Are you going to watch Stranger Things Season 3?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Poll Are you going to watch Stranger Things Season 3? (208 votes)

Yes, I'm excited! 41%
Yeah... 35%
I didn't mind last season but probably not. 3%
No, done after last season. 6%
I never liked the show. 10%
Poll 5%

Stranger Things Season 3 is coming up pretty soon (July 4th) and I was wondering if ppl were still excited for the show. I didn't mind last season as much as some ppl seem to but I think I've gotten my fill of the show. I'm happy to drop shows as there are so many to choose from these days so I don't think I'll tune in any further.

• 
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Yeah! I thought the last trailer did a good job of making it look like it was worth checking out, so I'll check it out.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Absolutely. Still one of the better shows on Netflix in my opinion, love the vibe it has. Couldn't imagine being subbed to Netflix and NOT watching it.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna binge that sucker so hard.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm still having fun with that series, sure.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#5 sweep  Moderator

F'yeah day one #letsGo

acharlie1377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't love the show, but I think it's well-crafted and well-acted, so probably. I'm still working through the re-release of Evangelion, though.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last season kinda sucked, but I loved season 1 enough to check it out again.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original pitch deck for the show was gonna have each season be a new story, and I'm still in the camp that choosing to keep doing these same characters, setting, and threats was a bad call.

But yes, I'll watch the next season eventually. It's something to talk about with people.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By glots

Probably. Didn't hate the last season, but if you asked me about anything that happened in it, besides the w/e teens with superpowers in the other city and the lackluster ending, I couldn't tell you.

"I'm happy to drop shows as there are so many to choose from these days so I don't think I'll tune in any further."

There's somany shows! Like...too many! Somehow I managed to get through What We Do In The Shadows in a relatively short period of time, but there's still like 5-6 series that I really want to watch and probably +10 series as a whole that I'm at least somewhat interested in. Should probably drop playing games during my vacation and just binge everything in a row.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Season 1 was awesome.

Season 2 was fine. Nowhere near as good but still had decent moments.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought last season wasn't too bad, but nowhere near as good as the first. Millie Bobby Brown irritates me a little bit at this point, which also puts me off watching the show.

I'll almost definitely still watch it though. It's decent TV to watch with a takeaway/takeout on a Friday night.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 was awesome.

Season 2 was fine. Nowhere near as good but still had decent moments.

This.

I'm excited for S3 and will binge it July 4th weekend. Too hot to go outside anyways

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. Season 1 was great. Season 2 was fun, though not nearly as memorable. I’ll have to watch a recap or something...

We’ll see how season 3 goes...

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll watch it out of curiosity mostly. I loved the first season but I thought the second season was kinda average and the episode seven of season two was so awful it almost made me want to stop watching the show.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, I just hope they completely ignore that one garbage episode from season 2.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By shiftygism

I dug season two, but the best thing about it was that absolutely perfect "Thriller" trailer.

Avatar image for not_a_bumblebee
not_a_bumblebee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's overhyped and has way too many product tie-ins but still an enjoyable show.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually, I don't have Netflix right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I enjoyed the second well enough but I'm hardly brimming with anticipation.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's overhyped and has way too many product tie-ins but still an enjoyable show.

There's no such thing as "too many product tie-ins" when nostalgia whoring is concerned!

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Junkerman

I definitely enjoyed the smaller, more personal, intimate scope of season 1 but season 2 was still an enjoyable experience even if the last final episodes kind of buckled a bit under the weight of its grander scope.

I'd love to see a return to smaller stakes in season 3.

Also what was that egg thing the demigorgon was eating in season 1!?

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the first season, it was ok but not amazing or anything. Never got around to watching the second season, so....

cameron15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I'm waiting for it

Avatar image for nicholas_attano
Nicholas_Attano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stranger Things always bring good memories and although I started to dislike half of the characters after season 2, I'm still quite excited to watch it.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Binged four and a half eps yesterday, pretty good so far despite some cringe. The show's not leaning as heavily on the X-men influences this season...unless they're saving something for the later chapters. I still think El's gonna go Dark Phoenix at some point.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only 2 eps in.

It’s nice that most of the characters seem to be doing something new this season. So much of Season 2 felt like wrapping up loose ends from Season 1.

simmant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished it late last night. I really enjoyed it! It's far better than season 2 and just more fun and willing to draw on a wider variety of 80's tropes than it has been in the past. The mall is a great place to set things around and that set is fantastic.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The beginning of this season was a bit rough. First 2 and half episodes feel like season 2 (which I didn't like), characters aren't really acting like themselves, lots of tired tropes and romance subplots, problems wouldn't exist if people just talked to each other. The biggest issue with the first 2 episodes is that it feels like the plot and the characters are completely separate. Once you get to the end of episode 3, things are picking up and 4-8 are quite good. Steve remains the best thing about the show, and Robin was a great addition to the cast. That section of the plot was by far the best.

Overall not as good as season 1, but it's a big improvement over season 2. It's clear though that the regular cast has become too large and they're having trouble keeping all the characters involved and interesting in a way that makes sense.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shiftygism

Just finished, not as good as season one, cringe factor is high in some spots, but super fun, especially the last episode.

Hopefully they let this be it for the Hawkins crew despite loose threads possibly dangling from everyone's favorite second season installment (kidding), as this was just as perfect a swan song as Supernatural's season five finale....but I fear, just like that show, they'll milk it instead of moving onto another universe or at least taking the story to Russia like they possibly were hinting with that last scene. I was fully expecting a stinger revealing Hopper jumped through the portal somehow and was trapped in the Upside Down., thank god they didn't go that route....but I wouldn't rule it out if they announce more of these.

Steve was great. Robin was great. Erica was great. The effects were great. Harbour in action mode was great. If WB hadn't diluted the franchise with the tv series, he would make a great Roger Murtaugh in a re-imagined and race flipped Lethal Weapon, or could easily pull off a John McClane-like role, dude should be a big thing. I wouldn't mind seeing him as Sully in Tom Holland's Uncharted film.

Also, I said it the last two times, and I'll say it again, it's a shame this was a tv series. Sure, it's great to binge and all, but there's so many scenes I would've loved to experienced with an audience. I know it's against their business model, but Netflix should spin this cast off into theatrically released films if they must continue, and take the show elsewhere. That or at least the Duffer Bros....no matter how many things they rip off, take their nostalgia act to the silver screen with something else.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By shiftygism

Oh, I forgot...I have one gripe with this season. Final episode, the video store clerk, no movie nerd...let alone Star Wars fan...would ask "Which Star Wars? A New Hope?" in 1985. It wasn't until well into the 90's people started referring to the original film as such. It was simply "Star Wars." Hell, Fox didn't even slap "A New Hope" on the video releases until 1995.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My wife and I watched the whole thing yesterday. I'd definitely say it was better than season 2, but I wasn't particularly down on season 2 in the first place. I thought the pacing was much better overall, and there wasn't much in the way of filler. I do wish that this was the end. I though the final montage would have been a solid ending, and I'm not confident another season will add much.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ripelivejam

Im waiting for castlevania and dragon prince season 3s. Particularly dragon prince. As much as I enoyed Korra, dragon prince is the true spiritual heir to ATLA.

Stanger things is alright tho. 1st season I agree was incredible. I liked season 2 mostly for steven's half assed redemption arc. Only saw one ep so far and it was... decent.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely better than the second season, with a lot of neat scenes. Didn't necessarily love Erica giving off some Urkel vibes, but it didn't become painfully annyoing at any point.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Really enjoyed season 3. Season 1 still feels the strongest to me, but season 3 isn't too far behind. I didnt really feel like there was any downtime in season 3 after the ball got rolling which made it a fairly intense experience. Seemed like every episode had at least something major happening to one of the three storylines.

There were some real jurassic park moments in a couple of the episodes and I thought that was cool that they evoked that kind of vibe.

I saw the ending coming about an episode before the last one, but it was still rather effective. Not sure how I feel about the teaser at the end. There is still a pretty major thing that's unresolved presumably still up to no good, but I'd rather they focus on that instead of the faction that they showed. I'm hoping what they showed is just a means to an end to bring the major issue forward again.

casselld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People hate season 2? I thought, aside from that one episode, it was a pretty fun ride.

I'm three episodes into season 3 and it's good summer fun. I need to finish it ASAP before it's spoiled for me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I really liked the first season. I remember enjoying the second season although weirdly enough thats almost all that I can remember about it - seriously it's a bit worrying for myself personally as I absolutely have zero recollection of what happens in Season 2 apart from the fight between Steve and Billy and I guess the episode where she dyes her hair black and is a punk for an episode.

Season 3 I'm only 3 episodes in and I dunno it's fine. Something about it is not really grabbing me as much, like I could probably just stop watching now and really not be all that bothered. Which is not to say that it's bad, more that maybe I've gotten a little tired of the formula. At this point I guess I was hoping we would go all in with the narrative but it seems like a good chunk of the first two episodes was still devoted to an 80's nostalgia trip. I'll keep watching but the magic is gone for me somehow.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wollywoo

Finished Stranger Things 3 - Thoughts!

1. As in S1 and S2, it was highly entertaining, with so many great character moments. Really, there weren't very many scenes that weren't hugely enjoyable in one way or another.

2. The plot was dumb as rocks, and this undercut a lot of the tension and emotion, especially compared to previous seasons. It suffers from a similar problem of other shows like Breaking Bad - they got rid of the last problem, seemingly without thinking about what would come next, so to introduce new villains things become very contrived.

- Russians? Really? They come across as cartoonish and idiotic. Why is it SO easy to penetrate their underground fortress and kill them? It made much more sense when it was a US govt conspiracy.

- In particular, The Big Russian Terminator Homage did not mesh well with the tone of the rest of the show.

- The "new" Mindflayer is creepy and gross, but not nearly as scary as the original. It's also not very smart, being fooled by Distractions That Work Only In Movies 101.

- The song (you know the one) was cringe-inducing. It was a pretty funny moment for Dustin, and it did make me smile, but man, it absolutely deflated any tension for the rest of the episode. Still, I'd like to see more of Suzie.

3. Most of the characters were great.

- I like Robin quite a bit.

- Erica was fun, but her unrealistic bravado took away from the tension. She's going to infiltrate a secret base through a ventilation shaft and she isn't even a tiny bit scared?

- Will had almost nothing to do, except be scared and act immature for his age. I understand he's been through a lot, but he was sorely missing a more substantial arc.

- I was really hoping the science teacher would become a regular this season, especially the way they build up his entrance. But, maybe next time.

- El is badass and awesome throughout. Her friendship with Max was a highlight.

It seems like I am down on this, but I enjoyed all of it immensely. I just wish they could ratchet up the existential terror. It seems like each season is more goofy and less scary than the next. The idea of being trapped in the Upside Down with the Mind Flayer might keep me up at night, but being liquified into guts is pure camp. I'd like to see a step away from the gigantic, schlocky monsters and a return to the real tension from Season 1 - 1.5.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nutter

@shiftygism: I want to say there was a Die Hard reference in there too, even though that movie wouldn’t come out for a couple more years.

EDIT: It was when Hopper threatened to shoot Not Terminator and Not Terminator quoted the “police have rules” line.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nutter: Sure the show made a reference but I don't think Not Terminator was specifically quoting that movie in the context of the narrative. So, I don't think I'd count it.

Hotpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hotpot

I will say it again, the 1st season was the best

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bmccann42

It was fine, thoroughly enjoyable if a bit weaker than season 2 - season 1 is still the best though.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 3 is easily the weakest season. It drops the ball on a few important characters and has some misfiring attempts at comedy by way of "isn't it weird they are talking about this while crazy shit is happening?". The only time it works is with the Neverending Story moment. The show ends so well though that it is almost easy to forget how much I didn't like big parts of it.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good times, looking forward to season 4.