• 123 results
FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@creepingdeath0: *shakes head in disappointment, then slaps you in the face*

This is the video games industry. GET IT TOGETHER, SON!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I still feel like there's enough games to make 2015 awesome, and 2016 is starting to look pretty awesome too. I just hope Persona comes out this year, that's the only one that would really disappoint me.

Also you're crazy if you think the NX is coming out anytime this year or even next year. Just because they mentioned something else doesn't mean they're killing the Wii U. It's not even 3 years old yet.

Oherro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Oherro

I'm ok and bummed with this news at the same time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f1dc1497c0b9
deactivated-5f1dc1497c0b9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fonzinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@crembaw said:
@viking_funeral said:

Bummer.

In other news, developing for the new consoles continues to be difficult.

The Wii U isn't a new console.

True, everything has been out for a year and a half or more now. Not exactly new anymore.

I really do wonder if this game is going to be delayed to the NX. Obviously it would need another lengthy delay or two for that to even possibly happen.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone who thought this was coming out this year was a crazy person

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By saddlebrown

@hunter5024 said:

I still feel like there's enough games to make 2015 awesome, and 2016 is starting to look pretty awesome too. I just hope Persona comes out this year, that's the only one that would really disappoint me.

Also you're crazy if you think the NX is coming out anytime this year or even next year. Just because they mentioned something else doesn't mean they're killing the Wii U. It's not even 3 years old yet.

That's exactly what I was saying about 2014. There were still awesome games last year, but a bunch got pushed into 2015. So now you have the games that were supposed to be released in 2014 rocking 2015 and the games that were supposed to be releasing in 2015 all getting pushed into 2016. What a crock. I'm fine with delayed games because they'll have a better shot of being great, but this signifies that publishers and developers need to get their shit together and stop announcing release dates until they're rock-solid sure that they'll be ready by that day.

And personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo releases NX in late 2016/early 2017 with Zelda as a launch title, same as they did with Twilight Princess. Cross-gen title. Nintendo is willing to kill the Wii U early, as evidenced by them announcing that the next console is in development. They wouldn't have done that otherwise. You don't hear Sony talking shop about PlayStation 5. Killing the Wii U early is probably the smartest thing Nintendo could do, honestly.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because we needed this announcement from Nintendo to know this game wouldn't hit this year. No one should be surprised at all.

divergence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archv1le said:

surprising absolutely nobody

true that. Well there's always starfox this year. Maybe?

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archv1le said:

surprising absolutely nobody

true that. Well there's always starfox this year. Maybe?

Maybe, but with how little we've seen of the game yet I highly doubt it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@whatisdelicious said:

@hunter5024 said:

That's exactly what I was saying about 2014. There were still awesome games last year, but a bunch got pushed into 2015. So now you have the games that were supposed to be released in 2014 rocking 2015 and the games that were supposed to be releasing in 2015 all getting pushed into 2016. What a crock. I'm fine with delayed games because they'll have a better shot of being great, but this signifies that publishers and developers need to get their shit together and stop announcing release dates until they're rock-solid sure that they'll be ready by that day.

And personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo releases NX in late 2016/early 2017 with Zelda as a launch title, same as they did with Twilight Princess. Cross-gen title. Nintendo is willing to kill the Wii U early, as evidenced by them announcing that the next console is in development. They wouldn't have done that otherwise. You don't hear Sony talking shop about PlayStation 5. Killing the Wii U early is probably the smartest thing Nintendo could do, honestly.

If Nintendo is in the habit of intentionally delaying their games to make them cross gen for a console launch, why not delay Skyward Sword a year and make it a Wii U launch game? Twilight Princess happened to work out that way, but if Nintendo's MO was just to delay every Zelda game until it bridges console generations, then they've already fucked up.

Piratecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

and gta v becomes my goty 3 years in a row, woo

Seeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This news in and of itself isn't too bad. Nintendo pushing their big games back to polish them over and over is more or less a running gag at this point and has been for more than a few years; the extra polish often shows and it's rare for Nintendo to make a complete blunder of a major release so it all works out in the end...usually.

That being said, there really just doesn't seem to be much of anything at all coming out on the Wii U at this point and Zelda being pushed back a year is going to hit them pretty hard. It's probably a small and cold comfort to Nintendo and owners of Wii U's to know that Sony and Microsoft aren't exactly doing anything all that great either.

Really, this is the point in the lifespan of a console when all the big hits should be flooding in, or they should be on at least one of the systems, but we've gotten nothing but a trickle here and there. I don't think it's time to shout doom and gloom about console gaming coming to an end, but I get the feeling that we are currently going through a transitional period (and one that has been a very long time coming at that) where a lot of the big, older companies which have been around since the NES days are collapsing or moving on to 'safer' options (especially mobile gaming) and we'll start to see some of the more successful 'indie' developers rise up and become more full-fledged companies of their own within another year or two.

daltimond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twighlight Princess all over again. Ill come back for this in 2017 when they release it on their next console.

Avatar image for subliminalkitteh
SubliminalKitteh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Starfox are the big Nintendo games left this year?

93The_Ace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That thing they showed a couple months ago of "gameplay" looked like a proof of concept more than anything, so I guess it makes sense that it's getting delayed.

T3MPLESMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This gives me plenty of time to clear up my Legend of Zelda backlog anyway.

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever's fine with me Aonuma. Take your time...

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not surprised at all, but man it's still a bummer.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Brad has been calling this for a while. So I guess Star Fox is now the big WiiU game for the Fall. This also more than likely means we are only getting one Zelda game this generation unless they pull another Majora's Mask and do a quick follow up that shares the same engine and assets.

JesusHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really glad everybody is saying 2015 is already the worst year for video games and we haven't even got any idea what's at E3. At least wait until then to start spouting GAMING IS DEAD. Especially when this was number one along with Uncharted to be delayed.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

This is the least surprising news of the year

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Dan_CiTi  Online

What Zelda game hasnt been delayed?

AbeTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By AbeTheGreatest

I can wait another year to buy the Wii U

DocPorpoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but that new star fox game that was only off handly mentioned in a video of zelda being played will still be out this year right.... right?

saddlebrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: That's not a bad point but I think the difference there is that the Wii was one of the highest-selling consoles of all-time, whereas the Wii U is one of the worst. Nintendo has been porting most of the previous generation console Zelda games up as incentive to buy the newest console since they ported Ocarina up to the GameCube as Master Quest. It's surprisingly not that uncommon for them.

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Wikitoups

@cybexx said:

Brad has been calling this for a while. So I guess Star Fox is now the big WiiU game for the Fall. This also more than likely means we are only getting one Zelda game this generation unless they pull another Majora's Mask and do a quick follow up that shares the same engine and assets.

More like Xenoblade X, they showed nothing about Star Fox yet, and Unless thats a small game it's probably coming in 2016 as well.

So X, splatoon, and yoshi woolly world....thats not much :/

unless they have some great eshop and vc releases (I doubt it)

Edit:Mario maker and that project guard/giant robot are suppose to be this year but if they are small games they are probably next year as well

XAMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo delays EVERY Zelda game for 2 years. I can't believe some people actually thought this would come out this year.

MissAshley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't be too bummed about this given there hasn't been enough about the game revealed to get me hyped.

Amethyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Amethyne

Maybe I missed something, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the NX just be the next handheld? I don't see Nintendo releasing two home consoles in a row, and I don't see this new Zelda being on a handheld either.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm gonna play Quake. That can't get delayed.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@shaanyboi said:

SHOCKING

Zelda WiiU to be marketed as a Zelda 30th Anniversary event, confirmed.

Yeah probably. 5 years between console Zeldas is apparently where we're at now, and Skyward Sword had all that 25th anniversary stuff tied to it.

I honestly wish they'd release them more frequently (like 1998-2002 having OoT, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker), partially because there's about a 50/50 shot that any new Zelda will play it overly safe and not interest me very much. We had Wind Waker which was awesome and different, then they played it safe with Ocarina of Time Version 2.0 I mean Twilight Princess, then they went weird again with Skyward Sword, so I suspect this will be another game where it's just link tooling around Hyrule on Epona, doing regular Triforce bullshit to stop what turns out to be Ganondorf again.

Since 2009 they've actually released a new Zelda game almost every year, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina 3D, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker HD, Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors, and Majora 3D. If anything, it feels a little over-saturated, even if some are remakes.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@evan223 said:

Looks like I'll be waiting another year to buy a WiiU

Same here. Or then look at that NX thing, if Nintendo are going to release it soon-ish.

So, what big consoles games are coming out this year?

I feel pretty confident about Halo 5, MGS V and Forza 6 coming out this year. Mad Max, Just Cause 3, Quantum Break, Rainbow Six Siege and Rise of the Tomb Raider have been implied for this year, but any or all of those may get delayed as well.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am suspecting that the open world nature of the next zelda game is making the development of this game much harder than the previous zelda games where the gameplay has been more linear than what it is in this new zelda game.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By JRM

Oh Nintendo... *sigh*

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By BisonHero

@zippedbinders said:

@bisonhero said:

@shaanyboi said:

SHOCKING

Zelda WiiU to be marketed as a Zelda 30th Anniversary event, confirmed.

Yeah probably. 5 years between console Zeldas is apparently where we're at now, and Skyward Sword had all that 25th anniversary stuff tied to it.

I honestly wish they'd release them more frequently (like 1998-2002 having OoT, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker), partially because there's about a 50/50 shot that any new Zelda will play it overly safe and not interest me very much. We had Wind Waker which was awesome and different, then they played it safe with Ocarina of Time Version 2.0 I mean Twilight Princess, then they went weird again with Skyward Sword, so I suspect this will be another game where it's just link tooling around Hyrule on Epona, doing regular Triforce bullshit to stop what turns out to be Ganondorf again.

Since 2009 they've actually released a new Zelda game almost every year, Spirit Tracks, Ocarina 3D, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker HD, Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors, and Majora 3D. If anything, it feels a little over-saturated, even if some are remakes.

Spirit Tracks is basically an expansion pack for Phantom Hourglass given how similar it is, Ocarina 3D is a remake, Wind Waker HD is a remake, Majora's 3D is a remake, Hyrule Warriors isn't even a Zelda game. I'm talking about them releasing more original Zeldas, not just nostalgia cash-ins and Warriors Orochi games with the Zelda branding slapped on them. I feel like you went out of your way to go off on a tangent about something I wasn't even talking about. Nintendo puts out a new console Zelda game about once every 5 years at this point, which I directly stated.

Yes, Nintendo the publisher is certainly putting out almost a game a year with "Zelda" printed on the box, but those aren't original efforts that are pushing the Zelda series forward. You wanna talk games actually developed by Nintendo EAD Group 3, and it's Spirit Tracks (2009), Skyward Sword (2011), Wind Waker HD and Link Between Worlds (2013), and this new Wii U Zelda (2016 at the earliest).

I know the remakes are easy nostalgia money, but I wish Nintendo would just divert those budgets away from remakes and pay another developer to take a crack at a Zelda game, like how Flagship got to make some Zelda games for a while there. Now that Nintendo internal is back making handheld Zeldas after the break they got during the GBA era, I feel like it's got to be stretching them a little thin to be constantly bouncing from handheld to console Zelda work. Having someone else work on the Game Boy Color and GBA Zeldas seemed like it gave Nintendo internal more room to really get down to work on the console Zeldas of that time (OoT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker).

Valhallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can wait. Do your thing Nintendo, I think this game looks fantastic

Asadasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The paucity of any of the consoles lineups.

Ascara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose its not the end of the world if it leads to a better game, not really much to buy from Nintendo right now then

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not even saying they're pushing to 2016. I wonder if several new possibilities means, abilities we cannot make good on because the wii u hardware isn't enough to push this Zelda concept far enough. That's fine enough for me really, the polish that Super Mario World got was because of the continuous push of SNES. This message reads to me, this game wasn't good enough. Just do you Nintendo, we'll still be here. Hopefully.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, this was originally promised for 2015, really? That seems...overly ambitious.

Kane_233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, not much to buy from anybody right now. There's a city builder call Cities:Skylines that's a pretty big hit right now. I love the game to death, think it's the spiritual successor to SimCity, but it's a damning indictment of the lineup at the moment if that's the game I'm mentioning with such reverence. Summer is typically a barren wasteland....so we have fall and winter. Basically, everybody is now banking on E3 this year. So if E3 delivers little in the way of content that will be playable this year...we are looking at a rather barren landscape for the industry as a whole.

Chris_Cov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's be honest, no one actually thought this was going to be a 2015 release did they?

I've mentioned a couple of time on social media I personally don't think this will EVER be released on WiiU. Nintendo's next console maybe but, not WiiU. It's not like they haven't done this before? Think about it, would you release this on a console that doesn't have the user base or, do you make this the launch title for a new Nintendo Console? kind of a no-brainer really!!

@chris_hla

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I this doesn't come to Wii U before the next console, I'm out... permanently.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This not making 2015 release isn't that surprising. But the follow-up message saying this game won't even appear at E3 sounds dumb as hell.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#97  Edited By Trilogy

@ptys said:

I this doesn't come to Wii U before the next console, I'm out... permanently.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pirata said:

2015 is looking more and more barren. Where did all the video games go?

Here's my list of upcoming games I'm interested in I like to keep handy on my phone. Sure some of these will slip to 2016 but 2015 is looking pretty damn healthy to me if ~70% of these get released this year.

- Adrift
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Bloodborne - out 27/03
- Broken Age - Part 2
- Cuphead
- Everyone's Gone to the Rapture
- Firewatch
- Galak-Z
- Hellblade - 2016?
- Impact Winter
- Kentucky Route Zero - Act IV & V
- Memory of a Broken Dimension
- Metal Gear Solid V - 01/09
- Necropolis
- No Mans Sky
- Overwatch
- Persona 5
- Pillars of Eternity - out 26/03
- Project CARs - 02/04
- Rime
- Routine
- Salt and Sanctuary
- Severed
- Splatoon - 05?
- Street Fighter V
- Tangiers
- Tearaway Unfolded
- The Legend of Zelda - 2016!
- The Witcher 3 - 19/05
- The Witness
- Torment: Tides of Numenera
- Uncharted 4 - 2016!
- Until Dawn
- We Happy Few
- Xenoblade Chronicles X

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Not surprising at all. Almost nothing's been shown.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

@bisonhero:

Nintendo didn't release Skyward Sword on the Wii U because they thought the Wii brand name would sell itself. That's why there were no major launch titles. Nintendo got cocky after the success of the Wii and thought that relying on brand name alone would sell a system. Turns out that doesn't work.