• 55 results
JeremySpittle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JeremySpittle

Just wanted to point out that between Saturday the 5th and Friday the 11th there will be (after UPF) 15 full feature videos posted. I've had much of the week off from work and I still have gotten way behind in watching all the content - I haven't felt this satisfied with my premium membership since I originally bought it and watched my first UPF. Having Dan and Jason this week coupled with the opening of GiantBEAST has injected so much more content than what we've been seeing for the past few months. So thanks to the GB guys and their hard work - you can really see the vision they've had for these expansions coming through now.

Edit: Wait, Teach Me FIFA was just posted without me realizing. 16.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Yeah, it's been an insane week for content and I've enjoyed everything that's come out of the San Francisco and New York offices. Thanks very much Duders!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was already behind on content! :P

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GaspoweR

CONTENT GUYS SO MUCH CONTENT and not only that...

2 BIRTHDAYS OF 2 PEOPLE VERY IMPORTANT IN MY LIFE was this week, TI4 JUST STARTED, EVO IS THIS WEEKEND, THE WORLD CUP FINALS IS THIS SUNDAY, JOHN DRAKE JOINED SONY, AND LEBRON JAMES IS COMING BACK TO CLEVELAND!!!

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN FUCKING NUTS!!!

JULY!!!!!!!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike
No Caption Provided

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

...and there's already more content queued up for next week than can be shown on the front page!

No Caption Provided

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sbaitso

It's been a totally awesome week. Makes me chuckle at that "when's the content coming?" thread from a few days ago. Now to bring it full circle we need to start complaining about there being too much content.

Edit: Damn. @mb beat me to it.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

Yeah I was gonna make a similar thread. This week has been awesome.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yup, similar to like a week or two ago when Drew and Jeff were holdin it down and someone made a thread about that.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there has been too much i'm going to stop my subscription

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@mb said:
No Caption Provided

You use the black layout? Monster.

OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OGJackWagon69

Right on, I do not understand the people who are asking where the content is at, this is the most I've seen out of this website in one normal week in a long time, and this is a week in the middle of july when there is pretty much nothing happening in the world of games.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zevvion said:

@mb said:
No Caption Provided

You use the white layout? Monster who hates their eyes.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost too much, it's hard to keep up! I haven't had that complaint for a while. I guess I can binge on the weekend. Truly this is the age of Dragons.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So much great stuff this week! I just watched the Teach Me FIFA video, which was hilarious as expected, but also pretty informative. I know it's a singular thing with that game (and sport), but I'd love it if they expanded that series to other more niche games. Other than DOTA 2 ;)

(also, just a maybe irrelevant observation that everyone who's posted in this thread so far is a subscriber)

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Saturday and Sunday content coming!? Truly we are in the golden age.

JeremySpittle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingpk said:

Saturday and Sunday content coming!? Truly we are in the golden age.

I know, it's amazing! It will always feel like a sweet surprise even when they're scheduled because I'm just not used to seeing new content on weekends

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey weird, it's like they weren't bullshitting us when they were talking about how they were stretched super thin.

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So much content, but TI4 + my job starting this week means I haven't seen any of it!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It's almost as if hiring new people and increasing the number of people they have working on things has allowed them to increase the amount of things they can put out in a week!

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I am 100% on board with more content, but I hope they plan on doing different stuff, not just ramping up the amount of Quick Looks.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sbaitso said:

It's been a totally awesome week. Makes me chuckle at that "when's the content coming?" thread from a few days ago. Now to bring it full circle we need to start complaining about there being too much content.

Edit: Damn. @mb beat me to it.

Seriously, how am I supposed to watch all this shit? Remember when we just got a couple QLs and a UPF? Those were the days...

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#23  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Yeah, it's super crazy. I've never been this backlogged on content before, gonna chew through it this weekend, I think.

No complaints here! Yay for new hires + GBEAST!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This flood lined up perfectly with my vacation. But I'm worried if it continues, I'll have to start sneaking peaks during work.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yeah, sometimes there's just natural low fluctuations of content that are then promptly cut off by a healthy influx. In the down time between it, so many people always panic and make threads to express their disdain. It's gotten really predictable at this point and almost funny. Although, it's understandable enough.

Anyways, all the content's been great. I'm really liking Dan's contribution to the team, so far. I definitely think he was a right fit for the job. Actually, if I can go off topic for a second, I've been going back and watching some of dan's older stuff lately. The videos with his dad are amazing. I really hope he gets him in here next year. I'd love to see that series continued.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By alwaysbebombing

I never stopped believing in The Bomb <3

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#27  Edited By sammo21

I have never stopped believing in the GB...I will never stop...won't stop...can't stop...

No Caption Provided

But seriously...I've been so happy to see the upcoming content schedule be so full.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

@mb said:
No Caption Provided

Loading Video...

Put on the glasses. You're seeing the world all wrong

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By me3639

I like more content, but most of it feels like filler. IF they would actually take interest in what they are showing, thats different, but i would guess a majority will never be played beyond the QL.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or has the video quality lowered dramatically?

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko said:

.... God dammit people

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheLegendOfMart

@mb said:
No Caption Provided

If you bothered to read you'd see I was talking about subscriber content, it has been ok this week with 3 premium streams but most weeks it is just a single Unpro Friday.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By benpicko

@benpicko said:

.... God dammit people

No Caption Provided

Has it always looked this shit or am I imagining things? This is on HD

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@mb said:
No Caption Provided

If you bothered to read you'd see I was talking about subscriber content, it has been ok this week with 3 premium streams but most weeks it is just a single Unpro Friday.

How many do they need then?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h said:

Eh, I think the white is actually better on the eyes. When I used the black, I'd look away from the screen and I'd be seeing white lines everywhere from the lines of white text on the black background.

@benpicko No, it's not just you. The video quality seems to go up and down. I assume that's caused by low bitrates.

All in all, the content has been great this week. Looking forward to seeing if they can keep this up (sorry, I'm just naturally very cynical).

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benpicko said:

@vierastalo said:

@benpicko said:

.... God dammit people

No Caption Provided

Has it always looked this shit or am I imagining things? This is on HD

Yeah that video really looked like shit. Other videos seem fine. That confetti really fucked up the encoder and bitrate or something. The live streams have bad bitrate too.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ripelivejam

@thelegendofmart said:

@mb said:
No Caption Provided

could've stuck a "premium" between "the" and "content" and probably saved yourself a lot of unwanted spite.

anyway amazing amount of content really over the past few weeks. don't understand how most of you are capable of consuming even a third of it, but there you go.

EsDeib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This week has been great. I usually don't watch every QL the guys do, only games I'm interested in or stuff that looks like it will be fun to hear the guys talk over, but I have like 5 or 6 videos I really want to watch on backlog. I haven't even finished seeing the Vinny vid with the awful robot game! I'm happier than ever with my subscription. Hopefully I'll actually manage to play some games on the weekend, because I sure as hell am going to watch the GB stuff.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@esdeib said:

This week has been great. I usually don't watch every QL the guys do, only games I'm interested in or stuff that looks like it will be fun to hear the guys talk over, but I have like 5 or 6 videos I really want to watch on backlog. I haven't even finished seeing the Vinny vid with the awful robot game! I'm happier than ever with my subscription. Hopefully I'll actually manage to play some games on the weekend, because I sure as hell am going to watch the GB stuff.

I don't want to be a downer, but you realize the only premium video's are Vinny's video and jar time? I personally only liked jar time. One premium video a week to watch is a bit low for the subscription fee for me, though bordering on acceptable. If they reach that amount I might resubscribe.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SpoogeMcduck

After how quiet its been lately with what seems like everyone moving(only Vinny moved though?) and them trying to get new people in, I think this is most regular visitors reaction to the new content

No Caption Provided

nccows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who just subscribed this week, it's been amazing to see how much the guys who run this site are able to do. Like a lot of other people have said, I would love for Teach Me _____ to become a real series (I said it in the comments on the video, but Brad teaching Jeff or Dan Dota would be amazing).

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vierastalo said:

@benpicko said:

.... God dammit people

Seriously. I thought adding Dan into the mix as well as Giant Beast getting up on running breathed new life into Giant Bomb. Dan has made Jeff not so cynical. That's crazy.

He meant video quality as in how it looks not the actual content.

g0ld3sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't agree more about how much content has suddenly come out of the website. Glad to see them dig into their work and provide plenty of videos for we the people. Keep it up!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@zevvion said:

@esdeib said:

I don't want to be a downer, but you realize the only premium video's are Vinny's video and jar time? I personally only liked jar time. One premium video a week to watch is a bit low for the subscription fee for me, though bordering on acceptable. If they reach that amount I might resubscribe.

UPF was premium as well.

I don't think anyone's goal is to do only a single premium video a week; I think everyone knows that we need to do more than that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By TheHT

After how quiet its been lately with what seems like everyone moving(only Vinny moved though?) and them trying to get new people in, I think this is most regular visitors reaction to the new content

No Caption Provided

ICE CREAM SANDWICHESSSSSSSSSZZZZZSSsdzszsdzgea

No Caption Provided

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

I have been super excited at the amount of content this week.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

UPF this past friday was the best the feature has ever been. Tons of laughs to be had. It's the first time since Ryan passed that something GB related has felt like "the old days." Just friends hanging out. Definitely made me optimistic for the future around here.

The Quick Looks have been pretty good as well. Definitely not the dire dregs of endless cynicism they used to be.

familyguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h said:

@zevvion said:

@mb said:
No Caption Provided

There are different layouts? Sweet!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49  Edited By kindgineer

There isn't nearly enough content. I require at least 4-5 hour long videos per day. That way I have sufficient background noise for my 24-hour a day job as a stay-at-home Dad. (Not as easy as many think if you actually take it seriously and aren't a bum)

Also, I was being facetious...Just in case.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah there has been a hefty amount of content this week. There was a bunch of Quicklooks that came out that all seemed to have Dan with either Brad or Jeff. The upcoming content schedule also shows like three or four new Unfiinisheds coming soon.

@zevvion: For some reason my eyes can't handle the red text with the black layout. Eyes will literally start to dart around the screen trying to take in all the red and gives me a headache.