What 'older' game are you playing right now?

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#401  Edited By BooDoug187

Been playing Dead Rising 3 on Steam since I got a 1060 card for my PC and also playing Fallout 4 since I got side tracked by a bunch of things like work... and having a kid.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Xcom Enemy within. I played enemy unknown to completion but never quite made it though the campaign when the.expansion was out. I just.started again and I'm having a blast

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@lkpower said:

Xcom Enemy within. I played enemy unknown to completion but never quite made it though the campaign when the.expansion was out. I just.started again and I'm having a blast

That game is so fucking great. I think it might be better than XCOM 2. I really miss gene mods.

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm playing through all the dragon age games. Wrapped Dragon Age: Origins and all the DLC, loved to. Trying to make my way through DA2, but its just become such a slog. I enjoyed the first 10-20 hours but after that its gotten really tiresome.

I didn't beat DA2 when it first came out, got bored. So I haven't played DA:I. Decided I should just marathon the whole series then jump into Inquisition.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Titan Quest count even if it's the re-release? It just looks so good and is just so playable. I always hated the slow start to the game but besides that it is great so far.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I've been playing a bunch of Lexi-Cross. I love this game. I really hope it gets a remake at some point.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

If it counts, Picross 3D: Round 2. It came out last week in the States, but it's been out for a while in Japan.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

So I just got into DFO (Dungeon Fighter Online) last month for the first time.

And holy shit I think I'm in love, where has this game been all my life? It's kind of the ultimate evolution of a 2D brawler if you think about it. Despite like a million different currency systems (it's like Destiny x1000), progression barriers and several convoluted gearing systems I am still having a ton of fun. Totally didn't mind spending some extra money on it. It has pretty much slowed my progress through the new Deus Ex to a crawl. So kick ass. Just cool combos, character classes, visual design and some interesting gear.

Still not sure if I want to jump into the deep end of the guilds and endgame gearing/progression. Bad history with WoW and all that.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ptys said:
@rebel_scum said:

Playing Metal Gear Portable Ops atm. I've had the save data erase on me about six times. Thank god for being able to back up saves to PC. Its not a great game but I'm doing a chronological timeline Metal Gear run since I haven't played most of them. I know people say its not canon but it kinda is.

@ptys said:

Resident Evil 2 - GameCube

Hey I just finished a play through of that a few months ago. Are you doing Leon or Claire?

"You Rebel Sc..." Started with Leon now winding down Scenario B with "Cherri!.. Cherri are you okay" aka Mum!

oh whoa, don't know how you're mustering two straight play throughs. Its not long I guess but holy heck.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I just finished Tales from the Borderlands, for the second time, but this time I played it on PS3. Still the best Tell Tale game made AND it had a better story and characters than any game released in 2015 and, so far, 2016.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@ptys said:
@rebel_scum said:

Playing Metal Gear Portable Ops atm. I've had the save data erase on me about six times. Thank god for being able to back up saves to PC. Its not a great game but I'm doing a chronological timeline Metal Gear run since I haven't played most of them. I know people say its not canon but it kinda is.

@ptys said:

Resident Evil 2 - GameCube

Hey I just finished a play through of that a few months ago. Are you doing Leon or Claire?

"You Rebel Sc..." Started with Leon now winding down Scenario B with "Cherri!.. Cherri are you okay" aka Mum!

oh whoa, don't know how you're mustering two straight play throughs. Its not long I guess but holy heck.

I've been playing over a year now, lol. To be honest I forgot half the stuff that happened with Leon, alot of "oh yeah" moments.

Ithryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher.....the first one.

I'm trying, but the combat feels horrendous to me. I started Witcher 3 a year ago and realized that the games was amazing. So I decided to wait for all the Dlc ,and go read the books and obviously play all the games.

I heard the witcher 1 could be a hard one to get into. Awesome narrative but "dodgy" combat. BUT man, didn't know it was this bad. I'll probably just watch the summary on youtube and start at witcher 2.

Also all the Layton games, just for kicks and because they are hella dope.

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

The PS4 version of Grand Theft Auto V. The satire doesn't hit as often as it did in the previous games, but the level of detail in the open world is still amazing to see.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to play through Mass Effect 3 for the first time. The Genophage arc was great, and Rannoch is good so far as well. Everything else is kinda bad. The beginning on Earth and Mars is just horrible, and they've made a really bad new quest system. I... think the gameplay is better than ever, but it still just feels awful to me. Cover-based shooters might just not be my thing. I have a better time on Casual. The story is keeping me invested, though!

I look forward to Leviathan and the Citadel DLC, but not the ending.

Skinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doshin The Giant, Gamecube w/mic

hawk767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started playing some old Baldurs Gate 1 on PS2 with a buddy doing coop, we played the hell out of 1 and 2 on PS2 but I barely remember anything from 1 so its been neat seeing the content now.

Novis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing a game called Aquaria right now. Brad did a QL on it a long while a go and I finally got around to playing it. It's not bad. Metroid-like game with some Zelda music mechanics thrown in. Feels like a bigger flash game at times, though. And it's a bit cheesy. Still enjoy it and want to see what new abilities I gain, since the whole game seems to take place underwater.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novis: I really liked Aquaria; I think I got it off an early Humble Bundle. IIRC it was made by two guys.

My current "old game" is Bravely Default. I was a few chapters in before life got in the way; now I've restarted and try to play a little every couple of days. Since I bought Bravely Second but didn't want to start it before finishing the original...

DasBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over the last couple weeks I've been playing through GTA: San Andreas. Beat it last night. The game goes on a bit long, but I do have to commend it for it's extreme scope. There's a lot of game in there, it's just not paced terribly well.

shinsei_znx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just picked up Mass Effect Trilogy on PC for cheap (DISCS?! I hadn't even installed a drive on my PC so I quickly plugged one in). Originally played through them on 360.

The first game was rough back in the day and the years have not been kind. Its interesting to see how hard they pushed for that classic SciFi feel though, really evokes novels rather than the big action movie stuff of the latter games.

Will be interesting to see how 2 and 3 feel now when I get to them, as I loved almost every second aside from planet scanning/EMS busywork.

Trying to play through Mass Effect 3 for the first time. The Genophage arc was great, and Rannoch is good so far as well. Everything else is kinda bad. The beginning on Earth and Mars is just horrible, and they've made a really bad new quest system. I... think the gameplay is better than ever, but it still just feels awful to me. Cover-based shooters might just not be my thing. I have a better time on Casual. The story is keeping me invested, though!

I look forward to Leviathan and the Citadel DLC, but not the ending.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently felt the urge to play Portal 2 again. After an eBay search I found copies to be disappointingly pricey. Then I came across someone selling a 5 game PS3 pack which included Portal 2 for less than the cost individual copies were going elsewhere. I snapped it up and much to my surprise when it arrived the pack was in fact 7 games. The extras that hadn't been advertised in the eBay ad were RE5 and Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands. So I'm now working my way through those 3 and having a great time.

I've re-listed a couple of games I got that I wasn't interested in or had already played (GTAIV and Battlefield 4) and I might end up making back almost all of what I paid for the 7 game bundle.