Girl fined for beating attacker

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@Axxol said:
@Th3_James said:
I feel that if you are attacked unprovoked you should be allowed to defend yourself and kill that person for their mistake.  Shit needs to me more intense, none of this jail time bullshit, just shot to the head or fed to crocodiles while having it live streamed around the world.  Would save taxpayers money.
I hope you're being sarcastic.
Of course not. Do you know how much it costs to run a jail? Feeding a crocodile just costs $200 a day! This would save taxpayers a croc-load of money.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By Th3_James
@Axxol said:
@Th3_James said:
I feel that if you are attacked unprovoked you should be allowed to defend yourself and kill that person for their mistake.  Shit needs to me more intense, none of this jail time bullshit, just shot to the head or fed to crocodiles while having it live streamed around the world.  Would save taxpayers money.
No.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Th3_James
@arab_prince said:
@Axxol said:
@Th3_James said:
Of course not. Do you know how much it costs to run a jail? Feeding a crocodile just costs $200 a day! This would save taxpayers a croc-load of money.
not if were feeding them convicts.
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@Th3_James said:
@arab_prince said:
@Axxol said:
@Th3_James said:
not if were feeding them convicts.
Now we are talking. Glad someone here is actually using his head. :)
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Example1013
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@HitmanAgent47 said:
@Fajita_Jim: Maybe other family members of mine were gansters, even if he's not one his friends are. He's legit now, but I have talked to gangs before, but only in canada. Perhaps it's more lax in canada because they usually mind their own business if you don't bother them. But in the u.s, I suppose those things can happen. But if your attacked by them, if you don't overly hurt them and get away and run, i'm sure they will say ah fuck it, let's go after someone else. I'm not sure about new york and stuff, those places seems very violent.
Gangs around here don't give a shit. They'll come to your house if they have 'unfinished business', like if you just knocked one of them out.
Do you live in Deadwood?
The question of where I live have already been answered in detail. You either:  A: Didn't read it, or... B: Didn't comprehend what you read.  I'm guessing B.
I think you think you live somewhere more dangerous than it really is. Just saying.
Want to feel like an ass? The next city over is Knoxville and we are actually included in the metro statistical area, so these stats include us as well:
   Now, fuck off. For real this time.
Wow, you must be the only one who's ever lived in a city, bro.
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#207  Edited By FCKSNAP
@arab_prince said:
@Axxol said:
@Th3_James said:
I hate crocks. 
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Example1013

Alligators, being indigenous to the United States, would be a better choice.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Sanity
@Th3_James: I agree 100% if we are talking a life for a life or if they raped or harmed a person beyond a minor injury.
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Kiera
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@HitmanAgent47 said:
@Fajita_Jim: Maybe other family members of mine were gansters, even if he's not one his friends are. He's legit now, but I have talked to gangs before, but only in canada. Perhaps it's more lax in canada because they usually mind their own business if you don't bother them. But in the u.s, I suppose those things can happen. But if your attacked by them, if you don't overly hurt them and get away and run, i'm sure they will say ah fuck it, let's go after someone else. I'm not sure about new york and stuff, those places seems very violent.
Gangs around here don't give a shit. They'll come to your house if they have 'unfinished business', like if you just knocked one of them out.
Do you live in Deadwood?
The question of where I live have already been answered in detail. You either:  A: Didn't read it, or... B: Didn't comprehend what you read.  I'm guessing B.
I think you think you live somewhere more dangerous than it really is. Just saying.
Want to feel like an ass? The next city over is Knoxville and we are actually included in the metro statistical area, so these stats include us as well:
   Now, fuck off. For real this time.
Wow, you must be the only one who's ever lived in a city, bro.

Yep he's pretty hard. You know how badass guys walk away from explosions without looking at them. He walks away from someone he's fighting without looking around to look at them.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
Yeah, like I'm going to check their Alpha Brain Wave pattern or run my fist across their sternum to see if they're faking.   Fuck off.
 Or walk backwards.... jeeze you're so angry. 

I'm angry because you're an idiot. You say walk backwards...someone else already suggested that and I gave a response. What was my response? If you had read the thread, YOU WOULD KNOW.  Dumbass.
If I read all 195 replies in which 80 percent consisted of you being irrationally mad and calling someone names I might have an aneurysm. 
The only people I've called names are you and Handsomedead, because you're both being dicks.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Kiera said:

@Fajita_Jim said:

Is there something inherently funny about the numerals 1 and 4, or collectively as the number 14?
Funny AND sad actually. You punched a 14 year old. Amazing. Really says a lot about you and makes sense of your responses here.
Truth be told I didn't look at WHO I was punching. A hand went down my back pocket and my fist flew to where I knew the fucker had to be.

And come on, if I go up and put my hand down some strange womans back pocket and she punched me you'd be all 'girl power'.  Don't lie.

Anyone puts their hands in my pockets without my permission gets hurt, period. Period.
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Kiera
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
Yeah, like I'm going to check their Alpha Brain Wave pattern or run my fist across their sternum to see if they're faking.   Fuck off.
 Or walk backwards.... jeeze you're so angry. 

I'm angry because you're an idiot. You say walk backwards...someone else already suggested that and I gave a response. What was my response? If you had read the thread, YOU WOULD KNOW.  Dumbass.
If I read all 195 replies in which 80 percent consisted of you being irrationally mad and calling someone names I might have an aneurysm. 
The only people I've called names are you and Handsomedead, because you're both being dicks.

How are we being dicks? By hurting your feelings?  

@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:

Is there something inherently funny about the numerals 1 and 4, or collectively as the number 14?
Funny AND sad actually. You punched a 14 year old. Amazing. Really says a lot about you and makes sense of your responses here.
Truth be told I didn't look at WHO I was punching. A hand went down my back pocket and my fist flew to where I knew the fucker at to be.  And come on, if I go up and put my hand down some strange womans back pocket and she punched me you'd be all 'girl power'.  Don't lie.  Anyone puts their hands in my pockets without my permission gets hurt, period. Period.

Please don't paint me into the camp of those idiots.  

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Example1013
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:

@Fajita_Jim said:

Truth be told I didn't look at WHO I was punching. A hand went down my back pocket and my fist flew to where I knew the fucker had to be.  And come on, if I go up and put my hand down some strange womans back pocket and she punched me you'd be all 'girl power'.  Don't lie.  Anyone puts their hands in my pockets without my permission gets hurt, period. Period.
Needs more periods. You've only got 4 in a row.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
    This wouldn't fly in the states. For all the talk people give about our gun laws, at least we can defend ourselves without having to worry about being made the bad guy.
So if somebody breaks into your home in America you can shoot them dead, and everyone just gives you a big pat on the back? I'm pretty sure they'd investigate whether you needed to kill somebody or used excessive force.
In Tennessee, if someone breaks into your house, as long as they aren't trying to leave you can shoot them. Period, full-stop. I linked the actual law a while back, go look for it.
Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Sanity
@Fajita_Jim: You give permission to let people put there hands in your pockets? Sorry i couldn't resist, no harm ment, that said i would do the same. A kid stealing money needs a good punch in the face anyways.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Example1013
@dudy80 said:
@Fajita_Jim: You give permission to let people put there hands in your pockets? Sorry i couldn't resist, no harm ment, that said i would do the same. A kid stealing money needs a good punch in the face anyways.
Public justice > private justice
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@example1013 said:

Now, fuck off. For real this time. Wow, you must be the only one who's ever lived in a city, bro.

Here's the places I've lived, in no particular order:

Clinton, TN
Oak Ridge, TN
Knoxville, TN
Winston-Salem, NC
Mount Airy, NC
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada 
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Atlanta, GA
NYC, NY 
Charleston, SC

You'll notice a few large cities up there. The thing with those large cities is you knew where NOT to go. The problem with Knoxville is that shit is spread out everywhere. It's not as concentrated, but that's the problem.
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Kiera
@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
    This wouldn't fly in the states. For all the talk people give about our gun laws, at least we can defend ourselves without having to worry about being made the bad guy.
So if somebody breaks into your home in America you can shoot them dead, and everyone just gives you a big pat on the back? I'm pretty sure they'd investigate whether you needed to kill somebody or used excessive force.
In Tennessee, if someone breaks into your house, as long as they aren't trying to leave you can shoot them. Period, full-stop. I linked the actual law a while back, go look for it.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There are so many variables. You're as black and white as the morality choices in Mass Effect.
Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
So what you're saying is it's not just a clear free-for-all, which is the opposite of your opening point.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:

@Fajita_Jim said:

Truth be told I didn't look at WHO I was punching. A hand went down my back pocket and my fist flew to where I knew the fucker had to be.  And come on, if I go up and put my hand down some strange womans back pocket and she punched me you'd be all 'girl power'.  Don't lie.  Anyone puts their hands in my pockets without my permission gets hurt, period. Period.
Needs more periods. You've only got 4 in a row.
But only two are interjections.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@example1013 said:
@dudy80 said:
Public justice isn't responsive enough to get my wallet back with everything in it. Besides, the police who responded said they wish they could do the same (this Brat was known to them) so it can't be that bad.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Example1013
@Fajita_Jim: Smaller city means it's more concentrated, too. The city right next to me has only 16,000 people, and has almost as high incidences of crime as Knoxville in many categories. It's not even that big, but there are plenty of places not to go.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There are so many variables. You're as black and white as the morality choices in Mass Effect.
Am I really? Is that why in the story of someone breaking into my house I related, I clearly stated I could have killed them but didn't? Doesn't this kinda fall into your argument above and therefore making you look stupid for stating something I've basically already said (in not so many words) and trying to attack me with it?

Try harder.
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Kiera
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim: Smaller city means it's more concentrated, too. The city right next to me has only 16,000 people, and has almost as high incidences of crime as Knoxville in many categories. It's not even that big, but there are plenty of places not to go.

You better carry a gun on you then.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Example1013
@Fajita_Jim said:
@example1013 said:
@dudy80 said:
Public justice isn't responsive enough to get my wallet back with everything in it. Besides, the police who responded said they wish they could do the same (this Brat was known to them) so it can't be that bad.
The police are being irrational. Justice is supposed to be rational. Punishment fits the crime, and all that. I'm not arguing with getting your wallet back. I'm arguing with the guy who said the kid deserved to be punched in the face, like he'd just walk up to anyone who he knew pickpocketed and punch them in the face. We have public justice to prevent private justice from being enacted, because private justice causes problems like blood feuds, fights, and wrongful lynchings.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Example1013
@Kiera said:
@example1013 said:
Or not leave Main Street.
LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By LiquidS

This is a great thread. A++

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#229  Edited By Gunner
@Fajita_Jim said:
@AlexW00d said:

@Fajita_Jim said:

Now, I know what some will say, "The guy was down and she kept kicking." But really, if 'Crime of the moment' and 'Crime of passion' are both lesser crimes because they are a reaction to extraordinary and unpredictable circumstances, how can one blame a victimof an assault for losing control in the heat of defending herself?   This wouldn't fly in the states. For all the talk people give about our gun laws, at least we can defend ourselves without having to worry about being made the bad guy.
I agree it is fucked up that is has been fined, but the article claims she kept kicking him in the head post conciousness... You can't deny that is too far? Although I wouldn't have fined her, but maybe gave her a good telling off.
An hysterical 19-year-old isn't someone I would expect to make the best choices. Let's be logical:  -She did not put herself in the position to be attacked.  -The attacker put her in that position  against her will It was the attackers decision to initiate the assault, whatever he got out of it he deserved and then some. I don't think it's the actions that should be judged but the intention.
She did however go from being the victim to the attacker when she knocked him unconscious and continued to beat him. The natural human reaction when put in danger is to get away from said danger, not beat it senseless.

Reguardless of whether or not its justified this article is just sensationalist bullshit, people get mugged and attacked every day and the attackers/muggers sometimes fail and/or have the tables turned on them. this case is no different.
Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Sanity
@Kiera: If someone broke in to my home its not like i would shoot first and act questions later, as you said for all i know it could be my sister rushing in because there is a emergency. If they come in wearing a mask though and i have a gun on them and they dont stop and put there hands on there head or make a sudden movement you can bet i will shoot. I think you can agree with that logic.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@example1013 said:
You obviously missed my mini-history of this city (Oak Ridge). This city was built in WEEKS. WEEKS. The Atomic Bomb was built here (well, the Uranium was produced here) during The Manhattan Project. Those old temporary buildings are scattered throughout the city, there's no one area where you can't go, you can't go through this city without going through these areas because they are everywhere. One here, one there, and over there...
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
So what you're saying is it's not just a clear free-for-all, which is the opposite of your opening point.
My opening point was 'At least we can defend ourselves without having to worry about being made the bad guy." I fail to see how this contradicts my later statements.
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Kiera
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
Am I really? Is that why in the story of someone breaking into my house I related, I clearly stated I could have killed them but didn't? Doesn't this kinda fall into your argument above and therefore making you look stupid for stating something I've basically already said (in not so many words) and trying to attack me with it?  Try harder.

First you walk away from a fight then you don't shoot someone breaking into your house? Do you have a deathwish?
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Gunner said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@AlexW00d said:

@Fajita_Jim said:

Now, I know what some will say, "The guy was down and she kept kicking." But really, if 'Crime of the moment' and 'Crime of passion' are both lesser crimes because they are a reaction to extraordinary and unpredictable circumstances, how can one blame a victimof an assault for losing control in the heat of defending herself?   This wouldn't fly in the states. For all the talk people give about our gun laws, at least we can defend ourselves without having to worry about being made the bad guy.
I agree it is fucked up that is has been fined, but the article claims she kept kicking him in the head post conciousness... You can't deny that is too far? Although I wouldn't have fined her, but maybe gave her a good telling off.
An hysterical 19-year-old isn't someone I would expect to make the best choices. Let's be logical:  -She did not put herself in the position to be attacked.  -The attacker put her in that position  against her will It was the attackers decision to initiate the assault, whatever he got out of it he deserved and then some. I don't think it's the actions that should be judged but the intention.
She did however go from being the victim to the attacker when she knocked him unconscious and continued to beat him. The natural human reaction when put in danger is to get away from said danger, not beat it senseless.  Reguardless of whether or not its justified this article is just sensationalist bullshit, people get mugged and attacked every day and the attackers/muggers sometimes fail and/or have the tables turned on them. this case is no different.
No, the natural response to such danger is to EITHER fight OR flight. Once you commit to one, your brain is pretty good about getting in the proper mode and staying in that mode. 

And again, this has been discussed to hell and back in this thread, and if you want a fuller explanation, go back and read the thread because I'm only going to say this succinctly this time and not again: just because you're on the ground doesn't mean you're out of the fight.

Don't post and say "How does that mean you're not out of the fight" because I've already answered that, it's back a few pages. And please don't post again asking something I've already answered like you just did, because I'm not repeating myself any more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
My opening point was 'At least we can defend ourselves without having to worry about being made the bad guy." I fail to see how this contradicts my later statements.
That implied you can do whatever you like to defend yourself with no chance of being made out to be the aggressor or 'bad guy' you just contradicted that by saying you can't shoot somebody if they're leaving which means you can't do whatever you like and you're no more free in your actions than most places. So having the access to a gun hasn't made anything simpler, you're still accountable if you step outside the bounds of what you're allowed to do, just like in the story. Except in your world somebody is dead instead of just beat up.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Kiera said:
@example1013 said:
See, I knew you didn't read the thread or you'd know that I ALWAYS CARRY A GUN AND I HAVE A CONCEAL AND CARRY LICENSE. As has been stated...repeatedly...but some people don't learn the first dozen times.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#237  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Fight flight or freeze, those are the typical responses, some ppl freezes and breaks down during stress too. I'm only saying.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Sanity
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@example1013 said:
@dudy80 said:
The police are being irrational. Justice is supposed to be rational. Punishment fits the crime, and all that. I'm not arguing with getting your wallet back. I'm arguing with the guy who said the kid deserved to be punched in the face, like he'd just walk up to anyone who he knew pickpocketed and punch them in the face. We have public justice to prevent private justice from being enacted, because private justice causes problems like blood feuds, fights, and wrongful lynchings.
So if i walked up to you and stuck my hand in your pocket you wouldn't punch me in the face? i diden't mean i would do that to anyone i thought did that but if a crime is committed on me im going to take it into my hands to stop it until the police can actually do something.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
Am I really? Is that why in the story of someone breaking into my house I related, I clearly stated I could have killed them but didn't? Doesn't this kinda fall into your argument above and therefore making you look stupid for stating something I've basically already said (in not so many words) and trying to attack me with it?  Try harder.
First you walk away from a fight then you don't shoot someone breaking into your house? Do you have a deathwish?
Idiot.

1. I fought, THEN walked away. 
2. I DID shoot him. As in THE AFFIRMATIVE. But I wouldn't expect you to understand since your reading comprehension seems to be...lacking, to say the least.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Example1013
@Fajita_Jim: I obviously didn't, but let's take your word for it: how, then, do you get around unmolested, if nowhere is safe to walk through?
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Kiera
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@example1013 said:
See, I knew you didn't read the thread or you'd know that I ALWAYS CARRY A GUN AND I HAVE A CONCEAL AND CARRY LICENSE. As has been stated...repeatedly...but some people don't learn the first dozen times.

That was in response to Example1013. Maybe its you that should read.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
That implied you can do whatever you like to defend yourself with no chance of being made out to be the aggressor or 'bad guy' you just contradicted that by saying you can't shoot somebody if they're leaving which means you can't do whatever you like and you're no more free in your actions than most places. So having the access to a gun hasn't made anything simpler, you're still accountable if you step outside the bounds of what you're allowed to do, just like in the story. Except in your world somebody is dead instead of just beat up.
Since when does "At least we can defend ourselves" mean "we do anything we want to the fuckers"?  Need a dictionary? Here
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Kiera
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@Kiera said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
Idiot.  1. I fought, THEN walked away.  2. I DID shoot him. As in THE AFFIRMATIVE. But I wouldn't expect you to understand since your reading comprehension seems to be...lacking, to say the least.

That you're so proud that you walked away from someone during a fight then got hit in the head is quite amusing.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Example1013
@dudy80 said:
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@example1013 said:
@dudy80 said:
So if i walked up to you and stuck my hand in your pocket you wouldn't punch me in the face? i diden't mean i would do that to anyone i thought did that but if a crime is committed on me im going to take it into my hands to stop it until the police can actually do something.
No. I'm not going to specifically look to punch you in the face. I'd likely grab your arm. Punching someone in the face is extremely violent. Why would my first reaction be to attempt to break somebody's nose? Now, if in the ensuing struggle your nose got broken, that'd be okay. But I don't walk around saying "if someone reaches into my pocket, I'm aiming straight for the jaw." If you look to break noses for pickpocketing, I'd hate to see what you'd do to somebody who spilled a beer on you or something.
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@example1013 said:
@dudy80 said:
The law states that you can defend your person AND possessions with the same vigor. The law also places into the hands of citizens certain police-like powers, including but not limited to the power of detention (citizens arrest), the power to intervene (to protect third parties or their property) and the power to utilize lethal force for the protection of oneself OR ones possessions.

Not everyone is a passive observer. Some of us actually assert our rights.
Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Sanity

Has been a interesting conversation but i had my fill, everyone in this argument has had a good point here or there, no hard feelings and have a good night all.

Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Kiera
@example1013 said:
@dudy80 said:
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@example1013 said:
@dudy80 said:
No. I'm not going to specifically look to punch you in the face. I'd likely grab your arm. Punching someone in the face is extremely violent. Why would my first reaction be to attempt to break somebody's nose? Now, if in the ensuing struggle your nose got broken, that'd be okay. But I don't walk around saying "if someone reaches into my pocket, I'm aiming straight for the jaw." If you look to break noses for pickpocketing, I'd hate to see what you'd do to somebody who spilled a beer on you or something.

Shoot the liquid in self defense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
@NeverDave said:
@Fajita_Jim said:
Since when does "At least we can defend ourselves" mean "we do anything we want to the fuckers"?  Need a dictionary? Here
No see you left off the part that made it read like that. That's cheating.
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Example1013
@Fajita_Jim: I'm saying I wouldn't specifically look to cause bodily harm to someone committing a nonviolent crime, not that I wouldn't take action. I guess under the "punch-face" logic, though, you're allowed to walk up and kneecap somebody trying to break into an ATM with your gun, right?
Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Fajita_Jim
@example1013 said:
@Fajita_Jim: I obviously didn't, but let's take your word for it: how, then, do you get around unmolested, if nowhere is safe to walk through?
You remain inconspicuous. You don't make eye contact, you don't wear sports clothing, you don't wear 'colors', you don't blare out music, you don't fly any flag, and you don't say a word to the gang members.  And, no matter what, you don't let anyone see you get your prescriptions. THEY WILL FOLLOW YOUR ASS HOME.

If they show up at your house you're probably safer to just start shooting, however.