• 54 results
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

In terms of quality it would have to be the first Robocop, because it's genuinely entertaining and ridiculously violent. However the best Robocop is, Robocop 3.  This is because in the final battle against the splatter punks Robocop gets a jetpack.

For anyone posting in this forum please take this subject far too seriously to actually be taken seriously.

McPlated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By McPlated

The first one

Avatar image for worldsfastestshrimppeeler
WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah,I enjoyed the first one.

Mr_Bauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Mr_Bauer

definitely the first one

Tremayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tremayne

Robocop gets a jetpack and fights ninjas. While that sounds like a recipe for win.... No.

Robocop 1 for ED-209/Murphy losing an arm/a guy getting melted by acid and Media Break.
Robocop 2 has Kane.. scarier than the C&C Kane for sure. A ROBOT THAT TAKES DRUGS TO LIVE!?!>?

domar_dk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By domar_dk

Without a doubt the first one. I'm actually trying to forget Robocop 3 but I still have nightmares about how horrible that movie is.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

IDomar_DK said:

"Without a doubt the first one. I'm actually trying to forget Robocop 3 but I still have nightmares about how horrible that movie is.
"

I understand thinking Robocop 3 is terrible...it is.  What you fail to realize though is, that Robocop gets a jetpack.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Clean

The  first one was legit. The second one was okay. The third one was the one with the kids omg that was so stupid

Avatar image for milesthecyborgfox
MilesTheCyborgFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MilesTheCyborgFox

The first movie of course. I'd say RoboCop 2 as well if Frank Miller's script wasn't butchered. RoboCop 3 was total trash, and Prime Directives was trash as well. RoboCop One had a stellar cast. Peter Weller (Buckaroo Banzai,  Christopher Henderson  in 24 Season 5, Odyssey 5), Kurtwood Smith (Red from That 70s Show), Ronny Cox (Cohagen from Total Recall),  Miguel Ferrer (Funnily enough, he played a Bob Morton-ish role in NBC's failed attempt to resurrect Bionic Woman), Ray Wise (The Devil in 'Reaper', Vice President Hal Gardner in 24 Season 6), Paul McCrane (Fame, Dr. Robert "Rocket" Romano from ER), Nancy Allen (Carrie) and finally Robert Do'Qui ("Your client's a scumbag! You're a scumbag and scumbags see the judge on Monday morning!")

And of course, who could forget the work of Paul Verhoeven. No better director could have done RoboCop the way he did, with the satire and grit-filled darkness.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Megalon

I've got to admit, I don't even remember the jetpack form Robocop 3. I think I've managed to successfully block the entire movie from my mind....

I'm half surprised we haven't gotten another Robocop sequel/remake with all the other older franchises being resurrected (Rocky, Rambo, Ghostbusters, some others that I can't think of).

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By guiseppe

The first one. Second is allright. Everything after that is crap.

Avatar image for milesthecyborgfox
MilesTheCyborgFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually MGM is planning a 2010 remake of RoboCop with Darren Aronofsky (Reqieum for a Dream, Pi, The Fountain) directing and David Self writing. I really think it's a bad idea because if it flops, then it basically spits in the face of the first movie, which was very excellent (and still is) for its time.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Lemegeton

the first one. Ronny Cox was excellent in it and total Recall. Very few actors play the villain as well as him.
still love the bit at the end where he gets fired and robocop blows him away. as a kid that was awesome

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead

Surely RoboCop is the only one that's actually any good anyway? It's a shame about 3 though because Robert John Burke is such a good actor and that just killed his career stone cold.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By brukaoru

Definitely the first one, second one is pretty good. The third one may have been really good if it wasn't PG-13 rated! How can you take two R-rated movies and then make the third PG-13... Ugh... I did like ED-209's part in three though. "I am now authorized to... be as loyal as a puppy."

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

I like the 2nd one's fake commercials and that 9 year old gangster. I modeled my life on him. On the other hand, the first one has a dude melted by toxic waste who explodes. This is the hardest decision I've had to make in my whole life.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

The first Robocop is the shit.  Red storming into Miguel Ferrar's room and yelling, "Leave, bitches!" is just classic.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

No one here seemed to realize that in RoboCop 3, Robocop gets a jet pack and there are two android samurais.  How could it not be the best?  Just because it's the most god awful pile of shit doesn't mean it's not magnificent.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By RHCPfan24
FiestaUnicorn said:
"No one here seemed to realize that in RoboCop 3, Robocop gets a jet pack and there are two android samurais.  How could it not be the best?  Just because it's the most god awful pile of shit doesn't mean it's not magnificent."
Ok, I think I see where you are getting at. Still, hands down, Robocop (1).  It holds a special place in my heart.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By BoG

Which one did he get a conscience in? That one was the worst, and that's really all I have to say.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By HandsomeDead
BoG said:
"Which one did he get a conscience in? That one was the worst, and that's really all I have to say."
2. That was terrible. Absolutely none of it made sense.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By brukaoru

The first is without a doubt, the best one. However, I do think 2 is good, but not as good as the first. Three is absolutely terrible, even if it has a few good moments.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By vidiot

The first RoboCop is one of those films that actually get's better over time. It's social commentary becomes more and more apparent. I would love to see a remake/reboot, I think the times we are living in now would be perfect for RoboCop.

"Your move creep!"

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By gearhead

Your all fucking wrong. The Robocop Videogame is much better than all the movies. Why? This:

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By singular

I would say Robocop 2 because of that hilarious scene where they showcased those wannabe Robocop successors.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead
vidiot said:
"The first RoboCop is one of those films that actually get's better over time. It's social commentary becomes more and more apparent. I would love to see a remake/reboot, I think the times we are living in now would be perfect for RoboCop.

"Your move creep!""
Darren Aronofsky is doing a new one for release next year. The only connection to the original will be 'Bitches, leave!' apparently.
KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27  Edited By KnightsofRound

Definitely RobotCop 1.  I remember enjoying RoboCop 2 back in the day, but I don't think it matches the original, but it was an entertaining sequel I thought.  I saw it when I was pretty young though so I don't really remember the movies too terribly well.  I don't think I've ever seen RoboCop 3 but apparently it's a pile of trash and they changed the actor who played RoboCop which is pretty much instant failure in my books.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By wrecks

The Robocop without a number is the only Robocop that matters.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I dunno about film, but I think a certain ex forum user drilled into our heads what the best robocop game was:

No Caption Provided

KnightsofRound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By KnightsofRound
MattyFTM said:
"I dunno about film, but I think a certain ex forum user drilled into our heads what the best robocop game was:

No Caption Provided
"
I demand a remake of this game, stat.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By jakob187

The X-rated version of the first one found on the Criterion Collection DVD of it.  Paul Verhoeven is an incredible director, and he handled this movie and story very well.

Man, I can remember getting in trouble in school because I got in an argument with a kid over who was going to win at the PPV:  Sting or Robocop.  = D  Robocop could TOTALLY beat his ass.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Systech

The first one, duh?

jgoth08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jgoth08

3 wasn't garbage. You mean to tell me the only thing y'all care about is gore and special effects and an R rating? Damn......facepalms. 1 was great. 2 was ehhh the worst. But okay. 3 was good.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By veektarius

RoboCop 3 also has an old lady firing an uzi

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BoFooQ

I always liked the 2nd one, that little kid as the drug king pin was great. As with most movies though the first was probably the best. I don't really remember the third one that much, but jetpack robocops? I've no want to go and watch that tonight.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stinky

robocop 3 has a jet pack and 104 minutes of boredom (including scenes with said jet pack.)

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By renmckormack

Robocop 2 has the mayor of New Detroit in it.

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By phrosen

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Canadian Prime Directive TV movies. They are certainly more entertaining than RoboCop 2 & 3.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bane122

"Bitches, leave!" - Clarence Bodiker

There is only one Robocop.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SmilingPig
No Caption Provided
wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By wrecks

One Only.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By frankfartmouth

Oh come on. It's got to be the first one, although I did like Tom Noonan in the 2nd

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShaggE

I really like 2, but 1 fo' sho'.

... What? You know it's possible for people to dislike 3 for reasons other than its rating, right?

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ltsmash

This isn't like Alien/Aliens or Terminator/Terminator 2 or Star Wars or Star Trek where favorites are kind of subjective. Robocop and its sequels are on completely different planes.

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Legxend

The first first film is the best but I think the second film is a good sequel with a lot of awesome moments. The meeting scene around halfway through the movie with Kane scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. And a little known fact the second film is directed by the same person who directed The Empire Strikes Back.

SpydrMrphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SpydrMrphy

@FiestaUnicorn said:

No one here seemed to realize that in RoboCop 3, Robocop gets a jet pack and there are two android samurais. How could it not be the best? Just because it's the most god awful pile of shit doesn't mean it's not magnificent.

You also must have loved the TV series, cartoon series, the better cartoon series, and cereal.

Look I love Robocop as much as the next guy, but Jet Packs did not save Robocop 3, just like roller skates, grappling hooks, and a net launcher didn't save Robocop: Alpha Commando.

Although Robocop with a jet pack is hysterical, you should see it in Alpha Commando, it has wings.

Oh forgot to mention my favorite of the Movies is the first one, mostly because of stuff like this. Clarence Boddicker is a great villain because of Kurtwood Smith.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GooieGreen

Tried watching all the Robocop films that Netflix had to offer (the second was missing; boo?) recently, therefor I know the answer is the original. It is the only watchable one, which isn't saying much.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By fattony12000
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Remember the first one? That one.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Rainbowkisses

This is a joke right? How can any mentally stable individual say anything other than the first one? There is no question about it.