Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

@zlimness said:

Aerie from Baldur's Gate 2

*drops mic*

Well you're wrong on that one, so pick someone else.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@veiasma said:

@clonedzero said:

Without thinking about it too hard, i'll go with Fenris from DA2. Stupid emo brooding dickhole. All he does is complain and i was a mage so he was a constant dick to me too for no reason. Fuck that guy.

I'd nominate any party member from DA2 really...

Agreed.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Zlimness

@andrewb said:

@zlimness said:

*drops mic*

Never. I shall stand my ground on this.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

My Buddy Superfly.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AndrewB

@zlimness: Aerie is one of the most versatile spellcasters in the game, she has the voice of a goddess (really, hearing her narrate Icewind Dale II when I played that game years later solidified that), and... okay, just put up with the wimpering until she reaches womanhood in Throne of Bhaal.

If you want to pick on someone from Baldur's Gate 2, make it Valygar. Or *cringe* Cernd.

42manZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57  Edited By 42manZ

Way to open up old wounds.

I still hear Marin Karin whispered softly in my nightmares.

@kerse said:

Oh you wanted me to heal, i was thinking marin karin instead. that enemy is weak to ice i have just the thing, marin karin

I love Persona 3, but man that is the worst part of the game. I can understand why not controlling the other characters might be a cool mechanic if it was well done, but it is not. Especially since the game also requires that you protect the main character as much as possible. Every battle my party members will do the opposite of what I want.

So as much as I love the characters in Persona 3, as party members (people who work with me) they are the worst. The Worst!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@andrewb: His story was alright from what I remember, it's just the character itself was so... talking about his soul and having those tattoos emblazoned on his skin and that his effeminate silver hair... he's like something that fell out of Twilight, or the sort of character that would be the centrepiece of a dozen Linkin Park videos, or... Sephiroth.

Anders, though... That's a weird one for me. I'm certainly not a fan of his and despised him just as much as everyone else after his actions nearing the end, but I was still able to emphasise with him enough that I could at least respect him in some sense. My first playthrough was a Mage at that, so he got along with Anders for a good portion of the game. He at least wasn't just another Alistair derivative like he was in Awakening.

I think it was his voice actor that contributed to his character being as whiny as he is and it's a shame Greg Ellis couldn't have continued the role. Though given that he also voiced Cullen, it's understandable why they'd make the switch. Besides the somewhat weak performance, though, he otherwise made a lot of sense concerning the harsh treatment of mages, and his connection with Justice made him a pretty interesting fellow. But the delivery and execution could have gone a little smoother.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#59  Edited By Yummylee

@veiasma said:

@clonedzero said:

Without thinking about it too hard, i'll go with Fenris from DA2. Stupid emo brooding dickhole. All he does is complain and i was a mage so he was a constant dick to me too for no reason. Fuck that guy.

Agreed.

Come now, you mean to tell me you didn't even like Varric? Or Aveline??

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiva from RE5.

She wasn't an interesting character, in fact the opposite, she was boring as shit. (I did not play co-op). So all her being in the game did was completely ruin any sense of fear or suspense. She dragged tedious co-op tropes in with her like co-op doors and levers. Damn near useless in a fight.

Then again....If they made me play as her with Chris as my useless co-op partner i'd probably feel this about him instead....

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A dead heat between Mack and Cooke in Lost Odyssey. After one of their many brain meltingly horrific cutscenes I just had to stand up and turn off the 360, all the while shaking my head saying "I just can't take this anymore". I think it's the only time a game has broke me like that.

I was about to post this even though Mack gets some okay abilties late game.

Also Fran from FF12 considering

A. Shes literally completely devoid of personality besides being a failed playboy bunny and

B. Has the worst damage and was about as sturdy as a twig in battle.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By icicle7x3

@yummylee said:
@icicle7x3 said:

@veiasma said:

@clonedzero said:

Agreed.

Come now, you mean to tell me you didn't even like Varric? Or Aveline??

To be fair, I played a Tank Warrior so I didnt use Aveline ever and I guess Varric is alright.

IcedWhale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By IcedWhale

Does Navi fit the criteria cause she wins in my book if she does!

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

@zlimness said:

@andrewb said:

@zlimness said:

*drops mic*

You're a horrible HORRIBLE person. Shame on you.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb: She's a good spellcaster for sure and she fit my party of mostly good members. But MY GOD does she drone on about herself all the time. Half of the screen just fills up with text every 5 minutes when she's in the party. And it's all depressed teenager crap. It's good to hear that she grew up in Throne of Bhaal, but I never kept her around for that long. I would throw her dark pit and leave her until it was time for the expansion.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This space-racist:

No Caption Provided

Virmire is a glorious planet.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Zlimness

@zlimness said:

@andrewb said:

@zlimness said:

*drops mic*

You're a horrible HORRIBLE person. Shame on you.

Bah! No sympathy for the weak!

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By smcn
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I agree on the voice actor part, but there's no reason that him also voicing Cullen should have been a problem. The voice cast in any Bioware game can be doing 5 or 6 characters apiece in some cases. It's sometimes noticable (there's so many characters voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson in Baldur's Gate, including the narrator and the main villain), but not really an issue. Then again, I feel like the problem was more in the direction the voice actor was told to take with the character rather than the voice actor being significantly inferior in any way.

Anyway, I understood the motivations, but I guess the whole focus of the plot arc they're going for hinged on nailing home the plight of mages, and it just got tiring hearing it after awhile. The Justice fusion was probably the most redeeming aspect of his character writing, and it was about the only thing that broke up the magist drama parts.

It did make all make for an interesting contrast, though, because my first character was a mage who got to put him in his place for going too far.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smcn said:

@immortalsaiyan said:

@uniform said:

Marcassin (Ni no Kuni)

Why is she doing that?

Because anime.

I wonder what it signifies. Like, is she anxious, confused? No idea. I guess I will have to pick that game back up to find out. I also just realized my avatar is similar to that gif. Woah.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

Probably Fawkes in Fallout 3. Total asshole.

"No, I won't enter this radiation-filled chamber to save everybody's life even thought it was established scant moments ago that I am, in fact, totally immune to radiation. Oh wait, you passed your speech check, I'll do it anyway."

BAD END

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By smcn

Jacob and Jack in Mass Effect 2 are a wasted character slot on Insanity because everything has armor/shields. Hmm, I should do a runthrough as Adept with Jack and Jacob. Worst party ever.

Edit: Actually, Vanguard might be worse. Adept at least has Warp.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Anders from DA 2. I absolutely loved him in the expansion for DA:O but they ruined his character in two. He just never stopped bitching and moaning and by the end of the game I wanted to kill him. I also dislike Fenris, but I just avoided his character every chance I could and never talked or interacted with him.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AndrewB

This space-racist:

No Caption Provided

Virmire is a glorious planet.

I laughed out loud!

Ashley's not quite irredeemable, but man, given the choice between her and Kaiden and his wonderful voice actor, come on. It should have been her, not Jenkins...

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@peritus said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned Oerba Dia Vanille yet...

Yeah. She's terrible. I could almost, almost stomach the mind-numbing linearity of that game, but as soon as Vanille showed up my patience just flew out the window.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Waka. Never used him, because he was just an asshole character.

Wakka or whatever his name is from final fantasy 10.

You two, let's go have beers some time. Wakka is irredeemable, just. . . . Just awful.

You guys are alright.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Klei

Ashley from Mass Effect. God dammit I can't stand that big-titted, racist fuck.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mellotronrules
Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules: Hope is a good choice as always (but he was good in combat at least). Old stalwarts like Edward from Final Fantasy IV and 90% of the Suikoden casts could make an appearance as well.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

JordanaRama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mandude
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Vaan. Because every other party member was twenty times more interesting then him. FF12

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus said:

Vaan. Because every other party member was twenty times more interesting then him. FF12

Totally. Plus he's got absolutely no relevance to anything going on, and his "arc" kinda fizzles up about two hours in. Final Fantasy 12 is one of my favorites, but Vaan is definitely not a part of that equation. I love the part where Balthier, Ashe, and Basch are all talking about important matters concerning the Empire and how best to raid the laboratory, while Vaan and Penelo are literally in the background playing in the sand. Way to go, Main Character!

I always thought the plot should've been retooled just slightly with Ashe as the protagonist. The story almost entirely revolves around her anyway. Characters like Larsa and Zecht could've easily been permanent members of the team too. And... y'know... had ties to the politics of the game.

Subbeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Subbeh

Kenny in Walking Dead, because Fuck You Kenny you ass hole! The amount of shit I did for that guy and he wants to be an ass hole and not help when it really matters, screw you! damn hick ass hole!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By triple07

@andrewb: I killed that bitch the second I was given the option. I didn't even like Kaiden that much but at least he wasn't that irritating space racist. I would probably have to say her since it felt so good to have her die.

Also I like Isabela from DA 2...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#90  Edited By penguindust

@irvandus said:

This is true and it's a shame since he is, in theory, the lead character.

Personally, I had no use for Zevran from Dragon Age Origins. I couldn't even tell you if he was bad because I found him completely uninteresting and superfluous. I used the dog more than him.

Avatar image for mycroft_ampersand
Mycroft_Ampersand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus said:

Totally. Plus he's got absolutely no relevance to anything going on, and his "arc" kinda fizzles up about two hours in. Final Fantasy 12 is one of my favorites, but Vaan is definitely not a part of that equation. I love the part where Balthier, Ashe, and Basch are all talking about important matters concerning the Empire and how best to raid the laboratory, while Vaan and Penelo are literally in the background playing in the sand. Way to go, Main Character!

I always thought the plot should've been retooled just slightly with Ashe as the protagonist. The story almost entirely revolves around her anyway. Characters like Larsa and Zecht could've easily been permanent members of the team too. And... y'know... had ties to the politics of the game.

I remember reading somewhere a little while after that game came out that Basch (and Ashe) were initially the main characters and Square thought that the audience wouldn't connect well with an "older man", so they created Vaan late in production and forced him into the game.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92  Edited By super2j

Kaidan Alenko from Mass Effect

I dont think so only because Ashley exists in that universe. SHE SUCKKSSS

Avatar image for captaincharisma
CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I hate you Celeste...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@ramone said:

@cloudenvy said:

Way to open up old wounds.

I still hear Marin Karin whispered softly in my nightmares.

She nearly got me killed with her Marin Karin bullshit yesterday, fucking idiot.

You can just set her tactics to heal or knock down and she doesn't do it. At least, not for me.

Meanwhile, Junpei. I left him around level 20 something. He probably has some good moves and stuff, but he's... well, he's Junpei. Meanwhile, I've kept Akihiko for the entire game because I like his character, but I wish he would stop dying.

mosdef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#95  Edited By mosdef

Any thief character. In games they watch your group get slaughtered while they're busy stealing something worthless like a feather or an old boot.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Aetheldod

Joker ... not exactly a party member but I hate "funny guys" (yes include here Carth , Allistair and the like)

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Cameron

Everyone involved in the first 2-3 hours of Enchanted Arms.

This. There are very few games where I actively dislike all of the characters. That game got a little better, but Makoto in particular was just painfully bad.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By HerbieBug

Carth Onasi from KOTOR.

I dislike him so much my dislike transfers over to characters in different games voiced by the same guy. The second I heard Kaiden's voice in Mass Effect 1 I resolved to make him sit bench on the ship for the entire game. I cheered for joy when given the option to send him off to die. :D

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MiniPato

@svenzon said:

@peritus said:

Can't believe no one has mentioned Oerba Dia Vanille yet...

Yeah. She's terrible. I could almost, almost stomach the mind-numbing linearity of that game, but as soon as Vanille showed up my patience just flew out the window.

Honestly did not hate Vanille as much as I expected to. Her chemistry with Sazh and the twist partway through made her an interesting character. It's a shame they dropped that chemistry and that plot point as soon as Fang got in there.

@mellotronrules said:

Hope Estheim from Final Fantasy XIII is easily the worst character i've ever encountered.

This is the right FFXIII character to hate. And fucking hell I hated Lightning too cause she was a shitty surrogate mother who enabled and encouraged Hope's asshole behavior.

I'm sure Lightning is a favorite of some, but let's face it, she has good character design not good character.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Can't beat Tales for abhorrent characters!