Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

Does anyone else think the graphics look...

• 79 results
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By get2sammyb
    @User_Hostile: That's from the head-rip QTE scene, which is completely in-game, captured from the TGS trailer.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#52  Edited By Icemael
    @User_Hostile said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    " That demo is almost a year old and still looks better than most retail releases.

Let's wait for next weeks reveal shall we?

Worst graphics this gen. ^ "
    I never said they were the worst graphics this generation.  Is that an in-game screenshot or from a cutscene?  If it's in-game I'm totally prepared to eat my words because that looks gorgeous "
    It's in-game.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By tebbit

The demo - I thought - looked really good. The word i'd use is Fidelity, because though there were some rough edges I noticed, everything is rendered really well. All the character models are big and impressive, the art is fantastic, the textures are rich and detailed. Not once did I look at the game and think "well, this is average". On my personal scale of graphical impressiveness (with UC2 being firmly at the top) I think it edges out a lot of other games, including Killzone 2 - only because I prefer the more vivid colour palette of GoW to the darker Killzone. 

@User_Hostile said:

When you compare it to games released months ago (like Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank) or even similar games like Dante's Inferno, the graphics really seem to look dated.  What does everyone else think? "
    Modern Warfare 2 looks good, but I wouldn't say it's spectacular. And I thought Dante's Inferno looked kinda crappy. It's tough not to look dated against two of the best looking games ever made, but I think God of War 3 has it's own unique style which means the graphics are not immediately comparable to other games - it's all about the art style imo.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Bones8677

The pre-rendered cut scenes for Dante's Inferno look pretty damn good, the game itself looks fine. 

I've not yet played the God of War 3 demo but just basing on the Quick Look I think they look pretty good. I do have an HDTV with HDMI hook up so I will report back later once I put in District 9. ^.^

User_Hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By User_Hostile
    @Icemael said:
    " @User_Hostile said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    " That demo is almost a year old and still looks better than most retail releases.

Let's wait for next weeks reveal shall we?

Worst graphics this gen. ^ "
    I never said they were the worst graphics this generation.  Is that an in-game screenshot or from a cutscene?  If it's in-game I'm totally prepared to eat my words because that looks gorgeous "
    It's in-game. "
    OK so if that's the case then I'm totally prepared to concede that I was too hasty in judging the graphics, I sincerely hope that's the standard for the entire game, because that looks terrific. Thanks for posting the screen.

GOW II was an excellent example of the PS2 being pushed to the max, so I hope they do the same thing here.  Just to clarify AGAIN for the masses, I was a huge fan of the first two so unless it ends up broken like Bayonetta (which is all but impossible), I'll be buying this on day one.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By get2sammyb
    @User_Hostile: At least you ate humble pie. :) I can respect that.

I think people are a bit too hasty with the demo. Even if you were disappointed with it, let's be honest, they're hardly likely to release the best parts of the game 10 months or so before release -- nor are they likely to have sat on their asses since then.

And like I said, it's also worth noting, Sony Santa Monica make whole games simultaneously; i.e. they don't just make a demo, polish it to hell, then start on the rest of the game.

They announced in November I believe that the game is "finished", so I'm sure they're just polishing/play-testing right now, which might bring out even further engine improvements.

Killzone 2 improved dramatically ahead of release. There's a new trailer due next week so we'll all see, and be able to judge, the updated build then.
    User_Hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By User_Hostile
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @User_Hostile: At least you ate humble pie. :) I can respect that.  I think people are a bit too hasty with the demo. Even if you were disappointed with it, let's be honest, they're hardly likely to release the best parts of the game 10 months or so before release -- nor are they likely to have sat on their asses since then.  And like I said, it's also worth noting, Sony Santa Monica make whole games simultaneously; i.e. they don't just make a demo, polish it to hell, then start on the rest of the game.  They announced in November I believe that the game is "finished", so I'm sure they're just polishing/play-testing right now, which might bring out even further engine improvements.  Killzone 2 improved dramatically ahead of release. There's a new trailer due next week so we'll all see, and be able to judge, the updated build then. "
    Yeah thanks again for posting that screen Sammy, regardless of how the graphics turn out I'll still be whooping Olympian arse as soon as it's released.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By septim

The screenshot posted is pretty awesome but I find that still images do this game a disservice. It looks much better in motion.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Daryl

I doubt this game is going to be released looking like a piece of shit.

kirathian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By kirathian

No Caption Provided
    This is apparently in-game.  If that's true (and god help us all if those dudes in the walls are moving) then we all shall bow down before Santa Monica. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By get2sammyb
    ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @super_machine said:
    " No. BTW, I wouldn't include MW2 when comparing graphics unless we are talking about average looking games. "
    Yep. 

Kratos even has more polygons the Old Snake in MGS4, and considering how amazing that game looked I just can't see how GoW3's graphics are bad.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Looks good enough. Having played it a couple times I can say it looks pretty sharp, moves well, and all that good stuff. A few bits aren't great, but other bits are really good.

Also, do NOT use quicklooks to see how a fucking HD game looks. Your an idiot if you think that is good enough to judge the game. Having played the game on a nice, HD screen, from about a foot away mind you (PAX was packed) tyhe game looks great, and I was actually seeing all of it.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By KowalskiManDown

They don't look garbage. And who cares if they're not quite up to scratch? It's a game, not a 3D movie.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By TheHBK

Feels like they set the bar too high with that first trailer.  I think studios need to stop fucking up and put out trailers that make you think they have been able to pull some miracle off to make the graphics look that good.  Seems like they did just go the God of War Collection route and up rezed some stuff.  Seems like they are still using the same engine.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By TwoOneFive

its looks like a fucking painting bro: 
    LZKPu.jpg  
     pkAOc.jpg 
     DeeMy.jpg 
     and especially this link: 2vc72hk.jpg  

this game will probably win best graphics for 2010 and possibly GOTY

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @TheHBK said:
    " Feels like they set the bar too high with that first trailer.  I think studios need to stop fucking up and put out trailers that make you think they have been able to pull some miracle off to make the graphics look that good.  Seems like they did just go the God of War Collection route and up rezed some stuff.  Seems like they are still using the same engine. "
    dude, wtf are you talking about??? the game looks incredible, look at the links i just posted. 
    Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By Slippy

Eh, no, i'd say you are blind.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TwoOneFive
      /THREAD
    ColinWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#70  Edited By ColinWright

oh no, the fanboys are coming! Also, it doesn't look terrible, but is nothing to write home about. Compared to previous PS3 exclusives it doesnt hold up. But otherwise it looks solid. Dante is just more fun to play. Buuut, that is a different topic.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By PureRok
    @TwoOneFive: I don't see what's so impressive about that screenshot. Shadow of the Colossus looks better than that, and I don't even like that game.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By xyzygy
    @TwoOneFive: Yeah I agree with PureRok, there isn't really anything special about that screen. The game looks good but you picked a very bad shot to show, the dark areas look horrendous in it. Look at Kratos' leg.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @xyzygy said:
    " @TwoOneFive: Yeah I agree with PureRok, there isn't really anything special about that screen. The game looks good but you picked a very bad shot to show, the dark areas look horrendous in it. Look at Kratos' leg. "
    wow, im speechless.  you guys are fuckin ridiculous. 
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By canucks23

I think it looks great.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By CL60
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @TwoOneFive: Yeah I agree with PureRok, there isn't really anything special about that screen. The game looks good but you picked a very bad shot to show, the dark areas look horrendous in it. Look at Kratos' leg. "
    wow, im speechless.  you guys are fuckin ridiculous.  "
    Yeah, they are...the game looks gorgeous. To say it looks bad, or even like garbage is just dumb.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By get2sammyb
    @TwoOneFive: Haha, I love how anecdotal evidence keeps being posted but people are still like, "yeah, it ain't great."

My favourite thread of 2010 thus far.

That Hades screen is fucking unreal.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#77  Edited By ProfessorEss

Looks pretty good to me.

...and I bet it'll look even better when you're in the heat of the gameplay.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By xyzygy
    @CL60 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Yeah, they are...the game looks gorgeous. To say it looks bad, or even like garbage is just dumb. "
    I didn't say it looked bad at all. I said that game looks great, but that shot doesn't really show anything off that is noteworthy.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @xyzygy said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Yeah, they are...the game looks gorgeous. To say it looks bad, or even like garbage is just dumb. "
    I didn't say it looked bad at all. I said that game looks great, but that shot doesn't really show anything off that is noteworthy. "
    Well then, lets agree to disagree. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.