How often do you drink enough alcohol to consider yourself drunk?

• 79 results
splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How often do you drink enough alcohol to consider yourself drunk? (474 votes)

Once a year 28%
Once every three months 23%
Once a month 14%
Once a fortnight 8%
Once a week 9%
More than once a week 12%
Every day 5%

Just curious, I am in the twice a month category but have been in the twice a week category in the past.

If you are drunk every day please consider treatment.

• 
MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Once a year probably. I drink very moderately usually. Just a glass or two of whisky and ice, I rarely get drunk honestly.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Never should be an option. Drinking is an issue with my dad's side of the family so I stay as far away from alcohol as possible.

Digaumgrunge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Digaumgrunge

Once a month. Usually at a friend's birthday party or at my local bar. But I've been in the once-twice a week category, not that long ago...

Also, hangovers get progressively worst as you get older. I'm 33 and I'm out for at least 36-48 hours after a night of hard drinking.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Yep, never should be an option...

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink enough to get a mild buzz fairly often - usually about one drink per night if I happen to have alcohol around. Very rarely will I go beyond the equivalent of two beers or so. So I put myself in the once-per-year category. Drinking a little bit helps me relax and sleep, and loosen my self-consciousness a bit, which is nice for someone as neurotic as me. But somebody explain the appeal of actually getting very drunk? I don't get it. When I do, I just feel shitty. I just get dizzy and want to lie down or throw up.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I once had a sip of beer on accident when I was a kid, thinking it was Pepsi. I had a shot of vodka on my 21st birthday. I had half a beer at my best friend's bachelor party. That's my entire history with alcohol, so never would be my answer.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least once a week. Often twice a week. Sometimes three times a week. I live in DC and we party hard...

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been drunk and I have no plans to. Not something I feel safe doing.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I don't drink. My body is a temple...except for when I'm sometimes shoveling garbage food into it.

God, I could really fuck up some Reese's Cups right about now.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I drink very sporadically. I might drink once a week for a while, then go on a long bender of drinking every day then not drink anything for several months. It all depends on my mood, the shittier I feel the more likely it is that I’ll drink.

Right now I haven’t had a sip for 3 months.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this is just a poll for people who drink then.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fortnightly, or slightly more often for special occasions. Birthdays, holidays, etc..

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it's probably once a week, sometimes more depending on the situations etc. I usually get drinks if there is a decent UFC card on and I feel like making an event of it with friends. However I also tend to be the type of person to crack a beer (or 3) following work if it was a stressful day etc. Although I don't really consider that "get me drunk" type, as it usually takes 8 or 9 beers for me to actually hit the get drunk level.

That said, I'm pretty sure I'd qualify as a borderline alcoholic considering it's rare I go more than 2 weeks without at least having something to drink. Although I will note that I do live in an area of the world (western Canada, Alberta specifically) that is known for heavy drinking. Small towns here have several bars and multiple liquor stores. We are one of the only places in Canada that has a government regulated but not government run alcohol department, which means instead of seeing a Starbucks on every corner, it's usually a place that severs drinks to some degree, or sells them.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Usually friday and saturday nights we grab a ton of beer and watch Vikings, but we hate it. I get drug tested for work but had two months off where we could smoke instead and we didnt even look at alcohol for that period of time. alcohol is poison yo.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink but never to the point of getting drunk. I got black out drunk once and I've no intention of doing that again.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I'm not comfortable with the idea of any substances that mess with my head, so I avoid any alcohol or drugs. It's bad enough that I have a hard time doing surgeries too--when I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, I was almost shaking too bad to get the IV in.

zzzleepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once a month, or every other month now. The next morning fills me with regret.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very few times per year. I get a bit buzzed once in a while having either whisky, beers or some Gin & Tonic. But as I have gotten older the occassions where I’ll get drunk is pretty sparse. Usually it’s bigger events of some kind or a rare bar crawl. But usually I mostly do some low key drinking at home while watching something with my girlfriend or while playing a game. But even those are not every week. Especially since I have a strict no drinking policy if I’m driving the next day, even just a beer. Unless it’s very little to no alcohol in it.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not comfortable with the idea of any substances that mess with my head, so I avoid any alcohol or drugs. It's bad enough that I have a hard time doing surgeries too--when I got my wisdom teeth out a few years ago, I was almost shaking too bad to get the IV in.

Same, except for the IV part. One time I had a minor operation and they had to give me a sedative, and the 3 or so hours after I woke up, including the trip home and a couple hours at home, are a complete blank for me. No memory whatsoever, even though I was apparently conscious and lucid the entire time. It's the closest I've been to being drunk I suppose, and that's always made me uncomfortable. The thought of things messing with my consciousness more than the usual sleep deprivation does is just not appealing. Also all alcohol tastes and smells like gross chemicals, so they've got nothing for me.

The only alcoholic thing I've enjoyed was some red wine gelato in Italy. That was good stuff.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know when to consider myself "drunk". When I drink too much I just get sleepy. I have only fallen asleep from drinking twice but other than that I don't think I've every gotten "drunk" on a regular basis.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did some weekend binge drinking in grad school. At this point I mostly adhere to the recent studies on heart health, a recommendation that was just slashed in half. Honestly the older I get the less appeal it has. Once a year or so when there’s a wedding or big occasion I might indulge, otherwise I aim for decent health.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By BaneFireLord

I think it averages out to about once a month, if that...I only drink to the point of drunkenness during low-responsibility periods at law school when there's a social reason for it, so I'll sometimes be drunk once or twice a week for a month (but even then I've never gotten blackout or been actually hungover more than four times), but then in the busy periods or the summer I drink sparingly for the taste or not at all.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink a couple glasses a wine on a relatively regular basis (a few times a week). Though I don't ever get "drunk" from doing that. Little tipsy but that's about it. I moderate that level pretty well. Also, always doing this at home so its not a concern of having to go anywhere. A full on "drunk" aspect usually only happens every few months at most at a party or something. I'm 30 now and I can't / don't want to do the hangovers anymore. They're awful and not worth the night before to get to that point anymore.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I drink about 5-6 days a week, but I'm trying to cut back on that. Proper drunk? A few times a year, and almost always on accident since I kind of hate the feeling of being drunk.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

These days it is even less than once a year, it more like every three years and then it just a mild buzzed-drunk

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never enough.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Maybe 6 times in my life

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Needs an option for more then one year, probably 3 or 4 for me. Drinking sucks.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I’ve been litterally blackout drunk twice in my life. The last time was over a decade ago. As such, I didn’t vote.

I don’t think I’ve been beyond feeling good and tipsy since then. That’s usually reserved for all-inclusive vacations, just drinking whiskey or rum all day, feeling loose, but always being in control of myself.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I don't drink alcohol.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

At least once a week. Sometimes more but rarely less. It's the only time I really feel like "me" these days. I'm pretty good about not letting it get out of control, though.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyday.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How often do I consider myself drunk? Almost never.

How often do other people consider me drunk? Constantly.

fledeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s no option for less than a year.

I’ve been drunk twice in my entire life. A works do where there was free drink and my wedding.

I watched someone I loved die of liver failure (not through alcohol) while on the waiting list for a transplant because they were further down the list than alcoholics. So I don’t like to associate with people who regularly get drunk now. It’s not a pleasant way to go and I have no desire to watch someone else die that way.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe once a year. I've been more conservative with my drinking lately. I usually stick to wines and craft beers which I like to have during a meal or a nice dinner. No real party drinking for me anymore.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Maybe once a year, but honestly it's basically never. All enjoyed tasting drinks sometimes but I do not like getting drunk and how shitty it makes me feel after.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NTM

I don't drink, so never. I've only had a few alcoholic drinks in my life and it never tasted good, but that's really beside the point. I just don't like drinking or the idea of getting drunk. Honestly, I'm not a fan of any drink or drug that really affects the way you act aside from those that may actually help you, or something like caffeine, because hey, I like coffee drinks (mocha). Maybe I'm just a party pooper, but I also find it hard to get along with people whose first thought to a party is 'there will be drinks!' That said, I don't really go to parties, so that doesn't matter, ha ha.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how to vote on this. It use to be about once a week, but now I've had like a beer or two in about a month.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Never, anymore. I'm an alcoholic in recovery. So, before recovery it was nightly/daily/24/7. Now it's never and has been for many, many years (I've actually lost count, which is bizarre now that I think about it.)

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I don't really drink unless it's a really big occasion, like a milestone birthday party or some weddings so maybe 3 times in the last 15 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to drink weekly, but I've reduced my drinking by a lot, I haven't had a drink since May.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a drink most days, but never really to the point of being drunk.

DarthTraitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty often, which is why I’ve been sober for almost 5 months. It was hard in the beginning but I’m slowly getting used to it. I don’t crave it as much. Never cared too much for liquor; It was beer I had a hard time staying away from.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been over a decade since I drank enough to consider myself drunk.
Now, at most, I'll have a drink or two every few weeks.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never been drunk, i tried to get drunk once but after 3 cans i literally couldn't fit any more in my stomach, i have no idea how people get drunk.

MostlySquares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cikame: Hard liqour is how people get drunk. I can't drink beer either, it's revolting and it makes my stomach so bloated it's not even funny.

Drink whiskey, slowly. You'll get drunk pretty fast. Just remember this: It takes time for the alcohol to metabolize, so you won't get proper drunk from the drink you just had until like 30 minutes.. Sometimes when you sit around drinking you kinda don't realize that you're drunk, so you keep drinking, then you get up and you realize you're fucking SMASHED.. Then you realize that the drinks you had in the last 20 minutes haven't even taken effect yet...... Now you're in a situation where vomit is pretty much guaranteed... That's why drinking slowly is really solid advice, especially for newcomers.

One shot of scotch equals about 2 beers in alcohol quantity.

That said, alcohol is a rough drug, and there are other things worth doing out there (not necessarily drugs even). If you live in a legal state, maybe start with some softer stuff than alcohol. For me personally, alcohol is just too intense and it's hard to not get overly drunk at times.

bavelb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bavelb

Ill have a drink maybe once a month, maybe twice around holidays. The last time I've been heavily intoxicated was about a decade ago I'd say.