Avatar image for deactivated-599a406a582b6
deactivated-599a406a582b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello

I love my PlayStation 4. It's fantastic; however, a month or so ago I started wishing I owned an Xbox One for various reasons. None of my current friends have PlayStation accounts and I miss achievements to be honest. (I'm still hoarding trophies so no worries there.) Anyways, now I want an Xbox One solely for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The Halo games have made a permanent spot in my memories and the nostalgia I have for the series is great. It's hard for me to justify a $400-$500 purchase for one game however. So, my question for you Xbox One owners is this: other than arguably the best "HD Collection" ever made, what other things make the Xbox One worth purchasing? i.e. features, upcoming exclusives, accessibility, etc.

I'm basically into everything from sports to JRPGs to first person shooters to racing simulators too so don't worry about whether or not I'll like it because odds are, I probably will.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@themusicman: The controller is pretty nice, and it has games.

There is Halo:Guardians coming eventually, as you seem to like Halo. Sunset Overdrive is coming out soon. Looks fun and badical. Dead Rising 3 is decent, crazy fun. Killer Instinct is hella fun. Titanfall was an alright online shooter. Forza Horizon 2 is okay. The new Tomb Raider is going to be a timed exclusive on it.

"Inside" by the makers of Limbo seems like it could be a cool, dark indie game. Cuphead is another very unique-looking indie title. Ori and the Blind Forest, too. Quantum Break seems like it could be not terrible. Crackdown 3 is coming out, if you liked Crackdown. You can play Super Time Force on your TV with it, as well.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

If you already have a PS4, why not go for a PC or Wii U?

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By impartialgecko

You want the shiny new thing to go under your dope TV next to your sick PS4 because you like having shit and playing goddamned motherfuckin' video games like the baller you are. Do you like Halo? Xbox One has all the Halo! Do you like hitting dudes? Killer Instinct lets you hit dudes for free! That's some free-ass violence right there for you. You're into Rocky right? Sure you are. Xbox One ads have that whole speech from Rocky Balboa and that was a good movie about important things like hitting people and family!

The Xbox One isn't just about video games, it's about the future! Did you see Minority Report? That movie was dope as shit right? It's like that but for TV and also for the video games!

It's all in one! The Xbox One! And it's rad as fuck!

In stores now for $399.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@themusicman: Giant Bomb Race Night on Forza Horizon 2. All you need.

gamingmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Achievements are present on all platforms; I'm not sure what you mean. Do you just prefer the name (other than trophies)?

The reasons to buy a console (Xbox One in this case) would be exclusives, social group, and/or a PC is not in your budget.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the only current gen console that can play CD's.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi

Scalebound.

If you don't have a Wii U though I would recommend that far more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impartialgecko: Best sales pitch ever.

I'm not a PC guy for whatever reason; there's just something I really like about consoles and their ease of access. I know I'll buy an Xbox One eventually, I just have to decide if it's worth it for me to be there day one for some of the exclusive games. There's places a lot worse to put $400 other than Microsoft's pocket.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@themusicman: In all honesty the hot combo of Forza Horizon 2, the Halo Master Chief Collection and Scalebound(!) has got be salivating for a Xbox One. Who cares what's in the box? (Apart for Peter Molyneux and you can't trust that fella). There are games coming out on that thing that you can't get anywhere else and I want those games.

Also the Wii U has enough of a back catalogue that it might be worth your consideration as well, plus Bayonetta 2 (!!!)

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigsocrates  Online

Xbox One has by far the better hot 'sclusies this holiday season. Forza Horizon 2 blows Driveclub away. Project Spark is not as good as Little Big Planet 3 will be, but is roughly equivalent. Sunset Overdrive is better than Sony's...umm...nothing? And the Master Chief collection is going to make your brain melt, and also has no equivalent on the Sony box.

If you get one with Kinect you can also grab Dance Central and Disney's Fantasia. THE HOTTEST OF 'SCLUSIES ARE ON XBOX ONE!

In all seriousness, as someone who owns both systems...it's not really worth it unless you have cash to burn. If those exclusive games appeal to you and your friends are on XBONE then I guess it makes sense, but waiting for a price drop also makes sense. Forza Horizon 2 is great, but is it a system seller? Not in my opinion.

P.S. TITANFALL! Of course the only people left playing are super hardcore and will massacre you, but Titanfall is still a very good game.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I'm really surprised that the messaging system is still so rough on the PS4. I get a notification that I got a new message, but when I go to my messages nothing is there and the refresh icon just keeps spinning it's wheels. When the message finally came in the damn thing doesn't recognize that I've read it so despite idling in the message window for several minutes I still have a (1) notification.

So you should get an XB1 just to send messages relatively hassle free. XMB is still, quite frankly, a mess.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not save the money and buy a nice pc? If you just want validation for your purchasing decisions on another console you probably don't need us for that.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Levius

The suspend game feature is really, really cool. Also, I personally think EA access is pretty good value for money, it's effectively 6 games for $30. Titanfall is not a reason to get a Xbox one though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@extomar said:

Why not save the money and buy a nice pc? If you just want validation for your purchasing decisions on another console you probably don't need us for that.

I'm not a PC guy for whatever reason; there's just something I really like about consoles and their ease of access.

Having read that I also think he should probably buy a PC, because everyone that asks for console purchasing advice is probably better off with a PC.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

P.S. TITANFALL! Of course the only people left playing are super hardcore and will massacre you, but Titanfall is still a very good game.

That is because the only people left playing didn't realize everyone else stopped. Not trying to be harsh but you are the first I've seen in weeks mention Titanfall.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bigsocrates  Online

@bigsocrates said:

That is because the only people left playing didn't realize everyone else stopped. Not trying to be harsh but you are the first I've seen in weeks mention Titanfall.

That's because people are done playing the game after half a year, but for someone who doesn't game on PC and doesn't have an XBONE it is brand new, and it's a great game even if it does wear thin after 50 hours. It's not like it's outdated, the issue now is that the community is kind of dead with only the hardcore left. That may change this holiday when a bunch of new people get XBONEs though. I loved Titanfall, easily one of my favorite games of the year even if, like everyone else, I'm kind of done with it at this point.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought one around a month ago and love it. So there's that. :)

Atom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forza Horizon 2 was a system seller for me. Bought an XONE and the game last friday. Then again, I kinda had to get the bland Driveclub taste out of my mouth. Worked wonders. FH2 is all sorts of fun, varied events, cool soundtrack, better progression. Looks amazing, too.

Bought Killer Instict and D4 as well, and preordered. Sunset Overdrive.

I'd be all over Ryse and Dead Rising 3, but I already own them on PC. That crazy-ass Capcom fanservice DLC, tho... I might have to double dip.

Gista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Master Chief collection

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Aside from what everyone else has been saying, the XB1 makes for a pretty snazzy media entertainment hub if you ask me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e99249d288ef
deactivated-5e99249d288ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say owning an Xbox One this year is essential since you have a PS4. Wait until Quantum Break or some other main title by them is released...by then Forza and Master Chief collection will be cheaper or maybe the box itself will get a price cut next year.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Rowr

Owning both consoles this early is kind of madness i'm afraid, you will possibly regret it.

At least wait for the exclusives to come out, you are more likely to be able to grab a nice bundle or something. It doesn't hurt to wait and see how the games pan out review wise either.

If you are just one of those people that needs new gadgets, buy like a vita or something.

I mean unless you are going to miss multiplayer with friends or something, don't feel like you are missing out on anything - there is nothing out for these consoles at this point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ceejay78: I like that mindset. I could easily wait for a price drop in both the console and the games I want too. I think I'll wait and see what kind of holiday bonus check I get and go from there. If I had the cash to burn, I'd probably go get one today but waiting might end up making me want it more. It could give me more of a reason too.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd sell you mine if my daughter didn't like using kinect to watch Netflix so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e99249d288ef
deactivated-5e99249d288ef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good deal..i'm facing the same issue except I have a PC. So I don't know which console I'll get first, right now there are no exclusives to compel me and I know they'll be some price cut or bundle down the road. I'll own both eventually since I like my 360 and PS3...but for now I'm waiting.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love my X1. I'll try to avoid getting too "console fanboy" here, but in terms of exclusives, the X1 is simply destroying the PS4 right now. There's Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Titanfall, Forza (5 was fine; Horizon 2 is fucking amazing), Trials, D4 (gotta love Swery weirdness), the next Tomb Raider, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and Sunset Overdrive (which seems to appeal to others, though not to me personally). Lots of good options there. Also, snapping TV is cool and useful to me because I'm a multitasker. I mostly use the Kinect voice controls to do volume control, turn off the console (the "xbox on" command is still dicey for some reason), switch between inputs or games, and use the "record that" functionality, but the auto-sign in is nice as well. The controller is still easily the best out there. The games look and run great (despite what all the 900p/1080p b.s. would lead you to believe). Many of the apps like Netflix, Hulu, FX NOW, and the supposed holiday arrival of HBO GO are a nice bonus. External hard drive support is a huge plus, especially with digital downloads becoming more of a reality now. I'm lazy enough to where I find the ability to lay on the couch and simply say "xbox, go to (insert game)" instead of to having to get up and go switch out CDs to be pretty damn convenient. Also, the online community is more active.

In short, if a few of the X1 exclusives appeal to you and you'd use some of the TV/voice stuff, get an X1. Unless the Master Chief Collection is #DRIVECLUB broken or something, that and Forza Horizon 2 alone can pretty much justify the console in my book, especially given the "media hub" capabilities of the console. However, if you don't care about any of the other X1 exclusives besides Halo or the X1's TV/Kinect/media hub features and just want to feel the nostalgia of Halo again, go pick up an OG Xbox for like fifty bucks and stick with your PS4.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bigsocrates  Online

@notnert427:

Trials is not an XBONE exclusive. Fantasia is (Xbox 360 too, I guess.)

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By notnert427

@bigsocrates said:

@notnert427:

Trials is not an XBONE exclusive.

Ah, I assumed it was because the previous ones were only on Xbox/PC. My mistake; thanks for the correction.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xyzygy

Some good/potentially good Console Exclusives:

• Forza Horizon 2
  • Forza 5 (and Forza 6 is probably up next)
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Scalebound
  • Phantom Dust
  • Ori and the Blind Forest
  • Cuphead
  • Super Time Force
  • Quantum Break
  • Dark Dreams Don't Die
  • Crackdown 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • Titanfall
  • Halo: Master Chief Collection
  • Halo 5
  • Project Spark
  • Below
  • State of Decay: Year One Survival
  • Class4 (Undead Labs' State of Decay follow-up)
  • Dance Central Spotlight
  • Cobalt
  • Fable Legends
  • Fantasia
  • Behemoth's Game 4
  • Black Tusk's Gears of War
  • Inside
  • Massive Chalice
  • Ryse
  • Sunset Overdrive

Not to mention all the multiplatform games coming to it and that have already come. Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, AC Unity, Shadow of Mordor, etc.

Controller is excellent, Kinect actually adds to using the system, really neat and newly implemented multitasking features, constant monthly updates means the console is just getting better and better.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Since they're playing catch-up to Sony, they've been working a lot harder, and it shows. They were so screwed up out of the gate that they've had to work twice as hard to course correct, but at this point I have pretty much zero complaints with the system. They do an update almost every month putting in features that people have been requesting, which is a huge step up from the once-or-twice-a-year thing the 360 did. At this point the One's dashboard is improved enough to where I'd consider it pretty good.

Personal preference obviously, but I think the exclusives so far have been much stronger on the XBone. Between the time I put into Titanfall (which is obviously not as noteworthy now, but I got several good months out of it), D4 living up to and surpassing my expectations, and Halo MC Collection coming in a few weeks, I'll be using this thing a lot.

TL;DR version - I was pretty iffy on the thing when I bought the console when Titanfall came out and barely touched it aside from that game until mid-late Summer - but at this point it gets usage pretty much every day.

-----

Can't agree with the "buy a PC" thing if you are into "everything." The games that are good will definitely look the best, but there are still occasional shitty ports of big games, and at this point not everything is even getting put out on PC (Destiny) or has a much smaller audience that doesn't last (Titanfall).

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest you should just decide how much you want to play Halo. Exclusives keep becoming more rare and even so you can typically find a similar experience on the other console. But if you're a Halo fan then you'll need that Xbox. I've got both and am not regretting that decision mainly due to different groups of friends on each console.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EXTomar

I suggested a PC because with either ps4 or xbone and a PC you have covered most of the major game releases while going for only the consoles you are leaving a bunch of software and games out. Sure there are exclusives for both consoles but the "ecosystem" for both consoles seem pretty similar while the PC offers something else entirely.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I love my X1, its a really slick system and the OS has been massively overhauled since launch. MS is doing a great job supporting it, and it will only get better. I agree, if your friends are playing there it's a no-brainer.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By project343

I own all next-gen consoles (WiiU, PS4, Xbox One). So far, the Xbox One has done the least to justify the purchase. The PS4 is sort of the better platform for multiplatform gaming (better UI, better performance/resolution, higher value service, better controller); it also has a much snappier Netflix app. That said, the Xbox One has a couple pros. The recent addition of DLNA support is lovely, and the rest of the arsenal of multimedia features are comprehensive and (generally) excellent. While there is very little worth owning on the Xbox One right now (Forza Horizon and D4 being the only notable exclusives), there is a fair bit of promise in the future.

You could probably list just as many exclusive titles worth owning on the PS4, so you'll have to decide for yourself if the contents of this list are worth the price of admission. The PS4 is the leaner, but better next-gen gaming experience; the Xbox One, by contrast, is a bloated experience that has yet to really justify itself to gamers specifically.

If I were to recommend two consoles this generation, I would recommend the WiiU and PS4. Both have done a much better job justifying the price. WiiU, in particular, has the best catalogue of exclusive content.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Honestly, I like their attitude of listening to the community and improving the console every month. The current XONE experience is completely different from what it was back in November.

Everyone has flaws, but I respect people who try to improve themselves constantly, guess I feel the same way about stuff like this.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By OneLoneClone

Skype is cool. Muting the TV with voice commands is useful. Unified search via bing is cool for finding stuff to watch (surfaces the 'free' sources like Amazon prime or Netflix or Crackle, not just Xbox Video)

I have both PS4 and Xbox1, and prefer the Xbox controller so much that I mostly buy games for XBox1.

The PS4 triggers squeak and the rubber has come off the sticks and it gives me game claw after using it for a few hours. I don't like the way the light on the PS4 controller reflects on the TV, and haven't seen the touchpad used for anything worthwhile, and the speaker inside also feels like a gimmick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a good sense of the pros and cons of the system now and I'm really excited to get one but like I said before, I'll probably end up waiting--at least for a little while. I've realized that there's no one killer app for either consoles right now and it's kinda depressing that the Master Chief Collection is the closest thing to a system seller right now (for me specifically). That being said, I can't get into PC gaming at all so I'd really like to play games like Below, D4, Forza, and other X1 exclusives so I think that's where I'm going to end up.

Now we just have to play the waiting game.

spacekatgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's enough content to justify buying any system on the market.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Scalebound, Media Player App w/ external HDD support, external HDD game installs, random indie games, etc. And they're probably putting Limbo on XONE in a couple of months.

I own both next-gen consoles, and I more often buy games on XONE and some exclusives on PS4. It just depends.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

CByrne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I own both and a decent PC. So far my xbox has been pretty great and I've used it more.

Mostly the interface is soo much better than PS4. The control is probably better than the PS4. At first I was a PS4 controller man, now it feels mushy in some ways. The D pad and R1, L1 buttons are so precise.

The internet browser, albeit with issues, is better than the PS4. GB premium stuff with the html5 just works. It's nice. The plug in a USB stick with raw video files on it and they are playable is super nice. Ironically the blu-ray player just works. PS4 had some juttering a couple months ago on a playback.

I also love walking in to my room and shouting to turn it on or off. kinect voice commands for party stuff is reasonably good as well as recording dumb clips.

If you have money, why not? It's the only way to play all the games!

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really think there is enough of a market out yet to purchase either console. Keep in mind if you already have a PS4 you will be able to play 90% of what comes out in the next few years until decent price drops. A good chunk of the lists in this thread have a lot of multiplats. It seems however you are concerned about your friends and missing out in a shared experience of the MCC. So you really just have to ask is the cost of a Xbone, game, and Live worth the amount of fun and time your friends will play the MCC? Honestly in my opinion these are all games you can play now with your friends on older consoles and probably don't.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you already have one of the new gen systems, really the only thing that makes one console worth owning over another are the exclusives. Neither console is particularly stuffed with quality exclusives yet, but in the end they both will have plenty so buy now or buy later, it's unlikely you'll regret your choice in the long run. Also, it's nice knowing whatever is announced will be playable to you because you already have both systems.

Buy it now and you'll be able to play Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive next week, and Halo a few weeks from now, plus whatever exclusives you had your eye on between launch and now.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a PC guy, but I went and did some very simple math at Amazon. Total for both Consoles, $800.00 That is just reaching the limit for a 'can play present games decently' level for PC users. Consoles are designed for their functions and to do those well. For a particular it was pointed out how good the graphics were on a console for Shadow of Mordor when compared to the Ultra setting on PC. I do not think you can lose, getting a XB1. Microsoft seems doggedly committed, which is a necessary thing. This point in the cycle and such would put the odds of an intelligent buy well in your favor.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like you don't really need convincing. Honestly, I was always a Playstation guy. It's just where I bought my games and loved the interface and exclusives and what-not. Lately, I've been playing Xbox One way more. The frequent updates to the OS are great and something to often look forward to. They just sent out a video showing off the ability to use achievement art as your home screen background. I know, it's nothing revolutionary but they keep pumping out little things like that which keep me happy. Also, Forza Horizon and Sunset Overdrive are two games I look forward to playing soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5bc497650e6
deactivated-5e5bc497650e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has a nice twitch app. I use it with a second monitor while playing ps4.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

The $50 off any xbox one promo announced today is a good enough reason. There is also the promo going on with Xbox Rewards that gives you $20 back if you buy 3 digital games or $15 back if you preorder a disc at the Microsoft Store is a good enough excuse.