Vinny, Brad, and Alex are leaving the site. Last day is Friday.

KingWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still can’t believe it. Brad, Vinny, and Alex, thank you all for the years of entertainment. I wish you all happiness and success and hope to hear from you all again in the future, in a perfect world all together again. And best of luck to Jeff and the crew that remain, this can’t be easy for anyone.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#903  Edited By ToughShed

Blah. Even seeing this coming and feeling it was on its way out slowly for a bit, just seeing the response from the guys, all the other people who have similar stories to me, and reminiscing on old clips is making this tough. Speaks to the magic that GB hit at its best tho.

And I guess that's life. Sometimes moving on from things that were once mainstays and you couldn't imagine not being in your life. But for fans of stuff like GB the connections with the guys feels real and it really feels like missing out on a friend, weird as it is.

Avatar image for i_speel_my_dreenk
I_speel_my_dreenk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going over all the comments and tweets and posts and clips from so many people the past couple days has been really incredible to see, and really drives home the gut punch that is this change.

It's a huge bummer to so many of us, but not for a second could I blame Vinny, Brad, or Alex for doing what's best for themselves and their families. They've given me so much in the way of entertainment and one-sided companionship over the last decade when I needed it, much of their output being a weirdly comforting rock in some otherwise uncertain or sad times. I'm extremely grateful for that, and hope that they find cool new things to keep kicking ass on. I already support Brad on the Techpod, and especially hope that Vinny finds a creative outlet like that too - he's too wonderful to remain behind the scenes.

I'm also excited to see what Giant Bomb will morph into now, and have faith that Jan will make it look and sound beautifully stupid. Gang gang. <>

edit: I cannot fucking believe that Brad slam dunked the last Bombcast title so hard, dragging the meme kicking and screaming into reality.

Avatar image for catchingsignals
CatchingSignals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck. Even a day later I still feel like I'm losing friends with these three leaving. Thank you so much to Alex, Brad, and Vinny. Truly, you've all created things here that have given me comfort when I needed it most, and also things that have helped me grow. Best wishes and I hope for nothing but success and happiness in your futures.

At the same time, I am excited for the next phase of Giant Bomb. I trust all the staff who are staying and I know Jeff will make smart and exciting decisions with the future of this thing.

Dougmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant bomb has been one of the biggest influences on me in my entire life. It's bittersweet to see you guys leave. I wish you all the best and thank you for everything you've done for us.

Jercyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

thanks for everything Brad, Alex and Vinny. Wherever you go, they'll be lucky to have such great people

branables

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally bummed about this news. I really wish them all well in their future endeavors! I'll miss them all!

The Beastcast was definitely one of my favorite! I loved hearing Vinny, Alex (and Jeff B) riff together. Vinny would always make me laugh! Alex would always point out things that I appreciated.

I also don't know what the Bombcast is going to be without Brad's silky smooth voice and his technical knowhow.

I've said it once, but dang am I going to them all.

Best of luck to all three of them!

Avatar image for wub_wub_in_the_bathtub
Wub_Wub_In_The_Bathtub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bomb has been a constant in my life for roughly 12 years. And It's really sad for me to see most of the OG bombers go. They've helped me get through some low points as well as high. They definitely helped to shape who I am today.

If any of you guys read this you will be missed, and I wish y'all the best of luck.

hajen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#910  Edited By hajen

One person deciding to move on is hard enough, but three core bombers at the same time. And it all ends on friday.. The times when just hearing Vinnys and Alex voices on the beastcast has helped me feel better are countless at this point. Their warm personalities and caring nature has been like a blanket during cold parts of my life. It has helped me so much. They have also made me laugh harder than ever. I'm so grateful for having had that.

I wish the best of luck to you Brad, Vinny and Alex. Whatever you decide to do, you will be great!

Thanks for everything!

bhm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some of us, you've been up to a 3rd of our lives. It's tough.

Not sure if

1. Parents getting a divorce tough

2. Kids leaving for college tough

3. First love breaking up with us tough

Vinnypla x Bradnam - ASMR Gunpla show. Alex can slam drums when something goes to shitter.

Whatever future holds, lets go.

madladunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#912  Edited By madladunit

Was a bit of a gut punch seeing the news, not gonna lie. Will miss seeing/hearing your voices every week tbh!

Simply just want to say thank you so much to all three of you for honestly making my life better in some tough times over the last decade and more. Your warmth, humour and general talent are a gift that I'm convinced you regularly had to go above and beyond to give; it was more than just doing your jobs. Hope you see this and all the other positive messages here.

Looking to the future, just renewed my subscription over the weekend and still got lots of love for the remaining GB crew and excitement for what comes next.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I’ve been here since before the beginning (and stretching all the way back to Gamespot in the late 90’s). I love video games, and have visited thousands of sites in pursuit of them, and read or watched hundreds of different approaches to the medium.

I can genuinely say that nobody has done it better than these guys. Giant Bomb was a perfect storm of personalities. Just the right mix of enthusiasm, cynicism, passion, humour, and heart. Thoughtful, articulate criticism, juxtaposed against banana cream pies clogging a corporate toilet. Being brought to tears by the beauty of a moment. That one time Vinny said c**t. Knife vs Bat. The Giant Bomb experience is just so sincere, even in its insincerity.

Brad, Vinny and Alex, thank you for putting yourselves out here for all this time. You have each made a truly positive impact on my life. In weird and particular ways, I saw little bits of myself in you, and it made me feel like a part of something, if only by proxy. And looking at the rest of this thread, it’s obvious that this was not an isolated incident. You monsters. Love you all.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I started off with Giant Bomb really early on & can't thank everyone on the GB crew on introducing me to a bunch of really great games (& scaring me away from some junkers). Wishing all the best to Vinny, Alex & Brad (BTW Brad got me hooked on Bojangles anytime I'm in that corner of the US). Cheers & I'll be definitely watching whatever everyone does next.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@claude: @sweep: @biffmcblumpkin: nice to see y’all still around. This is like a weird online high school reunion. I had completely forgotten about these works of art.

dpedal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man....as so many have said, Vinny, Brad and Alex leaving will leave a tremendous void with some giant shows to fill (pun intended). I have "grown up" with these guys as so many have. As I have seen the guys get married, have kids, grow beards and loose hair, so too have I. From the beginning starting with Arrow Pointing Down to now, they have been a steady constant EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Good luck guys and please hear this...your hard work and sacrifice is SO SO SO appreciated and I am so thankful for your presence in my life.

Excited to see what everyone does next and excited to see the plans Jeff has for this site!

Beardmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uniform: I know my mind is blown, been a fan for like 11 years and this is the 2nd time ive even been in the forums. Can't even guess how many hours of been entertained by all of them. Grateful!

Beardmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dinosaurcanada: right!? selfishly I just wanted to be entertained forever but the lanscape has changed so much in the last few years. I wish them all the best but especially vinny, when he cries i cry <3

Beardmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mono-no-aware: Same GB has always been this thing i keep to myself. I don't read comments no premium this is only the 2nd time ive been in the forum. This is hitting me like when Ryan passed but to a lesser extent.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

I've been here since 2008. The site has changed a lot over the years, and the time that I've spent on it has varied significantly due to a number of factors. But in terms of total accumulated time I'm not sure there's any other single website I've browsed more. For years it's been my main source of keeping up on what's going on with video games, it's given me countless laughs and smiles, and even when my time here has been limited (as in recent years) it has always been nice to know that Giant Bomb is there when I want it.

There have been site redesigns, the community has migrated away from the forums, and appreciated staff members have come and gone before, but aside from Ryan's passing, the "core" has always remained. Now most of that core is leaving and it's just Gerstmann left. Whatever the site becomes in the future might be good, who knows, but it will be fundamentally different from the wonderful thing that Giant Bomb has been for the past 13 years.

To Vinny, Brad and Alex: you guys are awesome, what you built over the years was something truly unique and amazing, and you will be sorely missed.

LARRYBIRDJRJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t know what I can say that hasn’t been said yet. I will say confidential that I will miss these guy and that I wish them luck in their future endeavors.

I also can’t help but be reminded of Jeff’s game of the year 2020 list where towards the end of the list he talks about KLF and how it’s going to be OK in the end... I certainly hope so Jeff!

Camling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I thought I was prepared after reading the twitter news, neverthless, I was teary eyed during the Bombcast and then really started crying when Vinny mentioned Ryan.

I don't have a better word for someone who was in my life every week for the last 10 years, so I will call you friends. Alex, Brad, Vinny, thank you friends, for making my life so much better. I wish you the very best and I will miss you very much on this site :-) <3

Hairyreddog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cannot stress how important this site has been to me over the years and it goes without saying that Brad, Vinny, Alex and Jeff (and Ryan, RIP) were a huge reason for that. I'm sad to seen them go... But I totally understand. The completely selfish part of me wishes things I liked and somewhat depended on never changed but that is not the way of life. I wish Brad, Vinny and Alex the absolute best in whatever it is they do, and I hope that it is not the last we ever see of them. Also, I hope Jeff can keep on doing what he loves with GB and I hope that bring him success. I will follow these guys anywhere they wish to take me. Good luck to you all and thank you for all the great content you provided.

-Hairyreddog

Matt_Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got nothing to add. Giant Bomb has been with me through some good times and bad times. It's always been about the people and it's safe to say that Vinny, Brad and Alex have been a part of some of the stuff I've enjoyed the most on this site.

I want to wish them all the luck in the world for what they do next (hopefully it's something we can all enjoy?)

I'm gonna miss them and I'm looking forward to what's coming up next from Giant Bomb.

Thanks Duders.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#925  Edited By damodar

I don't really expect anybody to see or read this, but I just kinda want to get some word vomit out there.

I found my way here in 2009. I can actually pinpoint it to within a day or two, because I remember which Persona 4 ER episode was on the front page. I've seen the site go through big changes and I've watched a hell of a lot of video in that time. GB's prescient emphasis on the actual people on staff always makes personnel changes impactful, but this is in a different league. Certainly, it could be argued to be the most momentous occasion in the history of the site since the start. We've obviously had other big changes, like the CBS acquisition, Vinny's defection to go set up the rival Beast stable, the coming and going of other wonderful personalities as well as Dan (kidding!), but the core group remaining through it all kind of grounded everything.

It sounds like there are big changes in the works, perhaps significant enough that it led to Vinny, Alex and Brad to the decision that such a break from the status quo would be the right time to move on. And I do feel excited, thinking about what could be next. I assuming GB is pivoting to game dev and Jeff is finally going to bring us 'Bike 2'. In some ways, I'm taken back to those early, scrappy days in the Sausalito basement. The uncertainty and the possibilities for the future bring to mind the pioneering feel of those halcyon days of Too Human Video Things and bug-bombed couches, energy drink reviews and custom New Balance shoes, Question Of The Week and Vinny casting Bufu. And obviously, the imminent departure of such key members of the crew has me thinking wistfully of those days too. And thinking of Ryan. Where were you when we found out that Giant Bomb was the cure for Pac-Man Fever? It feels like the right time for me to perhaps revisit some old favourite videos, maybe a Random PC Game or two.

Alex, Brad, Vinny: Thank you for everything. I've gotten so much enjoyment out of what you've done on the site, and considering all the time I've spent enjoying your work, you've been a significant part of my life over the last decade and change. Thank you, I'll miss you all and I wish the absolute best for you and yours with whatever is next on your respective journeys. Good luck, and most definitely Have Batman.

Does this make the website's own 'Time To Brad' about 13 years? :(

<>

Avatar image for absoluteunit207
AbsoluteUnit207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing I can say that hasn't been touched in by many.

I'm newer to giant bomb compared to a lot of you. I had cherry picked free content over the years here and there. Hitsmas 2016 was one of the funniest things I had seen in my life and got me to subscribe. I fell in love with the site and it's people ever since.

I subbed just about between Drew leaving and Ben and Abby getting picked up, so I was here for Ben and Abby's entire runs with the site, so both their exits hurt me in their own ways. This is another level, because they're leaving all at once.

You guys have touched a lot of people's lives and been family to me every since I walked in the door. I cannot thank you enough.

Godspeed and good luck.

svengoolie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just really want to know what happened. Listening to last week's podcasts, I don't get any indication that this was coming. Obviously everyone needs to move on at some point, but all 3 leaving together just really sucks.

I can only imagine that the remote workplace had something to do with this. On the Beast side they don't even have an office anymore, and on the west they still don't go in to the office. That made them lose feeling like they were a part of a community, so leaving doesn't feel as big of a deal as it would. This is my own speculation but that's what it seems like to me. People need to get back to work.

KavaJava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember being starved for Gears of War news back in 2006 and started watching On the Spot. Been with them ever since. That's almost half my lifetime. I wish I could give back a fraction of the joy they've given me. I wish them endless success.

juicetoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never written on any board in my over 35 years of having access to them, so you know this one is important!

I wanted to say thanks to these 3 men for helping me get through this pandemic by providing entertaining and informative content to listen to while the world went crazy!

Please be sure to let us all know how to keep track of what you all are doing professionally.

Good luck and thanks for giving so much of yourselves! You all did good, now go have a rest and enjoy some time with your family and close friends.

honeycut1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I’m really sad they’re leaving but wish them the absolute best. Looking forward to see what they do next and also looking forward to see what the folks at GB do next with the site, videos, and podcasts.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed most of the content those guys put out over the years, however I am not sad that they are leaving. I am excited for their futures.

Given the industry, I am really surprised they stayed at GB this long. Heck, given they way people, in general, change jobs in their lifetime, even more so.

SlackerMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna miss these guys together but excited to see what they do next. Thanks for all the laughs.

No Caption Provided

fooshnip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything over past 10 years!! Thank you for helping create such an amazing, constant stream of entertainment and being such a positive influence over the years. Wish you all the best and happiness in next steps and excited to see and support where GB goes from here.

hock_a_luigi44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you guys. Your names will be spoken long after this time, gloriously human.

GiraffeAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you so much for everything guys. Some of the hardest I've ever laughed has been while watching your stuff on Giant Bomb, and it's been really comforting to have something familiar to listen to no matter where I was. Best of luck on whatever your next steps are!

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanna say thanks to every GBE and exGBE member for that awesome podcast. I know a lot of folks are sad about the news, me included, but that felt good listening to y'all reminisce the past and express love to one another. It was a good ending to an amazing journey.

MakerofBarrels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my first ever forum post in all my years as a subscriber, but I wanted to be sure to add my thanks. Thanks to Vinny, Brad, and Alex, and everyone else that has made this site such a wonderfuly bright part of so many lives, including mine. Y'all have been a near daily part of my life for so long, always bringing laughter and joy, even through some of my darkest times. I sincerely cannot thank y'all enough for all the entertainment and insights. I am excited for the future and wish everyone the best on your new journeys. <3

Furevika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#938  Edited By Furevika

Thank you for a nice farewell, and thank you for over 10 years of entertainment. You will be missed.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

I gotta say, I'm still in shock. Like many on here Beastcast and QLs have been a daily part of my life. It's odd to think I won't be doing that anymore. Good luck and thanks for all the great times!

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Man, what an awesome last episode this was. So much nice memories. Makes you want to dive back into the archives and rewatch all the good moments. Completely forgot about that Bot Colony video or those Choose Our Own Adventure streams that i loved.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#941  Edited By Humanity

Beautiful final show even if the reality of it being the final Beastcast, ever, is depressingly sinking in.

Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will keep it short.

To the guys leaving: thanks for everything, will miss you a ton, love you, will support anything you do!

To the guys staying. I'm staying too. You bet your butt. Been around since the start. So much has happened over the years. Excited to see what is next. Let's go!

mrbadguy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like many others this site is where I always came when I needed to feel better (which was a lot), and I'm so grateful for that! Now I need to feel better and I'm lost.

Thank you for all the years of amazing videos and podcasts filled with genuine decency and thoughtfulness. Hope Vinny, Brad and Alex find so much happiness and contentment in their futures, they couldn't deserve it more.

kalos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I signed up for premium 10 years ago (!) because I loved the Bombcast. Over the years, the great new shows like Unfinished, Interview Dumptruck, and Beastcast and my love of the GB crew kept me subscribed.

I always loved Brad's tech deep dives (now a dedicated podcast with Will), bold proclamations, and the way he falls in love with flawed games (Dead Rising, Destiny, etc). I started watching Quick Looks and appreciated that Brad used gamepad for FPS games even when the comments mocked him -- but I found it more enjoyable to watch. Thanks Brad.

Over time, I grew to love Vinny's humour and when I became a dad I found even more common ground with him. (I loved the A Bunch of Dads podcasts!) It was a sad day when Papa Vinny left the Bay area and I didn't know how things would change. But then the Beastcast grew into something incredible and became my favourite podcast -- it frequently jumped the queue even when my podcast playlist grew huge. Alex's sardonic humour was a great contrast to Vinny's gleeful wit. The show gained and lost several great co-hosts, but it was always good listening. Thanks Vinny and Alex.

During the pandemic, I've started watching Premium content for the first time and enjoyed some of it. However, I still love your Quick Look format -- the blend of preparation, improv, and chemistry are something I haven't found elsewhere. I know you guys aren't disappearing, but I'd be surprised if you didn't take some time away the camera. Regardless, I can still dream about Vinny becoming an full time adventure game + sim game youtuber. Or a multi-game series where Brad tries to build something and Vinny causes chaos.

Take care guys. I've never met you, but listening to you is like hanging out with old friends.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Been watching/listening to these guys for 17-18 years now... what a long time.

Devastated that they're going but I'll follow Jeff until the end. Here's to the next adventure.

ekobet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how long I've been listening to the Bombcast, but it's been long enough that the loss of Ryan Davis hit pretty hard. This also hits pretty hard (but in a different way - I don't think an explanation is necessary as to why). Thank you, Alex, Brad, and Vinny, and happy trails. I look forward to hearing about what is next for each of you and the site.

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To Vinny, Brad, and Alex,

I've been reading, listening to, and watching your work since the original Hot Spot days. You guys have been super important pillars in my life. I will miss your voices in the context of Giant Bomb and sincerely wish you all the best in the future.

Peace duders!

Neil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a gamespot user since 1999. Followed all of you guys through your careers. I've never missed an episode of the hotspot or a giantbomb podcast. I remember eagerly waiting for the launch of giantbomb. When Ryan passed I was surprised at the pain I felt for someone I had never met. As the various personalities left through the years I felt a sense of loss, like I had lost a friend. I have had 2 children who are now adults in the time I've followed you. It felt like the main team of Jeff, Alex, Brad and Vinnie would be together forever. Despite increasing demands on my time I have always made time to listen to both the Beast cast and bomb cast. I've never been able to give these up as I have other podcasts. This gives me the opportunity to reclaim some time.

I wish you all the very best in your future endeavours. This is where I say goodbye after 23 years. Thank you for all of the entertainment over the years.

mixmixmixmix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get it guys. It's been a long run. you will be missed, you did a great thing. respect!!!!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#950  Edited By htr10

Alex is drumming right now and it’s amazing and devastating. It’s like watching the final episode of your favorite TV show.