

Second game sounds like Interstate '76.

OH! It was! Awesome! Thank you sooo much!

The first one was a FPS from the 90's for the computer. It was normal people, and I believe the very start of it was in a train station. I remember the first thing is you are at the top of a set of stairs and at the bottom are your first enemies to shoot. (I really don't remember much else)

Also after going through Wiki for every FPS game I finally found it. It was Soldier of Fortune :D

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, there's I've played this PC game from early to mid 2000 that I couldn't remember the name. So the lemme describe:

-The game is some kind of political simulation, you control a dude that talks to other dude.

-Game starts with some questionnaire.

-Sets in a fictitious post-soviet collapse fake-slavic state.

-Story start with something about your parents got kill? Killer is a dictator/president of aforementioned state.

-You try get support and members for your political party.

Those are the only thing I could remember, any help would be awesome.

I think this could be Republic: The Revolution. Not 100% sure though.

onleeben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819  Edited By onleeben

RESOLVED!

Okay, this one is next to driving me insane, so I would be soooo happy if someone could get it for me.

I used to play it as a kid, and I'm 17 now, so I was between 3 and 7. Idon't remember which console, but I can guarantee it wasn't computer. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a disc, but no guarantees. I'm pretty sure it was an RPG, but not certain.

The gameplay starts with you on a boat. You have to go around and talk to everyone I'm pretty sure. Then someting happened, like the boat crashed or exploded or something. Then something would appear on the screen, like death or a black logo or something. And later on in the game You'd fight things.

Another thing I remember is that it didn't have autosave which used to drive me nuts. If anyone can get it, I owe you my life! K go!

onleeben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's another game I remember. I think it was out between 2000 and 2004. I think it was an rpg. I also think it was on ps2 or ps1.

I only have faint memories, but I remember you swing on a vine past a guy who's selling upgrades that you have to go back to buy later on in the game. Also, you have to use items you get from people to go further in the game. For example, you get a mask and a paddle and you use it to get over a lake or a river.

That's all I remember, please help!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821  Edited By ll_Exile_ll  Online

@floydrocker said:

There was a game I played probably in the Mid or late 90s. It was in 3d and you were piloting some kind of train in outer space. I think it may have been on the moon. I remember it being on PC. When I went looking my mind told me Lode Runner but that's not it. I remember the gameplay consisting of telling the train when to switch tracks to avoid crashing into walls or other oncoming trains.

Loadstar: The Legend of Tully Bodine

Loading Video...

Gameplay starts at 10:50

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I played this demo of some game when I was younger. As far as I can remember, it was a sci-fi first person game. It kinda reminded me of Deus Ex. You woke up, in a deserted lab (maybe you were experimented on, maybe you were a cyborg or something), and you went around exploring, no guns if memory serves me right. Then you get some kind of tool to open doors? And after that you can exit the lab through some tunnel and there are rats maybe. Post '99, pre 2003-2004 or something around those lines. On PC.

This is the only old game I can't seem to find any traces of.

den9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello. Looking for names of 2 PC games, around 2000 year.

1. Full 3D shooter, pretty standard by genre

• main enemy - armored, straight walking lizards(green, yellow, red)
  • setting - abandoned ancient ruins
  • in hard reaching places, can "save children", near this places distinctive crying can be heard
  • remember swimming in water through fence gap in one of first levels

2. Logic game

• view from top, field of square tiles, looks basic
  • control "cart" (square with some wheels on sides), takes one tile
  • move around with this card, active lasers, mirrors, switches in right order and time to go further
  • avoid enemies (cant remember, can they shoot or nor) - same cart like yours, moving in determine paths
  • for some reason, remember word "swift", has it part on game name or game concept...

Looking for these game in years, can anyone help me? thanks in advance.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824  Edited By damodar

@onleeben said:

Okay, this one is next to driving me insane, so I would be soooo happy if someone could get it for me.

I used to play it as a kid, and I'm 17 now, so I was between 3 and 7. Idon't remember which console, but I can guarantee it wasn't computer. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a disc, but no guarantees. I'm pretty sure it was an RPG, but not certain.

The gameplay starts with you on a boat. You have to go around and talk to everyone I'm pretty sure. Then someting happened, like the boat crashed or exploded or something. Then something would appear on the screen, like death or a black logo or something. And later on in the game You'd fight things.

Another thing I remember is that it didn't have autosave which used to drive me nuts. If anyone can get it, I owe you my life! K go!

Alundra?

Macksujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#825  Edited By Macksujin

Hi there,

Ok this has been bugging me for years;

My older step-brother brought his mega-drive to our house around the early 90's, probably 1991-ish. I remember loving a game that was 1 vs 1 space ship battles. Each ship, of which there probably 8 to choose from, had its own stats and a special weapon. My brother always played as a large red coloured ship that looked like an ocotopus or something and fired little limpet mines that stuck to your ship and slowed your speed etc. I always chose a little green ship whose special move made it teleport around the screen (seemingly at random).

Needless to say my brother owned me every match.

Any help would be awesome, hope I have remembered the sparse details correctly.

Stepanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Macksujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#827  Edited By Macksujin
onleeben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

@onleeben said:

Alundra?

YES! Thank you so much!

pilaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pilaris: I manage to find it :D, very happy. The game is called Bio Menace.

Easm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may be a tough one since I don't have too many details about this game. I want to know which game it was because I only remember having lots of fun playing it.

It was for the SNES.
Single-player (I believe, since I don't remember ever playing multiplayer).
2D-Platform game

And well, I remember I controlled some weird "being" that ran all over a city. I say city because the only scene I remember is running in a street and running over cars.

That's it. Sorry I don't have more details besides that I had lots of fun playing it.

nickinoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Helloooo!! I'm desperate to find out what this game was called, hopefully I'll remember enough about it!

I played it back I the 90s on the PC game, I'm pretty sure the main character was a mouse (NOT Mickey Mouse) and it was mainly based on a ship / boat. It was in a platform style so you mainly jumped around. You could go into the kitchen and in the mechanics room, on the deck, the lounge etc. You had to collect coins and special objects, I remember you could also jump on objects such as jelly In the kitchen to make you do cool stuff. It really was an awesome game!! Please help me find it, I really want to play it again! Thank youuuu

nahgwihoafj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832  Edited By nahgwihoafj

Sneaky_biscuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been annoying me for ages now. It was early 2000's when I played this but I think it was passed drown by a family member. I don't remember what it was on but this is all I remember.

I think you played as a man and there were other people.

It was 2D

The main thing I remember is you had a stick or something that could talk and you threw it to solve puzzles or hit people I think.

I also remember putting in a code would take you to a random level or something.

I think the characters name may have been rachet but I'm not sure. I know it's not rachet and clank.

Can anyone help me it's annoying me now?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@den9 said:

Hello. Looking for names of 2 PC games, around 2000 year.

1. Full 3D shooter, pretty standard by genre

• main enemy - armored, straight walking lizards(green, yellow, red)
  • setting - abandoned ancient ruins
  • in hard reaching places, can "save children", near this places distinctive crying can be heard
  • remember swimming in water through fence gap in one of first levels

That sounds like Turok 2: Seeds of Evil to me, seems too obvious but that could be it.

Avatar image for a_talking_donkey
A_Talking_Donkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minivan said:

A platformer for the original game boy where you play a duck (I think?) with a gun who shoots spiders. I maybe remember jumping around on organ pipes? I never got very far in the game so that's all I've got to go on. I don't think it's Darkwing Duck, which is what keep coming up in google searches.

Maui Mallard?

nahgwihoafj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#836  Edited By nahgwihoafj

onleeben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onleeben said:

There's another game I remember. I think it was out between 2000 and 2004. I think it was an rpg. I also think it was on ps2 or ps1.

I only have faint memories, but I remember you swing on a vine past a guy who's selling upgrades that you have to go back to buy later on in the game. Also, you have to use items you get from people to go further in the game. For example, you get a mask and a paddle and you use it to get over a lake or a river.

Sorry for the bump, but I really need dis :S

Avatar image for a_talking_donkey
A_Talking_Donkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onleeben said:

@onleeben said:

Sounds vaguely like Tomba, except I don't remember there being a shop juxtaposed between vines - and you don't need a paddle to cross the river.

mue114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839  Edited By mue114

Hi guys! I'm looking for the name of an old PC game which I played around 1993.

It was an early 3D spaceship simulator, the controlled spaceship was flying over a base on another planet. You could not fly too high, because your power got too weak and started to fall down. So you had to stay close to special tower buildings (something like lighthouses with a lighting sphere or dome at the top). If you flied close to them, your power was filled and you get extra thrust. There were some other enemy spaceships flying around, and you had to shoot them with big lighting sphere-shaped bullets. The athmosphere was dark blue and purple and black. Your spaceship was kinda triangle shaped.

Thanks if you have an idea about which game was it.

Tooby56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840  Edited By Tooby56

Hello guys, I would be soooo happy if you could help me :) This game have jus come to my mind, and let me down :D you know what I'm talking about!

-This game has a strange name, probably Japanese

-It played it - I guess - 4-5 years ago

-In this game, you have two dummies(both were white) and you could click onto their parts and give the part a command(example to bend or to pull his arm)

-The menu was simple, the background was white as well, so it was a simple game, nevertheless so genious!

-The goal was to beat, or to kill the other body, or just to make an awesome fight scene

-With the spacebar you could move the time on

Please let me know if you have a hint :) Thank you in anticipation!! :) I love ya, u r awesome!!

MarcusJJordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842  Edited By MarcusJJordan
@krullban said:

I don't remember much. I was very young. I played it on a floppy disc. It was an adventure game, I think there were maybe 2 playable characters? I remember one of them possibly being blue, and the only thing I remember was a statue that was peeing.

Not a lot to go on.

Bubble and Squeak on the Amiga?

Or ... Gobliins 2?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

Not a lot to go on.

Bubble and Squeak on the Amiga?

Or ... Gobliins 2?

Gobliins 2! That's it.

MarcusJJordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g24s said:

This one's hard. I remember a platformer, arcade Mario Bros.-style, for Amiga in which you play as a dude wearing pajamas and it's all about fighting other dudes with kung fu.

It's not The Running Man, I can say that much.

My memory of how it looks is kinda vauge, but I do know for sure the style of the game is cartoony.

Can't say much about the backdrops, sorry.

As for the setting, it's fantasy I think. The level design is a mix of Mario Bros. and Bubble Bobble, kinda (you jump to platforms).

The one I bought the Amiga from, which came with a lot of copied games btw, had labeled the disk as "Kung Fu Pajamas" though that's not the title of the game, but it does look like the character you're playing as are wearing pajamas.

I don't think it's a sidescroller.

Maybe it was homebrew and therefore not that known.

I realise this one may have been answered in the three years since you asked, but just in case ... Dojo Dan?

MarcusJJordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been annoying me for ages now. It was early 2000's when I played this but I think it was passed drown by a family member. I don't remember what it was on but this is all I remember.

I think you played as a man and there were other people.

It was 2D

The main thing I remember is you had a stick or something that could talk and you threw it to solve puzzles or hit people I think.

I also remember putting in a code would take you to a random level or something.

I think the characters name may have been rachet but I'm not sure. I know it's not rachet and clank.

Can anyone help me it's annoying me now?

Bubba and Stix?

Nato280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys hope you can help me out with this one cos I am stumped.

Its a PC game I played in the early to mid 90's

You fly what i remember to be either a jet or some sort of space ship and its very similar to the view of star fox 64.

After you complete the flying part you then enter a base or something similar, the character gets out and then the game becomes third person.

Only part I remember after that is you have to avoid obstacles while navigating through this base, one of the obstacles is a giant fan you have to jump through and if you dont time it right it kills you.

Thanks to whoever can help

Prodius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, there was this game I used to play in the early 2000's on the PC, I think the game was older than that though. I remember starting out on a ship on the sea and I think there was another ship and they had my wife or some girl and her face was in sort of like a blury vision in the shape of a circle draining away. I then remember being in a town next to the ocean it kind of looked like an assassins creed city except really dumbed down and kind of tropical. You could swim in the water but there were sharks going around in circles in different areas, I remember that you could avoid them pretty easily and I swam across to another area which then led up to a cliff. Up on the cliff was this weird building with floating objects orbiting around in and outside of the building. It was kind of a myserious game and I think it was an adventure/Puzzle game. There were guards that would try to kill you in the town if you attacked them or anything else and I can kind of remember a light jungle behind the town. I know you had like a cutlass or some sort of sword as a weapon and I think the whole game was based on rescuing your wife from the guys that had kidnapped her at the start on the ship. This has been bothering me for a while now and i really NEED to know what this game was. It was actually a really good game and playing it would be really nostalgic and I look forward to it if anyone can help me. Thank you.

onleeben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_talking_donkey said:

@onleeben said:

@onleeben said:

Sounds vaguely like Tomba, except I don't remember there being a shop juxtaposed between vines - and you don't need a paddle to cross the river.

Not that one, the graphics were less cartoony, but thanks :P

ondeadmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#849  Edited By ondeadmage

-shoot 'em up or action
-pc game
-demo version on a (pink) cd with 99 in 1 games
-i'm guessing '90s somewhere
-could only play two levels, first level has a red plane in a turned down C form and second level had a big red tank which could drive up and down the screen
-when playing single player you had a green jet, with two you had a green and grey jet
-one of the difficulties was rookie
-similar to raptor: call of the shadows

thanks in advance

Doomduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers